2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 223.
#9701 6 years ago

I would say continue to post them here or message @fawzmagames. He does seem to take notes and if your idea is good enough it may just get implemented. I wouldn't expect any major updates at this point but you never know! He already has a good start on V23 when it gets released.

#9702 6 years ago

I’d recommend a mini-wizard mode when you beat 4 main modes or all the mini-modes.

#9703 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d recommend a mini-wizard mode when you beat 4 main modes or all the mini-modes.

YES! Gives us a nice little reward for the ball bashing that this game gives those who play it!

#9704 6 years ago

Collecting 1,000 corpses is pretty tough and not all that exciting when you get there
I'd like some loud screaming and some in your face graphics, (maybe flashing lights ) when you get to 1,000 .

#9705 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Collecting 1,000 corpses is pretty tough and not all that exciting when you get there
I'd like some loud screaming and some in your face graphics, (maybe flashing lights ) when you get to 1,000 .

Still haven’t achieved that yet but I do agree it should come with a rewarding graphic, light show, and callout!

#9706 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Still haven’t achieved that yet but I do agree it should come with a rewarding graphic, light show, and callout!

Maybe GI goes dark , backglass lighting red , and loud screaming for sure . something that let's you that you've got there and lets you know in a way that you don't need to be watching the display panel.

#9707 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I can totally get behind this, right now you don't even realize you hit it!

#9708 6 years ago

RZ$$I is fantastic and code is one of the best parts, but there are some adjustments that could make the game even better imho. Some have been mentioned before and I am not particularly good at communication, but i hoped to consolidate a list and it would be great to hear if any of these might be added to the next game update by the software design team. Sorry for the long post that follows.

RZ TO DO LIST

1) Infected Mode -

One of three promised features discussed in the game's early development that sold me on a RZ preorder. Currently Infected begins after a mode times out and when you still have a ball in play. Once completed, it lights up on the mode menu. The rules for infected have evolved a few times and maybe it's time to ratchet the wheel another quarter turn.

Change infected to count any mode that is started and not completed as a fail, including those in which the ball drains before the mode times out. So any mode started would result in one of three outcomes - it would be completed, would be timed out and infected mode started or ball would drain and mode would become infected. An infected mode will appear on the mode menu with an infected symbol. To clear an infection, the infected mode may initially be won following the timing out of any mode, or subsequently by choosing to start an incomplete infected mode. When starting an infected mode, you should have to beat infected mode first to clear infection and then the regular mode would automatically start and you need to beat it to complete mode. Fail but keep ball in play after the mode times out and infected mode starts again. Completed modes should not be selectable again, however, infected modes should be.

2) Fawzma Flippers -

The second promised feature which is currently not implemented, although it was for a short period, was the use of reverse flippers during infection mode.

Add menu option for flipper style to use for infection mode with options being - standard flippers, reverse flippers or inverted reverse flippers. Selected style will run during entirety of infection mode. Improving on this idea, rather than one setting for the whole game, allow each player to select their desired style. This would be pretty sweet because this would also allow other players to select a style for You. My personal desire would be to add a menu option for flipper style to be used during the whole game, not just infection mode. Play the whole game with reverse or inverted flippers. Sure it would be difficult but it would also allow you to practice your aiming skills under duress. Should that feature become a standard feature in all of Fawzma's games, calling style selection - Fawzma Flippers - is an easy name to use. even though that is not his name.

3) Corpse Stealing -

Third promised feature that distinguishes this game is not currently implemented.

Add menu option to allow corpse stealing. At the beginning of HTC, a window pops up showing how many corpses have been collected by each player. You are asked whether you wish to play the mode or to steal corpses. If you chose to steal, you pick which player's corpses and those are transferred to you and your ball is released. Once 1000 corpses have been accumulated - at any time during the game and by any player, that player gets the light show, a call out and a lit insert. Once HTC is completed, that player' corpses can not be stolen later in the game.

4) HTC (1000 Corpses) mode -

Currently each switch counts as one corpse and you can multiply the total collected by hitting the two x targets for a value of 1 x or 2 x total. This typically results in in 200 to 600 corpses being collected, almost never can 1000 be collected. Corpse count appears on screen at end of mode and you cannot recall it later.

Change multiplier rules so that after collecting 2x multiplier, one additional set of hits to the x targets requalifies them and another set of hits increases multipliers to 3x and 4x. This should allow player to reach 1000 corpses on one really good ball. Once HTC has been reached, it needs a damn nice light show, an obnoxious call out and for the HTC insert to be lit. Pressing flipper buttons during game should bring up game status and this includes showing corpse count. Current corpse count and multiplier to be shown while playing HTC.

5) Add Fuckin' Funny Clown Secret Jackpot - Capt Spaulding is the best character in all the RZ movies and he deserves his own jackpot.

Hitting a ball to the upper playfield during any multiball will activate the upper flipper. Hit the Spaulding gate once to open and another shot to sink ball in the Spaulding hole. This triggers flashers, a cool Spaulding quote and awards 3 million points. The reward must be big enough to tempt a player into trying the maneuver because the risk for losing the other balls in play is high. Every score could benefit from winning one or two FFCSJ's

6) Demonoid -

Currently requires hitting 15 switches on lower playfield to complete the mode.

Add 2 targets from upper playfield as a requirement for the mode as originally programmed. This adds difficulty but provides a feeling of accomplishing something big.

7) Add content for apron screen -

Could be used to explain rules in attract mode. Could be used to suggest what to hit during game play. Could also be used to cycle through game status screen during game play. Game status needs to be added to the game anyways via holding in flipper, but the small apron screen automatically scroll through game status. That way useful info is provided via the apron, but it is also available to those who don't upgrade with the apron mod.

.8) Update rule sheet -

Rules have grown and it is both important and useful to capture latest rules and scoring.

So not so much stuff but it refines things somewhat. Items #3-5 add new scoring opportunities. What do you think?

#9709 6 years ago

Copying this from my ball-stop mod page so that more people know the issue will be resolved if they have the same clearance as the customer below (photos showed a fit that was quite a bit lower than my machine).

---

"It's been brought to my attention that one of my customers on this mod had a different clearance than my machine, leading to the auto-plunger hitting the base of the ball-stop. He was able to fix this issue on his machine with some washers under the lower apron area, but I don't expect anyone to have to do that.

Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue, or perhaps chime in to confirm fitment on your machine.

I'll be re-working a slimmer version, so future orders will have more clearance. Thus, I can either send a new one out at no charge or offer a refund to anyone with a clearance issue (I did worry that my machine wouldn't be 100% the same as others). Sorry to anyone this may affect."

#9710 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Copying this from my ball-stop mod page so that more people know the issue will be resolved if they have the same clearance as the customer below (photos showed a fit that was quite a bit lower than my machine).
---
"It's been brought to my attention that one of my customers on this mod had a different clearance than my machine, leading to the auto-plunger hitting the base of the ball-stop. He was able to fix this issue on his machine with some washers under the lower apron area, but I don't expect anyone to have to do that.
Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue, or perhaps chime in to confirm fitment on your machine.
I'll be re-working a slimmer version, so future orders will have more clearance. Thus, I can either send a new one out at no charge or offer a refund to anyone with a clearance issue (I did worry that my machine wouldn't be 100% the same as others). Sorry to anyone this may affect."

This hasn’t happened to me, but good on ya for coming up with a fix.

#9711 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Infected Mode -

Fawzma Flippers -

I like the idea of both of these, but Infected as currently implemented is either not seen or makes the game too hard - adding reverse flippers just exaggerates the issue. I stand by the idea that many here support and that is that a mode only becomes infected after the second fail. In this instance, I would support the reverse flippers. If not, as much as I really want the reverse flippers added back, I don't think anyone will actually see them if Infected stays as is (at least not anyone who's actually trying to beat the game). And if reverse flippers are added to Infected, I would remove the most difficult shots (i.e. the 3 target).

reverse flippers or inverted reverse flippers

I honestly don't know the difference between reverse, inverted, and inverted reverse. Regardless, I doubt I'd like complicating things to the point of each player choosing a flipper orientation for a maybe-never-seen mode before/during each game.

Demonoid -

Currently requires hitting 15 switches on lower playfield to complete the mode.

Add 2 targets from upper playfield as a requirement for the mode as originally programmed. This adds difficulty but provides a feeling of accomplishing something big.

I agree with adding back upper playfield targets, but actually feel like the X targets should not be part of this. There is *almost* no skill involved in hitting the X targets. Maybe if the mode was to hit any 15 (of 17) switches to complete, this would allow the X and/or upper playfield. Since the X targets are such a luck shot, this seems like a good compromise.

Fuckin' Funny Clown Secret Jackpot

Love this idea. Games (like Swords of Fury) that require you to keep balls in play while trying to jackpot on an upper playfield are awesome.

Add content for apron screen -

Not sure what should go here, but as a purchaser of the apron mod, I cannot agree more that it needs content to justify the price.

#9712 6 years ago

I most definitely would like infected after the second fail, that would be a really cool improvement. Reverse/Inverse flippers is a parlor trick that's played out, it has no place in this game, way too hard already. Just chiming in: )

#9713 6 years ago

I for one would like to see reverse flippers reimplemented (with on off setting if not desired)

#9714 6 years ago

quick question, i have RZ still in the box, want to sell or trade it for better family theme. is this pin robust enough to be on location?
moderate use, not heavy use. I have a operator asking me this question.

#9715 6 years ago

I had mine on locstion for 3 months before the pizza place folded up and I thought it did fine. Had to replace some coil fuses occasionally

#9716 6 years ago

RZ$$I is fantastic and code is one of the best parts, but there are some adjustments that could make the game even better imho. Some have been mentioned before and I am not particularly good at communication, but i hoped to consolidate a list and it would be great to hear if any of these might be added to the next game update by the software design team. Sorry for the long post that follows.

RZ TO DO LIST

3) Corpse Stealing -
Third promised feature that distinguishes this game is not currently implemented.
Add menu option to allow corpse stealing. At the beginning of HTC, a window pops up showing how many corpses have been collected by each player. You are asked whether you wish to play the mode or to steal corpses. If you chose to steal, you pick which player's corpses and those are transferred to you and your ball is released. Once 1000 corpses have been accumulated - at any time during the game and by any player, that player gets the light show, a call out and a lit insert. Once HTC is completed, that player' corpses can not be stolen later in the game.

4) HTC (1000 Corpses) mode -
Currently each switch counts as one corpse and you can multiply the total collected by hitting the two x targets for a value of 1 x or 2 x total. This typically results in in 200 to 600 corpses being collected, almost never can 1000 be collected. Corpse count appears on screen at end of mode and you cannot recall it later.
Change multiplier rules so that after collecting 2x multiplier, one additional set of hits to the x targets requalifies them and another set of hits increases multipliers to 3x and 4x. This should allow player to reach 1000 corpses on one really good ball. Once HTC has been reached, it needs a damn nice light show, an obnoxious call out and for the HTC insert to be lit. Pressing flipper buttons during game should bring up game status and this includes showing corpse count. Current corpse count and multiplier to be shown while playing HTC.

5) Add Fuckin' Funny Clown Secret Jackpot - Capt Spaulding is the best character in all the RZ movies and he deserves his own jackpot.
Hitting a ball to the upper playfield during any multiball will activate the upper flipper. Hit the Spaulding gate once to open and another shot to sink ball in the Spaulding hole. This triggers flashers, a cool Spaulding quote and awards 3 million points. The reward must be big enough to tempt a player into trying the maneuver because the risk for losing the other balls in play is high. Every score could benefit from winning one or two FFCSJ's

.8) Update rule sheet -
Rules have grown and it is both important and useful to capture latest rules and scoring.

So not so much stuff but it refines things somewhat. Items #3-5 add new scoring opportunities. What do you think?

Oh hell yeah to these!!

1 week later
#9717 6 years ago

PSA: Don't drop your playfield onto the trough switches with the game on. It killed at least the IC4 chip on the main board. I'm throwing in the towel today and sending my board off to Spooky. Here's hoping that numbnuts move doesn't cost me four hundred bucks.

#9718 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

PSA: Don't drop your playfield onto the trough switches with the game on. It killed at least the IC4 chip on the main board. I'm throwing in the towel today and sending my board off to Spooky. Here's hoping that numbnuts move doesn't cost me four hundred bucks.

That sucks!

#9719 6 years ago

LDG installed and looking awesome! A previous post wanted to know if you had to choose between the LDG mod or the LCD Apron mod which would you have. I would choose the LDG. The Apron mod is very cool but not alot of interaction during game play yet. LDG looks like it belongs there from factory and the interaction is fantastic.
IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG
IMG_1368 (resized).JPGIMG_1368 (resized).JPG
IMG_1364 (resized).JPGIMG_1364 (resized).JPG
IMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPG

#9720 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

LDG installed and looking awesome! A previous post wanted to know if you had to choose between the LDG mod or the LCD Apron mod which would you have. I would choose the LDG. The Apron mod is very cool but not alot of interaction during game play yet. LDG looks like it belongs there from factory and the interaction is fantastic.

Awesome machine, and I appreciate the recommendation. The side-art with the mausoleums ties it in even further. I've been debating what to do with that "Zombie" stand from the McFarlane set. I have a mod in the works that will fill up that back section, so I won't be able to put it there (may have if I saw your use earlier), but it does help fill that area out (I was hoping to cut/mod mine and have it arching over one of the habit-trails if there's room [with LEDs added to the eyes]).

#9721 6 years ago

Are there any of these in the Austin, Dallas, or Houston areas to play? I can't find it anywhere.

#9722 6 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Are there any of these in the Austin, Dallas, or Houston areas to play? I can't find it anywhere.

Since only 300 were made and a good deal went to people's collections you are going to have a hard time finding these on location. I know of 1 place in New York and i've never seen it anywhere else. The map on pinside shows a few scattered around but not near you

#9723 6 years ago

This game NEEDS a Murder Ride Spinner!!! Fawzaa, can you write one into the code. Would be a GREAT addition for collecting 1000 switches.

#9724 6 years ago

Thought to post these here. This would be tremendous!

Rob Zombie Begins Shooting Devil's Rejects 2 This Spring?
https://movieweb.com/devils-rejects-2-production-start-date-rob-zombie/

[Rumor] Rob Zombie’s ‘The Devil’s Rejects’ Sequel to Shoot This March?
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3479495/rumor-rob-zombies-devils-rejects-sequel-shoot-march/

Rob Zombie may start filming sequel to The Devil's Rejects soon
http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/rob-zombie-may-start-filming-sequel-to-the-devil-s-rejects-soon-108

#9725 6 years ago

In the latest code. If I turn on adult time. How does one activate it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9726 6 years ago

sadly had to sell my game. still helping him trouble shoot some crappily timed issues. can someone please tell me or take a super close up clear pic of the EXACT switch for the vuk vertical upkick Left orbit switch. I remember it being very long and awkward. I see tons of long awkward bally williams switches on pinballlife.com and i want to be sure. thanks in advance!

#9727 6 years ago

Now with their own thread, I've opened up an order page for the Gas Station mods. This includes the 3D pumps and lighted awning.

Order page: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01466-rob-zombie-gas-station-pumps-and-led-awning-medisinyl-mods

Mod Thread (with some additional photos): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombie-3d-gas-station-pumps-and-awning-medisinyl-mods

20180121_104618 (resized).jpg20180121_104618 (resized).jpg
20180121_192149 (resized).jpg20180121_192149 (resized).jpg
20180123_094656 (resized).jpg20180123_094656 (resized).jpg
20180123_095625 (resized).jpg20180123_095625 (resized).jpg
20180123_124129 (resized).jpg20180123_124129 (resized).jpg
RZAce (resized).jpgRZAce (resized).jpg

#9728 6 years ago

This v22 bug when draining when ball save is almost up is driving me nuts. Hard to get more than two games without machine freezing and having to be restarted. I checked fawzma games site for the beta v23, and all I could find was v014. Where do I get the beta v23?

#9729 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

In the latest code. If I turn on adult time. How does one activate it?

Are you talking about the feature where you can boot into adult mode with a button combo, or are you talking about the setting that turns on adult mode after a certain time of day? As to the button combo, hold down left flipper and start button when turning on the machine.

#9730 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

This v22 bug when draining when ball save is almost up is driving me nuts. Hard to get more than two games without machine freezing and having to be restarted. I checked fawzma games site for the beta v23, and all I could find was v014. Where do I get the beta v23?

I’ve had plenty of games on V22 (had a
Competition on RZ last week too) and haven’t seen anything like this ....?

rd

#9731 6 years ago

I think you have an intermittent switch failure problem.

#9732 6 years ago
Quoted from fugus:

I think you have an intermittent switch failure problem.

Maybe .. but that wouldn’t explain the freezing.

I would download fresh code and update the machine again.

rd

#9733 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Are you talking about the feature where you can boot into adult mode with a button combo, or are you talking about the setting that turns on adult mode after a certain time of day? As to the button combo, hold down left flipper and start button when turning on the machine.

I was looking for the button combo that can be held down to enter adult mode. Of course it needs to be enabled in the menus.
Thanks

#9734 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I was looking for the button combo that can be held down to enter adult mode. Of course it needs to be enabled in the menus.
Thanks

"auto adult" needs to be turned on and adult sounds+video need to be disabled. Then the flipper code will work to put the game into adult mode.

#9735 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve had plenty of games on V22 (had a
Competition on RZ last week too) and haven’t seen anything like this ....?
rd

It's a known bug. See fawzma's post at 9660 last page and reports of it occuring maybe a page before that. When there's a drain just before a ball-save timer goes off, my machine goes dark, flipper power cuts off, a single ball is kicked out of shooter lane, and machine won't do anything else until rebooted. Someone said it was fixed in beta23 but I didn't get an answer as to whether v22 was updated with the fix. I'll try a fresh download of v22 like you say and see what happens. Thanks.

#9736 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

It's a known bug. See fawzma's post at 9660 last page and reports of it occuring maybe a page before that. When there's a drain just before a ball-save timer goes off, my machine goes dark, flipper power cuts off, a single ball is kicked out of shooter lane, and machine won't do anything else until rebooted. Someone said it was fixed in beta23 but I didn't get an answer as to whether v22 was updated with the fix. I'll try a fresh download of v22 like you say and see what happens. Thanks.

Mine does the same thing. I haven't tried reloading the code yet.

#9737 6 years ago

I’ll have to pay more attention to see if mine does that.

I’m guessing Fawzma is all over it already just swamped with the Alice reveal coming up. He’s been awfully quiet lately on the inter webs.

Once he’s able to catch his breath a bit I’m sure he will drop an update to fix some lingering issues and possibly get more time to further develop his apron mod. I’m holding out for awhile to see how that progresses.

#9738 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

same problem the game has been unplayable since update because of it.

#9739 6 years ago

Contact fawzma for beta v23. I had the same issue on v22 and after installing 23 everything is perfect.

#9740 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

same problem the game has been unplayable since update because of it.

Why not just turn off the ball save timer

#9741 6 years ago

I've been working through some switch issues and have all of them registering consistently now, but now that I have it back together I can't get a game started. When I push the start button, it just goes to the "loading..." screen and sits there. Tested all the fuses and they're good, re-flashed V22 also but no love. Of course the solenoid test menu still doesn't work. Any ideas where I should look next?

#9742 6 years ago

Email spooky tech support. Seriously there here to help.

#9743 6 years ago

Hi guys, I know there is a series of posts on fixing the airballs off the center target, if someone could be so kind as to direct me to them. My game didn't have this problem until I moved it recently to a different spot downstairs.

Now its doing this often and rather violently, airballs flying off the target all the way back to the shooter and then down into the cabinet. Hitting the glass a lot too. I have the flippers dialed down to minimum power.

#9744 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Hi guys, I know there is a series of posts on fixing the airballs off the center target, if someone could be so kind as to direct me to them. My game didn't have this problem until I moved it recently to a different spot downstairs.
Now its doing this often and rather violently, airballs flying off the target all the way back to the shooter and then down into the cabinet. Hitting the glass a lot too. I have the flippers dialed down to minimum power.

I bought these off an eBay seller, and perhaps they have something to do with my lack of airballs (I used to have airballs that hit the glass, but don't recall if they stopped on their own or it was after these were installed): ebay.com link: ROB ZOMBIES SPOOKSHOW INTERNATIONAL Pinball Target Cushioned Decals

Otherwise, I have a mod/fix available to deal with the issue of the ball falling into the cabinet (seems to be common). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01437-rob-zombie-ball-stop-mod-fix

#9745 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Fix you airballs on the #2 target by removing the foam and putting a post rubber behind, worked great for me!

post #7416 still working great for me.

#9746 6 years ago

Last night I had my best game of RZ ever completing 8 of the 10 modes. I needed red hot & house of 1k corpses to light hell bound.

What an intense and fun game this was. Mostly I just get my ass kicked but last night I was able to do a little ass kicking!

#9747 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

you can change the bumper pad to a post rubber or get a thicker pad for between the switches

I had this issue and got it to stop by playing with that stuff

#9748 6 years ago

Ball-save error fixed in v23 beta. Back in business! Had a drain as a chop ball-save timer was turned in off and no crash now.

15183147056584085551567947195454 (resized).jpg15183147056584085551567947195454 (resized).jpg

#9749 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Ball-save error fixed in v23 beta. Back in business! Had a drain as a chop ball-save timer was turned in off and no crash now.

Pop your top!

#9750 6 years ago

Is that callout supposed to be reduced or removed? I still hear it a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/195?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.