2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 223.
#9601 6 years ago

Someone video infected mode start for us..

#9602 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

With latest software release enabling infected mode, just figured it out and it is way cool.
Start a mode and complete it - congrats you get points and continue with same ball. In certain modes, shoot the lit shot to start a 2-ball multiball.
Start a mode and don't complete it - if you drain the ball you've lost it. If ball is still play (or if you timeout the mode by cradling a ball), you start infected mode.
Infected mode starts with playfield lights all red. A counter reads 0% and it counts up with time. Shoot stand up target with lit white insert, repeat two more times before timer reaches 100% and your health is safe and you continue with ball in play. Maybe each successive time you play infected it should require one more standup. Otherwise, you've lost the ball and that mode becomes infected. Menu will show infected symbol beside that mode next time you qualify a mode start. Unsure if player is locked out of replaying an infected mode in the same game, but there should be an option to set this to no.
You decide how to qualify infected 1) after each incomplete mode 2) after 1 incomplete mode or 3) never. Now we just need fawzmagames to add an option back for how to play infection mode - standard flippers, reverse flippers or 2-ball reverse flippers. There is already a ball save timer deployed and this could vary by option.

Thanks for the rundown. I forgot to mention the cool red lights flickering as if you were getting sick. It’s pretty....well um.... sick!

#9604 6 years ago

I'm still waiting on infected reverse flippers to be added back. I hope Spooky isn't dropping the ball on this one.

#9605 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

what exactly is it not doing? not counting correctly? not registering at all?
please elaborate a little

Not counting at all sometimes and then sometimes it's super delayed. I think I have a video somewhere.

#9606 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

what exactly is it not doing? not counting correctly? not registering at all?
please elaborate a little

Here is maybe not the best video but its a video. You see it jump from 0 coins to 4 coins after adding 1. I had already added coins before that and it was still on 0

#9607 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Here is maybe not the best video but its a video. You see it jump from 0 coins to 4 coins after adding 1. I had already added coins before that and it was still on 0
» YouTube video

If that link doesnt work use this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62e9d97xrc48272/IMG_0816.MOV?dl=0

#9608 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

» YouTube video

I have an update that fixes this. and a couple other bugs found.

#9609 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I have an update that fixes this. and a couple other bugs found.

awesome - i know its not just mine because i saw it on another machine so I was hoping it was already getting addressed

#9610 6 years ago

Hi, my name is Charlie, and I endorse this message.

Holy wow is this thing COOL! A bit of a tight squeeze but works and looks fantastic! Installation was pretty easy too.

We actually tried something similar on the proto, but flat ran out of time and had to get moving. Being 100% honest, this looks better than what we had anyway.

Great job Greg!

100_5562 (resized).JPG100_5562 (resized).JPG

100_5565 (resized).JPG100_5565 (resized).JPG

#9611 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Hi, my name is Charlie, and I endorse this message.
Holy wow is this thing COOL! A bit of a tight squeeze but works and looks fantastic! Installation was pretty easy too.
We actually tried something similar on the proto, but flat ran out of time and had to get moving. Being 100% honest, this looks better than what we had anyway.
Great job Greg!

Thanks a ton! It's incredibly rewarding to get designer approval I was pretty stoked just to get your order request....and I don't believe I've ever used the word stoked before, ha ha

I've had a few order requests since this first run, so I'll repeat here that ordering will open back up on Pinside on the 22nd with orders shipping in the first week of January or sooner if possible. For those that want to secure orders sooner, I'm willing to offer information through a PM.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01413-interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

#9612 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's incredibly rewarding to get designer approval

When I think of designers I think of Ritchie, Nordman, Gomez, and some other heroes... I'm just a dude doing the best he can (and still have a lot to prove in that regard). But thanks!

In my brain, this is more like what I wanted the game to have... sadly, we don't always get everything we want in the final product.

Pinball is hard! But this is one cool mod to say the least, so credit where due.

#9613 6 years ago

Aww crap, I'm in. Pulled my FS ad. Guess I'll keep her for a while. Order queued up, waiting to order..

#9614 6 years ago

Anyone have a "fix" to ball hangups in the trough?
I've turned up the coil strength to the max setting.
It's leveled left/right and have it at 6.9 degree pitch on the playfield.
One out of 10 games I have a ball hangup in there and I have to shake it to get it to settle back down in order to kick out.

#9615 6 years ago

Hey gang, just pulled my RZ out of the box two days ago. Still can't play a game, fuse blew for a coil right away, and the VUK can't get a ball up to the upper pf even at strength 10. I think I narrowed down the fuse issue, bad coil I believe..

The VUK issue looks tricky, I have moved it every way I can, it literally hits the bottom of the cage each try... I have had to pull the ball out with a magnet, it's never hit the upper PF, damn thing is unplayable until I can get this... anyone have any ideas, or have had this problem, I read for an hour and couldn't find similar... thx

#9616 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Hey gang, just pulled my RZ out of the box two days ago.

What game #???

Make sure you update the code before you do anything... and email me in the morning so I can get you some help.

#9617 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Hey gang, just pulled my RZ out of the box two days ago. Still can't play a game, fuse blew for a coil right away, and the VUK can't get a ball up to the upper pf even at strength 10. I think I narrowed down the fuse issue, bad coil I believe..
The VUK issue looks tricky, I have moved it every way I can, it literally hits the bottom of the cage each try... I have had to pull the ball out with a magnet, it's never hit the upper PF, damn thing is unplayable until I can get this... anyone have any ideas, or have had this problem, I read for an hour and couldn't find similar... thx

Not sure what to tell you to try, but write them here [email protected]
They’ll get back right away.

#9618 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I have not had an issue with the vuk but it seems as though it's an alignment issue . Bent mounting bracket ? Loose screw ? plunger not hitting center of ball , or sending it up at weird angle .
Did you update the game to the latest version before playing?

#9619 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Not sure what to tell you to try, but write them here [email protected]
They’ll get back right away.

I did that, they did reply yesterday and suggested to change coil power. That didn't help, I tried at 4, 4.5 5.5, 7, 8,9, and 10

I have updated to v22. My issues are not code issues, it's mechanical, I tried realigning the cage, loosened and tried to get one successful transfer but no go. It almost feels like the mech isn't centered but I'm searching there.. maybe it's the clear plastic ball rest? I tightened the hardware again. Just thought someone may have had the same issue.. I will reach out again to them..

Game is #53.

#9620 6 years ago

Bump. So someone helps.

#9621 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Bump. So someone helps.

What game #???
Make sure you update the code before you do anything... and email me in the morning so I can get you some help.

#9622 6 years ago

ZEN Another thing you'll want to do right away is open switch test menu and make sure none of your switches are stuck on. It won't solve your wireform alignment issue but it may help you out elsewhere.

#9623 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I did that, they did reply yesterday and suggested to change coil power. That didn't help, I tried at 4, 4.5 5.5, 7, 8,9, and 10
I have updated to v22. My issues are not code issues, it's mechanical, I tried realigning the cage, loosened and tried to get one successful transfer but no go. It almost feels like the mech isn't centered but I'm searching there.. maybe it's the clear plastic ball rest? I tightened the hardware again. Just thought someone may have had the same issue.. I will reach out again to them..
Game is #53.

Got it. I'm sure you've done this, but I would look at what the ball does as its being shot up to the upper play field. If you have, and it's just not making it up but everything looks right, It might might be a bad coil not getting full power. Only thing I can think of, or perhaps the ball isn't sitting right on the coil piece before its launched.

It's one of those issues that sucks to have, I know, because its a one off issue. Hopefully we or spooky can get you going.

#9624 6 years ago

Yea, thanks guys, Charlie shot me a note today. I took a slo mo video of it, the ball is shooting way left, I have adjusted everything , wire form, the mech itself, the switch and nothing is working. Unfortunately I may have to find a different way to get the plunger centered in the hole better..

its a bummer spandol however Spooky has great response times. The new in box experience is out.. 4 days and cant play a game but the game left Benton in working order so it's just a quirk I suppose. Ill try to post the video here and a fix if I can get it, for posterity..

#9625 6 years ago

Quick update: Zen had a pinball party tonight and we put our brains together and got game #53 up and running for everyone to enjoy. We can post later about the fix....... some big shot movie producer is hammering on it now

20171220_204120 (resized).jpg20171220_204120 (resized).jpg

#9626 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Quick update: Zen had a pinball party tonight and we put our brains together and got game #53 up and running for everyone to enjoy. We can post later about the fix....... some big shot movie producer is hammering on it now

Awesome, good to hear!

#9627 6 years ago

With the latest code (22) how do you increase the bonus multiplier? When I hit the number 1 target it says hit x more times to get boombox score?

#9628 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

some big shot movie producer is hammering on it now

I swear I've seen that guy somewhere before.

Thanks for the patience, and I hope we were of some help anyway!

#9629 6 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

With the latest code (22) how do you increase the bonus multiplier? When I hit the number 1 target it says hit x more times to get boombox score?

Once you complete Boombox Blast which I believe is like 4 hits it will then start to increase bonus multiplier with each hit

#9630 6 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Anyone have a "fix" to ball hangups in the trough?
I've turned up the coil strength to the max setting.
It's leveled left/right and have it at 6.9 degree pitch on the playfield.
One out of 10 games I have a ball hangup in there and I have to shake it to get it to settle back down in order to kick out.

This is an ongoing issue for me, as well. Shaking won’t clear the hang up for me. I have to open the coin door and manually activate the ball loader plunger. It may be coincidence, but I never had the issue prior to v21. It persists in v22.

#9631 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

This is an ongoing issue for me, as well. Shaking won’t clear the hang up for me. I have to open the coin door and manually activate the ball loader plunger. It may be coincidence, but I never had the issue prior to v21. It persists in v22.

This has become a huge issue for me as well. I have it WAY more often than 1 in 10 games. I would say at least one ball to the plunger per game. I've had this totally screw me out of a multiball countless times because the game thinks it served the ball, but they're just stacked in the plunger. This used to be a minor issue and has certainly gotten worse recently.

At the very least, couldn't there be a check that the shooter lane switch gets tripped right after a ball was supposed to be served? The core issue still needs to be figured out and resolved, but at least this way the game would know whether the ball made it there or not and could kick the plunger again.

#9632 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

couldn't there be a check that the shooter lane switch gets tripped right after a ball was supposed to be served?

I believe that's actually how Fawzma handles it... but it's not flawless. The new trough with a stack opto (started with Jetsons) is the right solution and I wish we had it in RZ, just wasn't an option.

I'll have Fawzma go over this in code... not sure he made any changes to the trough in the latest rev, but can't hurt to check. Just not seeing this on either game in the shop or our route game but obviously something is going on.

#9633 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This has become a huge issue for me as well.

Here's something simple to check that Fawzma reminded me of...

Somewhere in the Rob Zombie run, Jameco added a voltage adjust to that 48v supply (small white phillips plastic screw knob)... we didn't notice it until we had a game playing a bit "soft" (for lack of a better term) which was driving us crazy. When we put the meter on the 48v supply, we noticed it was low on power... and there was an adjustment knob where none had existed before.

Check your game, and if needed you can turn that up a bit... .5 to 1 volt makes a HUGE power difference.

Just be careful, and you may need to turn down other coils in the menu to compensate. Entirely possible this could be the cause of a weak trough kick seen in a few games.

#9634 6 years ago

I believe that's actually how Fawzma handles it... but it's not flawless. The new trough with a stack opto (started with Jetsons) is the right solution and I wish we had it in RZ, just wasn't an option.
I'll have Fawzma go over this in code... not sure he made any changes to the trough in the latest rev, but can't hurt to check. Just not seeing this on either game in the shop or our route game but obviously something is going on.

Would it be possible to retrofit the new opto, if the software supports it?

#9635 6 years ago

I haven’t been in this thread for a bit so I apologize if this has been covered. Has there been an update to the apron mod? And how does one acquire and apply?

#9636 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I haven’t been in this thread for a bit so I apologize if this has been covered. Has there been an update to the apron mod? And how does one acquire and apply?

There hasn’t been a separate update for the mod. If you downloaded v22, you have the latest for the mod. If there’s an update for it in the future, it will be updated just like the game. If you use Facebook, like Fawzma games page. You’ll usually find the latest updates there.

#9637 6 years ago

Thanks. Just updating tonight for the holiday week.

#9638 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks. Just updating tonight for the holiday week.

The new code has some great new stuff and polishes what was there. Enjoy it!

#9639 6 years ago

Since I don’t want to spend so much more money, I’m only buying one.

Apron mod or Living Dead Girl mod?

Which do you guys prefer, hopefully hearing from those who have them or seen them in person.
Thanks.

#9640 6 years ago

My two cents. I love moding out my games. I would have to say visual wise the Living dead Girl mod gives you a very cool upgrade from the original plastic in front of her. It adds a light show and for the $ if you have to pick one its the Living Dead Girl Mod.

Although I have to say that the Apron mod is very cool idea and a great way to offer a way to keep track of things while playing. Your eyes are usually on the lower playfield. This allows you to see the progression of modes and shots during game play without looking up to the screen in the backbox.

magicchiz

#9641 6 years ago

The living dead girl mod does add a cool factor for visuals. I’m waiting to see what Fawzma has in store for the apron mod. I think he has a lot planned for it just needs the time to work on it. I’ll be holding off on both to see where the apron mod goes and just focus on stacking funds for my next machine.

#9642 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Since I don’t want to spend so much more money, I’m only buying one.
Apron mod or Living Dead Girl mod?
Which do you guys prefer, hopefully hearing from those who have them or seen them in person.
Thanks.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

My two cents. I love moding out my games. I would have to say visual wise the Living dead Girl mod gives you a very cool upgrade from the original plastic in front of her. It adds a light show and for the $ if you have to pick one its the Living Dead Girl Mod.
Although I have to say that the Apron mod is very cool idea and a great way to offer a way to keep track of things while playing. Your eyes are usually on the lower playfield. This allows you to see the progression of modes and shots during game play without looking up to the screen in the backbox.
magicchiz

Quoted from davijc02:

The living dead girl mod does add a cool factor for visuals. I’m waiting to see what Fawzma has in store for the apron mod. I think he has a lot planned for it just needs the time to work on it. I’ll be holding off on both to see where the apron mod goes and just focus on stacking funds for my next machine.

I have the apron mod installed, and got the LDG mod sitting here to be installed this weekend. As of now, if you're only picking one, I would say LDG 100%.

I hate to say this, but as it stands, the apron mod is quite underwhelming. I really HOPE there is more planned for it, because as it is now, there's no meaningful information on it that isn't on the DMD in the new software. It's not a cheap mod by any means. I think there is a lot of potential, but current price for current functionality just isn't worth it. While this probably sounds like a dig, it's more of a compliment to the continued development of the main game's display. I just hope as a customer of this mod, that the mod development continues to keep it differentiated from what is being added to the core game screen.

#9643 6 years ago

I think the apron mod is neat but you’re right at current state isn’t necessary. If/when more is coded to it that would add to the game I’ll consider it.

I’m gonna hold off the LDG mod for awhile as well only because I’m on a good pace of saving up for another machine. It’s cool as hell and I want it but dropping another $200 on RZ isn’t going to help in growing my collection any.

#9644 6 years ago

Is the LCD display on the apron mod in color? For awhile it was b/w and there was a reason for it.

#9645 6 years ago

No it is full color.
magicchiz

#9646 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

magicchiz

Quoted from Cheeks:

I have the apron mod installed, and got the LDG mod sitting here to be installed this weekend. As of now, if you're only picking one, I would say LDG 100%.
I hate to say this, but as it stands, the apron mod is quite underwhelming. I really HOPE there is more planned for it, because as it is now, there's no meaningful information on it that isn't on the DMD in the new software. It's not a cheap mod by any means. I think there is a lot of potential, but current price for current functionality just isn't worth it. While this probably sounds like a dig, it's more of a compliment to the continued development of the main game's display. I just hope as a customer of this mod, that the mod development continues to keep it differentiated from what is being added to the core game screen.

Quoted from davijc02:

I think the apron mod is neat but you’re right at current state isn’t necessary. If/when more is coded to it that would add to the game I’ll consider it.
I’m gonna hold off the LDG mod for awhile as well only because I’m on a good pace of saving up for another machine. It’s cool as hell and I want it but dropping another $200 on RZ isn’t going to help in growing my collection any.

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards LDG and i think that's the clear choice as of now. Plus it's less expensive, which is good.

#9647 6 years ago

I see the thoughts on the apron mod. But my two cents. The LDG is awesome looking but like many toys doesn’t help your gameplay. So the apron mod does still locate information where you are looking and helps with modes. So I’m in the apron mod side.

#9648 6 years ago

Just upgraded to v22 from v19. Wow, what a difference! Also added led ocd and pinball refinery light kit. Both look great! Clean and wax while I had it open. Playing like a whole new machine. Ran through switch tests and found out my gas switch on upper playfield is bad. Anyone have a link for a replacement?

#9649 6 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Just upgraded to v22 from v19. Wow, what a difference! Also added led ocd and pinball refinery light kit. Both look great! Clean and wax while I had it open. Playing like a whole new machine. Ran through switch tests and found out my gas switch on upper playfield is bad. Anyone have a link for a replacement?

Not sure off hand if the gas switch is LH or RH

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4347

#9650 6 years ago

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that is seeing issues with the trough. I was 100% certain it was code related, as I didn't have any issues like that just minutes before the last code update.

No matter how good the new code is, the truth is I can't play the game this way, it's 100% ruined just as Cheeks has said. So often the ball thinks its dead and the flippers go dead, when there's no reason for it. Then other times the ball gets stuck in the trough, and shaking it wildly seems to get it unstuck, but by then you've ruined the flow, and likely tilted

Thanks Charlie for looking into this, as none of my pinball friends want to play it until it's fixed, and being impatient, I put it up for sale.

-S

Quoted from Cheeks:

This has become a huge issue for me as well. I have it WAY more often than 1 in 10 games. I would say at least one ball to the plunger per game. I've had this totally screw me out of a multiball countless times because the game thinks it served the ball, but they're just stacked in the plunger. This used to be a minor issue and has certainly gotten worse recently.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/193?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.