2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 223.
#9551 6 years ago

Another avenue might be that this could be a side project for Fawzma & David Van Es similar to Fawzmas apron mod. This route may take awhile but could Be possible if both those guys are willing.

I understand that at some point the game needs to be called complete so attention can be given to the other Spooky titles and development of future machines but it just feels like we are leaving something on the table with not fully utilizing the display to its max capability.

#9552 6 years ago

I totally get the desire for higher resolution, but I also have to say that I really love the homage to classic 8-bit graphics that they loaded up this game with. It takes me right back to my Commodore 64 days every time and personally, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Now let me get my apron mod installed, that could very well change my perspective on the matter...

#9553 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I totally get the desire for higher resolution, but I also have to say that I really love the homage to classic 8-bit graphics that they loaded up this game with. It takes me right back to my Commodore 64 days every time and personally, I wouldn't want it any other way.
Now let me get my apron mod installed, that could very well change my perspective on the matter...

I thought that way for awhile myself. I then came to the conclusion that if I wanted the 8-bit experience I would just fire up an old console I have stashed in a closet. Some will want it some won't and that's totally fine. I just hope it is an option.

#9554 6 years ago

I doubt it will ever happen but you can always ask. Just don't be disappointed with the response

The next Pinheck board (I believe starting with AC) will support twice the resolution @ 128x64. Not sure if that's high enough definition for you?

#9555 6 years ago

Well I am fighting the upper playfield issue with the screw next to the ramp switch and having the grounding issue. I have taped it off. Although I am wondering my upper playfield sits low on that end with the ramp sitting kind of on top of the playfield. Anyone know if this is correct. I can raise the upper playfield on top of the metal ramp and it kinda sits ontop of it and makes the upper playfield more level. it does not appear that there is any bracket on that side next to the ramp. Can anyone tell me in what position yours is in? Also if you have done anything special with that switch.
magicchiz

#9556 6 years ago

Running v22 and I caught a small issue where I drained just as dragula multiball was starting. I got the call out for multiball, a ball plunged and then I was in single ball multiball for maybe 2 seconds before normal play resumed.

Also, it might be in my head, but I feel like I'm not getting enough balls back if I have a could of quick drains with ball save on. Tends to feel that way in h1kc, but it's hard to keep track with all the chaos.

#9557 6 years ago

I have someone testing an update related to saves at the last moment it runs out.

Quoted from rask4p:

Running v22 and I caught a small issue where I drained just as dragula multiball was starting. I got the call out for multiball, a ball plunged and then I was in single ball multiball for maybe 2 seconds before normal play resumed.
Also, it might be in my head, but I feel like I'm not getting enough balls back if I have a could of quick drains with ball save on. Tends to feel that way in h1kc, but it's hard to keep track with all the chaos.

#9559 6 years ago

I have my game set to five ball just completed 5 modes within the first 3 balls. My best achievement in this game yet and still so far away from hellbound. This game is evil as hell!

#9560 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Re the video, I have been confirming a few rules with Fawz today before I taped anything. Hopefully I can do it next Friday

I want to apologise, I’m off to the USA again this week and didn’t have time to shoot the video over the weekend. Too many jobs to do before I leave ...

I’ll get it done when I get back after INDISC. Promise.

rd

#9561 6 years ago

It'll likely get it's own thread soon with video, etc., but this is a peek at the mod I've been designing over the last few weeks for RZ. Living Dead Girl Mausoleum--tint/mirror when off/inactive and an infinity mirror lightshow when she's hit/moans or flashing during LDG mode (triggered by the factory lights it replaces). With pink the color fades out to red on hits/flashes. Hard to photograph accurately with the mirror tint and LEDs. I really wanted the LDG to pop and be noticed when hit and give more life to the mode--I could hardly notice the LDG lightshow with the stock panel and lights.

RZ111 (resized).jpgRZ111 (resized).jpg
20171210_111402 (resized).jpg20171210_111402 (resized).jpg
20171207_181606 (resized).jpg20171207_181606 (resized).jpg
20171208_174421 (resized).jpg20171208_174421 (resized).jpg
20171210_111414 (resized).jpg20171210_111414 (resized).jpg

#9562 6 years ago

Wow, that looks crazy. Definitely interested.

#9564 6 years ago

I like it! Any eta for production?

#9565 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It'll likely get it's own thread soon with video, etc., but this is a peek at the mod I've been designing over the last few weeks for RZ. Living Dead Girl Mausoleum--tint/mirror when off/inactive and an infinity mirror lightshow when she's hit/moans or flashing during LDG mode (triggered by the factory lights it replaces). With pink the color fades out to red on hits/flashes. Hard to photograph accurately with the mirror tint and LEDs. I really wanted the LDG to pop and be noticed when hit and give more life to the mode--I could hardly notice the LDG lightshow with the stock panel and lights.

Badass!!!! I’m in.

#9566 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I like it! Any eta for production?

I'll get more photos and details/video up by tonight or tomorrow and open up sales around that time. I have parts ready in advance to build a couple of these, so some could feasibly go out this week if there is interest (however, after this weekend there will be a delay in all of my mods until after Christmas). There's a lot that goes into this mod (on top of the 24+ hour print with all the parts per mod--by far my largest print of any sort to date). Easy to install though (I created clips to replace the factory nuts so no fiddling with a screwdriver/wrench in the tighter space). Planning to list it at $199+$6.66 shipping.

#9567 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

$6.66 shipping.

I see what you did there

#9568 6 years ago

Looks good, add me to your wtb list.

#9569 6 years ago

Wow! You’re an asshole with that mod! I’m literally never going to save for my next pin with all the cool stuff people are making for this game!

Nice work!

#9571 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

SUPER DOPE! I'm definitely in.

#9572 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

You just made the "living Dead Girl" look alive! GREAT job.

#9574 6 years ago

Uploaded a clip (I can never get these lighted mods to look as cool in video as they do in person ). Going to get this up in the shop soon.

#9575 6 years ago

I'll get some more information and photos in a thread soon. For now, the sale page is live for those that want to get their order in: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01413-interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

Again, I will be limited on how many I can produce this week (sounds like I may have more interest than I can ship this week), but I will get right back to whatever I can't ship after Christmas. Any customers that order this week and don't get a mod shipped this week will be notified with a refund possibility if you'd prefer to step out of line.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9576 6 years ago

I watched your new mod until the boobs started on the DMD and then I watched that.

#9577 6 years ago

That's an ESSENTIAL mod (dammit) Someone buy my RZ before I go and sink another $205.66 in it.

#9578 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

That's an ESSENTIAL mod (dammit) Someone buy my RZ before I go and sink another $205.66 in it.

Some hilarious reactions in here :p I've started a mod thread and will update there. Feel free to ask any questions there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

#9579 6 years ago

This mod is really cool! Tough to think about spending another $205 on this then potentially another $330 for Fawzmas apron mod if he adds more cool stuff to that.

In the end im sure my “new Pin” fund will be $550 dollars less due to you assholes creating cool mods for RZ!

I really want to add Walking Dead to my collection one day damnit lol!

Please continue to make cool mods for this game because they continuously get better each time!

#9580 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This mod is really cool! Tough to think about spending another $205 on this then potentially another $330 for Fawzmas apron mod if he adds more cool stuff to that.
In the end im sure my “new Pin” fund will be $550 dollars less due to you assholes creating cool mods for RZ!
I really want to add Walking Dead to my collection one day damnit lol!
Please continue to make cool mods for this game because they continuously get better each time!

I've been telling myself to design a simpler, cheaper mod (make my mods available to more people), yet I just had to get a wild hair and make my most ambitious mod yet for the most obscure machine

EDIT: I'm hoping for something more added to the Apron mod as well (though it's still a neat add-on as it stands). It felt essential before the DMD/code improved to show information on the DMD that was integrated better on the Apron mod early on, but now I have less reason to notice it.

I did notice that during H1kC mode on V22, the Apron mod stopped tracking until the mode was over. I'll have to pay attention next time I start it to see if it does it again.

Though I do have one friend that prefers RZ over any other just because of the Apron mod (He has some vision issues and looking down 100% helps).

And yeah, TWD is worth owning for sure. Somehow it took a couple months to really take hold, but it would be hard to part with now (going on about 2 years).

#9581 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've been telling myself to design a simpler, cheaper mod (make my mods available to more people), yet I just had to get a wild hair and make my most ambitious mod yet for the most obscure machine

If you’re going to do something may as well make it the best you can. This thing is badass!

#9582 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

since the update my game is blowing the left flipper fuse after a play or two . it also likes to blow the upper vuk fuse a lot like once a week { this was before the update } i have the game out for public use . does anyone else have one of theses on route ?? just wondering if its too much for this game to be out in public

i just updated to v22 and my VUK, Right Pop, Knocker, etc. are no longer working.
I'm assuming it's a fuse. What fuse is it? They all look okay and I can't find a fuse chart.
Thanks.

EDIT: I think it's F1. I just noticed a small line on the Wire to Board Chart. I'll test it.

#9583 6 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

i just updated to v22 and my VUK, Right Pop, Knocker, etc. are no longer working.
I'm assuming it's a fuse. What fuse is it? They all look okay and I can't find a fuse chart.
Thanks.
EDIT: I think it's F1. I just noticed a small line on the Wire to Board Chart. I'll test it.

Here's the wiring chart with the fuses listed - http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/RZ-WIRE-TO-BOARD.pdf

#9584 6 years ago

Do you have a multimeter? Set it on continuity test to check for a short. Sometimes they look fine but they are open. Takes the guess work out of it.

#9585 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Do you have a multimeter? Set it on continuity test to check for a short. Sometimes they look fine but they are open but their not. Takes the guess work out of it.

What hAbO said. They may look perfectly fine, but if you can test with a multimeter for continuity, go through each and every fuse.

#9586 6 years ago
Quoted from sjf2112:

Thanks.

When my VUK went out (last year now), it was the switch under the mini playfield right above the murder ride shot (contacts smacked together--pulling them apart brought everything back to life [I placed something to keep them from contacting again, but don't recall exactly what now]). Worth looking at if you're still troubleshooting (at the right angle with a bright flashlight, you may be able to see if it's the case without even lifting the upper playfield).

#9587 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

What hAbO said. They may look perfectly fine, but if you can test with a multimeter for continuity, go through each and every fuse.

And also, remove the fuse (at least one end) before testing it with a meter.

Otherwise, there could be a circuit around the fuse that will show a blown fuse as good.

rd

#9588 6 years ago

Everyone that ordered a Mausoleum mod before the cut-off will receive tracking numbers within the next few hours. Got them all completed and tested. The ordering option will open up again next week with the next run shipping the first week of January (would aim for sooner if I'm able).

I posted this pic in the mod thread during the night when taking progress shots...got creative with mirror placement Seems relevant enough to this thread

EDIT: All packages shipped and orders updated with tracking info

Spooky (resized).jpgSpooky (resized).jpg

#9589 6 years ago

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but since the last update the coin counter and credit counter has not worked properly. I have noticed this on two machines.

#9590 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but since the last update, the coin counter and credit counter has not worked properly. I have noticed this on two machines.

what exactly is it not doing? not counting correctly? not registering at all?

please elaborate a little

#9591 6 years ago

Anyone having problems with infection modes not working? I've tried all settings in the menu and the infection symbol appears beside a failed mode on your next mode start attempt, but the game never diverts into infection mode following a ball drain.

#9592 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anyone having problems with infection modes not working? I've tried all settings in the menu and the infection symbol appears beside a failed mode on your next mode start attempt, but the game never diverts into infection mode following a ball drain.

If I understand correctly, the Infected mode only works when you fail the mode, not drain in the middle. If you drain, the next ball launches normally. The Infected symbol will appear on the mode select screen, however.

#9593 6 years ago

I have yet to experience infected mode. Have set on. What am I missing?

#9594 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If I understand correctly, the Infected mode only works when you fail the mode, not drain in the middle. If you drain, the next ball launches normally. The Infected symbol will appear on the mode select screen, however.

That makes sense, I usually drain before the mode ends so will need to play better. Sadly I set mine to occur after every failed mode, and because I usually lose the ball, rarely even start infection.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have yet to experience infected mode. Have set on. What am I missing?

Once started, the screen shows you are x% infected. The percentage increases with time, but I'm not sure what your goal is, nor what happens if you win or lose.

#9595 6 years ago

That makes sense, I usually drain before the mode ends so will need to play better. Sadly I set mine to occur after every failed mode, and because I usually lose the ball, rarely even start infection.

Once started, the screen shows you are x% infected. The percentage increases with time, but I'm not sure what your goal is, nor what happens if you win or lose.

If you make a certain number of shots, you go back to normal play. I assumed if you don’t by the time you reach 100% infected, you lose your ball, but I haven’t checked yet.

#9596 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If you make a certain number of shots, you go back to normal play. I assumed if you don’t by the time you reach 100% infected, you lose your ball, but I haven’t checked yet.

With latest software release enabling infected mode, just figured it out and it is way cool.

Start a mode and complete it - congrats you get points and continue with same ball. In certain modes, shoot the lit shot to start a 2-ball multiball.

Start a mode and don't complete it - if you drain the ball you've lost it. If ball is still play (or if you timeout the mode by cradling a ball), you start infected mode.

Infected mode starts with playfield lights all red. A counter reads 0% and it counts up with time. Shoot stand up target with lit white insert, repeat two more times before timer reaches 100% and your health is safe and you continue with ball in play. Maybe each successive time you play infected it should require one more standup. Otherwise, you've lost the ball and that mode becomes infected. Menu will show infected symbol beside that mode next time you qualify a mode start. Unsure if player is locked out of replaying an infected mode in the same game, but there should be an option to set this to no.

You decide how to qualify infected 1) after each incomplete mode 2) after 1 incomplete mode or 3) never. Now we just need FawzmaGames to add an option back for how to play infection mode - standard flippers, reverse flippers or 2-ball reverse flippers. There is already a ball save timer deployed and this could vary by option.

#9597 6 years ago

Pinball Browser is now compatible with RZO : More informations here

#9598 6 years ago

With latest software release enabling infected mode, just figured it out and it is way cool.

I leave "infected" off in my game... it's hard enough! Lol.

Sad part is it was my idea to screw with players on one mode. Then Fawzma ran with it and made it even more evil.

#9599 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Pinball Browser is now compatible with RZO : More informations here

What??? Whoa!!

Game changer! Iron Head, Welcome to Planet Motherfucker, Scum of the Earth, etc. Thanks for the work on this!

#9600 6 years ago

You decide how to qualify infected 1) after each incomplete mode 2) after 1 incomplete mode or 3) never.

Wait, are you saying there is an option to get infected after a SECOND fail of a mode? That was suggested here by many people, but when I looked it only had choices for EVERY fail or failing a REPEATED mode. I've always wished it would start after failing a mode on the second try.

Infected after a repeat will literally never been seen by me and most others (why would you repeat a completed mode when the game is already this hard). And after every fail is too hard. After second fail seems to be a nice balance, so hopefully it's in there and somehow I missed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 210.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/192?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.