IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 223.
#9401 6 years ago

I'm still on v20 myself. Mostly because I don't want my scores cleared out yet. Anyone know a way to port them between versions?

#9402 6 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

I'm still on v20 myself. Mostly because I don't want my scores cleared out yet. Anyone know a way to port them between versions?

I don't think you can save them. Just upgrade and enjoy the bug fixes and new content as it comes.

#9403 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I don't think you can save them. Just upgrade and enjoy the bug fixes and new content as it comes.

Yes, you must! They've added so much more stuff it's totally worth it.

#9404 6 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

Don't worry about scores. Just enjoy these awesome updates and a chance to set a new high score.

#9405 6 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

Saving the score really doesn't make much sense because when the game gets updated it's literally an entirely new game with different scoring. So the score you had on v20 really has little to do with the score on v21 and beyond. Get an app like pindingo on your phone and you can save your score there.

#9406 6 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

I won’t repeat what others have said but going from v20 to v22 when released is big difference. I’ve added several new ways to score some big points.

Plus you get the benefit of bugs being fixed.

#9407 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I won’t repeat what others have said but going from v20 to v22 when released is big difference. I’ve added several new ways to score some big points.
Plus you get the benefit of bugs being fixed.

Yea, there's lots more shit to do in .22, scoring is more balanced.. lots of tweaks and small fixes. Absolutely no reason to hold off upgrading.

#9408 6 years ago

Ok, ok, I updated to 21 tonight. I've only gotten my initials on the thing once (in 4th place), that's why I wanted to save the scores. Yes, I'm still not good... At least my wife hasn't made the list at all.

#9409 6 years ago

This is whats coming for V22

RZ UPDATE V22
Added - Flipper power is now controllable
Added - New Mega Corpse mode. Every 250 corpse collected goes into Mega Corpse Mode
- Mega starts at 250, 500, 750, and 1000
- Value collected at 1000 is proporsional to the amount of balls you have left on the field
- Hit drop target 1+n times to claim displayed amount, within the amount of time given
Added - Instant Info is now available. Hold left or right flipper for 8 seconds to engage
- Use other flipper to scroll through the data
Added - Left/Right orbit switches now do a rapid flash on their respective flasher to indicate ball location
Added - New node. Cycle between the Radio target, robot and chicken bucket. Completing one moves to the next. Gets progressily harder to collect
- Boombox Blast
- Robot Rumble
- Chicken Bucket Bash
Added - Dirty Pool changed to show progress and a score value as well as a new graphic
Update - Infected mode has a new option.
- Off
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode you already beat
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode at any time
Update - Attract video handling method changed to help get rid of overlapped text
Update - Super beast would not end properly on apron mod
Update - Lane kickoff only happens when load routine has finished
Update - Dragula timer was resetting back to 20 seconds. Base start time starts at 15 seconds instead of 13
Update - Superbeast center ramp strobes instead of pulses arrow for urgency
Update - Removed hard-coded ball count of 6, now accounts for missing balls
Update - Removed screen setting reset on version change
Update - Attract video timings changed to avoid chance of video being missed being played
Update - Card collecting removed while in infected mode
Update - Lowered killer card video priority to allow JP animations to play out
Update - Hellbound - Added extra info to show how satan bash were reduces due to robots built
Fixed - Buffer overflow was causing the MB variable to change, causing unintended MB's
Fixed - 1000 corpse multiplier targets were not giving points
Fixed - Backglass lighting increased to 100%
Fixed - High Rez dot setting was not saving properly
Fixed - What mode ending did not reset apron mod mode status.
Fixed - Ball/player/number of players was resetting back to 1 when Hellbound finished
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in SuperBeast giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in Deadcity part 1, giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG lights would blink while in American Witch, giving a false impression those targets are needed
Fixed - LDG Jackpot/SJP award messages would be missing the value
Fixed - Killer card collecting is back to being collectible during any mode. Murder ride hurryup will only activate when not in a selected mode
Fixed - Card Member EOB X and the bonus amount overlapped
Fixed - American Witch, beating mode would play the wrong MB void clip
Fixed - Random chance not all numbers were clearing when skillshot clip was playing
Fixed - Leftover flashing numbers would show up in Goober mods
Fixed - Drop target would not reset at the end of Goober
Fixed - Robots built clip did not show the amount on screen
Fixed - Robots assembly clip was missing for the 60% mark
Fixed - Spaulding (get to the murder ride...) voice timer was't being killed at the end of a ball. This was a global timer and not player specific, so it could lead to confusion.
Fixed - 1000 Corpse mode light would blink at the wrong time. Due to old code trying to stack LDG
Fixed - 1000 Corpse mode count might not show the total orpse colelcted at the end of mode
Fixed - Several mode end detection routines were set to look for a specific value
Fixed - Superpop value would not show while in a main mode

#9410 6 years ago

still running 19, gonna get the 22. sounds awesome.

#9411 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

still running 19, gonna get the 22. sounds awesome.

Bro you in the stone ages. Update immediately

#9412 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Bro you in the stone ages. Update immediately

Lol...I updated from v15 today.

When are we getting the reverse flipper infected mode back?

#9413 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Update - Infected mode has a new option.
- Off
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode you already beat
- Activated when you fail a selectable mode at any time

What does the 3rd option mean, you get infected if you fail a mode even the first time? I think a lot of people (myself included) were hoping it would kick in if you failed a mode you had already failed.

If it's after any fail I'll have to try it, but it seems like we'll be getting a lot of reversed flippers. Seems like it will be too much, but at least we know we'll get to see it.

#9414 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What does the 3rd option mean, you get infected if you fail a mode even the first time? I think a lot of people (myself included) were hoping it would kick in if you failed a mode you had already failed.
If it's after any fail I'll have to try it, but it seems like we'll be getting a lot of reversed flippers. Seems like it will be too much, but at least we know we'll get to see it.

If you want your game to be a real ass kicker set it to that option.

#9415 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

From what I recall, with reverse flippers running, Infected is a multiball with time save and there is a target on playfield to hit, which will switch flippers back to normal during the multiball. What would be interesting to see is if that target reverses flippers again.

#9416 6 years ago

I agree with Cheeks that getting infected on the second round of failing a mode is the way to go, infected after the first attempt is too hard. Infected after failing a already completed mode seems like you’d never see because most don’t redo modes completed anyway.

The more adjustments the better, that way you can set it the way you like. I feel that’s one big thing this game is missing, user adjustments in settings. Newer Sterns have a million adjustments to cater to your skill level to make it fun for all skill sets. Not that it needs as many as that but a few more would be welcomed.

#9417 6 years ago

Any idea when we will see the official v22 release? Is the current beta GM, or should we expect further tweaks?

#9418 6 years ago

More usernames adjustments sound awesome. Can 10 ball be an option? I’m gonna need that if I ever want to get to hellbound

#9419 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

More usernames adjustments sound awesome. Can 10 ball be an option? I’m gonna need that if I ever want to get to hellbound

Ha, how about a buy in option. Then when you just want to keep playing you can keep buying in. I'm with you though, never gonna see hellbound unless I take the glass off

#9420 6 years ago

Thanks Tim, outstanding add-on mods.
IMG_1223 (resized).JPGIMG_1223 (resized).JPG
IMG_1218 (resized).JPGIMG_1218 (resized).JPG

#9421 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

hey mate, I can see you have an extra rubber around the bottom of the post on the top play field were the gas bowser is.... is this your custom thought or is this from factory as mine doesn't have a rubber there

#9422 6 years ago
Quoted from NEOZATZY:

hey mate, I can see you have an extra rubber around the bottom of the post on the top play field were the gas bowser is.... is this your custom thought or is this from factory as mine doesn't have a rubber there

I added this to make up for my lack of Pinball skills. Didn't help too much.

#9423 6 years ago

Any word on V22 release date? Is the beta floating around?

#9424 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Any word on V22 release date? Is the beta floating around?

Spooky finished up testing and I have a few things to change before release, nothing major. It's looking like a V22 release in time for the holidays.

#9425 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Glad you like them! Nice pics!

#9426 6 years ago

Is there a way to "flash" these machines and start fresh with v22? One of the machines I help someone with is kind of funky because i think they didn't follow the update instructions on v20 and the machines been a bit glitchy since. Is there a way to "start fresh" with the next update?

#9427 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Is there a way to "flash" these machines and start fresh with v22? One of the machines I help someone with is kind of funky because i think they didn't follow the update instructions on v20 and the machines been a bit glitchy since. Is there a way to "start fresh" with the next update?

What kind of glitches are you seeing? I think just a standard update would do a "reset." You can reflash the same version correctly or just wait until V22 drops and try again.

#9428 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Factory reset?

#9429 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

every time you do an update it is mandatory that you format the SD card, so this would essentially do a factory reset for you.

#9430 6 years ago

Well, I had to get the soldering station out for the first time on my RZ. I noticed that the right (chicken bucket) pop was registering points but not firing. Sure enough, one of the wires had broken free of the coil. I was surprised to see that a wire on the lower right sling had also broken free. I hadn't even noticed that it was not firing. Other than a broken flipper spring, this is the only repair I've had to make. I'd be curious to hear what other owners have had to fix.

Spaulding's Chicken Pop
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.10.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.10.19 AM (resized).png

Slingshot
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.10.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-20 at 11.10.35 AM (resized).png

#9431 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Well, I had to get the soldering station out for the first time on my RZ. I noticed that the right (chicken bucket) pop was registering points but not firing. Sure enough, one of the wires had broken free of the coil. I was surprised to see that a wire on the lower right sling had also broken free. I hadn't even noticed that it was not firing. Other than a broken flipper spring, this is the only repair I've had to make. I'd be curious to hear what other owners have had to fix.
Spaulding's Chicken Pop

Slingshot

Out of curiosity, do you have a shaker installed and running, or not? This seems to happen way more frequently in my machines that have shakers.

#9432 6 years ago

I don't have the shaker option. I haven't looked at the audits recently, but would estimate between 450-500 plays.

#9433 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

every time you do an update it is mandatory that you format the SD card, so this would essentially do a factory reset for you.

does the machine itself not contain any memory of the previous code?

#9434 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What kind of glitches are you seeing? I think just a standard update would do a "reset." You can reflash the same version correctly or just wait until V22 drops and try again.

weird things like attract mode not working...in game glitches....weird sounds etc

#9435 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

does the machine itself not contain any memory of the previous code?

no, it does not keep a factory OS installed.

#9436 6 years ago

Spooky's FB page showed a couple gameplay photos from V22 testing, I am seeing some new dots!

#9437 6 years ago

Spooky's FB page showed a couple gameplay photos from V22 testing, I am seeing some new dots!

I saw that as well. Hopefully it’s more boobies & more crude callouts!

#9438 6 years ago

Anyone have issues of two balls getting stuck in the wireform drop to the left inlane? I had a friend over who played the whole night and I had to unstick balls there 3 times. Thoughts on a "fix" for this?

#9439 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I saw that as well. Hopefully it’s more boobies & more crude callouts!

I've been hoping for more gore with a title based off of House of 1000 Corpses, from a guy that has his movies re-edited time and time again to get the rating reduced to "R" for theaters.

As it stands, TFTC wins out in that category, but I feel like the theme that gets inspiration from Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hills Have Eyes should be significantly ahead in that regard.

And while I understand the reasons why songs can't be switched on this game, I feel like this game would be considerably more popular if they could (even if there were a cost to do so).

#9440 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

And while I understand the reasons why songs can't be switched on this game, I feel like this game would be considerably more popular if they could (even if there were a cost to do so).

I guess you just haven't figured out how to switch them yet

#9441 6 years ago

I guess you just haven't figured out how to switch them yet

Correct. I attempted with the Stern method to no avail. PM a brief pointer in the right direction? (would be much appreciated if so). One of these days I hope to learn how to code. As much as I like much of the material Rob produces (songs, films, etc.), the track "What?" drives me nuts each time I hear it And there are many that would fit the theme better IMO.

#9442 6 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Anyone have issues of two balls getting stuck in the wireform drop to the left inlane? I had a friend over who played the whole night and I had to unstick balls there 3 times. Thoughts on a "fix" for this?

maybe it needs to be leveled? whenever weird stuff happens with mine that's usually the case

#9443 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Correct. I attempted with the Stern method to no avail. PM a brief pointer in the right direction? (would be much appreciated if so). One of these days I hope to learn how to code. As much as I like much of the material Rob produces (songs, films, etc.), the track "What?" drives me nuts each time I hear it And there are many that would fit the theme better IMO.

Maybe we can ask Oliver aka oga83 who did the Pinbrowser app to see if he would look into it. I've tried replacing sounds with new callouts a few times to no avail. I have both H1KCorpses and Rejects ripped and created tons of potential call outs in prep but...

#9444 6 years ago

I switched mt game to family/non-adult mode the other day to see what it was like, and there are a ton of cool callouts in that mode. I assumed that it just removed the vulgar quotes, but in many senses there were completely new quotes, some better than their adult counterparts.

I really wish the adult mode was an aggregate of all the quotes to spread out how often you hear any particular soundbite. All-in-all I prefer the adult mode, but I think the game would benefit significantly if adult mode pulled from a larger pool. Anyone have the same thoughts, and would this be possible?

#9445 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I switched mt game to family/non-adult mode the other day to see what it was like, and there are a ton of cool callouts in that mode. I assumed that it just removed the vulgar quotes, but in many senses there were completely new quotes, some better than their adult counterparts.
I really wish the adult mode was an aggregate of all the quotes to spread out how often you hear any particular soundbite. All-in-all I prefer the adult mode, but I think the game would benefit significantly if adult mode pulled from a larger pool. Anyone have the same thoughts, and would this be possible?

I think this is a good idea. Maybe there could be 3 settings for adult mode:

Off: No profanity (no change)
On: Full profanity (no change)
Mix: Pulls from both pools of quotes (new setting)

#9446 6 years ago

love this

#9447 6 years ago

I really just want to hear, " Super F*cking Jackpot"

#9448 6 years ago

As long as it doesn't put the stupid cat back on the video....Boobies, all day, every day. Don't need no Hairy Cat mixed in.

#9449 6 years ago

Let's move up the turkey bird update to sooner rather than later. I got lots of time on my hands right now.

#9450 6 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I asked this to Charlie once and he replied no fix. It is just an occurrence you can't really plan for. I see it once every 300 games maybe. I agree to check that game is level and verify your wireform exit hole is aligned with the lane below it.

What the game needs more imo is a shooter lane backstop you can install and prevent ball from jumping backwards and landing behind the shooter lane and falling in the cabinet. RZ is the only game I have seen without a metal backstop and the only game I've seen actually eat balls. Can one be installed off an older game? Usually they are part of the apron but a small standalone metal backstop is needed here. Could some kind of big washers be installed on edge to stop the ball better? Sorry to high jack your issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.