2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 223.
#9351 6 years ago

The ‘No Turning Back’ flap is great. I agree that the flashing is too much. I own both of your RZ mods and will buy the flap when it’s ready, but I wouldn’t buy the strobing effect.

#9353 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Thanks for the feedback.

Also do not like. However using only 2 spots tied to gi would preserve atmosphere and side blades would almost double the ambient lighting on the playfield.

#9354 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Also do not like. However using only 2 spots tied to gi would preserve atmosphere and side blades would almost double the ambient lighting on the playfield.

I'm working on a couple of ideas that will hopefully work better than the first one.

Murder Ride Entrance is now available on my website.

1st one just shipped to Charlie.

#9355 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I'm working on a couple of ideas that will hopefully work better than the first one.

Awesome! Will purchase this week.

#9356 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Really like the mod and just ordered it. Thanks!

#9357 6 years ago

The wife got me done up right this year. CB856908-4583-4FB1-8A0D-5F21E18776A1 (resized).jpegCB856908-4583-4FB1-8A0D-5F21E18776A1 (resized).jpeg

#9358 6 years ago

Haha that's awesome

#9359 6 years ago

Hey all, is anyone else having problems with the top right mini playfield ejector "VUK" I think that what its called. Some times mine ejects perfect and some times it ejects very erratic it will hit so hard it shoots over the middle ramp and land on the playfield or it will hit hard that it will shoot straight down the right ramp not allowing me to use the flipper to catch it...I have also noticed that when this happens the glass vibrates...as in a lot of bass kicks in for some reason.. am I getting some sort of sound interference with the coil to make it eject erratic? I have my VUK coil set to 6 and it still does it any help would be much appreciated. thanks guys

#9360 6 years ago

another question can anyone post a photo of the inside of their cabinet the whole cabinet and where the amplifier is located? I installed a shaker motor and I couldn't mount the shaker in the exact spot as it seems my sub is closer to the front of the playfield so I had to remove a lot of staples to loosen the earth harness. Also can anyone advise the positions of all their dials on the amp as I think I need to adjust mine ....especially the first 2 sub volume and the next one ....aux hz....I cannot remember the name. cheers

#9361 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The wife got me done up right this year.

Where's the bucket? Did you already polish all the burnt chicken?

#9362 6 years ago

Super Spotlight Strobes in RZ take 2... Pardon my sub-par play

- I slowed down the flash rate
- I changed out the bulb color from blinding bright white to orange
- I am now connecting to another trigger source that allows the Strobes to come on less frequently (mostly during multi-
ball)

#9363 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

- I am now connecting to another trigger source that allows the Strobes to come on less frequently (mostly during multi-
ball)
» YouTube video

To be honest, I couldn't even tell if/when they were going off. Given that you made a video to show them, I assume they were flashing at some point, but I couldn't for the life of me tell you when it was happening.

#9364 6 years ago

They light up the center of the playfield above Rob's head with an orange glow.

I figured I'd give it one more try but if people don't like em or if they don't add any improvement to the game I'm perfectly fine scrapping the idea. You can't win em all.

#9365 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I figured I'd give it one more try but if people don't like em or if they don't add any improvement to the game I'm perfectly fine scrapping the idea. You can't win em all.

I just installed Pin Stadiums light kit and it makes a world of difference. The best thing about it is you can dial in whatever brightness, hue, or any aspect of color needed. They also have flasher options in different colors. This might be a better way to go.

IMG_1159 (resized).JPGIMG_1159 (resized).JPG
IMG_1166 (resized).JPGIMG_1166 (resized).JPG

#9366 6 years ago

Way too bright, at that setting at least. RZ looks good dark, I have added lighting to mine but it shouldn't be that bright.

#9367 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Way too bright, at that setting at least. RZ looks good dark, I have added lighting to mine but it shouldn't be that bright.

Well that's the good thing about Pin Stadium. Turn it up, down whatever you like. I think RZ is too dark. I'm still dialing in the color but I love the way it lights up the playfield.

#9368 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

ball)
» YouTube video

Looks good. Got any more vids of the murder ride entrance in action?

#9369 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Well that's the good thing about Pin Stadium. Turn it up, down whatever you like. I think RZ is too dark. I'm still dialing in the color but I love the way it lights up the playfield.

That’s what I was thinking, but then I saw a pick on the PinStadium thread with a reported value of just 20%. It may just be the inherent vagaries of photography, but to me, it still looked like you could probably see it from orbit! This game needs to be pretty dark, but it could use some very subtle improvements in GI. Could you post a photo of your rig set at, say, 5%?

#9370 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I just installed Pin Stadiums light kit and it makes a world of difference. The best thing about it is you can dial in whatever brightness, hue, or any aspect of color needed. They also have flasher options in different colors. This might be a better way to go.

Wow that is bright....I guess if you want a dark game to be bright this is the way you would go. Quick question I see you have put double rubbers on you post in the top mini playfield and it looks like another long rubber as well...I struggled to put the normal rubber on as the metal rail touches the rubber at the back of it....does it make much difference with the extra rubber on the bottom? cheers

#9371 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

ball)
» YouTube video

I think it would look better as just a solid gi light in the orange rather than a flasher, maybe try red? looks cool anyway

#9372 6 years ago

Here is how I have my pinstadium lights set to right now. Still gives it a dark/Spooky look

IMG_1357 (resized).JPGIMG_1357 (resized).JPG

#9373 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

That’s what I was thinking, but then I saw a pick on the PinStadium thread with a reported value of just 20%. It may just be the inherent vagaries of photography, but to me, it still looked like you could probably see it from orbit! This game needs to be pretty dark, but it could use some very subtle improvements in GI. Could you post a photo of your rig set at, say, 5%?

Quoted from NEOZATZY:

Wow that is bright....I guess if you want a dark game to be bright this is the way you would go. Quick question I see you have put double rubbers on you post in the top mini playfield and it looks like another long rubber as well...I struggled to put the normal rubber on as the metal rail touches the rubber at the back of it....does it make much difference with the extra rubber on the bottom? cheers

I was really on the fence about the PinStadium lights, but they are pretty awesome. I bought my first set specifically for RZ. I normally install spots in my LED converted games, but RZ was SO much darker than anything else. Only kit thing I had seen was the Pinball Refinery kit, but it was way too purple for me. I took a chance on PinStadium, and for RZ I couldn't be happier.

Scott's biggest problem with this kit is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to get accurate pictures. They either look blown out when showing a color, or when the GI is turned up enough to photograph (like the pictures above) it has the "I could see this from space" look. Even turning down the brightness as requested will not show accurately. The cool thing with PinStadium is not only can you dial the brightness all the way down to 1%, but you can also add RGB color to the white light. I have mine set with a mixture of red with the white. It does not overpower the playfield colors what-so-ever. Red GI usually washes out all the colors around it, but by just tinting the white light, it creates a mood rather than making all the artwork look red. It really looks great by making the game bright enough to play in a totally dark room, but still maintaining the "dark mood" that RZ deserves. The included app lets you dial in color and brightness changes in literally seconds, so there is no reason you couldn't get a setup you liked.

That said, I'm not convinced the kit is necessary for every game. They are not cheap, and I'm not sure they are worth the money in a lot of applications. However, I have ordered two additional kits with a couple specific games in mind, and with the intention of moving them around to different games from different manufacturers and eras to see where else they might be worthwhile.

As for RZ, they are unequivocally awesome! I literally cannot think of a game that they would work better in (although Alien seems to need them desperately as well).

#9374 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Here is how I have my pinstadium lights set to right now. Still gives it a dark/Spooky look

There we go! Still keeps the dark feel but improved lighting over stock.

#9375 6 years ago

Great post! You're dead on about trying to take pics. Looking at my own pics, the game does look too bright but not in person. Its hard to get a true feel for these kits unless you see them in person. Ill try to take more pics with different settings.

#9376 6 years ago

Installed the Murder Ride flap last night.

First off, it looks great. Nice swinging action and doesn’t seem to interfere with the ball. I didn’t notice any blocked shots, but I only put on a few games. It comes with two decals, which is a nice touch.

My only complaint is the included hex screw. The flap attaches to an open post, and I was pulling my hair out to find a hex screwdriver long enough to reach.

I finally substituted a normal screw and was finished in 5 seconds.

It’s a really cool mod and decent compromise for a spinner. Highly recommended.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9377 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

First off, it looks great. Nice swinging action and doesn’t seem to interfere with the ball. I didn’t notice any blocked shots, but I only put on a few games. It comes with two decals, which is a nice touch.
My only complaint is the hex screw. The flap attaches to an open post, and I was pulling my hair out to find a hex screwdriver long enough to reach.

I have Tim's other mods and they are great, I would love to see some video of this in action. I will probably end up getting one.

#9378 6 years ago

I have Tim's other mods and they are great, I would love to see some video of this in action. I will probably end up getting one.

Thanks. Here's a crude video of me throwing the ball around. I'm not good enough to consistently hit that shot in game play.

#9379 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My only complaint is the included hex screw. The flap attaches to an open post, and I was pulling my hair out to find a hex screwdriver long enough to reach.

Sorry to hear the provided screw caused issues for you. I had a surplus of the Allen drive screws for another project. Glad you like the mod though.

#9380 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Sorry to hear the provided screw caused issues for you. I had a surplus of the Allen drive screws for another project. Glad you like the mod though.

The screw was a minor gripe. Great mod, and looking forward to the next one!

#9381 6 years ago

V22 beta code is up!

#9382 6 years ago

And pray tell, where may one obtain the Beta code? Happy to test and provide feedback.

#9383 6 years ago

Fawzmagames facebook

#9384 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

And pray tell, where may one obtain the Beta code? Happy to test and provide feedback.

http://www.facebook.com/FawzmaGames/

#9385 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

The machine has top quality components out of the box, I think the best out there of any factory machine. The machine rattles like crazy if you turn the sub up which ends up drowning the rest out. There's anti rattle tape, but that just helps the glass. Here's what I did from left to right on amp.
This set up requires an external sub woofer. Also, for testing purposes hold down right flipper button to turn on radio(hold down again to change songs)
Sub-woofer:
Volume: Just barely on, close to 0
Crossover: nearly all the way left
Back Box Speakers:
Treble- All the way to the right
Bass- 1/4 turn + or - from full
Volume:
Personal preference here, but mines fairly loud

Hi mate,
I hold down my right flipper as much as you want and I cannot get the radio feature up...is there a setting I need to turn on...I cannot find it thanks

#9386 6 years ago
Quoted from NEOZATZY:

Hi mate,
I hold down my right flipper as much as you want and I cannot get the radio feature up...is there a setting I need to turn on...I cannot find it thanks

Are you in free play? this feature only works in free play. Also, what version are you running?

#9387 6 years ago

I agree. The Pussy Liquors sign mod looks great too.

#9388 6 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I agree. The Pussy Liquors sign mod looks great too.

That’s my favorite of his RZ mods so far.

#9389 6 years ago

For anyone looking for a very nice example:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Rob Zombie's Spookshow International machine that looks and plays great. The machine features all factory 'upgrades' which includes LEDs, plastic protectors, and lit toys. Lookin...”
2017-10-31
Plainfield, IL
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 1338 times

I have not yet loaded the latest code but will as soon as I have a chance. Thanks for looking!

Brad

#9390 6 years ago

Followed the procedure loading the beta code from FawzmaGames
and when prompted to restart, I get a bump bump sound repeats every 5 seconds, won’t boot. Can’t get a prompt to try and fall back to 2.1. What can I do?

#9391 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Followed the procedure loading the beta code from FawzmaGames
and when prompted to restart, I get a bump bump sound repeats every 5 seconds, won’t boot. Can’t get a prompt to try and fall back to 2.1. What can I do?

I've got the beta code loaded and it worked fine. Confirm you formatted your SD card and unzipped the new code? What type of computer did you use (windows, Mac)?

#9392 6 years ago

My bonehead move, formatted the sd for 21 code, didn't reformat for beta.

#9393 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

My bonehead move, formatted the sd for 21 code, didn't reformat for beta.

That will get you every time

Format the card and recopy

with machine off hold he config_prop button on the main board.. blue button under the spooky ghost fingers (bottom right of ghost)

turn machine on, when (if) you see a count down, let go of the button and let the machine update

IF you can't get it to update via the button, you will need to send the board back into spooky and I'll fix it.

#9394 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

That will get you every time
Format the card and recopy
with machine off hold he config_prop button on the main board.. blue button under the spooky ghost fingers (bottom right of ghost)
turn machine on, when (if) you see a count down, let go of the button and let the machine update
IF you can't get it to update via the button, you will need to send the board back into spooky and I'll fix it.

Saw your complete instructions after the fact but I did just that, power off, hold in prop_config, (3rd button from left), power up, once it started programming, let go, followed prompts, good to go. Muchos Gracias

So boys and ghouls, format your SD cards EVERY time you upgrade code. I assumed too much thinking because I had already formatted it and upgraded from 20 to 21, I was good to go, I was not.

#9395 6 years ago

Glad you got it working! Props to Fawzma with the prompt support. As a reminder, here are the RZ code update instructions. If you follow this it will always work.

PinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions.2 (resized).jpgPinHeck-Code-Update-Instructions.2 (resized).jpg

#9396 6 years ago

Memmer that time you asked Stern for help in a forum and they replied immediately? Me either.

Spooky & Fawzma FTW

#9397 6 years ago

Any bugs with this code so far? I'm still on v20 and didn't go to 21 due to the double eject stuff.

#9398 6 years ago

I've had no issues as of yet

#9399 6 years ago

Can someone post the log? Adding infection mode is a major accomplishment and I like the three settings. Perfect.

#9400 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Any bugs with this code so far? I'm still on v20 and didn't go to 21 due to the double eject stuff.

I haven't had any issues yet game seems to be running very nice. I have played about 20 games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
8,000 (OBO)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/188?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.