Topic Stats

• 10,455 posts
  • 598 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,191 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10455 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 210.
#9301 2 years ago

That's pretty cool! I really wish it were a spinner with some sort of meniacal laugh as the sound

#9302 2 years ago

What's going on with the CHOP switches under v21? None register at all on first play. They may or may not come back as more games are played. It's not mechanical. They all register just fine in switch test. I used to see this some on the "H", left inlane under v20. It's a lot worse now.

#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

What's going on with the CHOP switches under v21? None register at all on first play. They may or may not come back as more games are played. It's not mechanical. They all register just fine in switch test. I used to see this some on the "H", left inlane under v20. It's a lot worse now.

I’ve seen this too. Lots of bugs to include 2 balls, CHOP not activating, etc.

#9304 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

to include 2 balls

Do you mean ball loader issues? I saw a lot of that when I first upgraded, but it is not as common for me, now.

#9305 2 years ago

Yeah, the game loads 2 balls every now and again. Just happened again tonight.

#9306 2 years ago

The lane switches are registering in switch edges due to the switch being depressed with your finger.

Check your WHATSNEW file and see if this line is in there

Update - 9/28 - Lane kickoff only happens when load routine has finished

if not.. go ahead and redownload the v21 update. Whats happening is, the auto lane kick is launching the ball before the load routine finishes sometimes. depending on when it happens, you could get stuck in a cycle where it kicks/reloads.

#9307 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The lane switches are registering in switch edges due to the switch being depressed with your finger.
if not.. go ahead and redownload the v21 update. Whats happening is, the auto lane kick is launching the ball before the load routine finishes sometimes. depending on when it happens, you could get stuck in a cycle where it kicks/reloads.

Okay. You’re telling me to redownload V21? I’m trying to understand the problem, as this didn’t happen with V20.

#9308 2 years ago

Updated a friends machine last night (10/7) to v21 and it repeatedly loaded 2 balls (no pun).

#9309 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Is that a 2-way flap? Pretty cool.

It is a 2 way flap. Thanks.

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Curious how that will work during multiball when there can be a ball going each direction through that lane, and how it affects a slow rolling shot. I've gotten lots of Murder Rides from the ball BARELY making it up into the lane. I would guess this door would be enough to keep those from scoring.

Looks cool, eager to hear how testing goes.

#9311 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

It should be a spinner, coded into the game.

#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

My v21 WHATSNEW file does not have that. Don't you think that the build number should have been updated to v21.1 or something? I'll post my results after installation and play testing.

EDIT. I just re-downloaded the update from the link on the Spooky website. That WHATSNEW file does not have that line, either. Do you have a link?

#9313 2 years ago

Listing a couple of code suggestions to see if others support for version v23.

1) Demonoid - disable flipper controlling upper pf inserts, requiring player to hit both left and right switches once.

2) LDG - lighting should be unlit by default, blink when mode is ready or running and solidly lit if mode is won. Would make more sense thematically and be a nice reward for running the mode.

3) Infection - any mode that is started but not finished the first time, is labeled infected on the menu. If selected again, player must win to complete mode, lighting the insert and showing up as completed on the mode menu. Failing to win the second time around costs half his points awarded to preceding player AND it completes that mode for all other players. Losing player is inoculated and that shows up on menu and he can try replaying that mode without additional penalty beyond the loss of balls (pinballs, not his beans! and his dignity). One person games pay the same penalties for losing. If player doesn't want to risk penalties of losing an infected mode, they should only play each mode once per game.

Note - all infected modes are started the first time in reverse flippers if enabled in the game menu. The flippers start normally in further attempts.

When playing HO1KC- the cost of losing an infected round (your second attempt) is loss of all your corpses go to preceding player. If that pushes them over 1k, they collect that insert.

4) Super Jackpot - currently modes and multiballs utilize the ramp to collect jackpots. Add a super jackpot opportunity worth 10x jackpot and make collectible by shooting left orbit to upper playfield, hit Spaulding once to open gate and a second time to fall in hole to collect. Some cool call outs to accompany, of course.

5) Sync ball save insert with ball saver, dammit. When I lose a ball and the ball save insert is blinking, I want my ball. Regardless of if it is ball one or ball three. I am sure this is timing and software matter than can be overcome, but my OCD cannot forgive this much longer.

6) Playfield Multipliers - Unsure how playfield multipliers work, but would love to see one incorporated that loosely resembles what Centaur does for each completion of the top rollovers. It would need to be better lit on the playfield or screen. In RZ, each ball resets at the launch of a ball. In RZ's case, every completion of 'chop' + left/right switches on upper playfield can be collected at the blinking multiplier targets on playfield and will result in an increase of the playfield multiplier by one. Entire balls bonus is multiplied by playfield multiplier for award. But don't tilt because you'll never see the ball bonus.

7) Mode multipliers are not generally needed and can continue to be the add a ball. The multipliers on the playfield are for HO1KC and to collect playfield multiplier.

Potentially big rewards from items 3 & 4 & 6 allow some brand new scoring strategies to evolve.

When do the reverse flippers come into play?

ps - looking forward to receiving and installing my apron mod.

#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

My v21 WHATSNEW file does not have that. Don't you think that the build number should have been updated to v21.1 or something? I'll post my results after installation and play testing.
EDIT. I just re-downloaded the update from the link on the Spooky website. That WHATSNEW file does not have that line, either. Do you have a link?

Crap juut double checked.. I have the latest still in beta as I was testing.. check you pm

#9315 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Curious how that will work during multiball when there can be a ball going each direction through that lane, and how it affects a slow rolling shot. I've gotten lots of Murder Rides from the ball BARELY making it up into the lane. I would guess this door would be enough to keep those from scoring.
Looks cool, eager to hear how testing goes.

Testing hasn't shown any issues during multi ball or slow traveling balls so far. It swings pretty freely.

#9316 2 years ago

Just acquired a rz. Good job spooky running 2.1 no issues

#9317 2 years ago

Finally blew my first fuse and when I went to replace it, I noticed the ones I'd ordered from PL didn't look quite like the one that was blown:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1580

Are these the correct ones?

#9318 2 years ago

Guess I was wrong.

#9319 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Finally blew my first fuse and when I went to replace it, I noticed the ones I'd ordered from PL didn't look quite like the one that was blown:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1580
Are these the correct ones?

Those are correct. 5x20mm

#9320 2 years ago

I'm really struggling with DCR since V20, it's sooooo easy to reset progress when you hit the 2 target because you have to be out of control at that point. Am I alone in thinking there should be something else going on with this mode given it requires you to get out of control twice before completion and it punishes random switch hits?

#9321 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Any way to incorporate a spinner on the right loop? Seems like both would screw into the post.

Keep up the good mod work. I have both of your RZ mods and they’re awesome.

#9322 2 years ago

Hi David, finally got around to v21 and I'm having the double ball kick out every time too. Can we get a copy of the update to prevent this please? Thanks

#9323 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Hi David, finally got around to v21 and I'm having the double ball kick out every time too. Can we get a copy of the update to prevent this please? Thanks

Check your pm

#9324 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Same here. . V21 has given me 2 balls pretty much every game.

#9325 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Same here. . V21 has given me 2 balls pretty much every game.

pm sent.. let me know how it goes so i can take it out of beta

#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

pm sent.. let me know how it goes so i can take it out of beta

Thanks, will do.

#9327 2 years ago

I've yet to have the 2 ball issue on the most recent v21. It however won't retain my high res DMD settings. Every time the machine is turned off the next you turn it on the DMD will be back to round dots. Irritating.

#9328 2 years ago

Ball kick out feature fixed, thanks for the speedy response yet again!

#9329 2 years ago

No 2 ball kick out after a few games. The only weird bug was when I tilted out, the follow-on ball didn’t have music until I plunged.

Other than that, nice job. Loving RZ!

#9330 2 years ago

So is the updated v21 online now fixing that issue?

#9331 2 years ago

I'm uploading one last update for this version which sets the backglass light to max.

#9332 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Quoted from FawzmaGames:pm sent.. let me know how it goes so i can take it out of beta
Thanks, will do.

So how did it go? Curious on when this will come out of beta.

#9333 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

So how did it go? Curious on when this will come out of beta.

I had one game that spit out 2 balls, but it’s an improvement over the previous version.

#9334 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had one game that spit out 2 balls, but it’s an improvement over the previous version.

What is the load could setting set to?

#9335 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What is the load could setting set to?

The what?

#9337 2 years ago

Just checked the settings and I couldn’t find load coil. Where is it?

#9338 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just checked the settings and I couldn’t find load coil. Where is it?

Coil menu

#9339 2 years ago

I’ll take this to pm to not highlight my ineptitude, but I’ll check again. I looked through the coil menu three times and couldn’t find it.

I was drinking, though, so there’s that. I’ll circle back.

#9340 2 years ago

Mudflaps It's in the menu under coil adjustments -> loader coil.

I'm on the v21 beta code and the double feed problem is much better but still kicking two out now and then. My coil is at 8.5 right now.

#9341 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Mudflaps It's in the menu under coil adjustments -> loader coil.
I'm on the v21 beta code and the double feed problem is much better but still kicking two out now and then. My coil is at 8.5 right now.

The closest I can find is Ball Loader in the coil menu. Is that it? It’s set to 8.5.

#9342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The closest I can find is Ball Loader in the coil menu. Is that it? It’s set to 8.5.

My bad, yes that's it. I get that seasonal short-term memory loss thing from time to time.

#9343 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

My bad, yes that's it. I get that seasonal short-term memory loss thing from time to time.

Thanks. I’m a dum dum for not picking up on it. I set it to 7, so we’ll see if that makes a difference.

#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks. I’m a dum dum for not picking up on it. I set it to 7, so we’ll see if that makes a difference.

I would set it stronger. The ball needs to get to the shooter lane within a certain time.

I use a trick to try and keep the coil post up to prevent other balls from stacking.

No way to detect a stack so I try to prevent it. If the coil is set too low, their may not be enough force to eject all the way.

#9345 2 years ago

My 2 yr old son is learning to play pinball on a RZ with adult voice off. Showing him when to flip. His favorite callouts are the ones that rhyme or repeat.. "Step away and let the other 4 play". "we're locked and loaded" And the "Yayayaya" sound. Even if he just see's the face on the DMD without the sound, he'll still make the noise.

#9346 2 years ago

Here is some game play with the new Super Spot Light Strobes attached to the lower part of the slings and all the other RZ mods.

Right now I have them hooked up to the purple lightning inserts next to the right orbit. I may find a better insert to hook them up to. I'd mostly like them to come on during multi-ball.

Let me know your thoughts.

#9347 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here is some game play with the new Super Strobes and all the other RZ mods. Let me know your thoughts. Right now I have them hooked up to the purple lightning inserts next to the right orbit but may find a better insert to hook them to. I'd like them to mostly come on during multi-balls.
» YouTube video

#9348 1 year ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here is some game play with the new Super Spot Light Strobes attached to the lower sling shots and all the other RZ mods.
Right now I have them hooked up to the purple lightning inserts next to the right orbit. I may find a better insert to hook them up to. I'd mostly like them to come on during multi-ball.
» YouTube video

#9349 1 year ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here is some game play with the new Super Spot Light Strobes attached to the lower part of the slings and all the other RZ mods.
» YouTube video

Too much flashing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 10455 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside