IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 223.
#9201 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I like the idea of a shorter chop save and longer normal ball save. That'd be a great addition.

fair enough

#9202 6 years ago

Be good to adjust chop and ball save times in the settings.( 2 different adjustments).

This game is freaking difficult and i'm happy to have a few easy modes (superbeast dragula,what), its common to get the multiball the lose all the balls at the end. I only ever complete 2 modes in any 1 game.

#9203 6 years ago

Just posted this morning, a new Pinball Mayhem video showing the installation of a knocker in Rob Zombie. Man is that knocker loud! Fortytwo did the install, I did the filming & RustyLizard did the lighting. We hope you like it.

Subscribe, comment, & share the vid thanks

#9204 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Just posted this morning, a new Pinball Mayhem video showing the installation of a knocker in Rob Zombie. Man is that knocker loud! fortytwo did the install, I did the filming & rustylizard did the lighting. We hope you like it.
» YouTube video
Subscribe, comment, & share the vid thanks

nice video. do you mind if i use this for tech support for people?

#9205 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Thank you for the great compliment! Yes, that would be excellent if you referred people to the video.

#9206 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

No problem. And thanks again.
We are always open to suggestions for future videos. let us know if there's anything you would like us to video.

#9207 6 years ago

Pinstadium kit arrived. Game is pretty dark but with the kit the playfield really pops. Gi and flasher integration is awesome!!!

IMG_20170916_101627683 (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_101627683 (resized).jpg

#9208 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pinstadium kit arrived. Game is pretty dark but with the kit the playfield really pops. Gi and flasher integration is awesome!!!

Wow! That looks great. What color flasher did you go with? Any chance you can take a pick of how it connects to the GI? I've been on the fence on this, but now that they are finally getting into people's hands, I may have made up my mind.

#9209 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Man, that looks great. Can the brightness be adjusted up or down?

#9210 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Wow! That looks great. What color flasher did you go with? Any chance you can take a pick of how it connects to the GI? I've been on the fence on this, but now that they are finally getting into people's hands, I may have made up my mind.

I went with red flasher. Just alligator clip to any gi and to the flasher of your choice. Super easy to install.

Quoted from Hougie:

Man, that looks great. Can the brightness be adjusted up or down?

Yes, all can be controlled super easy through an app on your phone.

#9211 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Really makes the playfield a bunch brighter. Looks really nice in the photo.

#9212 6 years ago

I honestly like the dark playfield and even like dimming the lights and playing it in a darker room - im sure its easier to see with the brighter lights but i like the darkness of the dark theme

#9213 6 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I honestly like the dark playfield and even like dimming the lights and playing it in a darker room - im sure its easier to see with the brighter lights but i like the darkness of the dark theme

Theme wise that's a very valid point. I'm sure that was thought about during the game build process.

Lit Either way is good !

#9214 6 years ago

For my preference it was way to dark. What good is Alex Horley art if you can't even see it. I really like the pinstadium kits, but they won't be for everyone.

#9215 6 years ago

I added a couple of spotlights along with super bright insert LEDs. Still dark, but manageable. I'm used to the blinding light of modern Sterns.

#9216 6 years ago

Possibly a dumb question or request, but here goes...

What about a spinner by the RHPL loop? I was able to add spinners to Met Pro without a problem, and though they didn't tie into code, spinners are awesome.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard from a hardware or software standpoint, and it sure would help during HO1KC.

Just a thought.

#9217 6 years ago

Over the weekend I installed the apron mod and it looks great. The directions provided were well documented and easy to follow. I ended up taking off the plastic hangers and mounted it directly to the back box. For those interested, I put it off to the right and took two photos in case you were thinking about where to mount it. (Sorry the one is blurry)

2017-09-17 16.28.42 (resized).jpg2017-09-17 16.28.42 (resized).jpg

2017-09-17 16.29.10 (resized).jpg2017-09-17 16.29.10 (resized).jpg

#9218 6 years ago

Nice clean install!

For those interested Pinball Mayhem did an install video on the mod and another video on the gameplay on
Fortytwo s machine.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/184#post-3948730

#9219 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Over the weekend I installed the apron mod and it looks great. The directions provided were well documented and easy to follow. I ended up taking off the plastic hangers and mounted it directly to the back box. For those interested, I put it off to the right and took two photos in case you were thinking about where to mount it. (Sorry the one is blurry)

I like your mounting location. It allows better cable management. No worry about running out of cable length. FawzmaGames did good by us here.

#9220 6 years ago

I had to replace a flipper spring so I took the opportunity to made a few quick mods to Rob Zombie.

I will admit both of these are incredible nit picky but I figured someone else might like how these turned out so I thought I would share.

First was to add a 90 degree adapter to the FawzmaGames apron mod.

before (resized).jpgbefore (resized).jpg

As you can see the the HDMI cable casts a shadow under the apron which was bugging me. So I added an adapter like so. (example adapter https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Veins-Degree-Connectors-Adapters/dp/B00DDULUIA/ref=sr_1_3)

2017-09-19 17.25.26 (resized).jpg2017-09-19 17.25.26 (resized).jpg
2017-09-19 17.26.23 (resized).jpg2017-09-19 17.26.23 (resized).jpg

Boom problem solved! Here is the before and after.

sidebyside-after (resized).jpgsidebyside-after (resized).jpg

Next I decided to fight the light bleed behind the apron logo.

light-before (resized).jpglight-before (resized).jpg

I tackled this with some double sided tape and cardboard.

cutout (resized).jpgcutout (resized).jpg

Boom second problem solved!! <-- two problems solved = two exclamation points.

light-sidebyside (resized).jpglight-sidebyside (resized).jpg

Like I said, totally a nitpick thing but maybe it will inspire someone.

#9221 6 years ago

Nice work and nice photos.

#9222 6 years ago

Thanks

#9223 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I had to replace a flipper spring so I took the opportunity to made a few quick mods to Rob Zombie.

I will admit both of these are incredible nit picky but I figured someone else might like how these turned out so I thought I would share.

First was to add a 90 degree adapter to the fawzmagames apron mod.

I was thinking about going the 90 degree route. I made the mistake of buying 50 of those HDMI cables without seeing how they fit. I never thought about the base of the connector turning out the way it did. I was fortunate that the insert area had to be moved down from the original location which gave it just enough room to fit.

I'll find a supply of those adapters and start including it.

#9224 6 years ago

V21 is being moved out of beta. If you have the apron mod and didn't use the latest beta, v21 fixes the mode/drain freeze issue.

The next version to come will be dedicated to an "instant info" type screen when you hold the flippers. I finally have a system worked out that doesn't screw everything up.

RZ UPDATE V21 - 8/31/2017
Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly
Fixed - AV now at V008, random read error
Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine
Fixed - mode select now works when using infected mode
Fixed - LDG gets progressively harder after getting to the 4th round
Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist
Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.
Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.
Update - servo adjustments going down would roll to 255 instead of 12
Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1
Update - upper flippers will be forced off anytime they aren't needed
Update - Save light forced off after collecting 500 corpse in 1000c
Update - Balls search on start up kicks ball from lane instantly
Updated - "move your bra" removed. only uses "pop your top".
Updated - Robot now moves in ball search
Updated - Lightning mode strobes left orbit instead of blinking the hurryup
Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

#9225 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V21 is being moved out of beta. If you have the apron mod and didn't use the latest beta, v21 fixes the mode/drain freeze issue.
The next version to come will be dedicated to an "instant info" type screen when you hold the flippers. I finally have a system worked out that doesn't screw everything up.
Fixed - show last score routine would interfere with starting a new game. start button handled at end of routine to allow for last score display to function properly
Fixed - shooting vuk after ball launch and not hitting any switches would flake out the mode select routine
Update - If allow match was off, game would try to play a game over clip that didn't exist
Update - VUK fires 3 times at normal power, if eject fails power reduced to 3 to attempts a light jog/unjam. If eject fails again, VUK kicks will pause for 8 seconds so not to overpower the fuse.
Update - Shaker only fired one time on VUK eject and won't trigger again for 10 seconds. This is to reduce stress on the fuse.
Update - drain switch logic was setting plunge timer to fire before a ball was ready on trough switch 1
Added - Corpse mode, when all balls drained at same time. Corpse count display timer was being killed when it shouldn't be

Great! I was already planning on playing mine for my Sunday stream and now I get to do it with new code.

#9226 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Is it just the “move your bra” callout or the visuals too?

#9227 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Is it just the “move your bra” callout or the visuals too?

its just the callout.. the girl is still there in adult mode

#9228 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I didn't think you needed to remove that callout completely! I do like it, maybe it could be added back in at some point just less prevalent as it used to be.

#9229 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I didn't think you needed to remove that callout completely! I do like it, maybe it could be added back in at some point just less prevalent as it used to be.

Yeah, it was funny once in a while, just not 27x per game.

#9230 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Also included will be another video mode, 2 mini wizards modes, 153 more call outs, and more lighting effects right @fawzmagames?

#9231 6 years ago

I miss the shambling zombies that were a backdrop to the Extra Ball.

#9232 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Also included will be another video mode, 2 mini wizards modes, 153 more call outs, and more lighting effects right fawzmagames?

shhhhh

#9233 6 years ago

David you are the best,man I wish all new games had this level of support,not even close,it just keeps getting better.

#9234 6 years ago

Any changes from the v21 beta version I have installed?

#9235 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Any changes from the v21 beta version I have installed?

when did you last download?

#9236 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Thank God that is gone. If it ever comes back I will never update from this code.

#9237 6 years ago

Quoted from FawzmaGames:when did you last download?

When apron mod arrived. around Sept. 1st.

#9238 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

When apron mod arrived. around Sept. 1st.

ahh do one more update just in case.. you are right there as I did the last beta update.

#9239 6 years ago

Is there a place that tells me the update procedure? Cheers!

#9241 6 years ago

I'm in Vancouver for Flipout and some great person has brought their RZ out! Hopefully the operator can update the code so I don't have to wait until I'm home to try v21

#9242 6 years ago

Please release something not full of bugs for fuck sake!

#9243 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

I didn't even update with the v21. I have v20 and it seems to be working great. I'll wait until the next update and hopefully the bugs will be worked out.

#9244 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

I don't release anything with bugs. They are new features

Did you update to v21 and see something? Or, are you speaking in general?

#9245 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Dude, if you’re going to post something like that, be specific. What version of the code? What were the bugs?

#9246 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

For anyone that has ever programmed or coded before you know how hard it can be. I remember trying to code a program to roll dice randomly. I cringed when submitting it to the compiler and seeing error messages. Hats off to anyone who does it.

#9247 6 years ago

Has anyone come up with a good way to protect that switch on the underside of the upper playfield so it doesn't get mashed by the ball until it shorts?

#9248 6 years ago

I cut a piece of a rubber ring and wedged it in there so it would not bend any further and short.

#9249 6 years ago

Thanks fawz v21 is a great improvement. I've ownly loaded it this morning and played a few games and to me it feels complete.

Like the strobe rather than that bass noise when starting WHAT. much better.

Awesome work fawz.

#9250 6 years ago

Ok so updated to v21 this morning.

Wife was playing, I was watching.

She had the ball go down the drain and ball save was on. Then the machine didnt reload the ball. The machine went into ball search and then launched 2 balls into the lane with the screen blank.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/185?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.