IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 223.
#9151 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I'm sticking with WPC switches, but I also ordered some of the pinball life round wire Stern switches. I'm gun shy about ordering the exact type of switches that were in the game since I'm having issues with multiples of them. Switches should and do last 20-30 years, these just aren't...
I guess I could have contacted Spooky about the switches and got some new ones sent to me (honestly forgot I have a warranty ), but they just don't seem like very high quality switches so don't really want to put them back in if I'm going through the trouble to change them.

Ok, thanks. I'll use the links you posted earlier and replace mine too.

#9152 6 years ago

Last night while I was installing the apron I used a meter on my H switch. It is definitely a mechanical issue. I had no current flowing through it until I had depressed it about 10 times, then it started working and worked perfectly every time after and through the handful of games I played after.

Very interesting. I've noticed that many times my VUK switch won't register the first couple hits and then work perfectly after that, which would be consistent with what you observed.

#9153 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Owner of one of the first 4 shipped is going to do an installation video. I'm sure he'll be doing game play as well.
And I have tons to do with this and a few tricks up my sleeves.

PM_Jeremy and myself are planning on making the video tomorrow will get it posted and linked here as soon as editing is done. I think i will do two. One just install and a second with extended 3 player game play.
Its been painful looking at it and not installing the last couple days. Side note anyone have issues with the current beta v21? i am going to upgrade tonight.

#9154 6 years ago

Switches should and do last 20-30 years, these just aren't...

Alas, the new switches ain't like 20 year old ones. Like everything these days, they're not made the same.

I've had new switches go bad on Stern machines, and on repro switches I've installed in my old games.

On the positive side, at least they're cheap to replace.

rd

#9155 6 years ago

Put me on the list

#9156 6 years ago

Apron installed and running the 21 beta code. Took about 30 minutes and I took my time doing it.

21246634_2056633257956229_5221675691464712244_o (resized).jpg21246634_2056633257956229_5221675691464712244_o (resized).jpg

21316468_2056633217956233_6770284782042003696_o (resized).jpg21316468_2056633217956233_6770284782042003696_o (resized).jpg

#9157 6 years ago

Nobody having the issue with the robot/pop bumper not working?

#9158 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Nobody having the issue with the robot/pop bumper not working?

The pop bumper ? Or the robot itself? If it is the Robot , mine did stop working . Charlie got me a new servo ,I installed it and he has been working fine since . Spooky has a video on youtube showing the replacement of this part .

#9159 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The pop bumper ? Or the robot itself? If it is the Robot , mine did stop working . Charlie got me a new servo ,I installed it and he has been working fine since . Spooky has a video on youtube showing the replacement of this part .

It appears to be both. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for the video.

#9160 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is the pop switch triggering in the switch menu.

Maybe it's gapped too much

#9161 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Check the wiring on the pop bumper , it is possible that one of the wires has come off the coil .

#9162 6 years ago

I tested it, and it's actually working, but the pop bumper appears to have become very insensitive. I re-gapped the switch. Hopefully that will fix it. The robot tests as though it is working, also. I haven't seen it turning during gameplay. Perhaps I just don't know how to get it moving. Haven't been playing this game much, but thinking of getting back to it.

#9163 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I tested it, and it's actually working, but the pop bumper appears to have become very insensitive. I re-gapped the switch. Hopefully that will fix it. The robot tests as though it is working, also. I haven't seen it turning during gameplay. Perhaps I just don't know how to get it moving. Haven't been playing this game much, but thinking of getting back to it.

When you go to the upper playfield the robot should turn to look that way.

#9164 6 years ago

We have completed the install video for the Apron mod made by FawzmaGames . Please note I always comment on things I would like to see improved. Please don't take this as negative just as some things that will make it even better.

We recorded a entire 3 person game and will be edited and uploaded later this morning. I will post a link here and subscribers will get an email when its live too.

#9165 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

the pop bumper appears to have become very insensitive. I re-gapped the switch. Hopefully that will fix it.

I need to do this with all my pops, they're not nearly as sensitive as I'd like them to be.

#9166 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

In general the movement of the robot adds nothing to the game - my servo needs replacement and im not even bothering

#9167 6 years ago

We just finished the game play video, and by we I mean PM_Jeremy did all the editing and upload. This is a of a three player game, a few modes entered and HO10K. I noticed there is no special display for LDG or Goober. LDG happens enough and would be nice to know what you have to do to open up more jackpots.

FawzmaGames looks great cant wait to see what you have in store for it in the future.

#9168 6 years ago

@fortytwo, Thanks for posting the installation and game play videos. I'm wondering if it is possible to install the mod boards so that cables are not blocking any of the backbox LEDs?

#9169 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

fortytwo, Thanks for posting the installation and game play videos. I'm wondering if it is possible to install the mod boards so that cables are not blocking any of the backbox LEDs?

Since the leds are some distance from the artwork we didn't notice any blocking of the light once everything was back together.

Thanks for watching the vids

#9170 6 years ago

Speaking of the robot (already replaced the servo once), anyone know how to adjust it back to it's proper start and end place without damaging anything?

#9171 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Speaking of the robot (already replaced the servo once), anyone know how to adjust it back to it's proper start and end place without damaging anything?

It is explained in the youtube video spooky made . I think if you followed the video and the robot is not in it's proper start position you need to take it apart and adjust the position of the screws holding it on .

#9172 6 years ago

Thanks . . . I was hoping I didn't have to take it apart again.

#9173 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Since the leds are some distance from the artwork we didn't notice any blocking of the light once everything was back together.
Thanks for watching the vids

I had the same thought. Turned it on today and I can't see any dull or wire spots. Now on my GB where wires are hanging closer to the translight, I see those.
I beleive if one were to plug everything in first may be able to position to the left of the heck board in a more vertical position. Because fawzma gave enough wires to mount higher you have a lot of flexibility. I wouldn't mount it to the side because you would be getting close to the front and easier to accidentally drill thorough something important.

#9174 6 years ago

Robot servo replacement video. For those looking for it.

-Mike

#9175 6 years ago

Ok RZ owners. Can you bring me up to speed please?

1. Is the newest code stable?
2. Should I install it.
3. Anything else I need to know?

Thanks, Mike

#9176 6 years ago

I have been on v20 since it was released . It was suggested early after the release of v20 to turn infected mode off . I have had no issues ( I have had infected mode off since installing ) . V20 is a huge update , tons of great new stuff . You should install it .

#9177 6 years ago

Anyone think the price on these will go back up or are they likely to settle at 5k?

#9178 6 years ago

Have any of you guys installed a Pinstadium kit on RZ? Was thinking of doing it with either the red flasher or the UV ones and wanted to see if anyone had opinions on what looked good

#9179 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Have any of you guys installed a Pinstadium kit on RZ? Was thinking of doing it with either the red flasher or the UV ones and wanted to see if anyone had opinions on what looked good

I'm currently impatiently waiting on my kit. I ordered the UV + glow flasher option. I was in the pre order batch so it shouldn't be much longer

#9180 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I'm currently impatiently waiting on my kit. I ordered the UV + glow flasher option. I was in the pre order batch so it shouldn't be much longer

Let me know how it goes!

#9181 6 years ago

I have one on order also. Should be here soon.

#9182 6 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone think the price on these will go back up or are they likely to settle at 5k?

Likely to settle around 5-5.5k. I love mine, but it's not going to be for everyone and while 300 is not a lot it's still enough to meet the current demand.

#9183 6 years ago

Hey, guys. I have a strategy question, and it relates to the amount of fun I'm having with the game.

I'm finding that I'm still shooting the ramp so often that it feels like chopping wood. Shooting the ramp always feels like a safe shot, while other shots are definitely not. Combine that with the fact that I can loop the ramp 4 times to start CHOP, and I've started doing that all the time before I shoot a more difficult shot.

Then, I start HO1KC, and somehow I come out of it with 2 balls left and only 530 corpses, so what do I do? Trap one on the right flipper and start shooting the ramp with the left. I didn't quite make it to 1000, but I was up around 850 or so.

Do others play this way, or am I taking all the fun out of the game?

#9184 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Hey, guys. I have a strategy question, and it relates to the amount of fun I'm having with the game.
I'm finding that I'm still shooting the ramp so often that it feels like chopping wood. Shooting the ramp always feels like a safe shot, while other shots are definitely not. Combine that with the fact that I can loop the ramp 4 times to start CHOP, and I've started doing that all the time before I shoot a more difficult shot.
Then, I start HO1KC, and somehow I come out of it with 2 balls left and only 530 corpses, so what do I do? Trap one on the right flipper and start shooting the ramp with the left. I didn't quite make it to 1000, but I was up around 850 or so.

With the pitch of my game I often shoot the center ramp to hold the left flipper up and pass to my right flipper. I use the right flipper to shoot the left loop and the ho1k drop. This is how I usually get my chop saver lit.

In House of 1k I just keep my eyes on the flippers and try to nudge balls away from the outlanes. When I get down to a couple of balls I trap up on one flipper and try to flip balls up toward the pops on the left and pray that they bat around enough up top. I try for HO1K aggressively on ball one. I can sometimes complete it by ball 2 or 3.

#9185 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm not sure what code you are on, but V20 added a bunch and V21 has added more. I think he has either moved V21 to stable or close to doing so.

I find with this game, I play one of several ways depending on my mood and how much whiskey I've been drinking. My wife doesn't care for the game (doesn't like it cussing at her, cussing and adult is ok, but she doesn't like it coming at her) so I tend to play by myself later in the evenings (like midnight).

If I'm going for points, I go after H1KC right away and LDG, I need to get a run on that and get started. I'll also go for a mode or two for points and that's about all I concentrate on. BTW You can restart H1KC to complete it. The modes kick my butt. V21 the jackpots move during LDG so it's not a ramp fest.

Now if I get tired of multiballs/points, then I concentrate on the modes. That's an entirely different game and so much so we've played dollar games and the winner is who completes the most modes (LDG does count, but you have to finish it).

Then if I'm just shooting and exploring I try and get the GOBER finished, cards, robot, some modes, maybe living dead girl, but not necessarily H1KC. I'm more interested in getting everything going.

Oh and I always want to hit pop bumpers, just something about getting a peep show

#9186 6 years ago

I haven't moved v21 to stable yet. Of those that have been testing I'm not getting the double eject issues like before, but really want to play it save before everyone gets heir hands on it.

#9187 6 years ago

I'm not sure what code you are on, but V20 added a bunch and V21 has added more. I think he has either moved V21 to stable or close to doing so.
I find with this game, I play one of several ways depending on my mood and how much whiskey I've been drinking. My wife doesn't care for the game (doesn't like it cussing at her, cussing and adult is ok, but she doesn't like it coming at her) so I tend to play by myself later in the evenings (like midnight).
If I'm going for points, I go after H1KC right away and LDG, I need to get a run on that and get started. I'll also go for a mode or two for points and that's about all I concentrate on. BTW You can restart H1KC to complete it. The modes kick my butt. V21 the jackpots move during LDG so it's not a ramp fest.
Now if I get tired of multiballs/points, then I concentrate on the modes. That's an entirely different game and so much so we've played dollar games and the winner is who completes the most modes (LDG does count, but you have to finish it).
Then if I'm just shooting and exploring I try and get the GOBER finished, cards, robot, some modes, maybe living dead girl, but not necessarily H1KC. I'm more interested in getting everything going.
Oh and I always want to hit pop bumpers, just something about getting a peep show

I'm on v20, waiting on v21 to go final.

I agree with what you say, but it doesn't really address what I'm seeing. If I want to have a good game, I end up shooting ramps more than anything else. It's not quite as true if I'm playing for modes, but still you have Dragula (all ramps), Superbeast (all ramps), AW (60% ramps), and mutliball after each one (which is mostly ramps). The jackpots do move in v20 as well, so that really helped that issue.

I tend to loop the ramp for CHOP, then pass to the right before I shoot at the drop. I also loop for CHOP before shooting at the right orbit. I'm often reminded that "Pussy Liqours is the best!", then I miss the right orbit. After getting back under control, I'm afraid to go for it again, so I loop the ramp some more.

It's not as easy as turning off CHOP because the game is hard enough with it. That's why I'm asking. Am I playing too conservatively, or is the game set up in a way that leads toward too many ramp shots?

Maybe an option that would prevent CHOP from being restarted until a shot is made?

You say that once you're low on balls in HO1KC, you trap one and throw the other at the pops. Does anyone else loop the ramp instead? Which is the better play? I know the pops are more more fun, but I think I have a better chance of completing when I shoot the ramp.

#9188 6 years ago

Last night I played for a couple hours and began playing solely focused on HO1K. After multiple failed attempts I switched to modes trying to complete as many as possible.

The different ways this game can be approached makes it super fun. V20 was a huge leap in the software and from his posts it seems like he's got some more ideas to make the game that much better.

Also I've not seen the double eject show up while playing the beta v21

#9189 6 years ago

They'll settle a little higher than $5K down the road I think. There are a few priced below average (like mine) but Im trying to raise funds right now. Time will tell.

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

#9190 6 years ago

So, I don't think it will go up by very much if it does. Some people don't like the layout. The new software is awesome and hopefully it will bring in more players. I love my AMH but that price is low and there's only 150.

Quoted from herg:

I have never gotten 1000 corpses on the first try. Luckily it holds your previous total so on my second try I usually get to 1000.

If there were one thing I would change, it would be between dragula and superbeast. They are very similar with the ramp shot being the mode. Still love the whole package though.

#9191 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

So, I don't think it will go up by very much if it does. Some people don't like the layout. The new software is awesome and hopefully it will bring in more players. I love my AMH but that price is low and there's only 150.

I have never gotten 1000 corpses on the first try. Luckily it holds your previous total so on my second try I usually get to 1000.
If there were one thing I would change, it would be between dragula and superbeast. They are very similar with the ramp shot being the mode. Still love the whole package though.

Dragula is the easy mode version of superbeast.

In superbeast you are forced to avoid any of the targets. One wrong move and you need to regain control.

#9192 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In superbeast you are forced to avoid any of the targets. One wrong move and you need to regain control.

You know how there is a secret shot for Superbeast to complete the mode instead of hitting the ramp, do you have plans for any other modes to include a similar shot? I'm not sure I'll ever be able to complete American Witch haha - that right orbit is pure evil.

#9193 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

American Witch haha - that right orbit is pure evil.

Ive completed it ONCE then immediately drained mid celebration dance

#9194 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It's not as easy as turning off CHOP because the game is hard enough with it. That's why I'm asking. Am I playing too conservatively, or is the game set up in a way that leads toward too many ramp shots?

I think you may be playing too conservatively, I'm aiming to be great at the game and to be able to make all of the shots while being able to regain control.

I normally appreciate getting the chop going, but it's not my focus before every shot. Partially because I'm to impatient and it just seems tedious so I don't do it all the time. I really like the CHOP idea, but maybe it should have some limits because it could be exploited like you're explaining.

#9195 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Still love the whole package though.

I want to love it. As it sits, a few nagging issues keep me from it.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Except that the ramp shot is so easy that it's rare to make any mistake on either of them. As a result, both modes blend into one another. Even if I do miss a shot, the timer hardly ever ends up expiring, nor do I hit too many pops or slings.

I'm really not trying to be difficult, I just want the game to be as good as possible. I have a TNA on the way, and I will have to move one game along. RZ and IM are on the bubble. I feel like there's more to see in RZ, but I'm coming away from it feeling like it's missing something. IM, I've done everything except DoD multiball, and that's never going to happen. I am having more fun with it, though.

I think you may be playing too conservatively, I'm aiming to be great at the game and to be able to make all of the shots while being able to regain control.
I normally appreciate getting the chop going, but it's not my focus before every shot. Partially because I'm to impatient and it just seems tedious so I don't do it all the time. I really like the CHOP idea, but maybe it should have some limits because it could be exploited like you're explaining.

You could be right. I may just need to let loose a little more. I wouldn't say I'm setting up CHOP before every shot, but it's enough that it's getting boring. I could just decide to not do it, but then I feel like I'm purposefully not playing to 100% within the rules. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of limiting the CHOP somehow. Not time, since then you have the loophole of timing it out. Something like once it's started, you have to hit a non-ramp shot to re-enable it.

#9196 6 years ago

I dont agree the ramp is a lock -
I screw up superbeast all the time

#9197 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Except that the ramp shot is so easy that it's rare to make any mistake on either of them. As a result, both modes blend into one another. Even if I do miss a shot, the timer hardly ever ends up expiring, nor do I hit too many pops or slings

I feel the two easier ramp modes balance out the other more difficult modes.

If every mode was super tough, the game would become too tough for the average dude.

rd

#9198 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I feel the two easier ramp modes balance out the other more difficult modes.
If every mode was super tough, the game would become too tough for the average dude.
rd

That's a good point.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I know. It's just is very similar. If we could hit the ramp then another shot, it wouldn't be, but maybe that's too much. No problem though. I do love how the game is coming along! No disrespect of your hard work intended!

#9199 6 years ago

I decided to try reducing the ball saver for CHOP saves. That way, it takes value away from them for starting it prior to a shot, but doesn't affect their usefulness when a ball is going down the outlane. I think this will force me to use them as intended more often. The one drawback is that there is not a separate setting for a CHOP ball save vs a "normal" ball save. Any chance a setting could be added?

#9200 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I decided to try reducing the ball saver for CHOP saves. That way, it takes value away from them for starting it prior to a shot, but doesn't affect their usefulness when a ball is going down the outlane. I think this will force me to use them as intended more often. The one drawback is that there is not a separate setting for a CHOP ball save vs a "normal" ball save. Any chance a setting could be added?

I like the idea of a shorter chop save and longer normal ball save. That'd be a great addition.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.