Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 211.
#8901 2 years ago

I also think that the infected mode triggering after a second failed attempt at a mode would be good. But also keeping it for attempting a mode you've previously completed would be neat as well.

More mini wizard modes would be cool. I have little hope of ever getting to hell bound.

#8902 2 years ago

I really like the infected mode as it is. I know that this isn't for everyone, but at some point score will be important for competitive play. If a person could repeatedly play What! over and over and over again without penalty, then you need to make one right orbit shot to play a risk free mode. I would also be fine if there was something like Mustang, where completed modes are not available to play again and mode pick up where you left off if they weren't completed. The other option would be to not be able to play a mode after completion and make it worthless until you do complete it, but honestly, I think the infected idea fits perfectly with how brutal this game is. It's more dramatic! Imagine PAPA finals and elimination rests on completion of an infected mode!

#8903 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I really like the infected mode as it is. I know that this isn't for everyone, but at some point score will be important for competitive play. If a person could repeatedly play What! over and over and over again without penalty, then you need to make one right orbit shot to play a risk free mode. I would also be fine if there was something like Mustang, where completed modes are not available to play again and mode pick up where you left off if they weren't completed. The other option would be to not be able to play a mode after completion and make it worthless until you do complete it, but honestly, I think the infected idea fits perfectly with how brutal this game is. It's more dramatic! Imagine PAPA finals and elimination rests on completion of an infected mode!

What we've been asking for doesn't change what you're asking for. We're saying add Infected to ANY replayed mode whether it had already been won or not. This would still accomplish what you're asking for, but would also introduce Infected more commonly into normal play any time someone retried a failed mode. This would create the same type of risk-reward system even for failed modes, since trying one you hadn't attempted yet would be safer than taking a second stab at one you failed. I think it's the best solution.

#8904 2 years ago

It would be nice to be able to play it once its working

#8905 2 years ago

Infected will still reverse flippers correct?

#8906 2 years ago

Let's talk about the real downfall of this game. It needs more boobs! In fact I don't even care about the score just leaves boobs permanently on the DMD lol

#8907 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

its supposed to be a punishment for replaying a mode you already beat. If you play it a gain and fail, you go into infection mode. The universe doesn't want me to enable it.

That is fawsma. Hopefully it doesn't fight with you too much longer LOL. And is having infected modes turned on the reason why the vuk fuse blows? I know that sounds kind of odd but someone suggested that could be the reason.

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Check the fuses, good chance the one on the far left blew

It was the fuse indeed. Took me a bit to find them. Not used to those black clip things. Took a run to the electronic store and it is up and running now.

#8909 2 years ago

Finally showed v20 who's boss.

IMG_20170721_225432408 (resized).jpg

#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Sheesh, haven't had a score like that since a few versions back. I assume you hit all 1000 corpses? That tends to make a big dent in score.

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Sheesh, haven't had a score like that since a few versions back. I assume you hit all 1000 corpses? That tends to make a big dent in score.

Yeah, I collected over 1,300 corpses. That sent me from about 30k to 100k in one ball.

#8912 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

holy cow that is a sweet score
I have some serious practicing to do to be anywhere near that.
-Mike

#8913 2 years ago

I had to have the glass off of my RZ this afternoon. Last night I had noticed some phantom pops from the lower right kicker. Sure enough, the switch was all bent to hell. It was easy enough to straighten it back out and gap it properly. These modern switches are so flimsy compared to the old school ones I'm used to. I have a feeling this is going to get bent back again with use.

While I had the glass off, I took the opportunity to wipe down the playfield, and replaced the flipper rubbers. They were getting a little chewed up at the tips. Good as new, now.

This and a broken flipper spring are the only issues I've had with the game. Spooky is building a remarkably reliable pinball machine.

IMG_3414 (resized).jpg

#8914 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I had to have the glass off of my RZ this afternoon. Last night I had noticed some phantom pops from the lower right kicker. Sure enough, the switch was all bent to hell. It was easy enough to straighten it back out and gap it properly. These modern switches are so flimsy compared to the old school ones I'm used to. I have a feeling this is going to get bent back again with use.
While I had the glass off, I took the opportunity to wipe down the playfield, and replaced the flipper rubbers. They were getting a little chewed up at the tips. Good as new, now.
This and a broken flipper spring are the only issues I've had with the game. Spooky is building a remarkably reliable pinball machine.

Personally I didn't think they are flimsy. The opposite. Super stiff whitch makes then a beat to adjust. I think the blades are of a stiffer material.
Just my humble opinion.

#8915 2 years ago

Yeah, you may be right on that. I thought the old switches used a heavier gauge metal, but I just looked over an old Bally, and if it is any thicker, it's not by much. I retract that part of my comment.

#8916 2 years ago

Ran into a weird error when I restarted mid game by holding the start button. The new game started without music and the display as shown in the attached.

IMG_20170724_195218 (resized).jpg

#8917 2 years ago

I've ran into my display going wonky a couple times and normally with it follows the call outs and animations generally are lagging behind the switch hits

#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I've ran into my display going wonky a couple times and normally with it follows the call outs and animations generally are lagging behind the switch hits

When you get a chance if that happens again, go into the switch menu and see if you have any stuck switches.

#8919 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Ran into a weird error when I restarted mid game by holding the start button. The new game started without music and the display as shown in the attached.

What version are you running?

#8920 2 years ago

every time i play video mode it causes a bug where the you cant chose next mode straight away, original music wont come back(8 bit track stays on) you cant lock balls and you cant restart modes with left orbit. Have a lot of issues also with blank screens and ball trough issues as noted by other owners.

#8921 2 years ago

fawzmagames If a game is updated with a class 2 (slow) SD card and updates successfully, can the SD card just be swapped with a mirror image (copied properly after unzipping to separate folder) on a class 10 SD card, or would you have to go through the update process again even though it's the same code version?

#8922 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

fawzmagames If a game is updated with a class 2 (slow) SD card and updates successfully, can the SD card just be swapped with a mirror image (copied properly after unzipping to separate folder) on a class 10 SD card, or would you have to go through the update process again even though it's the same code version?

Hrmm technically it should work. But it would be faster to just format the class 10 card (quick format is ok) and copy files back over.

#8923 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Hrmm technically it should work. But it would be faster to just format the class 10 card (quick format is ok) and copy files back over.

Yes, that is what I meant. Format the card, copy the files, replace slow card with fast card, but no update is required since the MPU is already flashed with the updated game code. Thanks!

#8924 2 years ago

Finally topped 100 million on this game!

20170725_220216 (resized).jpg

#8925 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What version are you running?

v20, infected mode is off.

#8926 2 years ago

This mystery plastic piece came off during a game the other night. I first saw it towards the center of the playfield then it slid down towards the flippers. I looked over the PF and couldn't find where it came from. I'm sure it doesn't matter that much but I'm curious now. Anybody have an idea what it's from? It's maybe 1/4" wide

20170725_175711 (resized).jpg

#8927 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Finally topped 100 million on this game!

getting to 10 million is hard....

#8928 2 years ago

This mystery plastic piece came off during a game the other night. I first saw it towards the center of the playfield then it slid down towards the flippers. I looked over the PF and couldn't find where it came from. I'm sure it doesn't matter that much but I'm curious now. Anybody have an idea what it's from? It's maybe 1/4" wide

I bet it's the bottom left tab on the Rob Zombie plastic on top of the ramp! Mine broke off in the first week.

#8929 2 years ago

OK, so had a weird bug last night. On v20, infected off.

We were playing a 2 player game. A ball got stuck on top of the robot pop bumper and didn't come off with ball search (maybe make the robot move more during ball search?). So the game kicked another ball out which was cool at first since we could play and finished our games.

Then we started another 2 player game, game said a ball was missing, but the game started. However, once the ball that was stuck came unstuck, things got weird. When one of the balls drained, the game showed the ball over bonuses, etc., player cycled, and another ball kicked out. I can almost expect this. Then the 'extra' ball that was floating around the playfield drained. No ball over animation that I remember from that one.

Now from this point forward (above happened on ball one) the game would randomly end the ball in the middle of playing the ball. It did this for all remaining balls of the 2 player game.

A reboot seemed to fix it, but if it sounds like a hardware issue, let me know what to look for and I can check that tonight/tomorrow. It really felt like maybe a memory stomp or the total ball count in the trough got off and stayed off. It probably would have been better to not allow a game to start if a ball was missing, but it was really nice to start the games without taking glass off to fix the ball since balls can get stuck on RZ where you can't even see them but they usually come out when you play.

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

We were playing a 2 player game. A ball got stuck on top of the robot pop bumper and didn't come off with ball search (maybe make the robot move more during ball search?). So the game kicked another ball out which was cool at first since we could play and finished our games.
Then we started another 2 player game, game said a ball was missing, but the game started. However, once the ball that was stuck came unstuck, things got weird. When one of the balls drained, the game showed the ball over bonuses, etc., player cycled, and another ball kicked out. I can almost expect this. Then the 'extra' ball that was floating around the playfield drained. No ball over animation that I remember from that one.
Now from this point forward (above happened on ball one) the game would randomly end the ball in the middle of playing the ball. It did this for all remaining balls of the 2 player game.
A reboot seemed to fix it, but if it sounds like a hardware issue, let me know what to look for and I can check that tonight/tomorrow. It really felt like maybe a memory stomp or the total ball count in the trough got off and stayed off. It probably would have been better to not allow a game to start if a ball was missing, but it was really nice to start the games without taking glass off to fix the ball since balls can get stuck on RZ where you can't even see them but they usually come out when you play.

I'm aware of this. I need to find a better way of detecting when a missing ball becomes found. Right now when it kicks a ball on search, it reduces the number of balls available. when a ball comes back into play.. how does the game know the ball draining is the extra or original. Right now, the game just assumes if a ball goes missing.. its really missing till the glass comes off and is found.

I have an idea for a fix.. just need to get back on it..

#8931 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm aware of this. I need to find a better way of detecting when a missing ball becomes found. Right now when it kicks a ball on search, it reduces the number of balls available. when a ball comes back into play.. how does the game know the ball draining is the extra or original. Right now, the game just assumes if a ball goes missing.. its really missing till the glass comes off and is found.
I have an idea for a fix.. just need to get back on it..

Best thing is probably when a ball drains, start a 3-5s timer and wait for a switch hit. If you detect any then consider the ball 'found' and let the player finish playing with the ball causing switch hits on the playfield. If you don't detect any switch hits, end the ball, kick out a new ball and cycle player. You're in a degraded state so it's ok if it takes a few seconds to detect end of ball or between players.

After that ball drains if you're at full capacity, then just continue as normal. If not, then start timer again and look for more switch hits.

I think something like that would fix you up and wouldn't be very noticeable to the player.

#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

exact same thing happened to me last night - i ended up powering off and powering back up and it worked again

#8933 2 years ago

My new addition to the dragula ramp on my machine. Yes, thats grampa car from the munsters.

IMG_0722 (resized).JPG
IMG_0721 (resized).JPG

#8934 2 years ago

How do you actually score points on this on v20? I used to do 20-30mil easy, now
Im averaging 3-5mil with 10mil being a great game. Where are the points?

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

How do you actually score points on this on v20? I used to do 20-30mil easy, now
Im averaging 3-5mil with 10mil being a great game. Where are the points?

My average scores went way down with v20 also , which is a good thing because the game does feel more balanced for scoring now . Points are in completing modes and doing well on the multiballs . If you can complete around 3 modes and pick up a few super jackpots your average scores should be in the 20 millions . Huge score boost comes from completing house of 1,000 corpses , but that is tough . On v20 I have not completed it with just one time there , takes me 2 times there to complete. There has been a few games I went twice to house of 1,000 corpses and did not complete it

#8936 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

My average scores went way down with v20 also , which is a good thing because the game does feel more balanced for scoring now . Points are in completing modes and doing well on the multiballs . If you can complete around 3 modes and pick up a few super jackpots your average scores should be in the 20 millions . Huge score boost comes from completing house of 1,000 corpses , but that is tough . On v20 I have not completed it with just one time there , takes me 2 times there to complete. There has been a few games I went twice to house of 1,000 corpses and did not complete it

Yeah, what he said

#8937 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It definitely makes the game a lot harder - the upside is when you have people over and they don't understand that you need to beat modes (which non-pinballers don't) it's going to be pretty hard for them to win.

#8938 2 years ago

I also like to start with "what " mode . This is because I consider it a no risk mode , meaning if I don't complete the mode and drain from the upper playfield I don't lose my ball . If I do complete it I get a multiball and one step closer to getting the extra ball lit for mode completions .

#8939 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I also like to start with "what " mode . This is because I consider it a no risk mode

That's good thinking ... I usually start with Superbeast because it's the easiest and I can dial in the ramp shot. And I can tap my foot to the rocking sounds.

rd

#8940 2 years ago

Reached my highest ever on HO1K collecting 859! It was such an intense multiball! Love this game!

Now I've gotta go stack cash for TNA! Damn those Spooky people for making such fun games

#8941 2 years ago

That looks like the tab that curls under at the base of the gas pump.

#8942 2 years ago
Quoted from 911Paramedic:

That looks like the tab that curls under at the base of the gas pump.

Someone correctly identified it was from the plastic on top of the ZOMBIE ramp. The plastic is still secured so I don't see any issue with the missing piece.

#8943 2 years ago

Just topped 100 million again ! ... barely. I really liked this game before ,but v20 just put it over the top and I now consider Rob Zombie my favorite game . Congrats and thank you team spooky .

20170729_222327 (resized).jpg

#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Just topped 100 million again ! ... barely. I really liked this game before ,but v20 just put it over the top and I now consider Rob Zombie my favorite game . Congrats and thank you team spooky .

Strategy? Just beat modes?

#8945 2 years ago

Is it just me, or during Ho1k, do the X targets not show your multiplier in v20?

#8946 2 years ago

So I think my RZ was made with Houdini influences. Twice now it has made a ball disappear. The first time I found the ball trapped under the upper playfield in between some ball guides. I had to used a little magnetic reach tool to get it out. Last night I had people over and at some point in the night a friend told me that a ball was missing from the game. Sure enough the trough only had 6. I can't find the other ball anywhere.

Anyone else have this happen and where did you find it? I've seen balls get stuck in the slings but it's not there. Really confusing

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Strategy? Just beat modes?

Yes ,for me it is all about beating the modes . On that game I completed only completed 4 of them but got a decent amount of super jackpots on the multiballs . 3 modes completed lights extra ball ,collecting that helps . I also try to lock 3 balls and go to house of 1,000 corpses on ball one . It usually takes me 2 times going there to complete so getting there on ball one means I have 2 more balls to try to get there again .

#8948 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So I think my RZ was made with Houdini influences. Twice now it has made a ball disappear. The first time I found the ball trapped under the upper playfield in between some ball guides. I had to used a little magnetic reach tool to get it out. Last night I had people over and at some point in the night a friend told me that a ball was missing from the game. Sure enough the trough only had 6. I can't find the other ball anywhere.
Anyone else have this happen and where did you find it? I've seen balls get stuck in the slings but it's not there. Really confusing

Look down in the cabinet , I once had an airball go over the shooter rod cover and fall down into the cabinet.

#8949 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Check the VUK.

#8950 2 years ago

It's not in the VUK nor in the base of the cabinet. I'm assuming it's buried somewhere under the upper playfield. Which happened once and I found it. Not in that same place this time though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
4,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Draper, UT
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside