2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 223.
#8851 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

OK so I finally get er set up. After several games the VUK stopped working. The switch registers in switch test. The wires on the coil are fine as well as the diode on the coil. It does not fire in solenoid test. Did the transistor blow? I would call spooky but it is after hours. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

Check the fuses, good chance the one on the far left blew

#8852 6 years ago

Ok sweet. Thanks for the info!!!!!!! Will check today!

#8853 6 years ago

I picked up a Rob Zombie this week. I am getting acquainted with the game and having fun playing it.

I have noticed what I think is a small issue with the robot. His eyes do light up but apparently the light in the middle of his body is out and does not light. I also think he is misaligned slightly as his arms are not quite pointing straight at the radio. He is just slightly cocked to the right. When you send a ball up the left ramp to start a mode he does make a good right turn. The orientation just seems to be off just a little.

Otherwise I believe the game is playing fine and it is on V20 code.

How hard is it to get the robot oriented to 100% correct position ? He is pretty close. Probably ok as is . What about the light in his mid section ? Guesses - burnt out bulb or not seated correctly ?

#8854 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I have noticed what I think is a small issue with the robot. His eyes do light up but apparently the light in the middle of his body is out and does not light. I also think he is misaligned as his arms are not quite pointing straight at the radio. He is slightly cocked to the right.

This should fix your problem had to replace my robot servo about a year ago and you can check the led in pop bumper while apart watch the whole video.

Link to YouTube from spooky

#8855 6 years ago

I took a much closer look at the robot. (edited my post #8853) The alignment is really just slightly off. I pulled the playfield glass and by hand ran the ball up the left ramp and when you select a mode the robot actually is making a nice full right hand turn. I was probably not seeing this real well in a flurry of activity while playing the game - the game is very new to me. My first experience to this game is just this week ! I did repeat and check the robots movement during mode process a few times - movement is OK !

This just leaves the LED in his mid section being out. Doing some further search in this thread I have discovered some people with the game have thought the light from the mid section of the robot can be distracting if it lines up with your line of sight while playing the game. That being the case I will probably stand pat for now. From what I read pulling the robot and reinstalling him is no fun process. I don't think I want to pull him just to get at that LED in the pop bumper. Especially if some have found having that light out is beneficial to them in some instances. I really didn't notice it until I started watching some videos trying to learn a little about the game. I didn't even know there was a light in there until viewing a few videos.

All very new to me - but I am having a blast playing this pin !

#8856 6 years ago

@NoQuarters...Cool if it doesn't bother you enjoy playing!! Pm me in the future if you need help, had mine apart a few times once for bad servo then again because of led being loose from me replacing with a new one. It definitely can be a chore to get aligned properly (mine still is a bit off )

#8857 6 years ago

OK so I finally get er set up. After several games the VUK stopped working. The switch registers in switch test. The wires on the coil are fine as well as the diode on the coil. It does not fire in solenoid test. Did the transistor blow? I would call spooky but it is after hours. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

Happened to me today as well. It was the fuse.

#8858 6 years ago

Thanks @blacktoothgrin.

New Question:

I'm mostly an EM and Early SS guy and so this is my first real experience with truly more modern pins. Is there a short video somewhere or can someone explain the procedure to using the buttons in the coin door and flippers and so forth to explore and navigate the menus, audits, and settings and such for RZ ?

Thanks for helping me foray out from my comfort of old timey pinball into the modern age...

#8859 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Thanks blacktoothgrin.
New Question:
I'm mostly an EM and Early SS guy and so this is my first real experience with truly more modern pins. Is there a short video somewhere or can someone explain the procedure to using the buttons in the coin door and flippers and so forth to explore and navigate the menus, audits, and settings and such for RZ ?
Thanks for helping me foray out from my comfort of old timey pinball into the modern age...

no videos as of yet (something we are working on), but basically green means "GO" as "go further into the menu" and red means "STOP" or "back out of the menu." flipper buttons will navigate you through the menus and sub menus.

is there a certain feature or setting you are looking for?

#8860 6 years ago

Yep in my case having infected mode turned on definitely kills the graphic when choosing a mode.

Also have a new high for me...

IMG_3715 (resized).JPGIMG_3715 (resized).JPG

#8861 6 years ago

I might sell my apron mod if anyone is interested. Shoot me a pm if you are interested. It is unused and still sitting in the box from SFGE.

Decided to keep the mod after speaking with FawzmaGames .... can't say it enough... spooky customer support and their efforts to make their customers happy is on point... a few other companies could take some notes from them

#8862 6 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I might sell my apron mod if anyone is interested. Shoot me a pm if you are interested. It is unused and still sitting in the box from SFGE.

PM sent, don't sell, I want to update the contents and get to someone already waiting

#8863 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

no videos as of yet (something we are working on), but basically green means "GO" as "go further into the menu" and red means "STOP" or "back out of the menu." flipper buttons will navigate you through the menus and sub menus.
is there a certain feature or setting you are looking for?

General knowledge in case I want to change something as I get some experience and familiarity playing the game. Check audits to see how many games have been played, that sort of thing.

Just thought there might be a video out there that showed this. A little demo tutorial video would be a good idea.

#8864 6 years ago

I've run into air balls from the #2 serial killer target slamming into the Robot and sending it off center after repeated blows. I had to replace the servo once and I'm pretty sure it was from this type of thing happening again and again over the last few months. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to minimize air balls off that target? Otherwise the game plays amazing.

#8865 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I've run into air balls from the #2 serial killer target slamming into the Robot and sending it off center after repeated blows. I had to replace the servo once and I'm pretty sure it was from this type of thing happening again and again over the last few months. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to minimize air balls off that target? Otherwise the game plays amazing.

From Leachdude several pages back: Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting

#8866 6 years ago

jimbeam42 thanks for that. I must have missed that during all the V20 hype and discussion. I'll have to look into that.

#8867 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

jimbeam42 thanks for that. I must have missed that during all the V20 hype and discussion. I'll have to look into that.

Definitely try it, I didn't think I was having many airballs until I really started paying attention. Then I put a rubber behind it and cut it off at the top of the metal bracket and there are very few now.

I'm going to try the same trick on my GB next time I'm in it. I had added extra foam to do the same thing, but I think the black rubber will last longer.

#8868 6 years ago

Got the Green LED in my Robots mid section lit. It was just loose.

I just took an old small fine handled paintbrush I had and carefully pushed the rounded end of the handle tip down lightly on the face of surface of the bulb between a couple of the LED's. Turned the machine back on and ol Robbie's Belly lit right up. There is just enough space between the pop cap to carefully press that LED back down without taking the Robot off or mess with the pop.

Passing this along in case your Robot's belly quits glowing after moving your game etc. Might just be a loose LED that can be re-seated without any extra undue fuss or unnecessary work.

#8869 6 years ago

This past weekend I had the left most fuse blow. I don't beleive it was from the VUK either. I first noticed it after LDG when the HO10K target would not reset.

First time that one blew. Just giving feedback.
Thanks.

#8870 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I haven't tried it yet myself. Thinking I will have to try something soon though, as I get some wicked air balls off of it.

#8871 6 years ago

Blew the damn VUK fuse tonight. So it looks like majority of them are 3A slow blow. Another was a 3A fast blow and the GI appeared to be a 1A slow blow. Does that all sound correct to everyone? I assume these are the 1 1/4" fuses?

#8872 6 years ago

Just ordered a Pin Stadium kit with UV flashers! I'll post some pictures when I get it installed!

#8873 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Blew the damn VUK fuse tonight. So it looks like majority of them are 3A slow blow. Another was a 3A fast blow and the GI appeared to be a 1A slow blow. Does that all sound correct to everyone? I assume these are the 1 1/4" fuses?

I don't know the values but they are the smaller than older pinball size. Called 5x20mm

#8874 6 years ago

Pinball Life sells the fuses you need. Click on the link and choose 3AMPs

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1580
Choose An Amperage : GMC 3 AMP

#8875 6 years ago

We've had reports or people buying fuses off Ebay/Amazon only to find they aren't exactly what they expected.

#8876 6 years ago

Pinball life order completed. I now habe enough to last for awhile! Thanks for the help everyone

#8877 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Definitely try it, I didn't think I was having many airballs until I really started paying attention. Then I put a rubber behind it and cut it off at the top of the metal bracket and there are very few now.

I'm going to try the same trick on my GB next time I'm in it. I had added extra foam to do the same thing, but I think the black rubber will last longer.

Can you post a picture of what you've done? I tried looking at this last night and I can't wrap my head around the changes for some reason. (could have been the beer I had first)

#8878 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Can you post a picture of what you've done? I tried looking at this last night and I can't wrap my head around the changes for some reason. (could have been the beer I had first)

Still working great on my machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8879 6 years ago

What does collecting robots do? I love the feature but probably haven't collected enough to see if it's just more than points.
Also, anyone know if Rob Zombie (the actual person) updated his game? I'm curious if he understood how or if he even cares.

#8880 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Still working great on my machine.

Good work. Thanks for the photo. I get it now. I'll have to give it a try on mine next time I have the glass off.

Greatly appreciated.

#8881 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What does collecting robots do? I love the feature but probably haven't collected enough to see if it's just more than points.
Also, anyone know if Rob Zombie (the actual person) updated his game? I'm curious if he understood how or if he even cares.

I was curious about the robots as well so I popped the glass off and tossed the ball around. I built 10 and it didn't start another mode. I'm guessing it was added to make you feel like you were accomplishing something when hitting certain switches as opposed to a random number of points being added. Now you get said points with noises and animations. I like it but like you was curious if building so many triggered another mode which so far it doesn't seem to

#8882 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I was curious about the robots as well so I popped the glass off and tossed the ball around. I built 10 and it didn't start another mode. I'm guessing it was added to make you feel like you were accomplishing something when hitting certain switches as opposed to a random number of points being added. Now you get said points with noises and animations. I like it but like you was curious if building so many triggered another mode which so far it doesn't seem to

Thanks. Maybe something is coming in the future. I do like the animations and sounds.

#8883 6 years ago

Robots are for later.

As for Rob Zombie, if I had to guess, I'm pretty sure his is on V15 forever.

#8884 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Robots are for later

There Fawzma goes again leaving us all in wait for his next awesome addition to the game! So glad I was able to get one of these. Super fun game. I just wish I was better

#8885 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Robots are for later.

Im sure Charlie will be keen to pay a visit and update the code for him ....

rd

#8886 6 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Happened to me today as well. It was the fuse.

Ok thanks. Still haven't got back to the machine to check yet but will before the weekend.

#8887 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yep in my case having infected mode turned on definitely kills the graphic when choosing a mode.
Also have a new high for me...

I turned infected modes off and now I have my mode change options back on my display. Thanks for the help! What are infected modes anyways?

#8888 6 years ago

I turned infected modes off and now I have my mode change options back on my display. Thanks for the help! What are infected modes anyways?

its supposed to be a punishment for replaying a mode you already beat. If you play it a gain and fail, you go into infection mode. The universe doesn't want me to enable it.

#8889 6 years ago

I hope you can get the infected mode sorted out. I played it once the night rev 20 dropped and managed to complete it. I thought it was super fun. Might even be cool if you got it to work to reverse the flippers or some othe funky stuff.

#8890 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Robots are for later.

Just from interviews I've seen he seems to be a very intelligent guy. Probably just depends on his level of pinball interest and computer knowledge.

I'm curious what his machine # is.

Also to weigh in on the air-balls off the #2 target, I put a post rubber behind it a while ago when it was first suggested. It completely eliminated the air-balls off that target. Great idea.

#8891 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

its supposed to be a punishment for replaying a mode you already beat. If you play it a gain and fail, you go into infection mode. The universe doesn't want me to enable it.

Infection mode sounds super fun, but I feel like you would never really get it, or at least you would be able to easily avoid it, in normal gameplay. Most people are playing to complete all the modes, not trying to exploit a single one. Infected seems like it would be better implemented if it happened after failing a mode on any additional try, regardless of whether it has already been won or not. To me, this would make it much more strategic deciding whether to make a second attempt at a failed mode or go for a safer 1st try mode. Also, since everyone says this mode is a ton of fun, it would allow you to see it within the course of normal gameplay. If it stays as only available after winning and then failing a mode, I'll never see it unless I specifically try to get it since I never replay a completed mode a second time.

#8892 6 years ago

I have a question about ball save.
I noticed on some of my other games there seems to be a split second after the ball save light goes off that you can still save it. For example a ball bouncing around in the trough entrance.
On RZ I noticed if it's off it's off.

#8893 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I noticed on some of my other games there seems to be a split second after the ball save light goes off that you can still save it. For example a ball bouncing around in the trough entrance.

I'd have to double check but the light should go out a couple seconds before the save actually ends. This could be part of the ballsave/eject/new ball issue that's been reported.

#8894 6 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Just from interviews I've seen he seems to be a very intelligent guy. Probably just depends on his level of pinball interest and computer knowledge.
I'm curious what his machine # is.

I do believe, with a fair amount of certainty, that Rob Zombie has number 0 or perhaps 000.

So, while there have only been 300 production versions of the game, my understanding was there are a few more machines that were built. For the exact number, I would ask Charlie.

#8895 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Infection mode sounds super fun, but I feel like you would never really get it, or at least you would be able to easily avoid it, in normal gameplay. Most people are playing to complete all the modes, not trying to exploit a single one. Infected seems like it would be better implemented if it happened after failing a mode on any additional try, regardless of whether it has already been won or not. To me, this would make it much more strategic deciding whether to make a second attempt at a failed mode or go for a safer 1st try mode. Also, since everyone says this mode is a ton of fun, it would allow you to see it within the course of normal gameplay. If it stays as only available after winning and then failing a mode, I'll never see it unless I specifically try to get it since I never replay a completed mode a second time.

I haven't played v.20 yet, but this is exactly what I've been thinking. I don't know why I would play a mode again after completing it. My main goal is to play and complete all the modes adding in multipliers at certain points. I like the idea of a punishment for perhaps, not completing a mode after 2 tries.

#8896 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Don't know about in v20, but in prior versions, there was definitely time after the light goes off that ball save still 'saved'.

#8897 6 years ago

So with the new code can you still play the same mode over and over.

#8898 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I do believe, with a fair amount of certainty, that Rob Zombie has number 0 or perhaps 000.
So, while there have only been 300 production versions of the game, my understanding was there are a few more machines that were built. For the exact number, I would ask Charlie.

his number is 666

#8899 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

So with the new code can you still play the same mode over and over.

yes you can

#8900 6 years ago

I like the idea of infected mode occurring anytime a mode is played after the 1st attempt. If you didn't finish it, then there is more risk to trying. This sounds great.

Otherwise pretty sure I'd never see it since I just try to complete the modes and I am not about to choose one I've completed again on purpose.

Question, is there a mini wizard for completing so many modes instead of all of them? Or maybe for starting all of the modes? Both of those options give us less then perfect players a reward to shoot for. I don't think I've even started all the modes, let alone complete them all yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/178?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.