2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 223.
#8751 6 years ago

Had a pretty good game on new code.. completed 4 modes and LDG, and really rocked the post-mode multiballs, also played HO1K twice and wound up w 1470 corpses. Game is just damn fun, so much better overall, and feels complete now.

One thing that does still bother me is the scoring imbalance with HO1K.. almost half my score came from that multiball, but the time spent in it, and skills required to start and play it--even twice-- are so much lower than time/skills spent in the rest of the game. May I suggest a scoring change: for HO1K, award 1 million points immediately for every 100 corpses collected, then, say 20 million for the 1000th corpse.. maybe boost the scoring (1.25million/25million? ) for the next thousand, etc. Still the most valuable goal in regular play but doesn't overpower the rest of the game as much.

Also, are the UPF callouts now tied to which switch you hit? I'm hearing lots more chicken, and hardly any "don't block the pumps asshole!" type calls.. the design of the UPF means you'll hit the chicken probably 10x more than the gas, so hoping the gasoline calls can be had from either switch.

Sorry for the nitpicks, but that shows just how f'n good the rest of the code is now

rz (resized).jpgrz (resized).jpg

#8752 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

That seems to be normal now I have gotten video mode quite a few times on the new code and it has done this every single time . Getting to choose another mode after completing the video mode was one of the reasons to go for the video mode instead of multiball . Don't know if this change was intended or not .

FWIW, I did like the old way, since MB tends to be worth more points... I'd shoot for VM to get a jump on the next mode while sacrificing the higher scoring.

#8753 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Had a pretty good game on new code.. completed 4 modes and really rocked the post-mode multiballs, also played HO1K twice and wound up w 1470 corpses. Game is just damn fun, so much better overall, and feels complete now.
One thing that does still bother me is the scoring imbalance with HO1K.. almost half my score came from that multiball, but the time spent in it, and skills required to start and play it--even twice-- are so much lower than time/skills spent in the rest of the game. May I suggest a scoring change: for HO1K, award 1 million points immediately for every 100 corpses collected, then, say 20 million for the 1000th corpse.. maybe boost the scoring (1.25million/25million? ) for the next thousand, etc. Still the most valuable goal in regular play but doesn't overpower the rest of the game as much.
Also, are the UPF callouts now tied to which switch you hit? I'm hearing lots more chicken, and hardly any "don't block the pumps asshole!" type calls.. the design of the UPF means you'll hit the chicken probably 10x more than the gas, so hoping the gasoline calls can be had from either switch.
Sorry for the nitpicks, but that shows just how f'n good the rest of the code is now

This makes sense, didn't think of scoring this way

#8754 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This makes sense, didn't think of scoring this way

I do also gotta say, I *really really* like the post-mode multiballs now.. the Super JP popping up in different places keeps you on your toes.. with how fast the ramp returns the ball, you got less than a second to identify the Super and either aim to a different shot on the right, or setup a transfer to shoot towards left, all while trying to maintain some semblance of control. The utter chaos that the playfield provides with the 4 slings and exposed pops make these roving shots very challenging (and satisfying) to nail on a regular basis. Awesome work

#8755 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

FWIW, I did like the old way, since MB tends to be worth more points... I'd shoot for VM to get a jump on the next mode while sacrificing the higher scoring.

Yep , that is what I was doing also . I did prefer it that way , but now pinballfantexas has me thinking might be missing something . He could be sitting there laughing his ass off at me now, but since he posted I have gone to video mode a few times and tried to miss everything ( extremely difficult , maybe even impossible) . That 115 million is one hell of a score !! I have yet to break 100 million .Came close before . My best game on the new code so far is just under 30 million I have not gotten house of 1,000 courpses completed with the new code yet though .

#8756 6 years ago

Dang 115mil! I just got my machine a week ago and best I've seen is 12 mil...I'm terrible. When I played the game on location I put up 23 mil and logged the GC on it.

Game is completely different for sure...in a good way. Hopefully a rule sheet will be in the works once code is complete.

I've managed to build 2 robots in a game. Is their a magic number to build? If so, once built what is the next objective?

#8757 6 years ago

Quick question:
In the video it says to "drag and drop," but website states,
"*PLEASE READ*
Do NOT drag the update files from the zip file to the SD CARD."

Which one is it? Thx

#8758 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Quick question:
In the video it says to "drag and drop," but website states,
"*PLEASE READ*
Do NOT drag the update files from the zip file to the SD CARD."
Which one is it? Thx

Don't drag it from the zip folder. Unzip it to a directory, then drag and drop to your freshly formatted SD card.

#8759 6 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Don't drag it from the zip folder. Unzip it to a directory, then drag and drop to your freshly formatted SD card.

Thanks. I just copied and pasted it to the formatted SD card within the directory menus, so I did not "drag" anything. Everything looks good and plays well. Did they remove the nude witch in "American Witch?" All I see is the cat and I'm in adult mode. New code definitely opens up more options.
I enjoy the sleek sound of the pinball speeding through the different orbits.
Happy 4th Spooky!

#8760 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If the SFGE custom message is running on your machine, go into the operator menu and disable it.

I took a couple weeks off of pinball after SFGE. I'm back and see two new versions of V20. Downloading today. Happy 4th.

Why anyone would sell/doubt based on code after an abundance of evidence that it was being worked on tirelessly is beyond me.

#8761 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Dang 115mil! I just got my machine a week ago and best I've seen is 12 mil...I'm terrible. When I played the game on location I put up 23 mil and logged the GC on it.
Game is completely different for sure...in a good way. Hopefully a rule sheet will be in the works once code is complete.
I've managed to build 2 robots in a game. Is their a magic number to build? If so, once built what is the next objective?

I have no idea what the robots do but I do like the sound they make as they are built.

#8762 6 years ago

So far i really like the update - i think the sound balancing just needs work - certain sounds are way louder than others (like when what starts or never gonna stop) and it sounds like it's clipping.

#8763 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks. I just copied and pasted it to the formatted SD card within the directory menus, so I did not "drag" anything. Everything looks good and plays well. Did they remove the nude witch in "American Witch?" All I see is the cat and I'm in adult mode. New code definitely opens up more options.
I enjoy the sleek sound of the pinball speeding through the different orbits.
Happy 4th Spooky!

Do not cop and past from the zip folder to the sd card, it might look like things are ok at first but at some point the game will flake out.

Copy/drag the files from the zip folder to a location on your harddrive. Then copy from hd location to the sd card.

#8764 6 years ago

@fawzmagames, at this point, you and SpookyCharlie should just engrave the update instructions on a plaque next to the board lol

#8765 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

at this point, you and spookycharlie should just engrave the update instructions on a plaque next to the board lol

And it would still get messed up. Ben Heck keeps telling me it will get easier soon. Compared to AMH, this is a piece of cake now! Lol.

Just glad everyone seems happy with the update, and as Fawzma said, we aren't done yet! The last RZ game will leave the shop VERY quickly (matter of days really) but we aren't calling this game done until it's as good as it can be.

Happy 4th everybody!

#8766 6 years ago

updating this game is pretty easy.

#8767 6 years ago

Have to get updated this week now, nice to see regular updates. Any time frame on display aprons shipping out of US?

#8768 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

In the game, set the SFX around 80% and the music around 60%... I like the music loud, but too loud drowns out some of the quotes. Adjust to your liking after playtesting.

Thanks for the tip! Adjust my SFX to 80% and turned the music to about 70 and she rocks now!!

#8770 6 years ago

Played the game a lot yesterday. Feels like a complete game, so much going on. Really happy with how it's coming together, great work guys!

#8771 6 years ago

The more I play the more I like it - It made a really good game better - I also turned sfx down to 80 from 100 (how it was by default) - sounds a bit better.

#8772 6 years ago

The first time loading V20, there did not seem to be any apparent issues. I reloaded due to a new patch for goober mode and now, on occasion, the game stops right in the middle and thinks that I've drained. I also noticed a little trouble with the DMD animations while this problem was present. I thought this maybe related to incorrect code loading on my part so I reloaded V20 last night and it did not correct. This only seems to happen once and a while and I have not figured out what event or sequence of is triggering. Anyone else seeing this? Probably time to hang it up for the holiday for now, it's been a Rob Zombie pinball playing bender for the last couple days. So tired from playing, but having fun with it for sure.

Btw, finally got to play Spooky Minute. Kind of a neat surprise there.

#8773 6 years ago

What is spooky minute,we need a rule sheet for v20

#8774 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I had original code from back when the LE's were built. I updated to this code without a problem. First multiball with new code and upper VUK blew a fuse. Any suggestions?

#8775 6 years ago

Yeah I thought Spooky minute was just something the machine would do at midnight in attract mode. So I basically just sat and watched my machine do nothing....I felt really dumb. So you actually have to be in a game for it to happen?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8776 6 years ago

When playing HO1000 Corpses, any chance of adding some call outs - maybe at 250, 500 and 750 as it is hard to follow how many are being achieved in the franticness?

And I was put off by the real boobies that I saw for the first time Great stuff! Couldn't stop smiling

Also I wonder if I misread the screen as cannot seem to ever get a 3 million shot on WHAT multiball anymore? Did I dream it?!

#8777 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

The first time loading V20, there did not seem to be any apparent issues. I reloaded due to a new patch for goober mode and now, on occasion, the game stops right in the middle and thinks that I've drained. I also noticed a little trouble with the DMD animations while this problem was present. I thought this maybe related to incorrect code loading on my part so I reloaded V20 last night and it did not correct. This only seems to happen once and a while and I have not figured out what event or sequence of is triggering. Anyone else seeing this? Probably time to hang it up for the holiday for now, it's been a Rob Zombie pinball playing bender for the last couple days. So tired from playing, but having fun with it for sure.
Btw, finally got to play Spooky Minute. Kind of a neat surprise there.

when this ball drains, can you get into the menu and go to the switch matrix. can you see if there are any switches active that should not be (all that should be active are the ball trough switches).

thank you

#8778 6 years ago

Hey Russ ,Did 2 balls end up stacked in there when it blew the fuse ? I've had 2 balls go up there and and the vuk was unable to clear them . I turned the game off to get them out , never blew the fuse . Only happened once , and on earlier code but maybe something like this was the source of your problem .

#8779 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I had original code from back when the LE's were built. I updated to this code without a problem. First multiball with new code and upper VUK blew a fuse. Any suggestions?

This is strange

#8780 6 years ago

didnt have time to read this whole thread on the update. but what is up with the attract noise it sounds like some sticking paper into a electric fan ! worst thing ever unless this is a glitch ??

#8781 6 years ago

i winziped onto the sd card . i really do not understand any other way to do this the game is working though . for some of us not so computer savy this whole thing seems complicated

#8782 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

i winziped onto the sd card . i really do not understand any other way to do this the game is working though . for some of us not so computer savy this whole thing seems complicated

Can't do that. Unzip to a folder on you computer then copy from computer to sd

#8783 6 years ago

It's not very complicated, even for non-savvy users.

Make a new folder on your desktop. Right-click -> new -> folder. Call it RZ20. Now download and run the update file from Spooky's site. When Winzip asks for a place to extract the files, point it to the new RZ20 folder and let it do it's thing. Most users won't have Winzip... if the downloaded zipfile just opens to show the contents, copy all the files from it and paste into the RZ20 folder.

Now insert the SD card. Open Computer (go to file explorer and click your PC - you'll see the SD card there). Right click it and select Format. Make sure it's formatting FAT32 with 32K clusters (the default).

Once that's done, double click the card to open it in a window (should be empty). Double click the RZ20 folder on your desktop to open it in another window. Click to highlight all the stuff in RZ20 and drag it to the card. Once it's done copying, the card is ready to be ejected and installed into the game. Use the game menu as indicated to update the software.

#8784 6 years ago

Assuming updating Rob Zombie #2 tonight goes well and if you are continuing to have problems i'll swing by and help you

#8785 6 years ago

Updated a friends machine this weekend. On a 2 player game when the shooting to the VUK the ball just sits there until the game performs a search for it. This doesn't clear up after the game is over. We rebooted the game and just played 1 player games.

Many new callouts, sounds and additional items to shoot for really makes the game play so differently. Its not just 1 ramp pony show but has a deeper feel making use of the playfield. I like the idea of a call out for 1KCorp multiball for say 250, 500, 750 and for completing it. Maybe do it in the same deep voice as the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 count down?

New call outs by Captain Spaulding for describing Ed Gein, Albert Fish and Dr Satan are awesome! I love the new creepy laugh from Spaulding also. I still wish "Otis" aka Bill Mosley had a few call outs could be used. "Boy, the next thing that comes out of your mouth better be some real Mark Twain s*#$..." / "There is no ice cream in your f*#@! future" / etc. the list goes on. Not sure how licensing works with that though.

#8786 6 years ago

Yeah that VUK is a pesky one, I've tried a number of things to get it to work reliably. This is where I am currently:

IMG_1191 (resized).JPGIMG_1191 (resized).JPG

#8787 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Updated a friends machine this weekend. On a 2 player game when the shooting to the VUK the ball just sits there until the game performs a search for it. This doesn't clear up after the game is over. We rebooted the game and just played 1 player games.

I would take a look under the mini playfield to see if the switch pins are touching (there's one that can get whacked by the ball through the murder ride/LDG loop). I ended up putting some heat shrink on the pins so they couldn't touch anymore and I haven't had a problem since. It was something that started out as intermittent, and eventually became an issue every time.

EDIT: I'll note that mine would happen in single or multi player and was an issue well before the new code for me (pretty much day one back in Nov.). I'm still using the V20 that was at SFGE currently, so I can't comment on the newest V20, but at least some of the VUK issues could be solved by separating said pins.

#8788 6 years ago

I've had nothing but problems with this code. I've download it a few times and follow the directions step by step and every time it loads successfully. When shooting to the VUK the ball just sits there and it does a ball check, but now the ball check isn't working right. I go in to test mode and VUK switch and coil works perfect. I can do any modes making the game unplayable.

#8789 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Never Gonna Stop is technically used but probably not part of the 10 song list paid for the license.

On the contrary. Never Gonna Stop is approved/licensed- it's the Hell Bound (wizard mode) music. I got there in V19.

#8790 6 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

I've had nothing but problems with this code. I've download it a few times and follow the directions step by step and every time it loads successfully. When shooting to the VUK the ball just sits there and it does a ball check, but now the ball check isn't working right. I go in to test mode and VUK switch and coil works perfect. I can do any modes making the game unplayable.

What OS are you using on the computer used to download the code?

#8791 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I would take a look under the mini playfield to see if the switch pins are touching (there's one that can get whacked by the ball through the murder ride/LDG loop).

I don't think this is a wiring issue. It worked fine in 1 player mode. This VUK problem was one that Dave figured out and re-patched but wanted to let him/everyone know that it could still be present in multiplayer games.

#8792 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I would take a look under the mini playfield to see if the switch pins are touching

Good to know, I haven't had it off in a while but you're describing my symptoms - VUK switch will register for a while and then just... not. Sometimes it works again on the next game, other times I pull it out and try to adjust it a bit. Glad to have another vector on the problem because the game plays fantastic otherwise.

#8793 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Good to know, I haven't had it off in a while but you're describing my symptoms - VUK switch will register for a while and then just... not. Sometimes it works again on the next game, other times I pull it out and try to adjust it a bit. Glad to have another vector on the problem because the game plays fantastic otherwise.

Yep, there were many times I thought I fixed it with other adjustments since it could disappear for a bit (presumably before the pins got completed melded into each other). Also, I couldn't get the VUK switch itself to fail in the switch test while trying to figure out the issue.

#8794 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My wife was playing this evening, and she basically shoots up the middle all day long. After 6 ramp shots, the RHPL callout got old really quickly.

IMG_0310 (resized).PNGIMG_0310 (resized).PNG

#8795 6 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

look at the files you unzipped (to your harddrive I hope) and look in the whatsnew file and see if there's an updated line in the notes with a date next to.

Fixed - 7/1 - goober didnt reset mode properly on drain

If you don't see that, then you have to redownload and update again.

#8796 6 years ago

Well, yeah, but I'm not telling HER that!

Seriously, it repeats the same callout EVERY time you shoot it after the right orbit is ready.

Pussy Liquors is the best

#8797 6 years ago

The "Move Your Bra" quote gets old really fast too. No need to play that quote any time other than when you first start the mode.

#8798 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Well, yeah, but I'm not telling HER that!
Seriously, it repeats the same callout EVERY time you shoot it after the right orbit is ready.

I think it would be great to add a second quote for consecutive ramp shots

#8799 6 years ago

I've now updated 2 RZ machines to V20 - went very smooth. If anyone is sitting on the fence just do the upgrade - it makes the game better.

#8800 6 years ago

Saw someone else use this figure in their machine (not sure where now, but thanks for the idea ). I added a red chest LED to mine (slightly recessed and sealed with clear hot glue as a diffuser). The LED flickers like a heartbeat. Pop rivets are visible through the feet, and I intended to paint them, but I kinda dug the look once I saw it (I removed the clear shield and permanently modified it). The head is also not attached to the figure joint as the face would have been nearly impossible to see (again, hot glue helped there...then paint to blend).
RZmod (resized).jpgRZmod (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 210.00
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.