2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 223.
#8651 6 years ago

Fawzma and Charlie putting in work son! You guys are awesome! Keep the goodness coming!

#Spookyfanboy4life

#8652 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'll run out to the shop and test it now Mr. Fawzma. Report back in a bit... pinball is HARD!
We saw this VUK / Mode glitch yesterday but I've got a solid 40 games in after Fawzma fixed it, and haven't repeated it since.

Hey Charlie
Download my code though a mac. Code loaded successful the first time I load it, but I'm I having problems with mode scoop and my dmd keeps freezing up on some scenes. Do I need to reload the code?

#8653 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Start goober
but drain while still in goober mode.

That's exactly it... start Red Hot / G. Ober... drain before it's finished... have to go back and beat it to get VUK / Mode select back.

Sorry! My fault... I tested that a few times but um, kinda beat it each time (rare for me!). Bad time to start playing good???

#8654 6 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Download my code though a mac. Code loaded successful the first time I load it, but I'm I having problems with mode scoop and my dmd keeps freezing up on some scenes. Do I need to reload the code?

Read back through the last few pages... yep, that's bad code loading. Fawzma and Ben can explain it better than I.

#8655 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Fawzma and Charlie putting in work son! You guys are awesome! Keep the goodness coming!
#Spookyfanboy4life

Thanks for noticing! Yeah... we all spend a small mountain of time on EVERYTHING. Besides, I can pause El Rey network and not miss a minute of the 4 day KaiJuly Roarth Godzilla marathon, then skip the commercials. One of the benefits of having the shop 1 minute from the house.

#8656 6 years ago

Solid work deserves to be recognized! Thanks for all you do. A small company surviving where so many others have failed is an awesome story. Not sure how I could help but would one day love to be associated with you guys. Even if it were something as small as taking my game to a show you guys couldn't make. The pinball seen in NE Indiana needs rejuvenated

#8657 6 years ago

Finally had a little time to put the new code in and play some games . V20 is awesome! Have to change up my gameplay a bit for the new (better) rules . This was the best score I could put up in the short time I had with the new code .

20170702_003906 (resized).jpg20170702_003906 (resized).jpg

#8658 6 years ago

So I have to admit, I had lost hope on this one and was considering selling for a while. Boy, would that have been a major mistake on my part! Those that sold are going to be full of regret for letting this one go. Back into the honeymoon phase for me. I've really been having trouble making that left and right orbit( I know play better), however I found changing the post sleeves seemed to make a big difference. Their not that much smaller but whatever I'm making shots all the time now so I think they've made the difference.

Thank you team Spooky for bringing this one to the next level with V20!

IMG_2394 (resized).JPGIMG_2394 (resized).JPG
IMG_2395 (resized).JPGIMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2399 (resized).JPGIMG_2399 (resized).JPG

#8659 6 years ago

Quick gameplay question: Should the right orbit return to the left flipper or hit the upper left sling?

#8660 6 years ago

So is it worth updating to V20 or should I wait until the Goober bug is squished?

#8661 6 years ago

Does the Goober fix mean we can turn infected back on or is that still a separate issue?

#8662 6 years ago

Sometimes on v20 the chop rollovers will stop making the sound effect they normally play when you hit them. But the lights will activate on them. Whenever the game is in this state the chop save doesn't function properly. On an otherwise proper chop save the game will go dark, eject a new ball but lights are off and flippers are dead. When it drains you are on your next ball.

Actually, I'm going to start recording while I play, so if things go wrong I can just show you the series of events that lead up to it.

#8663 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I found changing the post sleeves seemed to make a big difference

What size post sleeves did you use?

#8664 6 years ago

Bought them from Titan(they are silicone) for another game, and they only specify Stern Slim. However, I think these are the same size

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4416

#8665 6 years ago

Looks like a Goober fix is uploading soon today

#8666 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Quick gameplay question: Should the right orbit return to the left flipper or hit the upper left sling?

Is the shot supposed to return out of control? Bueller?

#8667 6 years ago

New V20 is uploaded and ready to download.

As for the orbit coming out of the left, it depends on the speed. Just as it comes out of the orbit nudge the machine on the left to avoid the sling if you have to.

#8668 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Is the shot supposed to return out of control? Bueller?

Usually goes to the flipper for me , but if it is a shot to the orbit that barely makes it around it can trigger the upper sling .

#8669 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

New V20 is uploaded and ready to download.
As for the orbit coming out of the left, it depends on the speed. Just as it comes out of the orbit nudge the machine on the left to avoid the sling if you have to.

Mine is surely bent too far back under the plastic. I'll give it a tweak when I get home later this week.

Thanks for the work on the code. I'm psyched to try it out!!

#8670 6 years ago

If the SFGE custom message is running on your machine, go into the operator menu and disable it.

#8671 6 years ago

Does the lightning hurry up increase in value each time it is collected? I've only managed to hit it once in a game. Cool little add on though.

Also while playing today I had the drop target down and then hit the ball into murder ride and it awarded me a lock. So maybe a little bug there too

#8672 6 years ago

I have a question for all. I like good quality sound and I'm interested to hear what audio settings people have to get what they feel is the best sound for their machine. Also those that may have subs, like the Polk PSW10. I still don't think I'm getting as good of sound quality and balance out of it as I should.
Also, if there are any that have swapped out amps I'm curious to know what people have gotten and why.
Thanks and this version has already made me appreciate this pin even more.

#8673 6 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

I have a question for all. I like good quality sound and I'm interested to hear what audio settings people have to get what they feel is the best sound for their machine. Also those that may have subs, like the Polk PSW10. I still don't think I'm getting as good of sound quality and balance out of it as I should.
Also, if there are any that have swapped out amps I'm curious to know what people have gotten and why.

I'll second this. I can't seem to get the sound quite right so would like to hear others settings on that box inside the cab.

#8674 6 years ago

My machine keeps throwing a missing balls alert even though all 7 balls are in the ball loader. Any ideas?

#8675 6 years ago

Once code is complete one thing that would be awesome to see is the DMD with higher resolution images. I briefly spoke with Fawzma about the possibility of this and it seems it's possible but a mod would need built for it. I'm certain a lot of work would also be involved on the animation and more coding but would anyone else want to see this happen?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8676 6 years ago

I have a feeling the sound on metallik 's game is excellent.

#8677 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

My machine keeps throwing a missing balls alert even though all 7 balls are in the ball loader. Any ideas?

Does the switch matrix confirm you have 7 balls, and does the game still start

#8678 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Once code is complete one thing that would be awesome to see is the DMD with higher resolution images. I briefly spoke with Fawzma about the possibility of this and it seems it's possible but a mod would need built for it. I'm certain a lot of work would also be involved on the animation and more coding but would anyone else want to see this happen?

Nobody get hopes up on this, it's a grand idea but too much work to be completed in a timeframe anyone is willing to wait.

#8679 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Does the switch matrix confirm you have 7 balls, and does the game still start

The game won't start this is what the matrix looks like
-
It shows it missing a ball

IMG_5592 (resized).JPGIMG_5592 (resized).JPG

#8680 6 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

The machine has top quality components out of the box, I think the best out there of any factory machine. The machine rattles like crazy if you turn the sub up which ends up drowning the rest out. There's anti rattle tape, but that just helps the glass. Here's what I did from left to right on amp.

This set up requires an external sub woofer. Also, for testing purposes hold down right flipper button to turn on radio(hold down again to change songs)

Sub-woofer:
Volume: Just barely on, close to 0
Crossover: nearly all the way left

Back Box Speakers:
Treble- All the way to the right
Bass- 1/4 turn + or - from full

Volume:
Personal preference here, but mines fairly loud

#8681 6 years ago

It appears to be the trough 1 switch but what do you do about that?

#8682 6 years ago

After about 3 games on v20 the vuk fuse blew, anyone know where to get these fairly quickly in Canada? I don't have any of the 20mm on hand

#8683 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

It shows it missing a ball

Looks like your 1st position switch needs a tweak. [email protected] is always your best bet for answers.

Tested G. Ober here at the shop, and all good Fawzma! Update away... we'll let infected mode go until it's not a Sunday on a holiday weekend. Lol.

Higher resolution isn't going to happen on Rob Zombie... when we launched Rob Zombie, this was the 1st production game to ship with color dots (and we didn't increase the price a dime). Then 10 minutes later Stern went LCD and our victory was short lived.

We're upgrading the entire system to be HD for all games going forward, but it won't be backwards compatible.

#8684 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

After about 3 games on v20 the vuk fuse blew, anyone know where to get these fairly quickly in Canada? I don't have any of the 20mm on hand

Make absolutely sure you are using slow blow fuses... we've had several reports of people buying them off Amazon / Ebay and getting fast blow claiming to be slow blow.

Pinball Life stocks all our fuses... sorry, know that doesn't help ya' today sir.

#8685 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Oh no not again, I think I blew thru all my fuses as well before. Scared to keep playing it right now, seems a lot of bugs need worked out. Played a handful of games without any problems that I noticed.

#8686 6 years ago

Found the wire that's the culprit but what does it connect to and how do you reattach?

IMG_5593 (resized).JPGIMG_5593 (resized).JPG

#8687 6 years ago

<blockquote cite="
Higher resolution isn't going to happen on Rob Zombie...

Damnit!

#8688 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Scared to keep playing it right now, seems a lot of bugs need worked out. Played a handful of games without any problems that I noticed.

Have over 100 full games played on my machine in the last 2 weeks without a single fuse issue... Fawzma has about the same on his test game, no blown fuses. Play the game, I'm calling this a non code issue... and I hardly call what's been reported "a lot of bugs". The only mode stopping bug Fawzma has already repaired. Update and have fun!

Quoted from bman46:

Found the wire that's the culprit but what does it connect to and how do you reattach?

Goes to the non-banded side of the diode... switch matrix chart explaining this found here: http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#8689 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I'll second this. I can't seem to get the sound quite right so would like to hear others settings on that box inside the cab.

I got it sounding really nice. Try:

Left little knob (bass/sub volume) - set to your desired BASS volume level.. game may sound muffled til you complete rest of adjustments; that is fine.
Right little knob (bass/sub crossover) - turn up (clockwise) for low volume levels, turn down for high volume levels. Too much low end shakes the cab badly if you crank the volume.

Left big knob (treble) - set all way up (clockwise) for clear backbox sound (but you can hear a little artifacting in the audio)
Middle big knob (backbox bass) - set pretty far up for full-range sound from backbox.. back it off a bit if you really crank the backbox volume so they don't get too much bass.
Right big knob (backbox volume) - set high enough to balance against the left little knob (bass/sub volume). Readjust bass (1st step) if needed.

In the game, set the SFX around 80% and the music around 60%... I like the music loud, but too loud drowns out some of the quotes. Adjust to your liking after playtesting.

#8690 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Goes to the non-banded side of the diode... switch matrix chart explaining this found here: http://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

Can you give me the "For Dummies" explanation of this?

#8691 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Issue moved to email with Charlie. He's helping me. Thanks

#8692 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

There's actually a drawing attached to the switch matrix chart I just emailed you... every switch has a diode. 1 end of the diode has a band printed on it, one end does not. The wire goes to the post on the end that does not have the band printed on it.

Look at every switch in your game, and you'll see what I mean.

#8693 6 years ago

This new code is super fun! All the new sounds and objectives are awesome. Can't stop playing.

#8694 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This new code is super fun! All the new sounds and objectives are awesome. Can't stop playing.

I left for vacation the day it was released! Damnit, I can't wait to get home!

#8695 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Agreed, Rob Zombie is now fairly intuitive and super fun to play with V20. I know what to shoot for! Shots light up, telling you where to go, ball lock lights up, DMD/callouts align with it all. So many new callouts and content! LDG sounds were changed up, ending of game music added and the list goes on and on.

#8696 6 years ago

Are all the fuses 3a slow blow 20mm? Going to order a stock pile and want to have my bases covered. Thanks

#8697 6 years ago
Quoted from jimbeam42:

Are all the fuses 3a slow blow 20mm? Going to order a stock pile and want to have my bases covered. Thanks

The coil fuses are all slow blow.

For anyone what has blown one related to the vuk, was your vuk rapid fire to eject the ball at some point?

#8698 6 years ago

For those needing to hold the blue button to update. How long does it take for your machine to boot.

From the moment you turn it on till it says Sync ok

#8699 6 years ago

Can we expect a code write-up, i.e. robots, Goober, etc.? You guys put a ton of work into the code, so it would be cool for a half a page or so of what to shoot for.

Great update, BTW. Puts a smile on my face that I spent my pin money wisely.

#8700 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can we expect a code write-up, i.e. robots, Goober, etc.? You guys put a ton of work into the code, so it would be cool for a half a page or so of what to shoot for.
Great update, BTW. Puts a smile on my face that I spent my pin money wisely.

And its still not done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/174?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.