2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 223.
#8501 6 years ago

I'll try that. I may have the game too steep anyway

#8502 6 years ago

That's a good thing to check first. This game is fast enough at the normal pitch, raising it makes a number of crazy things start happening more regularly.

#8503 6 years ago

The 'O' in chop is giving me problems and I need to replace the LED. I think these are the Ablaze Premium Ghost Buster LEDs, but if someone can confirm, that would be great. Also, are there any recommendations on where to buy as a Canadian?

#8504 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

The 'O' in chop is giving me problems and I need to replace the LED. I think these are the Ablaze Premium Ghost Buster LEDs, but if someone can confirm, that would be great. Also, are there any recommendations on where to buy as a Canadian?

If you have the upgraded LEDs from the factory they are these

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2560

#8505 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Speaking of LEDs, I got the upgraded LEDs from the factory, and as much as I like color matching playfield inserts in general, you should really think about replacing some of the LED colors in RZ. On all my other games that have single-color inserts, color matching is definitely the way to go in almost all cases. But in RZ, there are so many inserts with printed graphics on the insert that the color match washes it all out.

I saw one of Herg's posts in this thread about changing up some colors. I tried this and it brought out a completely different (better) look - it lets you see the graphics on each insert rather than washing them all out completely. For example, I don't think I even knew there was a chicken wing and a gas can on the upper playfield inserts until I went away from the red LEDs. I didn't follow all of Herg's color choices completely, but I'm pretty close and both my choices and his look FAR better than the color choices that came by default.

I definitely recommend everyone try out color options for any of the printed inserts.

#8506 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Speaking of LEDs, I got the upgraded LEDs from the factory, and as much as I like color matching playfield inserts in general, you should really think about replacing some of the LED colors in RZ. On all my other games that have single-color inserts, color matching is definitely the way to go in almost all cases. But in RZ, there are so many inserts with printed graphics on the insert that the color match washes it all out.
I saw one of Herg's posts in this thread about changing up some colors. I tried this and it brought out a completely different (better) look - it lets you see the graphics on each insert rather than washing them all out completely. For example, I don't think I even knew there was a chicken wing and a gas can on the upper playfield inserts until I went away from the red LEDs. I didn't follow all of Herg's color choices completely, but I'm pretty close and both my choices and his look FAR better than the color choices that came by default.
I definitely recommend everyone try out color options for any of the printed inserts.

Agreed. I changed a couple of the main mode LEDs from colored to white and it looks much better. The previous blue and red LEDs in there sort of washed out the insert details. It looked OK before but looks great now.

#8507 6 years ago

I went with the upgraded LEDs, but the CHOP LEDs have a single emitter under a frosted dome on mine. Maybe there were some changes as the run went?

#8508 6 years ago

I'm getting a lot of airballs off of target #2 next to the zombie ramp. Any idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks

#8509 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I'm getting a lot of airballs off of target #2 next to the zombie ramp. Any idea how I can stop this from happening? Thanks

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

#8510 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

I will look into that thanks

#8511 6 years ago

Any tips for getting a game to post pass better? I really want my RZ to have a crisp post pass given how much you can be punched for missing shots and right now mine does this goofy lob it up and then bounce it over thing. Flipper strength? Rubbers?

#8512 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Any tips for getting a game to post pass better? I really want my RZ to have a crisp post pass given how much you can be punched for missing shots and right now mine does this goofy lob it up and then bounce it over thing. Flipper strength? Rubbers?

Some games just arnt designed for post pass. All depends where the slingshot are mounted.
Have to stick to bounce pass and drop catch

#8513 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Some games just arnt designed for post pass. All depends where the slingshot are mounted.
Have to stick to bounce pass and drop catch

I totally agree, but I saw the Pinball Undesirables stream and their machine did nothing but clean passes. Idk, I'm going to play with it this weekend and see if I can't get a better solution than what I have now.

#8514 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Some games just arnt designed for post pass. All depends where the slingshot are mounted

This is right, some games are near impossible. Can't recall if RZ is not ...

You can always use alternate methods. For example, if your ball is on RZ left flipper, shoot the ramp, lift the flipper and let the ball flow over to the right flipper.

rd

#8515 6 years ago

I use Titan thin flipper rubbers, they made a big difference to my game, passing and shots.

#8516 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Mine wont post pass at all. I either alley pass or use ramp to transfer

#8517 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I use Titan thin flipper rubbers, they made a big difference to my game, passing and shots.

Are they less "sticky" than the stock flipper rubber? Any reason you chose the Titan thins over regular Titan rubber? I would like to try some different types.

#8518 6 years ago

Are they less "sticky" than the stock flipper rubber? Any reason you chose the Titan thins over regular Titan rubber? I would like to try some different types.

I had Titian translucent flipper rubbers to start, I liked the look of them but they were way to bouncy, so I figured I would try the thin translucent and I really like the look and the way they play on this game. Feels like more control on the shot to me.

#8519 6 years ago

V20 by tomorrow? I would love to put new code on my game before people come over!

#8520 6 years ago

playing superbeast tonight, hit the sneak attack,,, didn't even know that was a thing. The code is awesome on this pin, and there is more to come!

#8521 6 years ago

I was told v20 last Monday,I guess he ran into more bugs

#8522 6 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

playing superbeast tonight, hit the sneak attack,,, didn't even know that was a thing. The code is awesome on this pin, and there is more to come!

What is the sneak attack?

#8523 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

-removed-

#8524 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I was told v20 last Monday,I guess he ran into more bugs

giphy-downsized (2).gifgiphy-downsized (2).gif
giphy-downsized (4).gifgiphy-downsized (4).gif
giphy-downsized (3).gifgiphy-downsized (3).gif
giphy-downsized (1).gifgiphy-downsized (1).gif

bugs1.gifbugs1.gif

#8525 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Instead of shooting the ramp 4 or 5 times, one shot to another spot finished the mode right away.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8526 6 years ago

I think I just heard a Ben Heck call out while I was bashing our favorite clown...

#8527 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I think I just heard a Ben Heck call out while I was bashing our favorite clown...

"Ben Heck? Never heard of the @sshole."

Maybe my favorite quote in the game.

#8528 6 years ago

...when you are dying for the new code to drop and you crush your GC score, lol.

IMG_20170625_234548983 (resized).jpgIMG_20170625_234548983 (resized).jpg

#8529 6 years ago

Speaking of new code anyone heard any rumors on when to expect it?

#8530 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Speaking of new code anyone heard any rumors on when to expect it?

Buy an apron mod and when he ships it to you, you will get the new code

Seriously I haven't seen any dates or estimates. Instead of doing two releases it sounds like they decided to throw everything in it and do one major one.

#8531 6 years ago

Withhold code update to sell mods. Now that's genius! I kid I kid

#8532 6 years ago

Is the apron mod actually for sale, like I can order one and get it? Or is he working through some waiting list? I thought he only released a few into the wild at this point.

#8533 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is the apron mod actually for sale, like I can order one and get it? Or is he working through some waiting list? I thought he only released a few into the wild at this point.

He posted on facebook last week to PM if you wanted to try out the beta shopping cart system so I ordered one through that. He should be launching the shopping cart to his site anytime now and then you can order it by paying in full or with a deposit.

#8534 6 years ago

Not taking mass orders, only those willing to wait till the main piece shows up so I can ship.

So many things have changed I stopped tracking them. Last check was in the 150 range for fixes/changes.

This will be worth the wait, and this isn't the last update

#8535 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Not taking mass orders, only those willing to wait till the main piece shows up so I can ship.
So many things have changed I stopped tracking them. Last check was in the 150 range for fixes/changes.
This will be worth the wait, and this isn't the last update

You good sir are making me a happy RZ owner! Mine just arrived yesterday and I'm hoping to unbox tonight and play a ton so I can really appreciate all the changes.

#8536 6 years ago

ok in need of a little help. Excuse me if this seems "Noobish" But this is only my second pin. I bought this underlighting kit from a vendor at a con. He said it might not be a direct plug and play on the RZ but definitely should be able to work just fine. So heres what im working with. Any help on how i should go about getting this to work would be appreciated.

image000000 (resized).jpgimage000000 (resized).jpg

image000000 (1) (resized).jpgimage000000 (1) (resized).jpg

#8537 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

ok in need of a little help. Excuse me if this seems "Noobish" But this is only my second pin. I bought this underlighting kit from a vendor at a con. He said it might not be a direct plug and play on the RZ but definitely should be able to work just fine. So heres what im working with. Any help on how i should go about getting this to work would be appreciated.

No, not a direct plug and play. That's a typical Stern molex. With Spooky, you need a different adapter that plugs directly to the board.

You really have two options. You can buy all the parts from Pinball life which should be just a couple of bucks. I can link to what you need.

Or, you can mail me the undercab lights and I'm happy to do it for you. I did the same thing with the BriteButton LED flipper lights.

No big deal either way.

#8538 6 years ago

So I got my game unboxed and played several games and I'm happy with my purchase and had alit of fun with the machine. Current code is quite buggy but with an update hopefully real soon this should take care of a lot of problems.

Only issue that I'm really noticing is that the right living dead girl target takes a really good hit to activate. The left switch works normal. What's an easy way to adjust thins so it activates a bit easier. Could it be the foam they placed behind the target interfering a little?

#8539 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So I got my game unboxed and played several games and I'm happy with my purchase and had alit of fun with the machine. Current code is quite buggy but with an update hopefully real soon this should take care of a lot of problems.
Only issue that I'm really noticing is that the right living dead girl target takes a really good hit to activate. The left switch works normal. What's an easy way to adjust thins so it activates a bit easier. Could it be the foam they placed behind the target interfering a little?

What number did you get? Go into the main service menu to adjust sensitivity.

#8540 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Could need a simple adjustment. Use a leaf switch adjustment tool to slightly bend the switch as needed so it operates properly.

#8541 6 years ago

I thought I was getting 294 but mine was labeled 295 when I received it

#8542 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

No, not a direct plug and play. That's a typical Stern molex. With Spooky, you need a different adapter that plugs directly to the board.
You really have two options. You can buy all the parts from Pinball life which should be just a couple of bucks. I can link to what you need.
Or, you can mail me the undercab lights and I'm happy to do it for you. I did the same thing with the BriteButton LED flipper lights.
No big deal either way.

well i appreciate the offer. However its probably easiest for me to just get the parts i need other then go through mailing it out. Could you help me get the right stuff then where i need to power the lights.

Again i really appreciate the help!

#8543 6 years ago

You need:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1590

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1594

Highly recommended (for additional items like shaker, topper, etc):

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

Cut existing molex. Using the IDC tool, attach red & black wires to appropriate location on connector. Plug into board.

#8544 6 years ago

Happy to announce that RZ293 has just been delivered!
-Mike

20170628_164618 (resized).jpg20170628_164618 (resized).jpg

20170628_165044 (resized).jpg20170628_165044 (resized).jpg

#8545 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Happy to announce that RZ293 has just been delivered!
-Mike

Congrats dude! We're just on time for a big code release!

#8546 6 years ago

Cool. Have all 300 sold?

#8547 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I thought I was getting 294 but mine was labeled 295 when I received it

Huh. I'm supposed to be 295.

#8548 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Huh. I'm supposed to be 295.

Yeah I didnt even notice until I was cleaning up all the shipping materials that mine was listed as 295. I was under the assumption that I was 294. Not sure what happened or if it really matters. If you happen to get shipped 294 it should also have all factory mods.

#8549 6 years ago

I will be opening tonight. Originally was 292 but outside tag shows 293. I'm excited no matter what the number is.
-Mike

#8550 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I will be opening tonight. Originally was 292 but outside tag shows 293. I'm excited no matter what the number is.
-Mike

Make sure you don't need to be up early for anything the following day or just be prepared to do whatever you have to do dog ass tired! I got mine all set up around 9pm and played past midnight.

The game is super fun and kicks your ass! I couldn't resist hitting the start button. Also awesome because we both just received ours and the new code is on the horizon. I hear it is a substantial update and they still have atleast one more update they plan to complete

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 210.00
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.