2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 223.
#8451 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Thanks guys! I've only built the one prototype so far. Any thoughts on whether or not I should back light the sign or not based on the photos? Once I have the design finalized and have some of these built up I'll post them on my site.

Does the sign in the video have the backlight?

#8452 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Does the sign in the video have the backlight?

The sign in the video is not back lit.

#8453 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Thanks guys! I've only built the one prototype so far. Any thoughts on whether or not I should back light the sign or not based on the photos? Once I have the design finalized and have some of these built up I'll post them on my site.

Put me down for one! Based on the photos do not backlight the sign with that bulb at least. It looks good with no backlight or maybe try a much dimmer one so the sign isn't washed out.

#8454 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

The sign in the video is not back lit.

If the backlight shines throught the plastic I say back light it.

It would also say it would be cool to make a frame for around the sign and add that to the mod for a more 3D look, plus you could design it so it kept the light directed into the back of the sign.

#8455 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Put me down for one! Based on the photos do not backlight the sign with that bulb at least. It looks good with no backlight or maybe try a much dimmer one so the sign isn't washed out.

I am questioning if that is just the picture.

Would kind of like to see a video with the backlight.

#8456 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

If you can backlight it so it looks even like a lit up sign that would be great. If it looks harsh like a single light back there, then I'd skip that. Ideally if you could make a small box that had the light in it and the sign in front then that may be best so you won't see light leakage behind, but may be more trouble than it's worth.

#8457 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

If you can backlight it so it looks even like a lit up sign that would be great. If it looks harsh like a single light back there, then I'd skip that. Ideally if you could make a small box that had the light in it and the sign in front then that may be best so you won't see light leakage behind, but may be more trouble than it's worth.

Hey I just said that..

#8458 6 years ago

The back lit sign looks washed out in the picture and the video (not posted) that I took because it doesn't transition well to photo/video. In person, it pretty evenly lights up the whole sign (no spots) but the light reflects really bright off the black side wall and is distracting. If I make the light any dimmer it will not light the sign properly. I'll toy with making some kind of shroud for the back that will contain the light. I'm trying not to get too crazy so I can keep the price of the mod down.

#8459 6 years ago

New code is on the games here in Atlanta! Get a taste of v20!

Also there's an AMH, Jetsons and TNA.

#8460 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

New code is on the games here in Atlanta! Get a taste of v20!
Also there's an AMH, Jetsons and TNA.

Wish you guys were at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown this year as I would love to check out the new code! Someone get some good video of it!

#8461 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Wish you guys were at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown this year as I would love to check out the new code! Someone get some good video of it!

I have a new in box game at the rocky Mountain show. All the back alley upgrades. Take it home today so you have it when the new code drops. It is in my booth.

#8462 6 years ago

the ball keeps getting stuck
In the launcher and not making it into the launch lane. It's happening every few games. I tried doing a servo test but no servos seem to do anything in the test except for the shaker. Any ideas? Thanks

#8463 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here's my Red Hot Arrow Mod

I'll buy one soon as it's available!

#8464 6 years ago

From Fawzma on Facebook:

"RZ is getting a super loop mode for when you collect all the killer cards.

After collecting all the cards, you go into a timed mode. Shoot the inner loop as fast as you can to collect the value shown. You will have to figure out how best to get that value higher.

If you collect all cards while in a main mode.. murder ride mode will start right after that mode ends.

There are actually a bunch of new modes added.. You'll have to see them all when you get the update.

And yes,, there are boobies!"

#8465 6 years ago

Just got my apron mod and a big surprise.... the v20 code as well.... super stoked to get home and get this mod installed and play the new code. Great job Spooky and keep up the great work

#8466 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

the ball keeps getting stuck
In the launcher and not making it into the launch lane. It's happening every few games. I tried doing a servo test but no servos seem to do anything in the test except for the shaker. Any ideas? Thanks

Something may have rattled loose on the coil that kicks it out of the trough(one of the coil mounting brackets ) most likely the one that holds the coil near the bottom . Check to make sure your coil is secure and aligned .

#8467 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Something may have rattled loose on the coil that kicks it out of the trough(one of the coil mounting brackets ) most likely the one that holds the coil near the bottom . Check to make sure your coil is secure and aligned .

To clarify my question it's the actuator that's moving the ball from the ball queue through the exit into the trough. Would that be the same answer? Thanks for the help.

#8468 6 years ago

I turned the ball loader strength up to 9 from 8.5 and so far so good - we'll see.

#8469 6 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Just got my apron mod and a big surprise.... the v20 code as well.... super stoked to get home and get this mod installed and play the new code. Great job Spooky and keep up the great work

Pics or it didn't happen.

#8470 6 years ago

I'll open up apron mod orders to everyone else as soon as the first four have theirs installed.

This way I can make any messasary changes to the kit.

#8471 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll open up apron mod orders to everyone else as soon as the first four have theirs installed.

I don't think I need any "messasary changes" . . . please let me order the apron mod now!

#8472 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I turned the ball loader strength up to 9 from 8.5 and so far so good - we'll see.

Was going to suggest that also , just thought something might be loose or not aligned to cause that to lose strength . Good to hear it is working , with such an easy fix .

#8473 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Was going to suggest that also , just thought something might be loose or not aligned to cause that to lose strength . Good to hear it is working , with such an easy fix .

Its just a bit confusing why the strength would have to be adjusted when it was always set to 8.5 before and the problem just started happening. Does the ball loader get weaker with use?

#8474 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Its just a but confusing why the strength would have to be adjusted when it was always set to 8.5 before and the problem just started happening. Does the ball loader get weaker with use?

As parts wear out yes , coil sleave, and plunger mostly but this would be only after tons of plays . In a home use , years of play . But if the coil mounts are loose they can cause it to lose power also . Which is why I thought something may have rattled loose if it was fine with factory setting for the power and now it needs a little more . These are mechanical issues that could make it weaker .Power issues could also make it weaker as well.

#8475 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

As parts wear out yes , coil sleave, and plunger mostly but this would be only after tons of plays . In a home use , years of play . But if the coil mounts are loose they can cause it to lose power also . Which is why I thought something may have rattled loose if it was fine with factory setting for the power and now it needs a little more . These are mechanical issues that could make it weaker .Power issues could also make it weaker as well.

I did check the screws and whatnot -
Nothing seems loose - the game has maybe 300 plays on it - a mystery - however i played the game at a local place that has it and it had the same issue

#8476 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

David and I put my apron mod (someone has to be the guinea pig!) in last night at SFGE. It's got some steps involved to install but nothing too crazy. It's wicked cool and so is V20 but as expected some bugs with both, not the end of the world. He/they are on it.

I feel strongly that any early seller that sold due to code is going to regret it.

#8477 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

David and I put my apron mod (someone has to be the guinea pig!) in last night at SFGE. It's got some steps involved to install but nothing too crazy. It's wicked cool and so is V20 but as expected some bugs with both, not the end of the world. He/they are on it.
I feel strongly that any early seller that sold due to code is going to regret it.

Awesome news! Mine ships next week and I couldn't be more pumped to get it.

#8478 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Have we settled on a price yet? My game is still at Spooky and I might want it put with it for the long trip to Australia

#8479 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Have we settled on a price yet? My game is still at Spooky and I might want it put with it for the long trip to Australia

Mod is supposed to cost $300 + shipping

#8480 6 years ago

Just received LE#21. Thanks GAP! Going over the game and cleaning it up for the line-up. Quick question-my backbox led's never change color or flash. In test mode I can activate each color for the backbox, LDG, and the lower cabinet GI strip. During attract mode, the lower cabinet GI strip will change colors along with the Pinball Life lock down bar mod but the cabinet Backbox GI's are always white. Is there a setting I'm missing. Love the game. Will have pics soon.

#8481 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Agreed. I just got mine running V20 with the Apron mod as well. It already feels like a whole new game. I trusted the code would eventually be polished (based on AMH and David's/Spooky's communication with owners), but I'm impressed with how far it's going--it may very well end up "bolted to the floor" with BSD .

The short/early review is that the RZ "world under glass" feels like it's coming together where I didn't sense that in the earlier code (it's now less predictable and the details that felt like they were missing are being filled in). Adult mode is of course way better (and more diverse on callouts, etc. [as far as I can tell]) than the family mode that was running at SFGE (not sure if either were switched late at night this time around).

#8482 6 years ago

Cant find pics of this apron mod?

#8483 6 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Cant find pics of this apron mod?

I'll get some up in a bit. I'm finally gonna have time to unpack my machine after SFGE tonight.

#8484 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'll get some up in a bit. I'm finally gonna have time to unpack my machine after SFGE tonight.

Video too if you could please!

#8485 6 years ago

I was discussing this with my wife. Are there any other games that have the amount of callouts/taunting as RZ? She says it's her favorite because of that.

#8486 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I was discussing this with my wife. Are there any other games that have the amount of callouts/taunting as RZ? She says it's her favorite because of that.

Freddy has a chunk of insults/threats ("I'll break your fingers next time"), but RZ is more fun, diverse, and in your face with them.

#8487 6 years ago

Number 291 is home safe!

IMG_20170615_070344 (resized).jpgIMG_20170615_070344 (resized).jpg

Some early thoughts with 20 games or so:

-I get ball searched A LOT. Ball search kicks in when I'm trying to get a clean transfer to the right flipper, the code should only ball search when the flippers aren't being used.
-Shots are not as tough as I was expecting. I watched streams, but this is my first hands on with the game and the right orbit is not as tight as I was expecting.
-Why does the knocker go off twice for an extra ball, but once for a replay?
-Iiving dead girl is tons of fun. I love that it's easy to get an exciting multiball and new players will definitely dig it.

Can't wait for v20!

#8488 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Number 291 is home safe!

Close to the finish line, saving v20 release until they are all out the door?

#8489 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

This bothers me too. Maybe a code update will fix?

#8490 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

This bothers me too. Maybe a code update will fix?

Easy enough fix

#8491 6 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

Number 291 is home safe!

Some early thoughts with 20 games or so:
-I get ball searched A LOT. Ball search kicks in when I'm trying to get a clean transfer to the right flipper, the code should only ball search when the flippers aren't being used.
-Shots are not as tough as I was expecting. I watched streams, but this is my first hands on with the game and the right orbit is not as tight as I was expecting.
-Iiving dead girl is tons of fun. I love that it's easy to get an exciting multiball and new players will definitely dig it.
Can't wait for v20!

I see you have your pinball on hard floors and so do i. Do you add pads so the feet dont scratch the floor up? I did but it kind of slides around too much when you shake it so wondering how you handled it. Thanks

#8492 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I see you have your pinball on hard floors and so do i. Do you add pads so the feet dont scratch the floor up? I did but it kind of slides around too much when you shake it so wondering how you handled it. Thanks

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=564

#8493 6 years ago

I use those on the front legs and teflon sliders on the rear so I can reposition the machine by just lifting the front but the game remains stationary while playing/nudging.

#8494 6 years ago

are we going to see v20 soon?

#8495 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

are we going to see v20 soon?

I believe their first test run was at SFGE and discovered a few bugs so they are trying to tweak those fixes before the mass release most likely

#8496 6 years ago

Does anyone else get marking on their
Playfield from the balls. Happens everywhere the ball repeatedly goes. Is this normal?

IMG_5515 (resized).JPGIMG_5515 (resized).JPG

#8497 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Playfield from the balls. Happens everywhere the ball repeatedly goes. Is this normal?

Ball trails are normal. When I start to get them I give the playfield a wax and they usually stop. You can clean them too. There are a few threads going over playfield waxing and cleaning. The Buffalo Pinball guys have a great video tutorial on their YouTube channel too. Vid has a huge text write up on different products here on Pinside as well.

#8498 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Buy some cling film on amazon and put it in the lanes, shooter area and ball drain.

#8499 6 years ago

Has anyone come up with a mod for the ends of the ramps to keep the balls from bouncing out? I was thinking a pair of skills or something mounted over them on the exits

#8500 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Has anyone come up with a mod for the ends of the ramps to keep the balls from bouncing out? I was thinking a pair of skills or something mounted over them on the exits

Never had that problem on mine. Just loosen the nut holding the ramp exit on the slings and adjust the exit point directly over the inlane and it should never bounce out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.