Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 210.
#8401 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

is v20 going to include dmd enhancements or will that lag? There was some discussion about the quality of images and I know that video mode is somewhat difficult to follow as the number of pixels is too low.
psssst ... pssssst ..... when is v20 going to be available?
ps - if the kid ain't coding, tell him to get busy with the podcast. Screw those school assignments, this is important. Spooky listeners are ready for their June 1 feeding.

The "kid" is taking finals LOL he will finish the last episode of Lionman tonight. Podcast should be up and running by dinner time tomorrow night.

#8402 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

The "kid" is taking finals LOL he will finish the last episode of Lionman tonight. Podcast should be up and running by dinner time tomorrow night.

Where did that month go? I completely forgot that a new Spooky podcast is coming! Woot Woot!

#8403 2 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

OK, we got our game.
Love it. Hats off to Spooky.
Played for a couple days, no problems, other than I generally suck at pinball.
Last night, I installed the Laseriffic topper. Everything seems fine.
We were playing the game and during some crazy multiball action the shaker started sounding really weird, like it's busted. Then the backbox GI cut out completely but the game otherwise kept working. I power cycled it and the GI came back up. Tried to play and it was missing a ball. Found two balls in the VUK.
I took the cover off the shaker for inspection, found no problems with it.
Now, I'm pretending the menu system is similar to B/W. Go into solenoid test. Nothing works. Knocker does not work either. Shaker works OK in test, that's the only thing that works.
All of the lighting tests work ok, but the backbox GI illumination setting has no effect. Maybe it's just my imagination, but the backbox GI seems not as bright as before. Hopefully just my imagination.
So this is my first dealing with the Pinheck board, on the solenoid fuses one LED appeared to be out. I can't see for sh*t, so I pulled a fuse over a lit LED and it went off. Did the same for another and it also went off. Plug them back in and the LEDs come on. So I figure this is like Pin2K and the LEDs indicate blown fuses. Pull the balls from the VUK manually, put them back into the trough. Power cycle the game and it comes up, loads a ball into the lane. All of the fuse LEDs are now lit, and I didn't touch them.
I turned it off, but the glass back on, shot the ball into the drain, power it back up.
Hit start, the display shows the robot with "LOADING", but no ball goes ever into the trough. Notice three out of four LEDs on the fuses are out again. Power cycle a few more times, and leave it off for longer. It finally starts working again.
I put VUK strength on 10 to avoid more stuck balls in there, and we played an hour without any apparent problems. I didn't pay attention to the LEDs on the fuses anymore.
Anybody seen anything like this? I'm running V19.
Questions:
Why solenoid test no worky? Coin door switch has no affect, not like it cuts out the HV like on B/W. Is this just a dead menu on V19, or is this from a blown fuse? Can the game seem to work OK with any of the fuses out?
What does the backbox GI setting do?
Why do the LEDs under the fuses appear to do random things?
Another weirdness, this happened twice last night. Player one drains, display switches to player two. Player two shoots the ball, and before even hitting any targets there is another autoeject so there are two balls. It doesn't seem to be an earned multiball, no callouts go with it, like it's a random autoeject.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

Please take a picture of your switch matrix screen and send it to me (service@spookypinball.com).

Also, I don't think it's related, but try unplugging anything that is not factory installey and see if anything changes for you.

#8404 2 years ago

Yes improvements to the animations are part of this as well.

Been working on this for seven days straight now feel like my brain is going to slide out of my head...

#8405 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

feel like my brain is going to slide out of my head...

That would make a kick ass animation Ben!
All kidding aside, I can't wait for this update for my RZ. Thanks for all you and the team do!

#8406 2 years ago

I'm pretty pumped for v20, looks awesome so far!

#8407 2 years ago

Can't wait for v20.

#8408 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Been working on this for seven days straight now feel like my brain is going to slide out of my head...

RZ owners are very fortunate to have the whole code team on this! Looking forward to what comes!

#8409 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bring back the "coin-slot" animation that Charlie thought was over the top!

#8410 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can't be any worse than what I'm imagining it is.

#8411 2 years ago

Hey Spooky folks.. you should make a Rocky Horror Picture Show!

spookycharlie spookykt

#8412 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

+1, please.

#8413 2 years ago

And now for a programming break.. FIRE THE CANNON!

149636641597358102887 (resized).jpg

#8414 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And now for a programming break.. FIRE THE CANNON!

I spend my programming breaks playing RZ. I feel like this makes us relatives on some alternate plane of existence.

edit: Kidding, I know you must get those legit stalkers, Dad.

#8415 2 years ago

Listened to the spooky podcast today , sounds like V20 is going to be a huge update . Can't wait to check it out .

#8416 2 years ago

Just listened to the podcast as well and I'm seriously pumped for not only my game to ship and for this update to drop!

#8417 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Listened to the spooky podcast today , sounds like V20 is going to be a huge update . Can't wait to check it out .

Link?

Sounds good.

#8418 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Link?
Sounds good.

iTunes spooky pinball podcast, or on Stitcher or directly from their website

#8419 2 years ago

You can never have enough skeletons!

1496418205030938794482 (resized).jpg

#8420 2 years ago

2spooky4me

#8421 2 years ago

Pretty excited for the mode dedicated to boobs.. "Pop the tops"

#8422 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That gives me a boner. Get it??!!??

#8423 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That looks to be a higher-resolution image for the next Spooky machine, The House of Harryhausen! I am sure that you'll make Ray proud.

Brad

#8424 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Where can I see this animation?

#8425 2 years ago

I traced the skeleton and made his parts for "width 128" so they'll work in close-ups and scale decently to put several on screen. It's for the wizard mode.

Spent 9 days straight working with the Davids on v20. I think people will be quite happy with what we've accomplished!

See you at Southern Fried!

#8426 2 years ago

This is great to hear.

Had a friend see my RZ for the first time and he was amazed how nice the powder coating was and how good the real backglass was.

The better the code turns out the more people will be on board for Alice

#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The better the code turns out the more people will be on board for Alice

Haven't finished my espresso yet. I read 'Alice' as Alice In Wonderland. Man what a dream theme for me. Who wouldn't want a pin based on an imaginative, chaotic, rambling, up-for-interpretation 19th century literary masterpiece...

Maybe someday Spooky can make it happen based loosely off the dark American McGee view into the realm:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee%27s_Alice

Let me bring this back to topic:
Rob is ready for delivery to SFGE

If you're in striking distance come to the show, it's becoming a great show. You won't see huge game reveals but you will get pretty much everything else you'd enjoy out of a good pincon weekend including strong representation of new games by marco and a strong representation by ATL/SE USA collectors.

IMG_2658 (resized).JPG

#8428 2 years ago

So what's the trick to hitting the left orbit? I have a hell of a time with it for some reason. I hit it sometimes but i feel like it's more luck then a strategy.

#8429 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

So what's the trick to hitting the left orbit? I have a hell of a time with it for some reason. I hit it sometimes but i feel like it's more luck then a strategy.

Trap then on a slow roll, shoot when the ball is close to the end of the flipper. Practice makes perfect.

#8430 2 years ago

Any chance of getting an update on the code changes that occurred during the "9 day code update of justice"?

#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Trap then on a slow roll, shoot when the ball is close to the end of the flipper. Practice makes perfect.

I get so frustrated when i spell dragula and then cant get into video mode before draining the ball.

#8432 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I get so frustrated when i spell dragula and then cant get into video mode before draining the ball.

Go for multiball instead. Worth way more points.

rd

#8433 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

The update puts a timer on that selection now, so you'll get forced into MB after a while.

#8434 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The update puts a timer on that selection now, so you'll get forced into MB after a while.

Is there still incentive to actually shoot for the right orbit to start the MB? It would really suck if the change makes it so people just trap and wait or shoot safe shots until the timer expires.

#8435 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Any chance of getting an update on the code changes that occurred during the "9 day code update of justice"?

Not till after SFGE. So many things have changed, working through all the new bugs now.

#8436 2 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Practice , practice, practice also nice clean play field. I've been cleaning mine weekly/bi weekly(Mr Sheen) and hit the left orbit 9 out of 10. Right orbit maybe 6 out of 10. This games shots (orbits at least) don't become second nature as quickly as a Stern, but it will happen.

#8437 2 years ago

Murder Ride Sign.
la caja de pandora 3 (resized).jpg
20170605_210110 (resized).jpg

#8438 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Murder Ride Sign.

A suggestion about this mod...extend it to the right to cover the rest of the bare wood. I've always been sorta bugged by the unfinished edge of the upper playfield. If you extended the right side of your sign and put 2 holes in it for the wireform, it would totally finish off the look of the playfield edge. Just a thought.

#8439 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Murder Ride Sign.

On those rare occasions where the ball gets behind the upper PF flipper, will it fit between the sign and the PF, or does it create a spot for the ball to hang?

#8440 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

On those rare occasions where the ball gets behind the upper PF flipper, will it fit between the sign and the PF, or does it create a spot for the ball to hang?

The ball fits right through the space between the upper playfield and the sign. No ball hangs.

#8441 2 years ago

Finally made the launch skill shot, and managed to do it twice in a row in one game. And another 20 games later or so, still not a single time! Argh!!!

#8442 2 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

Finally made the launch skill shot, and managed to do it twice in a row in one game. And another 20 games later or so, still not a single time! Argh!!!

look for the extra ball once you make all three skill shots at once. Such a high!

#8443 2 years ago

Here's my Red Hot Arrow Mod. In this video I accidentally hooked it up to the Murder Ride Arrow but it should be hooked up to the outer loop so every time the red arrow is lit on the playfield, the Red Hot arrow will light up. I'm still debating on whether or not to light up the actual sign. When I do the light is really bright on the backside. Front side is a little washed out in the photos but looks good in person.

Without light behind RHPL sign.
20170608_223809 (resized).jpg

With light behind RHPL sign.
20170608_223640 (resized).jpg

#8444 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here's my Red Hot Arrow Mod. In this video I accidentally hooked it up to the Murder Ride Arrow but it should be hooked up to the outer loop so every time the red arrow is lit on the playfield, the Red Hot arrow will light up. I'm still debating on whether or not to light up the actual sign. When I do the light is really bright on the backside. Front side is a little washed out in the photos but looks good in person.

» YouTube video

TAKE MY MONEY DUDE!!!!!!!!

#8445 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

» YouTube video

Awesome Tim . . . now that is what I was talking about!

#8446 2 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

» YouTube video

That is pretty dope!

#8447 2 years ago

Get that on your site. Awesome!!!!

#8448 2 years ago

Nice work Tim! Are they available now on your web? "They" block your web at work

#8449 2 years ago

Love the arrow, I'll be getting one when you're ready to sell them.

#8450 2 years ago

Thanks guys! I've only built the one prototype so far. Any thoughts on whether or not I should back light the sign or not based on the photos? Once I have the design finalized and have some of these built up I'll post them on my site.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside