Topic Stats

• 10,415 posts
  • 596 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by zombywoof
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WhiteZombie92 (resized).png
WhiteZombie95 (resized).png
20190810_133945 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1563820437393 (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).JPG
IMG_1367 (resized).JPG
IMG_1372 (resized).JPG
IMG_1902 (resized).JPG
F6B8E607-17C5-48AD-B696-18FA2AFA43B2 (resized).jpeg
0F7FCB3E-D642-4AE3-B4C3-8192714D4CDA (resized).jpeg
1A871351-2495-487D-8EA8-5ACA0BA91AEF (resized).JPG
29810D4F-E648-4A6A-B19D-F6A3F2314336 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3549 (resized).jpg
IMG_3548 (resized).jpg
IMG_3550 (resized).jpg
EFAA7CF4-2C8E-4134-8CEF-29D2F909EF9D (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10415 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 209.
#8351 2 years ago

I agree the robot was more of a pain in the ass than it looks. I ended up widening the slot in the bumper cap so that I could get the servo in place, then slide the cap into place.

#8352 2 years ago

i have plans for the robot, but may not make it till after v20

#8353 2 years ago

Rob Zombie Dream Team Go!

IMG_20170527_181512 (resized).jpg

#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

don't even think about taking time off for the holiday weekend! it's bad enough i don't see fingers on the keyboards.

#8355 2 years ago

Wrong game! Think pizza and the Noid!

#8356 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I like what I see and feel even better about the future for Rz

#8357 2 years ago

Online play with the add-on board would be awesome and would really set Spooky Pinball further ahead of the game. And if this were something Spooky would continue down the line, it'd be a huge selling factor for me on future machines.

If it ever happens, I would be down to set up a dual live stream with another RZ owner, I have all of the camera equipment on my end.

#8358 2 years ago

Anyone else have issues with UV LEDs burning out after a while? They don't seem to last very long (~2 months max). I'm wondering if they are more suited for being driven my PWM rather than simple being on 100%. I'm not using the pinball refinery LED mod, just a set I bought off amazon.

#8359 2 years ago

Add on play over the Internet would be sort of an official first.

#8360 2 years ago

I'm bringing my modded, powder coated RZSI to Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta on June 9-11th. I'll be setup right next to Spooky. Fawzma is also bringing me an apron mod, so if it is ready for prime-time you'll see it on my game (and I'm assuming spooky/Fawzma will have on on theirs as well).

#8361 2 years ago

This talk reminds me a lot of doom2 multiplay mode. I remember calling up buddies and direct dialing their computer to play. How about an option to play co-op. If one of you completes the mode You both get it locked on.

#8362 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm bringing my modded, powder coated RZSI to Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in Atlanta on June 9-11th. I'll be setup right next to Spooky. Fawzma is also bringing me an apron mod, so if it is ready for prime-time you'll see it on my game (and I'm assuming spooky/Fawzma will have on on theirs as well).

I am getting one of the apron mods also so Ill be stoked to play it on your game before I get it home to mine

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

This talk reminds me a lot of doom2 multiplay mode. I remember calling up buddies and direct dialing their computer to play

Man, that was the shit back in the day.

Me and my younger brother used to blow the shit out of each other over the 56k modem lol

I think we used to play Duke Nukem too? It's been a while ...

rd

#8364 2 years ago

So many options can be had I feel for the programmer. Co-op and vs modes also like video games you have league tables, online comps, awards some in single player mode some in multiplayer. For example collect to grave markers awards?

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Wrong game! Think pizza and the Noid!

Our code went on hold while your game was developed. Our turn now. I suggest a 2nd coder is needed at Spooky.

#8366 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Anyone else have issues with UV LEDs burning out after a while? They don't seem to last very long (~2 months max). I'm wondering if they are more suited for being driven my PWM rather than simple being on 100%. I'm not using the pinball refinery LED mod, just a set I bought off amazon.

Is it an entire strip that goes out all at once or is it one light at a time? Do you have your machine on 24/7?

I feel like it would be more likely that it is positioned in an area where a ball or something else could short it out, or cause damage to the traces or the LED itself.

I have the Pinball Refinery Kit, but have only had it for around a week. Although most UV LED's last at least 10,000 hours.

I do have to give credit to the PR Kit, one of the strips is attached to a clear bracket to keep it far enough away from the ball. So, definitely some real thought was put into the kit.

Edit: Had a look at the reviews on a few cheap UV LED strips on Amazon. Someone claimed 14 hour runtime, someone 100 hr. So I guess it is at least possible to get low quality UV LEDs.

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Man, that was the shit back in the day.
Me and my younger brother used to blow the shit out of each other over the 56k modem lol
I think we used to play Duke Nukem too? It's been a while ...
rd

We used to sneak into work on Saturday and Co-op the engineering network and play 4 at a time. It was insane.

#8368 2 years ago

So on the new v20 beta, what are the timers counting down on the normal score screen?

Jack Danger streamed tonight and I saw it here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148137069

The owner was saying something about lightning?

#8369 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

So on the new v20 beta, what are the timers counting down on the normal score screen?
Jack Danger streamed tonight and I saw it here. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148137069

when you aren't in a main mode and you clear the top right lightning targets, a timer starts to get you to shoot the left ramp. shoot left ramp and into vuk to collect lightning bonus.

#8370 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

when you aren't in a main mode and you clear the top right lightning targets, a timer starts to get you to shoot the left ramp. shoot left ramp and into vuk to collect lightning bonus.

What points is that worth?

rd

#8371 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What points is that worth?
rd

Only 250K

#8372 2 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Looks like some new stuff added

Just an idea on the scoring as it lacks excitement.

How about multiplying everything by 10?

Jackpots of 250k become 2.5 million and games of 10 million become 100 million?

#8373 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

By this logic evey JJP game lack excitment. Why not multiply everything by 100, or 10,000

#8374 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

By this logic evey JJP game lack excitment

Oh, you've played them then.

rd

#8375 2 years ago

The new callouts were great. The lightning lighting was cool. Saw a few new dots that looked good. The intro to "what" is cool but i wonder if it will get old quickly.

I wish that when you cashed out a jackpot it showed the value.

Overall it looks like some good stuff added and can't wait to see what else they put in!

#8376 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The new callouts were great. The lightning lighting was cool. Saw a few new dots that looked good. The intro to "what" is cool but i wonder if it will get old quickly.
Overall it looks like some good stuff added and can't wait to see what else they put in!

I have been told the current updates are just the tip of the iceberg. And that we won't believe what we haven't seen yet! Ben, Charlie, David and David are working on it all week.

Brad

#8377 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

By this logic evey JJP game lack excitment. Why not multiply everything by 100, or 10,000

Actually for me they do lack excitement

#8378 2 years ago

No offense, but this has always been one of the dumbest arguments. For whatever issues there are with JJP games, they have nothing to do with the low scores. Similarly, what makes AFM great has nothing to do with the 27 extra zeros in the scoring.

If you want to make certain shots / sequences worth more points within a game's scoring spectrum, that could add excitement. However, just multiplying all scores within a game makes no sense. Seriously, put a Post-It on the DMD and you can add as many zeros as you want.

Not trying to be a dick, I just couldn't understand this concept any less.

#8379 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I have been told the current updates are just the tip of the iceberg. And that we won't believe what we haven't seen yet! Ben, Charlie, David and David are working on it all week.
Brad

That's awesome news! When I first saw it the playfield seemed a bit lacking. However after playing it on location it was super fun and forced my hand into buying one. Now the team is in full code completion mode and it's great to see. I know great things are on the way and I can't wait

#8380 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No offense, but this has always been one of the dumbest arguments. For whatever issues there are with JJP games, they have nothing to do with the low scores. Similarly, what makes AFM great has nothing to do with the 27 extra zeros in the scoring.
If you want to make certain shots / sequences worth more points within a game's scoring spectrum, that could add excitement. However, just multiplying all scores within a game makes no sense. Seriously, put a Post-It on the DMD and you can add as many zeros as you want.

I generally agree, though I saw an old factory tour video that notes a psychological factor that makes people feel like they are doing better with higher scores (compared to previous generation games, etc.). So, yes, it's nonsense, but it manages to trick some people.

However, there are some occasions where the higher scores add to a game. "Thirty!" Wouldn't be nearly as interesting a callout as "Thiiirrrttyyy Miiilliioon!" :p

#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

"Thirty!" Wouldn't be nearly as interesting a callout as "Thiiirrrttyyy Miiilliioon!" :p

Lol!

"THHHHIRRRRRRRTTTTYYYYY........"

Classic!

rd

#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Well, you need to understand psychology.

Depending on what games you have played in past, and how the reward points are structured, the brain gets conditioned to being rewarded at certain points.

The best games use intermittent re-inforcement which is THE most powerful re-inforcer for the brain.

Going back to when the knocker was invented, it was put in a game to pair a loud sound with the reward of beating the game.

So, yes , making the scores bigger isn't exactly the best idea, but psychologically speaking, bigger scores can feel more rewarding and so you get a bigger release of dopamine from the brain!

#8383 2 years ago

Happy 78th Birthday to Michael J. Pollard aka "Stucky" from House of a 1000 Corpses today.

'Little Dick Wick, played with his prick, don't his smell just make you sick?'

pollard-corpses (resized).png

#8384 2 years ago

Well, you need to understand psychology.
Depending on what games you have played in past, and how the reward points are structured, the brain gets conditioned to being rewarded at certain points.
The best games use intermittent re-inforcement which is THE most powerful re-inforcer for the brain.
Going back to when the knocker was invented, it was put in a game to pair a loud sound with the reward of beating the game.
So, yes , making the scores bigger isn't exactly the best idea, but psychologically speaking, bigger scores can feel more rewarding and so you get a bigger release of dopamine from the brain!

I was actually a Psychology major, so I get the theory.

First off, a general multiplication of scores is the opposite of (well, not the opposite, but unrelated to) intermittent reinforcement. Multiplying the scores of certain shots would qualify, but an overall multiplication doesn't.

As for people thinking they're doing better because the scores are higher, isn't this more due to unfamiliarity and the inequality of scores across games? If I get 2B on AFM, it might be 10x or 100x what I get on another game, but I still know that scores sucks on AFM. For a novice player, if they see 2B, they could be tricked into thinking they did awesome, but...

In the case of a game where you know the relative scoring, if you could flip a switch and now the scores have 2 extra zeros, I won't ever understand how a person knowing this gets more excited. This is different from the walk-up mentality of a location player feeling like they accomplished something.

Quoted from rotordave:

Lol!
"THHHHIRRRRRRRTTTTYYYYY........"
Classic!
rd

This would be HILARIOUS! Come to think of it, I'd like a tongue-in-cheek game that overly celebrated paltry scores.

#8385 2 years ago

For head to head matches one might be able to handicap the games. If one machine has a average score of 40M and the other one has an average of 80M you could handicap that in head to head play. Of course what you'd really want is to handicap individual players on a given machine....

#8386 2 years ago

So you're saying this game needs more tits right. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I was actually a Psychology major, so I get the theory.
First off, a general multiplication of scores is the opposite of (well, not the opposite, but unrelated to) intermittent reinforcement. Multiplying the scores of certain shots would qualify, but an overall multiplication doesn't.
As for people thinking they're doing better because the scores are higher, isn't this more due to unfamiliarity and the inequality of scores across games? If I get 2B on AFM, it might be 10x or 100x what I get on another game, but I still know that scores sucks on AFM. For a novice player, if they see 2B, they could be tricked into thinking they did awesome, but...
In the case of a game where you know the relative scoring, if you could flip a switch and now the scores have 2 extra zeros, I won't ever understand how a person knowing this gets more excited. This is different from the walk-up mentality of a location player feeling like they accomplished something.

This would be HILARIOUS! Come to think of it, I'd like a tongue-in-cheek game that overly celebrated paltry scores.

Yeah, intermittent reinforcement is not related to adding zeros. Slots are best example though. Kind of 'I might just win this time'.

Going back to adding zeros - it all depends on what games a player has played in the past. If your brain has prior knowledge of being rewarded a lot for scoring 100's of millions, then conditioning does the rest.

Anyway, perhaps it makes more sense to mention great big jackpots/super jackpots that reward specific shot sequences? Iron Man wouldn't be the same game without the 35 million Jericho count down jackpot for example.

Quoted from davijc02:

So you're saying this game needs more tits right. I'm pretty sure that's what you meant

Seconds thoughts, just do this

#8388 2 years ago

Spare no detail!

14961855116942086033409 (resized).jpg

#8389 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I really hope the scoring feedback gets addressed. If I make a shot that is worth more than the 'usual' points it should tell you exactly what it's worth.

#8390 2 years ago

Yes we are creating new splash screens to show jackpot values and also the value of major shots in every mode.

Plus more boobs in adult mode

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Answering the important questions. Thanks Ben!

#8393 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes we are creating new splash screens to show jackpot values and also the value of major shots in every mode.

How awesome would life be if any time you asked for something the answer was 'yes and you get more boobs'!

#8394 2 years ago

Let me thank David and Spooky for helping to get a custom message up on RZSI yesterday for my son Christian when Jack Danger came over.

Brad

custom1.png

custom2.png

#8395 2 years ago

Hey, can anyone throw me a list/link of all the fuses on the PinHeck board? Trying to keep a stock of spares, and all my fuses are the longer style

#8396 2 years ago

Updating a lot of stuff, and we ain't lyin', man!

14962405097711047516424 (resized).jpg

#8397 2 years ago

Can't wait for the updates. I know of a few people who sold/backed out of RZ because the game code wasn't good enough for them. I kept mine specifically because I felt you guys would get it to at least the level of AMH (which is awesome) AND I love the theme. If this turns out great, then I think it will help solidify the Spooky games as being a cut above.

BTW: Can't wait for Alice Cooper's nightmare too.

#8398 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Updating a lot of stuff, and we ain't lyin', man!

Instant info?

#8399 2 years ago

OK, we got our game.

Love it. Hats off to Spooky.

Played for a couple days, no problems, other than I generally suck at pinball.
Last night, I installed the Laseriffic topper. Everything seems fine.

We were playing the game and during some crazy multiball action the shaker started sounding really weird, like it's busted. Then the backbox GI cut out completely but the game otherwise kept working. I power cycled it and the GI came back up. Tried to play and it was missing a ball. Found two balls in the VUK.

I took the cover off the shaker for inspection, found no problems with it.
Now, I'm pretending the menu system is similar to B/W. Go into solenoid test. Nothing works. Knocker does not work either. Shaker works OK in test, that's the only thing that works.

All of the lighting tests work ok, but the backbox GI illumination setting has no effect. Maybe it's just my imagination, but the backbox GI seems not as bright as before. Hopefully just my imagination.

So this is my first dealing with the Pinheck board, on the solenoid fuses one LED appeared to be out. I can't see for sh*t, so I pulled a fuse over a lit LED and it went off. Did the same for another and it also went off. Plug them back in and the LEDs come on. So I figure this is like Pin2K and the LEDs indicate blown fuses. Pull the balls from the VUK manually, put them back into the trough. Power cycle the game and it comes up, loads a ball into the lane. All of the fuse LEDs are now lit, and I didn't touch them.

I turned it off, but the glass back on, shot the ball into the drain, power it back up.
Hit start, the display shows the robot with "LOADING", but no ball goes ever into the trough. Notice three out of four LEDs on the fuses are out again. Power cycle a few more times, and leave it off for longer. It finally starts working again.

I put VUK strength on 10 to avoid more stuck balls in there, and we played an hour without any apparent problems. I didn't pay attention to the LEDs on the fuses anymore.

Anybody seen anything like this? I'm running V19.

Questions:

Why solenoid test no worky? Coin door switch has no affect, not like it cuts out the HV like on B/W. Is this just a dead menu on V19, or is this from a blown fuse? Can the game seem to work OK with any of the fuses out?

What does the backbox GI setting do?

Why do the LEDs under the fuses appear to do random things?

Another weirdness, this happened twice last night. Player one drains, display switches to player two. Player two shoots the ball, and before even hitting any targets there is another autoeject so there are two balls. It doesn't seem to be an earned multiball, no callouts go with it, like it's a random autoeject.

#8400 2 years ago

is v20 going to include dmd enhancements or will that lag? There was some discussion about the quality of images and I know that video mode is somewhat difficult to follow as the number of pixels is too low.

psssst ... pssssst ..... when is v20 going to be available?

ps - if the kid ain't coding, tell him to get busy with the podcast. Screw those school assignments, this is important. Spooky listeners are ready for their June 1 feeding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Draper, UT
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
There are 10415 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 209.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside