2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 223.
#8301 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What do you think these would cost if it was a stern add on?

IMG_5983 (resized).JPGIMG_5983 (resized).JPG

#8302 6 years ago

$300 is VERY reasonable. Pinball Mike's AC/DC interactive LCD was $400 plus shipping.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon

My only critique is that it doesn't play music vids for the modes or movie scenes like Mikes. I liked that Mikes is customizable and without having to get approval/convert files.

All the information is very cool and pertinent but wish it was displayed on the DMD in the first place. It definitely will help with understanding some of the objectives in the game for people.

#8303 6 years ago

This can play video just fine. What I can't do is include any with the mod. We had the Alice Copper pin trailer playing at MGC on this.

There is more to this mod that just seeing your score/ball, just gotta be patient. New video mode types.. head to head.. sensors..

And about the price.. 350-400 was going to be the original price, but decided on 300. Keep in mind, I am not building 100's of these at one time. At $150 I would be losing money.

#8304 6 years ago

Hopefully, I wasnt a downer in my previous post. Sounds like you have a lot of interesting stuff planned for this Dave! Thanks for the update and hard work with this and the game. Looking forward to v20!

#8305 6 years ago

Sold. Once RZ code gets tested and finalized, I'll be picking one of these up.

#8306 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This can play video just fine. What I can't do is include any with the mod. We had the Alice Copper pin trailer playing at MGC on this.
There is more to this mod that just seeing your score/ball, just gotta be patient. New video mode types.. head to head.. sensors..
And about the price.. 350-400 was going to be the original price, but decided on 300. Keep in mind, I am not building 100's of these at one time. At $150 I would be losing money.

Sounds cool! I look forward to more video of gameplay integration.

#8307 6 years ago

Ok originally hearing $300 and what video I've seen I figured I could do without. However it sounds like some more coolness could be in the works. Head to head? Like internet connectivity and playing against other owners?

#8308 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Ok originally hearing $300 and what video I've seen I figured I could do without. However it sounds like some more coolness could be in the works. Head to head? Like internet connectivity and playing against other owners?

Internet connectivity H2H would be awesome.

#8309 6 years ago

Does it use a raspberry pi? Or tapped into cpu

#8310 6 years ago

Keeping in mid the tron arcade mod cost 250 and just looks cool. This adds to the game. Plus Daves commitment to keep adding and improving code I'm sure will carry into his mods. That's the number one reason I'm all in $300 is a deal. We won't get stuck with half coded stuff. Looks cool and can't wait for more. I'm In.

#8311 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm in too. It's not like $300 one way or the other changes how much I will pinball.

#8312 6 years ago

300 bucks is less than expected and pretty fair imho

Damn, even my RGB-Lockbar with RZ-logo and nothing more is 300 bucks. Here there's way more bang for your buck.

Sometimes dunno what people expect

#8313 6 years ago

Oh forgot 2 write: I'm in

#8314 6 years ago

I saw an early version of this mod at mgc and gave some input on what info I would like to see displayed on it . I'm in .

#8315 6 years ago
Quoted from fugus:

Does it use a raspberry pi? Or tapped into cpu

Uses Ras. Pi that gets info from main board.

#8316 6 years ago

I went to a horror convention this past weekend, and got Sid Haig to sign my LE translite.

IMG_1538 (resized).JPGIMG_1538 (resized).JPG

IMG_1541 (resized).JPGIMG_1541 (resized).JPG

IMG_1540 (resized).JPGIMG_1540 (resized).JPG

We chatted a bit about the game, and the dude was a riot. He said that after years of seeing and signing a lot of cool stuff, he's rarely blown away - but this was one of the coolest things he's ever seen. He even took a photo of it with his own phone.

#8317 6 years ago

I had him sign the LE trans also and couldn't say enough nice things about Charlie and the gang. He was absolutely blown away that they were taking on such a big project with as many people as they have. He loved the game.

#8318 6 years ago

It's all a bit nutty if you step away from it and pretend you're not a pinball junkie.

#8319 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I went to a horror convention this past weekend, and got Sid Haig to sign my LE translite.

We chatted a bit about the game, and the dude was a riot. He said that after years of seeing and signing a lot of cool stuff, he's rarely blown away - but this was one of the coolest things he's ever seen. He even took a photo of it with his own phone.

That's awesome! I wish he would come through Texas. I would like to get my translight signed also something from the captain spaulding fun chicken I'm currently building.

#8320 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Does the apron mod require v20 code?

#8321 6 years ago

New shooter ride arrived, nice! Also, has anyone had fuse F1 blow? The one that is for the VUK, upper flipper and some other stuff? I won't have a replacement fuse until Friday.

IMG_3508 (resized).JPGIMG_3508 (resized).JPG

#8322 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Hypothetically, since neither is available yet, were you planning to install one but not the other?

#8323 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Yes v20 and on. unless you want it to simple rotate the instruction cards.

#8324 6 years ago
Quoted from boost:

the captain spaulding fun chicken I'm currently building.

That sounds awesome!

#8325 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Yes v20 and on. unless you want it to simple rotate the instruction cards.

I know you're stupid busy with everything but could you elaborate more on your idea on head to head and sensors?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8326 6 years ago

Im Jonesing for the v20 update. I should have volunteered to test it when Dave posted over the weekend.

71552702 (resized).jpg71552702 (resized).jpg

#8327 6 years ago

I feel you, I was swamped last weekend but will have lots of time this weekend!

#8328 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's $300 + shipping.

Ill take one also and Ill be at SFGE

#8329 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Im Jonesing for the v20 update. I should have volunteered to test it when Dave posted over the weekend.

I think you mean

1pqagk (resized).jpg1pqagk (resized).jpg

#8330 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I know you're stupid busy with everything but could you elaborate more on your idea on head to head and sensors?

head to head.. take two RZ's to a show.. link them up and play the game in a new way.

#8331 6 years ago

It's time to work on RZ code and listen to Meatloaf!

#8332 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

head to head.. take two RZ's to a show.. link them up and play the game in a new way.

You've got to make this work over the net. I'm not sure we can get multiple RZs at many shows. More importantly I want to be able to do this without having to be at a show... Would be a real boon for future spooky games too. Latency shouldn't be a big issue if you're just triggering events through a messaging protocol.

I had two NBA fastbreaks and linked them at my house for a while. Super fun linked up, just took up way to much space since I'm not a basketball fan. Ended up selling them (partially so RZ would fit in the house) and would love to have some head to head competition through a modern pin.

#8333 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's time to work on RZ code and listen to Meatloaf!

Work like a Bat out of Hell!

rd

#8334 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

You've got to make this work over the net.

What's to stop your opponent from just playing with the glass off?

#8335 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Hopefully a burning desire not to be a douche.

#8336 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

this, and many other things (playfield pitch, coil strength, rubber material, etc, etc) all change the way a game plays. i hope FawzmaGames can overcome these things so it can be done over the net and not just at a show.

#8337 6 years ago

Fair enough. I personally would not do that, but it is just one of the difficulties facing 'net connected competition. Differences in setup are another.

#8338 6 years ago

You've got to make this work over the net. I'm not sure we can get multiple RZs at many shows. More importantly I want to be able to do this without having to be at a show... Would be a real boon for future spooky games too. Latency shouldn't be a big issue if you're just triggering events through a messaging protocol.
I had two NBA fastbreaks and linked them at my house for a while. Super fun linked up, just took up way to much space since I'm not a basketball fan. Ended up selling them (partially so RZ would fit in the house) and would love to have some head to head competition through a modern pin.

I need to test the wifi adapter. The pi is configured in a way that prevents the OS from corrupting on shutdown, so the onboard wifi doesn't work.

#8339 6 years ago

A techy was able to get RFM's communicating to a high score server for a few years before retiring it. It would definitely be a cool feature as a few friends have RZ's to do this.

#8340 6 years ago

Had this happen twice, so it's rare but somewhat repeatable: I had a air ball bounce back to the ball lane behind/over the plunger somehow, and it dropped down into the bottom right corner of the cabinet. The bounce is so fast it's hard to tell exactly what happens.
But it drops on or near the blue power box, I'd rather avoid that getting damaged.

#8341 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Hopefully a burning desire not to be a douche.

This Happens with any online gaming.

How about a head to head mode where you each have 30 seconds to lock the ball and have to play a mode together. First one finishes get the points!

The PI also has a wired connector. If it's going to be located in the head one could always run a wire to their wifi router. Then it would still be on the same network and wi fi and allow a current score for all players website to be accessed on the pi. Even a break down of how the heck your opponent got his scores.
Could even pull up its website on a tv or computer. Just have it on dhcp and a setting to "show ip if on network" in the mod to occasionally show the ip while not in a game.

#8342 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I need to test the wifi adapter. The pi is configured in a way that prevents the OS from corrupting on shutdown, so the onboard wifi doesn't work.

It'd be worth finding a way to do it, or even adding an external wifi USB adapter or cable. I just hate to see a bunch of work put into a feature that could rarely be used. I take games to TPF every year. I'll already be taking my fully restored/customized Centaur next year so it's a possibility I could take RZ, but that's a long ways off to try out a new game/feature.

If the regular wired port is still working, we can probably add one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Dreambox-Network-Printer-Microsoft/dp/B005OIB6XI/ref=sr_1_4

If you're looking for ideas about the interaction, make sure you check out the NBAs. The big draw is it's a head to head timed game, but one one person gets a multiball, or mode the other player is given it also. Really helps lower level players still compete with a better player. The timed 4 quarters obviously works perfect with NBA so I am excited to see what you come up with for RZ.

#8343 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I'll agree with the don't be a douche comment. The simple reality is that even when I had two NBAs sitting side by side, they played different. We leveled them exactly, but the flippers, rubbers, wax all have an affect. Obviously this wouldn't be for high stakes competitions, but it would still be a blast even if one game was setup different from the other.

Any configured parameters in the game menu setup could be modified automatically in software when playing a linked game. NBA handled this quite well. You're already familiar with your own machine so each player has an advantage there, but RZ plays so fast and crazy that I think minor differences in the level etc would be overshadowed by just a fun unique experience.

#8344 6 years ago

I really hope the effort is put into the online play. I'd love to be in my basement battling other RZ owners!

#8345 6 years ago

Obviously this wouldn't be for high stakes competitions, but it would still be a blast even if one game was setup different from the other.

Very true and I think it would encourage more people to play pinball due to Fawzma's innovation.

#8346 6 years ago

Online head to head play would be the feature to put this game over the top. As much as I like playing dialed in the whole controlling the flippers via cell phone is lame. If this happens I can see others modding other things to help integrate the online play such as voice chat so you can talk smack back and forth

#8347 6 years ago

Bangerjay had 2 trons next to each other and he had the gem switch on each game hooked into the tilt of the other so when you hit the gem shot on your game you tilted the other player out . Something like this would be cool so your play could have a negative effect on the person you are playing against. Would have to have enable/disable option though I am sure not everyone would like this.

#8348 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Bangerjay had 2 trons next to each other and he had the gem switch on each game hooked into the tilt of the other so when you hit the gem shot on your game you tilted the other player out . Something like this would be cool so your play could have a negative effect on the person you are playing against. Would have to have enable/disable option though I am sure not everyone would like this.

Ok that's pretty awesome

#8349 6 years ago

Another thought not necessarily for rz but operators would find useful would be some kind of remote access not for diagnostics but for coin takings and some sort of tracking gps or something tracking stolen machines.

Maybe a unit that mounted in the machine not necessarily a screen mod.

Or course maybe recording access to credit dot errors would be useful.

I've always thought software should have been wifi upgradable though sd card is an easy method and does the job.

#8350 6 years ago

Replaced the servo motor for the robot tonight, What a pain in the ass. Lost a couple screws to who knows where, Small parts in tight areas that do not want to line up and are way different then the instructions are not my strong point. Got it done and everything works again. I hope the new code makes fixing the robot worth it. Took over an hour to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/167?hl=deafcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.