2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 223.
#8251 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

It plays really well - i have some kind of issue with the robot that i'm trying to troubleshoot

The servo is likely going to need to be replaced. It's a simple fix and takes about 10 minutes. There is a clear shield that the servo tends to rub on and it wears down motor.

When you reinstall the new one try to make sure you position it properly so that it has clearance when it moves, the best you can. Once you get into it you will see what I mean.

#8252 6 years ago
Quoted from RobOOZE:

Rob Zombie 275 has made it home.

Isn't she a little young to be drinking a PBR?

#8253 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Drinking PBR is an inalienable right of every American regardless of age

#8254 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Drinking PBR is an inalienable right of every American regardless of age

If you can stomach it, more power to you.

#8255 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

looking for the playfield lighting mods . uv one had the info but misplaced it thanks in advance . mine ships next week

You may have seen the Pin Stadium lights ( www.pinstadium.com )with the optional flasher upgrade UV+Glow mod. Here is a video of them with:

and the same machine without (literally same machine #12 LE):

I hope this helps and is what you were looking for.

Scott

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#8256 6 years ago

OK, so I got the email today from KT, my game is ready. Yay!

I was in another thread that people have been getting damaged games from some shipper, I think R&L was the name.

To the happy people, who shipped your game?
Thanks!

#8257 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I was in another thread that people have been getting damaged games from some shipper, I think R&L was the name.
Thanks!

The corner of mine was pretty beat up, but Spooky did a great job securing this for the distance and hands it went through. No complaints once machine was out of the box. IMG_0715 (resized).JPGIMG_0715 (resized).JPGIMG_0716 (resized).JPGIMG_0716 (resized).JPG

#8258 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Thanks!

It was R&L - It was not damaged at all and the shipping guy was nice. He even helped me bring it in (i offered to pay him)

#8259 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

It was R&L - It was not damaged at all and the shipping guy was nice. He even helped me bring it in (i offered to pay him)

I had the same excellent experience with R&L.... no damage and the delivery guy was super nice, helped me bring it into the house without hesitation, then refused to take any tip. In fact he was willing to help me carry it in, literally, with each of us on a side, even down stairs! When I got out my dolly he was happy.

#8260 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Funny thing is she is older than I am. This is what I was drinking when I was taking the picture.

20170519_013730 (resized).jpg20170519_013730 (resized).jpg

#8261 6 years ago

Testing now! It's getting close. Have to report back over weekend. Loaded ok, infected mode worked fine(only had once so far) new call outs and other stuff cool(not going to spoil anything lol). Off to do more testing.

IMG_0254 (resized).JPGIMG_0254 (resized).JPG

#8262 6 years ago

I'm still on the fence about putting my mylar on or not. What's the general consensus? Because I will be routing it in a month or so

#8263 6 years ago

So I'm 4 days in and my thoughts so far

-Great Game

-Still have the servo robot issue that i'm going to try to look at this weekend based on the spooky video

-Scoring is a little odd. I feel that completing a level/mode should be worth more points then it is because I feel like I get more points from a multiball then completing a level which is super hard to do. I've literally only completed 1 mode so far (The What Mode)

-I love the chop ball save

-Could have more sounds/callouts etc but that's supposed to be coming in V20

Overall love the machine. Super addicting.

#8264 6 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

I'm still on the fence about putting my mylar on or not. What's the general consensus? Because I will be routing it in a month or so

mylar is never a bad thing to put on. that being said, the clear that is on these playfields is some of the best out there. I can personally vouch for both spooky and jjp (having close ties to both) that they have had over 1,000,000 (million) balls travel the same path on test playfields to see how the clear holds up. with that being said, if putting mylar down will make you feel better about routing a limited run machine, then for your own stress relief put some down.

#8265 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Quoted from bman46:It was R&L - It was not damaged at all and the shipping guy was nice. He even helped me bring it in (i offered to pay him)

I had the same excellent experience with R&L.... no damage and the delivery guy was super nice, helped me bring it into the house without hesitation, then refused to take any tip. In fact he was willing to help me carry it in, literally, with each of us on a side, even down stairs! When I got out my dolly he was happy.

OK, I'll have R&L deliver it to my work.

Thanks for the replies.

#8266 6 years ago

Apron mod test video is up at facebook.com/FawzmaGames

#8267 6 years ago

R&L was great here too - I was still at work but they dropped the pallet on the walk by our front door, exactly where my wife asked them to. She said they were super nice and kept going on about "best Christmas present ever!" (it showed up a couple days before xmas). She said she didn't have the heart to tell them it wasn't a surprise.

#8268 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Apron mod test video is up at facebook.com/FawzmaGames

This link should go directly to the video:

https://www.facebook.com/FawzmaGames/videos/1502179013173377/

#8269 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

PM me with any questions or email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. I would be more than happy to help. Here is a discount code for RZ owners that will give you a free flasher option upgrade: RZOWNER

Is this deal still good? I tried it but it looked like it only gave half off the flasher upgrade now.

#8270 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Is this deal still good? I tried it but it looked like it only gave half off the flasher upgrade now.

Yes it is still good, you must have tried to upgrade to the UV+Glow which is $50 extra and the limited time code I provided "FREEFLASH" is for the standard flashers colors valued at $25. So it is correct how it calculated it. So in essence you get 50% of the UV+Plus upgrade option.

#8271 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Testing now! It's getting close. Have to report back over weekend. Loaded ok, infected mode worked fine(only had once so far) new call outs and other stuff cool(not going to spoil anything lol). Off to do more testing.

True some great new sound effects, call outs etc. Have been playing this solidly for 2 days now but....and its a big but! Scoring is still in the dark ages compared to any other dmd game. For me I can forgo any new call outs, for now the game needs to realise it's objectives and scoring potential much much better. Sorry to say still no sweet shot that earns you big points or an edge of your seat hurry up. So long way to go but as always thanks Fawzma for working incredibly hard on RZ and for continuing to do so.

#8272 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

True some great new sound effects, call outs etc. Have been playing this solidly for 2 days now but....and its a big but! Scoring is still in the dark ages compared to any other dmd game. For me I can forgo any new call outs, for now the game needs to realise it's objectives and scoring potential much much better. Sorry to say still no sweet shot that earns you big points or an edge of your seat hurry up. So long way to go but as always thanks Fawzma for working incredibly hard on RZ and for continuing to do so.

I think/hope scoring is one of the things being worked on for next update and subsequent updates.

At the moment, I agree there are no big shots/rewards for some big jackpots/super jackpots etc.

Personally I think there are too many multiballs and I prefer one of the options discussed that you have to earn Metal Multiball by starting/completing a set number of modes.

I only play play now to try and complete modes and work towards Hellbound although haven't got remotely close to that goal!

Hurry up's are cool. i.e as you complete LDG , maybe 10 seconds to hit the right outlane for 10 million points or something kind of like that.

Maybe instead of all modes finishing with multiballs, maybe some have these types of countdown hurry up's?

Game will keep getting better which is why I bought it

#8273 6 years ago

I am getting a list together of those interested in the mod.

http://www.fawzma.com/rz-apron-mod-info/

#8274 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm interested, but it absolutely depends on price. If you can throw out a ballpark number, that would help.

#8275 6 years ago

The idea of earning a multiball that carries a multiplier sounds awesome!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8276 6 years ago

Wow game #275, Spooky never fails to impress, almost there!

#8277 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm interested, but it absolutely depends on price. If you can throw out a ballpark number, that would help.

Same! Price will really matter, it's seems like a lot is going into this. RPI , LCD screen, new apron? I'm gonna guess it wont be cheap!

I'll take a wild guess and say $250ish.

#8278 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Same! Price will really matter, it's seems like a lot is going into this. RPI , LCD screen, new apron? I'm gonna guess it wont be cheap!

That's probably close. I don't want to waste Fawzma's time by putting my name on the list if I'm priced out. $250 is probably my cutoff, but it looks like a great mod. I hope he sells a ton.

#8279 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Signed up and it said I would receive another activation/confirmation email and I never received anything. Hopefully it added me.

#8280 6 years ago

Does anoyone have a video or pictures on the proper way to lift this playfield and keep it in the upright position? I looked on youtube and found videos and a lot referenced a kickstand which this does not have. How do you keep it up without it falling or damaging anything? I did lift it it just seems like what i was doing was incorrect. Thanks in advance.

#8281 6 years ago

Also no luck with the robot after fiddling with it.

#8282 6 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

Does anoyone have a video or pictures on the proper way to lift this playfield and keep it in the upright position? I looked on youtube and found videos and a lot referenced a kickstand which this does not have. How do you keep it up without it falling or damaging anything? I did lift it it just seems like what i was doing was incorrect. Thanks in advance.

You lift ti by lifting the front - sliding the whole thing forward until it stops, then lifting all the way up and resting it gently back on the head box. It will be at an angle that stops if from falling forwards then. There is no kickstand - those things are on older games and were terrible.

#8283 6 years ago

RZLE#21 on its way!!! I was told the box was designed by Mr. Zombie himself.
20170521_171058 (resized).jpg20170521_171058 (resized).jpg

#8284 6 years ago

I was running through the tests and noticed my LDG RGB green and blue were swapped, then the next option in the menus was to "swap green and blue" after testing this I realized it only affected LDG, which is what I needed and was the issue. Curious as to what happened here.

Also, when is the robot supposed to move? I haven't really noticed him moving much, except when I go into test mode. Again, just curious.

Keep up the great work Fawzma. Looking forward to V20

#8285 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

You lift ti by lifting the front - sliding the whole thing forward until it stops, then lifting all the way up and resting it gently back on the head box. It will be at an angle that stops if from falling forwards then. There is no kickstand - those things are on older games and were terrible.

And don't forget to either remove the balls first, before lifting ... or stuff a rag down the hole to stop them coming out.

rd

#8286 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

RZLE#21 on its way!!! I was told the box was designed by Mr. Zombie himself.

That is badass -
I wouldn't be able to throw out the box

#8287 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks - just seems awkward and i dont want to break or scratch aomething

#8288 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And don't forget to either remove the balls first, before lifting ... or stuff a rag down the hole to stop them coming out.
rd

I did that based on tipa from the videos i had watched - thanks for looking out

#8289 6 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

I was running through the tests and noticed my LDG RGB green and blue were swapped, then the next option in the menus was to "swap green and blue" after testing this I realized it only affected LDG, which is what I needed and was the issue. Curious as to what happened here.
Also, when is the robot supposed to move? I haven't really noticed him moving much, except when I go into test mode. Again, just curious.
Keep up the great work Fawzma. Looking forward to V20

The RGB on LDG have swapped green/blue on some machines. The menu option is there to correct that.

Robot moves when hit, moves towards the upper playfield when a ball lands in the VUK, and reacts to the skillshot. I have ideas I want to do to utilize the robot more, but that won't be till after v20.

#8290 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The RGB on LDG have swapped green/blue on some machines. The menu option is there to correct that.
Robot moves when hit, moves towards the upper playfield when a ball lands in the VUK, and reacts to the skillshot. I have ideas I want to do to utilize the robot more, but that won't be till after v20.

Sounds like y'all got some mislabeled LED strips (pinout isn't correct)...? Doug from speakerlightkits gave me an LED reel once because it was mislabeled and he didn't want to fool with rewiring around it.. must be a common problem. Kudos for discovering and compensating in software! I'll check my game to see if it's setup correctly.

#8291 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Same same. Need price first!

#8293 6 years ago

Twice what it should be, that's a shame. Way too much for me.

#8294 6 years ago

Part of the price is because it requires a new apron

#8295 6 years ago

It's neat but I don't feel that neat. I'd probably look at it just as much as the DMD in all honesty. I think I'll just keep that $300 in my account building for my next pin

#8296 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's $300 + shipping.

If that's true, I need to know more about what will be on it. I was already wondering what this would display that would be different and "better" than the DMD. I don't have a good feel for how it will be utilized in game. All I remember seeing was it counting DRAGULA letters, but that's already displayed on the DMD. For $300 I would certainly expect some cool things that aren't basically replicated on the DMD. I get that part of the cost is a new apron, but nobody is clamoring to replace their apron, so that cost is solely for the LCD mod. This sets the expectation on what you get in return. $300 is definitely more than I was expecting, but if it's super cool, and more than the initial video suggested, I might still be in.

#8297 6 years ago

Price seems fair to me. Just the ability to be able to play House of 1,000 Corpses and know how far I have left to go before I finish the mode without looking up at the DMD and losing a ball is worth it to me. This table is fast and looking up to check progress can at times drain a ball so this will be a great addition. Thanks for the hard work FawzmaGames

#8298 6 years ago

Spooky Distributor PinballSTAR Amusements has a few NIB RZs left to sell :
(1) LE
(2) maybe (3) Standards...

Email Joe at [email protected] for our full price list and with any questions.
Free delivery to ReplayFX in July available.

#8299 6 years ago

$300 seems fair to me

#8300 6 years ago

$300 doesn't seem out of line to me. What do you think these would cost if it was a stern add on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.