2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 223.
#8101 6 years ago

IMO, RZ and WOZ are a great 2 game combo. They're so different that between the two of them, you get a lot of variety. Going directly from one to the other is kinda jarring, though. Kinda like getting out of a hot tub and jumping in a pool, in the middle of winter.

#8102 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

IMO, RZ and WOZ are a great 2 game combo. They're so different that between the two of them, you get a lot of variety. Going directly from one to the other is kinda jarring, though. Kinda like getting out of a hot tub and jumping in a pool, in the middle of winter.

Y'all have good taste in pinball.

herg, my friend had me do the hot tub to swimming pool, outside, in Montreal, in February. It was the strangest feeling. He said it was supposed to pull the toxins out of my skin...I called "shenanigans"

#8103 6 years ago

So, does Dirty Pool actually award a lock, or just show the message? I've finally seen the message a few times, but have never noticed it increment H1KC ball lock. I've gotten the message after having locked 2 balls as well and it didn't start multiball.

ALSO: does anyone else have the Shaker? When is it used? I installed the Shaker a week or so ago, and I swear if I wasn't trying to figure out when it was shaking, I would NEVER know it was even installed. Has the code not really been implemented yet? I didn't see any settings for strength, only the on/off. If this is all I can expect, I feel I completely wasted $100.

#8104 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

And you forgot the one important thing, at least for me and my wife, Hobbit bores the crap out of us. There is just almost nothing exciting about playing it; monotonish calls out, most shots seem hap hazard, you can't tell when you've actually completed something unless you're looking at the big screen, etc...
BTW: I have a WOZ and we love it. I think they just forgot to make Hobbit fun.

Funny you should say that.....

It looks awesome but it just doesn't pull me back to play it at all.

#8105 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, does Dirty Pool actually award a lock, or just show the message? I've finally seen the message a few times, but have never noticed it increment H1KC ball lock. I've gotten the message after having locked 2 balls as well and it didn't start multiball.
ALSO: does anyone else have the Shaker? When is it used? I installed the Shaker a week or so ago, and I swear if I wasn't trying to figure out when it was shaking, I would NEVER know it was even installed. Has the code not really been implemented yet? I didn't see any settings for strength, only the on/off. If this is all I can expect, I feel I completely wasted $100.

The sub shakes the machine enough for me so I never put in a shaker. Besides, my cab is slightly wider than a standard cab so the glass has quite a bit of lateral movement once installed.

#8106 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If you get 5 Dirty Pools, it lights extra ball

#8107 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

does anyone else have the Shaker? When is it used?

Shoot the ramp, then the right orbit. It shakes when the lawn mower goes by. That's the most noticeable place that I can think of. It's used a good bit, though, and it's pretty strong on my game.

#8108 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you get 5 Dirty Pools, it lights extra ball

OK, so it has nothing to do with H1KC?

Quoted from herg:

Shoot the ramp, then the right orbit. It shakes when the lawn mower goes by. That's the most noticeable place that I can think of. It's used a good bit, though, and it's pretty strong on my game.

I literally can barely distinguish it from the sub rattle. SUPER disappointing. Am I missing some setting to change strength? Is there a test for it in the menu anywhere so I can make sure it's working right?

#8109 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I literally can barely distinguish it from the sub rattle. SUPER disappointing. Am I missing some setting to change strength? Is there a test for it in the menu anywhere so I can make sure it's working right?

correct.. not related to 1000c

in solenoid test you can pulse it. turn the bass down and do the mower thing. You'll be able to know what to look for next time.. it ramps up then fades out as the mower passes by.

#8110 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

correct.. not related to 1000c
in solenoid test you can pulse it. turn the bass down and do the mower thing. You'll be able to know what to look for next time.. it ramps up then fades out as the mower passes by.

OK, thanks. Are there any plans in the coming updates to utilize it more?

#8111 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Hobbit bores the crap out of us. There is just almost nothing exciting about playing it; monotonish calls out, most shots seem hap hazard, you can't tell when you've actually completed something

Couldnt agree more. Just boring.

Played the one at Nicklerama ... me and Danni walked away from it on ball 3.

Had to play one in a Comp at Kickback Cafe. Suffers from the same problem as WOZ, a new player has NO IDEA what to do. You can't read all the tiny writing on the screen when you're playing.

If you have one and you like it, sweet .. I just can't get into it.

rd

#8112 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Couldnt agree more. Just boring.
Played the one at Nicklerama ... me and Danni walked away from it on ball 3.
Had to play one in a Comp at Kickback Cafe. Suffers from the same problem as WOZ, a new player has NO IDEA what to do. You can't read all the tiny writing on the screen when you're playing.
If you have one and you like it, sweet .. I just can't get into it.
rd

I played one at Pincade and had a 40min game and just wanted it to end... Still deciding weither or not to lay down some coin for RZ. I like the call outs and modes and the fact it's kind of like a EM on roids. FawzmaGames is the code going in a completely new direction or are you just cleaning things up a little to balance the game?

#8113 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I played one at Pincade and had a 40min game and just wanted it to end... Still deciding weither or not to lay down some coin for RZ. I like the call outs and modes and the fact it's kind of like a EM on roids. fawzmagames is the code going in a completely new direction or are you just cleaning things up a little to balance the game?

I wouldn't say a new direction. Modes are getting new objectives/callouts/graphics/sfx and fixing up the scoring.

#8114 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I wouldn't say a new direction. Modes are getting new objectives/callouts/graphics/sfx and fixing up the scoring.

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about RZ. It was TH that bored me to death... RZ on the other hand is quite a solid game

#8115 6 years ago

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about RZ. It was TH that bored me to death..

We figured that out when you said it was a 40 minute game. Average game time on RZ is more like 4 minutes.

rd

#8116 6 years ago

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about RZ. It was TH that bored me to death... RZ on the other hand is quite a solid game

You know where's there is one you can come and play anytime.

#8117 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

You know where's there is one you can come and play anytime.

That's the Aussie spirit!!

rd

#8118 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Nice

Quick question ( s ).

1. At the moment it is possible to keep playing the same mode even if completed. Is this changing? Otherwise in competition players will play one mode over and over?

2. Any teasers as to how the new mini wizard mode will play?

#8119 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

It works really well in the video mode for Dragula so try that out.

#8120 6 years ago

#277 has landed! Big thanks to the Spooky Team, wonderful folks

Tim's lamp mod installed, looks great!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8121 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, thanks. Are there any plans in the coming updates to utilize it more?

Fawzma- you clearly have a handle on the code and we are very pumped. But yeah maybe also if at all possible implement the shaker a little more? The only time I know for sure it's being implemented right now is for the lawn mower. And yes that's a sick effect how the lawn mower fades in and out!

I look forward to chatting at SFGE.

#8122 6 years ago

Played the game a lot last weekend and a few more random thoughts.

It is a blast to play and is coming together nicely.

In it's current form doubt I would ever see Hellbound.

I wonder if any mode 'save' progress is being planned?

Also agree with others who suggest some stacking as the gameplay would go up another notch.

Most of the great games of the last decade have used stacking and multipliers to take gameplay to another level.

I know nothing about coding other than I am guessing the above is not easy to do..... sorry David

#8123 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Oh, meant to say I got to HB again the other day.

Only got about a minute or two in. Fawzma says HB mode will be rewritten anyway, so no point talking through it.

I haven't been playing RZ much with being overseas etc. I'm still enjoying the game when I can play it.

rd

#8124 6 years ago

Nice
Quick question ( s ).
1. At the moment it is possible to keep playing the same mode even if completed. Is this changing? Otherwise in competition players will play one mode over and over?
2. Any teasers as to how the new mini wizard mode will play?

1 - yes, but once infection mode is put back in you will have to think twice before starting a mode more than once. I could make it so when in touny mode, modes can only be played once.
2 - nothing at the moment

#8125 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Fawzma- you clearly have a handle on the code and we are very pumped. But yeah maybe also if at all possible implement the shaker a little more? The only time I know for sure it's being implemented right now is for the lawn mower. And yes that's a sick effect how the lawn mower fades in and out!
I look forward to chatting at SFGE.

I have notes on places to add shaker effects

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8126 6 years ago

Played the game a lot last weekend and a few more random thoughts.
It is a blast to play and is coming together nicely.
I wonder if any mode 'save' progress is being planned?
Also agree with others who suggest some stacking as the gameplay would go up another notch.
Most of the great games of the last decade have used stacking and multipliers to take gameplay to another level.
I know nothing about coding other than I am guessing the above is not easy to do..... sorry David

When I first started working on this almost 2 years ago, I wasn't fully aware of all the pinball terminology. As time went by I learned. I'm fully aware of the stacking mech involved in pins. Dominos is a perfect example.

RZ is more like a bunch of mini games, each with their own personalities. It doesn't fit in the typical shoot here x times to load up a mode, then start everything up. I do give you a chance to multiply your scores at the start of a game.

Now after thinking about this and it could be done in a final version; I could make it so you complete the mode then it exits back to normal play(no MB at the end). Then you start another mode, beat it then get back to normal.. rinse repeat. After two or more modes completed, the mode select option could have a "Metal Multiball" option that gets you into MB with jackpots worth however many modes were beat.

#8127 6 years ago

Anybody have any general tips on this game? I've had it for a few weeks now and it is difficult for me to even make the left orbit to start modes.. let alone finish them once I do start them.

#8128 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Anybody have any general tips on this game? I've had it for a few weeks now and it is difficult for me to even make the left orbit to start modes.. let alone finish them once I do start them.

Keep shooting at the left orbit until you can make the shot. If you can't, you're screwed. Well, I guess you could shoot the LDG and/or
drop targets all day long, but that gets really boring.

#8129 6 years ago

When I got mine I found the flippers to be pointed up a little to much for my liking which made the left orbit extremely hard to hit with enough power. I straightened out the flipper bats to a more B/W setup and the left orbit is still not an easy shot but it's a ton easier to make. I can usually start 4-5 modes and at least complete 2-3 each game now.

#8130 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

When I got mine I found the flippers to be pointed up a little to much for my liking which made the left orbit extremely hard to hit with enough power. I straightened out the flipper bats to a more B/W setup and the left orbit is still not an easy shot but it's a ton easier to make. I can usually start 4-5 modes and at least complete 2-3 each game now.

I may need to try this, thanks for your suggestion.

#8131 6 years ago

I may need to try this, thanks for your suggestion.

If you are making the shot fairly cleanly and it's still not making it to the mode start saucer then this is a really easy fix to correct that. It does make hitting the ramp from the right flipper a lot harder though.

#8132 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The overview was updated with missing info
**Edit**
Totally forgot about this. This mode has an infection mode (Feels so Numb). In fact all modes have it, but this one is on by default. There is a user setting to turn infection on or off for each mode. Infection mode is a way to stop people from replaying their favorite main mode over and over. What this means is, after you beat a mode and you play it again; if you fail the mode you go into infection mode.
Everything goes dark and a green heartbeat/pulse sound/light starts playing. The DMD will have an infection meter that goes from 0 - 100% . This is a timed (about 70 seconds) event where you have to hit 3 lit targets in a random order. If you fail to complete the infection mode, everything dies; forcing your ball to drain.
One twist to this mode, (it's user settable) that is, your flippers are reversed.

Infection mode sounds so awesome I would love to see it as an essential feature of the game, rather than triggered if a person chooses to replay mode over and over. Otherwise I would almost want to fail a mode to start infection mode!

Here is a suggestion that I would love to see.

1. Start mode. If completed in one go, move on.

2. If not completed mode progress saved.

3. When player goes back to try and finish mode for the second time, and fails......then infection mode is triggered!

Infection mode now becomes a major feature of the game and really distinguishes RZ from other games.

#8133 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

When I first started working on this almost 2 years ago, I wasn't fully aware of all the pinball terminology. As time went by I learned. I'm fully aware of the stacking mech involved in pins. Dominos is a perfect example.
RZ is more like a bunch of mini games, each with their own personalities. It doesn't fit in the typical shoot here x times to load up a mode, then start everything up. I do give you a chance to multiply your scores at the start of a game.
Now after thinking about this and it could be done in a final version; I could make it so you complete the mode then it exits back to normal play(no MB at the end). Then you start another mode, beat it then get back to normal.. rinse repeat. After two or more modes completed, the mode select option could have a "Metal Multiball" option that gets you into MB with jackpots worth however many modes were beat.

I like this idea.

Maybe you could incorporate some risk/reward with this idea?

Beat 2 modes and be offered a 2x playfield multiplier to use in the 'Metal Multiball? And maybe an option to gamble for 3 finished modes that would offer a 3x playfield multiplier?

And if the 'Metal Multiball' has a nice big Super Jackpot, it will be a lot of fun trying to get it 2x or 3x

#8134 6 years ago

I like this idea.
Maybe you could incorporate some risk/reward with this idea?
Beat 2 modes and be offered a 2x playfield multiplier to use in the 'Metal Multiball? And maybe an option to gamble for 3 finished modes that would offer a 3x playfield multiplier?
And if the 'Metal Multiball' has a nice big Super Jackpot, it will be a lot of fun trying to get it 2x or 3x

There is a lot of FUN factor in risking your multiball for bigger jackpots/etc. I've been playing a lot of Aerosmith lately and just the added risk of postponing the multiball to try and get more balls locked for a larger multiball is great fun and doesn't always work out.

You could have the metal multiball increase the number of balls with each mode completed too (start with 2 or 3 and add one). May add that extra dimension instead of having multiball after each mode, the player gets to choose when it occurs and how big it is...

All of Fawza's ideas so far sound like a lot of added fun to RZ. Can't wait.

#8135 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I agree that you shouldn't allow any stacking of modes, since each is unique and they can't really play together. I'd prefer allowing LDG to be brought in to any one mode, allowing the player to finish the mode while playing LDG, but boost the difficulty of starting (and especially repeating LDG) so it can feasibly only be used a couple times a game.

I really do like the idea of having one 'mode metal multiball' that can be invoked as a mode, allowing the player the choice to build jackpot values by doing well in the modes themselves. Kinda reminds me of SST rulesets with nuking planets... nuke as many as you feel comfortable before starting MB.

Or, keep each separate end of mode multiball, but make them all 2ball, limit the chop saves, and base scoring on how many modes have been completed. Make them short but good bonuses for completing modes.

Quoted from jgentry:

Definitely this.. make the flippers align with the inlane guides and that'll help left orbit shots. Mine were also pulled up a bit on receipt of gae and the left orbit was extremely hard because you had to shoot as the ball rolled off the tip.

#8136 6 years ago

I have replaced my flipper rubbers with titan thin rubbers. I can make both orbits good and can even hit the XX targets when I try.

I like to start out by completing WHAT! or LDG first as these are 2 of the easier modes for me. Then I move along to Dragula, from there I just go in a random order on how I am feeling on my shots.

After fixing my left outlane (Mine had no star post so it was basically on expert mode!) I almost made it to Hellbound yesterday 2 modes away (American Witch and 15 more hits on HO1C) I scored 90 million, previous best was 30 million. I think the star post fix helped a lot.

I did manage to get 666 hits in HO1C in one of my games the other day and I thought wouldn't it be cool if there was an award for hitting 666 exactly?

#8137 6 years ago

I would like to try out some different rubbers on mine. What bands are on there from the factory (seems sort of like superbands?) and what else is worth trying besides the Titan rubber and traditional/regular rubber?

#8138 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I agree that you shouldn't allow any stacking of modes, since each is unique and they can't really play together. I'd prefer allowing LDG to be brought in to any one mode, allowing the player to finish the mode while playing LDG, but boost the difficulty of starting (and especially repeating LDG) so it can feasibly only be used a couple times a game.
I really do like the idea of having one 'mode metal multiball' that can be invoked as a mode, allowing the player the choice to build jackpot values by doing well in the modes themselves. Kinda reminds me of SST rulesets with nuking planets... nuke as many as you feel comfortable before starting MB.
Or, keep each separate end of mode multiball, but make them all 2ball, limit the chop saves, and base scoring on how many modes have been completed. Make them short but good bonuses for completing modes.

Definitely this.. make the flippers align with the inlane guides and that'll help left orbit shots. Mine were also pulled up a bit on receipt of gae and the left orbit was extremely hard because you had to shoot as the ball rolled off the tip.

I think if infection is incorporated into the game as a mode that can't be avoided unless a player just crushes the modes, and the Metal Mode ' multiball has some risk/reward, the game will become a classic

#8139 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I would like to try out some different rubbers on mine. What bands are on there from the factory (seems sort of like superbands?) and what else is worth trying besides the Titan rubber and traditional/regular rubber?

I believe Pinball Life PerfectPlay is what comes from the factory. I usually put SuperBands on my games but on RZ I like the way those PP bands play. I'm intrigued by the idea of putting thin bands on though...

#8140 6 years ago

Infection mode sounds so awesome I would love to see it as an essential feature of the game, rather than triggered if a person chooses to replay mode over and over. Otherwise I would almost want to fail a mode to start infection mode!
Here is a suggestion that I would love to see.
1. Start mode. If completed in one go, move on.
2. If not completed mode progress saved.
3. When player goes back to try and finish mode for the second time, and fails......then infection mode is triggered!
Infection mode now becomes a major feature of the game and really distinguishes RZ from other games.

Great idea

#8141 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I have replaced my flipper rubbers with titan thin rubbers. I can make both orbits good and can even hit the XX targets when I try.
I like to start out by completing WHAT! or LDG first as these are 2 of the easier modes for me. Then I move along to Dragula, from there I just go in a random order on how I am feeling on my shots.

Interesting...I wonder what other's preferences are? For me, I ALWAYs start out with LDG. Then Dragula and AW. These modes I usually complete the first time. Then WHAT!, and assuming a good feed off the VUK (about 75%) I'll complete it in one try. From there, It's Radio City. I usually keep H1K and Demonoid last. I know it's not the best strategy point wise, but since I'm the only one who plays it, my goal is always HB. Been there once, and unfortunately, with the current code, it was buggy as hell.

#8142 6 years ago

All these great code ideas are making my pants tight

#8143 6 years ago

I usually play What, Superbeast, and Dragula first, but in no specific order. I find these to be the easiest to complete.

#8144 6 years ago

Here's a quick PSA.

I had a 'Ball Missing' error after a game. I noticed during the game that some switches weren't registering. Went into the menu and saw switch 23 (Gas switch on upper playfield) was stuck.

Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back. Anyway, turns out an airball bent the switch diode and killed a string of switches.

I removed the ramp and upper playfield to bend the switch back. All is well again.

Just an FYI if anyone experiences the same thing.

#8145 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back.

That dude needs to get his act together! A five minute wait is uncalled for! His shits in the street with customer service. Hopefully everyone saw the sarcasm in that lol.

The customer service that they show is second to none and is why I'll continue to support them. Well and the fact they put out some pretty good games

#8146 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back

5 minutes!! The customer service has gone to shit over in Benton!

Quite a common problem. Same thing happens on Indiana Jones under the Path of Adventure.

Re the modes, I'll always go Superbeast, Dragula first .. gets the ramp shot dialled in for the game. Then What. They are the three easiest modes.

rd

#8147 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Here's a quick PSA.
I had a 'Ball Missing' error after a game. I noticed during the game that some switches weren't registering. Went into the menu and saw switch 23 (Gas switch on upper playfield) was stuck.
Emailed Charlie and had to wait a whole 5 minutes for him to write back. Anyway, turns out an airball bent the switch diode and killed a string of switches.
I removed the ramp and upper playfield to bend the switch back. All is well again.
Just an FYI if anyone experiences the same thing.

It's been reported at least a half a dozen times already in this thread. Happened to me too. Hopefully Spooky is resolving the issue on the remaining games.

#8148 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's been reported at least a half a dozen times already in this thread. Happened to me too. Hopefully Spooky is resolving the issue on the remaining games.

Derp. Well, anyway here's number 7.

#8149 6 years ago

This

#8150 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So I did this and it has helped a ton. Still a tough shot but I now feel like it isn't impossible. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/163 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.