IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 223.
#8001 6 years ago

"The rules as they are now (v19) have too many exploits and scoring imbalances..."

Can we list the scoring issues here please? I'm concerned scoring tweaks are not part of future updates (only callouts, progress save, drops, aprons and stuff). Scoring is very important if this game is to ever be in any tournaments!

#8002 6 years ago

What would make you believe that scorin tweaks aren't on the table? I think Fawzma is taking all suggestions and will adjust accordingly. Unlike Stern if Spooky doesn't take the concerns of their customers seriously they may not be around long. In my short experience with them they've been awesome!

#8003 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

What would make you believe that scorin tweaks aren't on the table? I think Fawzma is taking all suggestions and will adjust accordingly. Unlike Stern if Spooky doesn't take the concerns of their customers seriously they may not be around long. In my short experience with them they've been awesome!

Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

"The rules as they are now (v19) have too many exploits and scoring imbalances..."

Can we list the scoring issues here please? I'm concerned scoring tweaks are not part of future updates (only callouts, progress save, drops, aprons and stuff). Scoring is very important if this game is to ever be in any tournaments!

scoring changes will be made when the modes get updated. I'm aware of how things are vs how they should be.

#8004 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Need favor ladies and gents:
Can someone please go into switch test mode with audio on and touch the shooter lane switch and tell me if the Ben voice announces that switch ?
I'm getting : "have operator check shooter lane switch" warnings during gameplay and multiball aren't working properly . But the shooter lane switch seems to be working well during test although it doesn't get an audio callout. Nor do the ball trough switches get an audio callout.
Thanks in advance.

Its probably your gas lane switch diode on the upper play-field. Was the cause for myself and many others. Get needle nose pliers and pinch the diode connectors/legs so as they are not touching any other metal. Hope this will help.

#8005 6 years ago

Here's my Chicken and Gas sign lamp mod. Similar to the lamp in the movie and really lights up the sign nicely. Also adds some nice ambient light to the upper playfield area. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Image from the movie.
Chicken and Gas Sign (resized).jpgChicken and Gas Sign (resized).jpg

Image with the room lights on.
20170423_215249 (resized).jpg20170423_215249 (resized).jpg

Image with the room lights off.
20170423_215356 (resized).jpg20170423_215356 (resized).jpg

#8006 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Here's my Chicken and Gas sign lamp mod. Similar to the lamp in the movie and really lights up the sign nicely. Also adds some nice ambient light to the upper playfield area. As always, feedback is appreciated.
Image from the movie.

Well I think that looks fantastic. Nicely done.

#8007 6 years ago

My friend has a RZ. The upper playfield gets barely any playtime on it because the vuk spits it out quick and it usually ends up going to the right without giving the flipper a chance. Any tips to make this play better?

#8008 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

My friend has a RZ. The upper playfield gets barely any playtime on it because the vuk spits it out quick and it usually ends up going to the right without giving the flipper a chance. Any tips to make this play better?

You could try adjusting the VUK coil settings. Also, I recommend a SuperBand.

#8009 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Image from the movie.

Awesome . . . I want one!

#8010 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I significantly reduced my VUK "eject GTFOOH"'s by adding felt to the wireform. Surprisingly it has held up and stayed on.

IMG_2092 (resized).JPGIMG_2092 (resized).JPG

#8011 6 years ago

can someone please take a closeup of their left outlane exit, like this- mine looks too tight and the ball never escapes there. Goes down and right plenty though...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8012 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

can someone please take a closeup of their left outlane exit, like this- mine looks too tight and the ball never escapes there. Goes down and right plenty though...

The lighting is bad, but hope this helps.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8013 6 years ago

I put two small washers between the upper pf and rail. One on each screw. This and Titan rubber. A bit more bounce helps keep the ball up there.
I too have e issue of the ball shooting over the upper pf sometimes. Need to put something on the wire form.

#8014 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

The lighting is bad, but hope this helps.

Thanks! it looks like the small post is parallel with the C in CHOP as it is in mine.

#8015 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks! it looks like the small post is parallel with the C in CHOP as it is in mine.

I have no problem with my left exit lane . . . except it goes down through there a lot!

#8016 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Also adjusted coil - makes big difference.

Did wonder about some sort of mod to slow the ball down at the end of travel - i.e similar to the op who has used felt.

Maybe some sort of black post rubber? May try that!

#8017 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

As others have said, try adjusting the coil strength. On mine, I still couldn't find a happy medium, so I made a 3D printed bracket to slow it down. That works well on my game, but other have tried the same one and said it didn't work for them. If someone comes up with a reliable solution, I'd love to hear about it.

#8018 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

What version are they running? If its older, then its missing the half steps in the VUK power setting.

#8019 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

As others have said, try adjusting the coil strength. On mine, I still couldn't find a happy medium, so I made a 3D printed bracket to slow it down. That works well on my game, but other have tried the same one and said it didn't work for them. If someone comes up with a reliable solution, I'd love to hear about it.

I have the 3D bracket as well. I took it off because the zip-tie was not tight enough (haven't put it back on yet). I had turned down the power on the VUK, and mine seems to work fine. Yes, it shoots it out and you have to react quickly, but that is like rest of the game. For me, the frustration is being one shot away from finishing "What!" and losing the ball down the ramp. Oh, and the gasoline switch always seems to be the last one to finish in DP mode. It's right there.....but not so easy to hit.

#8020 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

Image from the movie.

Wow, I REALLY like that. I may have to steal your idea for mine later on if you're not selling the mod.

#8021 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Ok, you can do what I did. Often the old Bally/Williams games would use small stick on rubber bumpers to keep balls from getting stuck so I got to thinking, what if I just stuck one of these on the right side ball guide on the upper playfield. That way if a ball is rolling along that guide, it would hit the bumper and send it towards the flipper. I tried it, my wife and kid love it so I kept it there. It actually makes the upper playfield way more enjoyable.

If it ever falls off, I'll probably drill a hole in the guide and add an old style apron bumper so it can't fall off, but it has stayed there without an issue so far. I did clean the guide with some alcohol before putting it on.

#8022 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Ok, you can do what I did. Often the old Bally/Williams games would use small stick on rubber bumpers to keep balls from getting stuck so I got to thinking, what if I just stuck one of these on the right side ball guide on the upper playfield.

Could you snap a picture?

#8023 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What version are they running? If its older, then its missing the half steps in the VUK power setting.

I tried on 3.5 and 4. 4 seems about right but still seems impossible to keep the ball up there long enough to hit captain spalding.

#8024 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Wow, I REALLY like that. I may have to steal your idea for mine later on if you're not selling the mod.

Thanks! I'll be selling the mod on my website in the next week or two. I'm trying out some different finishes to give it a rusted appearance.

#8025 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I tried on 3.5 and 4. 4 seems about right but still seems impossible to keep the ball up there long enough to hit captain spalding.

Can you trap ball with upper flipper?

If I get a good ball out of the VUK I trap the ball and then can loop it most times to complete a mode - not always but that's pinball!

#8026 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can you trap ball with upper flipper?
If I get a good ball out of the VUK I trap the ball and then can loop it most times to complete a mode - not always but that's pinball!

In most scenarios I was barely able to hit the tip of the flipper on most of the balls. Maybe the upper playfield is tilted a bit compared to the playfield?

#8027 6 years ago

The list keeps growing

RZ UPDATE V020 - ***COMING SOONISH****
Fixed - Start to hold feature (when disabled) would end a game as soon as it was started
Fixed - Added more checks to resave settings when loaded settings are outside the normal value
Fixed - Ball save video plays when save activates on outside lanes
Fixed - Mode select flipper handling improvements. Much easier to use both flippers to select a mode
Fixed - Drop target will reset to correct position at the end of modes
Fixed - CHOP lane shifts works properly
Fixed - Using a space in your last initial works properly now
Fixed - Added a delay between nane entry and match to help prevent match animation from not playing
Fixed - Reduced time between drain and extra ball eject and shows "PLAY AGAIN" instead of full animation
Fixed - Ball search makes it through complete cycle witout triggering a switch by mistake
Fixed - PF animation would hang during last score info
Fixed - added rampup debounce to VUK switch
Fixed - added rampup debounce to Drop Target
Fixed - If you drain with drop target down and didn't lock ball, sneeking in behind drop target would gives
a lock credit on your next ball, then bug out the mode so you couldn't progress.
Fixed - Jackpot value increases now account for the multiplier
Fixed - Dead City, Some switches did not award point in MB
Added - Stop post added to ball search routine
Added - When game ends, the screen is dumped to last scores
Added - Menu setting to turn off/on the free play text - Main Menu
Added - Ballsearch time adjustable between 8 and 20 seconds. - Main Menu
Added - Last game score(s) now are part of the score tables as you hit the right flipper in attract mode
Added - PF RGB flashes when ball save is activated
Added - Game can be played with missing balls. Machine has to have at least 2 balls in the trough
Added - Game Over clip + music
Added - Dragula videomode into lightshow
Added - Shaker goes off with the Rev's in video mode intro
Added - Shaker when demon mode ends
Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered
Updated - Inner right obit switch added to What! mode complete check
Updated - Dragula pf lights updated to only show what shots are required for mode
Updated - Dragula ramp light blinks when one ramp is left to hit
Updated - Dragula, 3,2,1 more to go callouts added
Updated - Dragula video mode now has a car rev'ing/taking off SFX with running engine sound
Updated - Dragula Added timer to videomode/jackpot selection piece of the mode.
Updated - Reduced drop target power in ball search. This will prevent the target from resetting all the way when it should be down
Updated - Dragula, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Dragula overtime, collecting parts advanced jackpot. ceter ramp collects.
Updated - Dragula overtime, coffin targets now collect car parts.
Updated - Player initials autopopulated and set to end position for each score table
Updated - Deadcity, which target to hit animatin added
Updated - Deadcity, MB score display now shows jackpot value, ball#, score
Updated - Deadcity, little rocker added as a collectble in MB
Updated - Deadcity, MB mode lights updated to stay on instead of going out when targets are hit

#8028 6 years ago

Don't forgot to allow American witch to always show on adult mode,so dissopionted when the cat shows up.

#8029 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Don't forgot to allow living dead girl to always show on adult mode,so dissopionted when the cat shows up.

American Witch mode?

#8030 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

RZ UPDATE V020 - ***COMING SOONISH****

You're such a code tease.

#8031 6 years ago

Can't wait for this update to drop.

#8032 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

American Witch mode?

Yes, AW mode...If it's on adult, witch should always show up...not the cat.

#8033 6 years ago

That list looks great! Looks like almost all the bugs got squashed, looking forward to trying it out!

But, I'm concerned there's nothing listed that addresses the problem of trap on right/shoot left ramp til your fingers fall off during multiballs.... yes this is a SLOW way to get points at the moment but it's too safe to NOT use during competition. Also hope the What! mode progress saving is operator adjustable, as the mode was already pretty easy to beat without it. Also concerned about "Updated - Inner right obit switch added to What! mode complete check" .. if this means the inner orbit can now score the pussy licker shot (completing red hot), this is disappointing as that was one of the few difficult objectives in the game, and thus extra-satisfying when you scored it. Despite it's speed, this game is already pretty easy.. please don't make it a giveaway!

#8034 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That list looks great! Looks like almost all the bugs got squashed, looking forward to trying it out!
But, I'm concerned there's nothing listed that addresses the problem of trap on right/shoot left ramp til your fingers fall off during multiballs.... yes this is a SLOW way to get points at the moment but it's too safe to NOT use during competition. Also hope the What! mode progress saving is operator adjustable, as the mode was already pretty easy to beat without it. Also concerned about "Updated - Inner right obit switch added to What! mode complete check" .. if this means the inner orbit can now score the pussy licker shot (completing red hot), this is disappointing as that was one of the few difficult objectives in the game, and thus extra-satisfying when you scored it. Despite it's speed, this game is already pretty easy.. please don't make it a giveaway!

This is being nipped in the bud. You can spam the ramp all you want to get super jackpot loaded. Then the ramp becomes worthless and you collect super via the inner right orbit.

I haven't noted it yet since I'm revamping all the modes to make sure rewards/points are awarded correctly. Dead city is a perfect example, 3 of the key shots never awarded any points.

The what mode innner orbit thing is related to a bug that wouldn't let you progress past the first round of the mode.

#8035 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This is being nipped in the bud. You can spam the ramp all you want to get super jackpot loaded. Then the ramp becomes worthless and you collect super via the inner right orbit.
I haven't noted it yet since I'm revamping all the modes to make sure rewards/points are awarded correctly. Dead city is a perfect example, 3 of the key shots never awarded any points.
The what mode innner orbit thing is related to a bug that wouldn't let you progress past the first round of the mode.

Sounds f'n awesome man! Hadn't noticed Dead City issue but would explain low scoring there.. I think I've triggered the What! bug once or twice. Sounds great on the SJP. Might want to consider using the left orbit or maybe HO1K inner orbit in multiball to definitely force the player to unload the right flipper.. using just right inner orbit could lead to ramp/ramp/ramp/inner orbit and possibly regaining control on left without ever having to flip the right side... but yea, really looking forward to release!

#8036 6 years ago

Thanks for all the hard work, looking forward to the update - making a great game even better!

#8037 6 years ago

Here's a few pictures of the rusted version.
20170425_224021 (resized).jpg20170425_224021 (resized).jpg20170425_224239 (resized).jpg20170425_224239 (resized).jpg20170425_224300 (resized).jpg20170425_224300 (resized).jpg

#8038 6 years ago

Everyone once in awhile I'll hit start twice when I only mean to start a single player game. Is there a way to drop players from a multiplayer game before you start?

#8039 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Everyone once in awhile I'll hit start twice when I only mean to start a single player game. Is there a way to drop players from a multiplayer game before you start?

If there is, I haven't found it.

What I did was lower the reset game timer and just hold down the Start button when I accidently add too many players. It will just take you back to the attract screen to start over. It also helps to get rid of the Match option when at home, I find that screen takes up too much time between games.

#8040 6 years ago

What I did was lower the reset game timer and just hold down the Start button when I accidently add too many players. It will just take you back to the attract screen to start over. It also helps to get rid of the Match option when at home, I find that screen takes up too much time between games.

Go into Game Setting and turn off "allow match"

#8041 6 years ago

As mentioned below I have a hold start to end game option.

I suppose I could modify it to dump you to a screen to let you pick to end the game or remove a player.

#8042 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Go into Game Setting and turn off "allow match"

Yeah that is what I did and it has sped the game up quite a bit for me.

#8043 6 years ago

Is anyone actually able to hit the Gasoline switch? I literally think I've rolled over that switch once. I have removed my upper playfield before, so did I maybe not align the upper flipper properly? Did I read someone say you should be able to cradle the ball up there? If so, my alignment is definitely off.

Along this line, it makes Demonoid very frustrating. Are there any plans to add an ability to spot remaining shots? The Gas switch is always the last one left, and sometimes I'll be down to only the blue target(s) and the Gas target, neither of which I feel I can hit purposefully. I'm pretty sure you can't hit the blue targets directly, but the ball bounces around up there enough that they generally get hit. Regardless, it makes the end of Demonoid very ungratifying when all I have left to "shoot for" are a couple lucky bounces. Until the last couple switches, Demonoid is probably my favorite mode, but I'm sick of shooting left orbit>fail upper playfield>shoot left orbit>fail upper playfield until the time runs out.

#8044 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is anyone actually able to hit the Gasoline switch? I literally think I've rolled over that switch once. I have removed my upper playfield before, so did I maybe not align the upper flipper properly? Did I read someone say you should be able to cradle the ball up there? If so, my alignment is definitely off.
Along this line, it makes Demonoid very frustrating. Are there any plans to add an ability to spot remaining shots? The Gas switch is always the last one left, and sometimes I'll be down to only the blue target(s) and the Gas target, neither of which I feel I can hit purposefully. I'm pretty sure you can't hit the blue targets directly, but the ball bounces around up there enough that they generally get hit. Regardless, it makes the end of Demonoid very ungratifying when all I have left to "shoot for" are a couple lucky bounces. Until the last couple switches, Demonoid is probably my favorite mode, but I'm sick of shooting left orbit>fail upper playfield>shoot left orbit>fail upper playfield until the time runs out.

My upper p/f is set up so I can catch, cradle ball on upper flipper.

I put a piece of sticky velcro - on the black bit that the ball can hit/bounce as it comes out of the VUK. Gives it a softer landing if it shoots out too quickly.

Now, the ball feeds to my flipper via the left or it goes down the right hits the rubber and then lands on the flipper. I don't loose too many balls unfairly now.

I can hit the gas switch most times.

Not so good at rest of the game though

IMG_1250 (resized).JPGIMG_1250 (resized).JPG
IMG_1249 (resized).JPGIMG_1249 (resized).JPG

#8045 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yea you can hit it, it's not too hard once you know how, but requires a slow feed thru the chicken lane, and you have to flip early at it. Too early and you hit the post separating the lanes, too late and you shoot wide right. It's tricky but not impossible. Try to get it immediately on the feed from the VUK. Remember, you want to lob a slow roller down the left, so don't go for the gas right away, shoot around for spaulding and try to rattle it in a way that it feeds back slowly, then pop the gas.

Hint for keeping the ball alive up top - the post on the right side of the exit will nudge balls into the flipper - if you have a ball hugging the right wall and flip just as it hits this post, you can dig it out and save it just about every time. The balls that get away will be the ones that don't hug the right wall, but you'd be surprised how often you can dig out a ball just as it's trying to drain.

#8046 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah its very doable, you just need to smack it as soon as it hits your flipper I'd say I would get it 3 out of 5 times

#8047 6 years ago

I just finished a small batch of the Chicken & Gas sign lamps. They are now available for purchase on my website www.timspinballmods.com Price is $16.99.
Thanks,
Tim

#8048 6 years ago

huh....I've never had a problem with the upper switches, as long as the VUK feed hits the playfield...I had an earlier problem where the ball would bounce off the playfield over the skull pile 50% of the time, but reducing the VUK power solved that. I do end up with 2 or 3 retries out of the VUK sometimes, but I can almost always (80%) complete 3x jackpot or What! in a single trip. The flip up and around is pretty easy and repetitive.

#8049 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I just finished a small batch of the Chicken & Gas sign lamps. They are now available for purchase on my website http://www.timspinballmods.com Price is $16.99.
Thanks,
Tim

I love this mod, I think it fits beautifully with the art style of the game! Any chance shipping to Canada could be less than the part?

#8050 6 years ago
Quoted from outcida:

I just finished a small batch of the Chicken & Gas sign lamps. They are now available for purchase on my website http://www.timspinballmods.com Price is $16.99.
Thanks,
Tim

Went to order one but $26 to ship to canada for a small light that could be put in a small flat rate box, I'm out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/161?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.