2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 223.
#7951 7 years ago

Damn RD! That's an awesome score! Still loving the game so far?

#7952 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Here's something to aim for.
rd

That score is invalid without the Apron of Destiny photobombing.

#7953 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Damn RD! That's an awesome score! Still loving the game so far?

Yes, I think it is very cool.

What was very surprising to me (and I told Charlie this) was that I thought all the kiwi pinheads would prefer AMH to RZ, as AMH is a great game and much more standard Bally/Williams style as opposed to the crazyness of RZ.

But I was wrong .. they all love RZ (well, I haven't heard anyone say they don't...) Every time I have a pin meet at my apartment, I get texts saying "can't wait to play RZ again!"

I even imported another one for my buddy John. It's on the way to NZ as we speak. So we will have 2x RZ in NZ, probably the highest per capita rate of RZs in the world ... 1 RZ for every 2.25 million people haha!

Actually Australia has 10x RZs I think ... and 24.5m people so that's 1 RZ for every 2.45 million so it's pretty close ...

Actually, thinking about it I guess I am wrong, USA is 310,000,000 people divided by say 280 RZ = 1 for every 1.1m people.

My theories have been blown out of the water. By myself.

That's what thinking on the fly gets you.

rd

#7954 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The AOD is now in NZ and will be active again soon.

rd

#7955 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I even imported another one for my buddy John. It's on the way to NZ as we speak.

Yeah rotor can't wait, its the whole sys11 feel along with a thumping soundtrack also its my kind of humour.

Its just fun!!!

#7956 7 years ago
Quoted from fugus:

Its just fun!!!

And that's pinball should be.

rd

#7957 7 years ago

Are there any left from Spooky?

#7958 7 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Are there any left from Spooky?

The website claims to have a few left. I would send a messsge them a message if interested.

#7959 7 years ago

I have the opportunity to pick up the base model of this game and wanted to hear from those who've had it awhile. I'll start by saying I've only played one game of RZ so I don't have any relevant experience with it.

I own a GB Premium and TWD Pro and I've been told comparing RZ to either of those is apples and oranges (with the exception of they are all really tough games). I'm excited to get something new and different but before I pull the trigger, I was hoping I could get some input from those who've had it awhile.

I love the theme/audio/visuals of GB but could do without the linear ladder gameplay and strict reliance on the 6x multiplier to get anywhere on my leaderboard. I'm not crazy about the art or sounds on TWD, but the gameplay keeps me coming back for more with all of the different ways to tackle it.

In respect to those aspects above, how would you describe RZ? Do you plan on keeping it? Do you regret your purchase? Do you think it will hold value or even increase?

If I can make up my mind, I could have it as soon as 6 hours from now!

#7960 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I have the opportunity to pick up the base model of this game and wanted to hear from those who've had it awhile. I'll start by saying I've only played one game of RZ so I don't have any relevant experience with it.
I own a GB Premium and TWD Pro and I've been told comparing RZ to either of those is apples and oranges (with the exception of they are all really tough games). I'm excited to get something new and different but before I pull the trigger, I was hoping I could get some input from those who've had it awhile.
I love the theme/audio/visuals of GB but could do without the linear ladder gameplay and strict reliance on the 6x multiplier to get anywhere on my leaderboard. I'm not crazy about the art or sounds on TWD, but the gameplay keeps me coming back for more with all of the different ways to tackle it.
In respect to those aspects above, how would you describe RZ? Do you plan on keeping it? Do you regret your purchase? Do you think it will hold value or even increase?
If I can make up my mind, I could have it as soon as 6 hours from now!

Don't worry about the value of the game. There are a lot on the market, but once the games have sold out and found their audience, the price should stabilize.

Yes, RZ and GB/TWD are apples and oranges. RZ is a fast, frantic mode based game with shallow/medium depth. The modes are varied and will only improve with regular updates. There are enough mods to dress up the game without being too flashy.

I elected to buy RZ because of Spooky's great support and service. Have a suggestion in code? Talk to Fawzma, and he'll respond. Plastic broken? Email KT and she'll have a new one in the mail the next day.

Full disclosure: RZ is the most R-rated game ever. It makes TWD look like Romper Room. If you don't mind bloody chopped off nuts or a clown threatening to fuck your grandmother, you'll love it.

Good luck with your choice!

#7961 7 years ago

I haven't had mine long so can't give an in depth opinion of the rules.

So far though, love the sound, the art, the call outs, the real backglass and the basic structure of the game.

I have mine next to TWD and they just play so differently and I love the crazy side to side ball action.

It is too early though to know final opinions on this game as the code is not finished yet.

TWD has one of the best codes Stern have ever done which is why I still have the game. I think RZ beats it for visuals by miles.

To come we have the new apron monitor mod coming, more code, more call outs.

At the moment scoring seems a little unbalanced ( this will probably change ) and I think the game needs some nice BIG jackpots/super jackpots with callouts to go with them.

The game gives me a great buzz while playing but I would like to see more rewards in the game ( hopefully they are coming ).

So, the game is going to get better and with only 300 made, they probably will be harder to get hold of as time goes on.

I am keeping mine

#7962 7 years ago

I find that a number of times that I shoot the left orbit it misses the mode hole. Is this a common problem?

#7963 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I find that a number of times that I shoot the left orbit it misses the mode hole. Is this a common problem?

Yes. With time and practice you get the feel for it but definitely one of those shots that only take a couple of days of non play and you lose feel for it. Same with right orbit.

#7964 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

It has a ramp going into the mode hole , if it is not a solid shot up the left orbit there might not be enough power to get in there .

#7965 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It has a ramp going into the mode hole , if it is not a solid shot up the left orbit there might not be enough power to get in there .

I've considered changing the post and sling rubber at the entrance to the left orbit to reduce the friction, with some smoother options. might help a little?

#7966 7 years ago

Just left a pretty awesome shop..

With #262!

IMG_1718 (resized).JPGIMG_1718 (resized).JPG

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7967 7 years ago

Spooky minions keeps turning those wrenches. I need #294!

#7968 7 years ago

I'd like to say +1 for stacking LDG with a mode. It would make LDG more valuable to help finish something like Demonoid and if it wasn't easy to restart it would give some risk reward to starting it without a mode going. Also, when it is going modes should be locked out, so you need to do it in order. Stacking stuff is cool.

#7969 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Check flipper power settings as maybe they are different to factory?

And a coat of wax speeds up the surface.

#7970 7 years ago

Yes....stacking LDG or some other multiball mode with Demonoid is a great idea....you need multiple chaotic rebounds to get those two upper blue targets.

#7971 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And a coat of wax speeds up the surface.

Yeah, RZ really needs MORE speed? Glutton.

#7972 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, we need "proof of life/score."IMG_1102 (resized).JPGIMG_1102 (resized).JPG

#7973 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, RZ really needs MORE speed? Glutton.

But it does help at the very back of the playfield

#7974 7 years ago

Been thinking how this game may develop based on what is already in this thread.

1. Mini-wizard mode ( awesome ).

2. More call outs.

3. Hellbound polished.

4. Infection.

In addition think these next 2 things would be excellent.

5. Stacking - as discussed.

6. Using the p/f multiplier to blow up the jackpots and super jackpots - this kind of thing is what made AC/DC and TWD. It's just a real blast getting a huge jackpot when tied in to multipliers. And there is 10 X on the p/f

These additions would take this game over the top.

Keep up the good work team Spooky and David

#7975 7 years ago

I sent Charlie an email about a week ago concerning some potential call outs that's that I thought should be included. He replied back letting me know I should be happy when they get to the massive update this summer. No specifics were given but it does show the dedication to getting the code polished up and making this game a true beast.

I'm totally on board for a mini wizard mode and the stacking ability. That's one of the great things with TWD is not only is it a tough game but the added thinking aspect of how to most effectively to use your stacks and multipliers makes it that much more fun.

I seriously would like to give a big shout out to those that bailed on this game and allowed to to get a spot! The game is already fun and will be awesome once completely finished.

#7976 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I sent Charlie an email about a week ago concerning some potential call outs that's that I thought should be included. He replied back letting me know I should be happy when they get to the massive update this summer. No specifics were given but it does show the dedication to getting the code polished up and making this game a true beast.

Huge summer update sounds awesome, but it would be nice if we could get an interim update in the short term. The rules as they are now (v19) have too many exploits and scoring imbalances. I'll play to try beating the modes, but playing for score is woodchopping to the extreme right now...

#7977 7 years ago

I thought I read somewhere that you are supposed to be able to "dirty pool" the H1KC lane for a lock without knocking down the drop target? Is this true? I seem to squeeze the ball behind the target all the time but never get a ball lock for it.

Also, is it normal to get a "double kick" to serve a ball to the shooter lane? I often hear what sounds like the ball being served to the shooter lane, only to get the ball served a second or so later. Is my trough misfiring or is serving a ball some 2-stage process different from all my other games?

#7978 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I thought I read somewhere that you are supposed to be able to "dirty pool" the H1KC lane for a lock without knocking down the drop target? Is this true? I seem to squeeze the ball behind the target all the time but never get a ball lock for it.
Also, is it normal to get a "double kick" to serve a ball to the shooter lane? I often hear what sounds like the ball being served to the shooter lane, only to get the ball served a second or so later. Is my trough misfiring or is serving a ball some 2-stage process different from all my other games?

H1KC lock needs to be qualified first so that when the target goes back up (and it will usually cos of ball search or LDG) you can then sneak past the target and lock the ball. Ball trough kicker did the same for me so I changed the strength in settings and it fixed it.

#7979 7 years ago

Been thinking how this game may develop based on what is already in this thread.
2. More call outs.
3. Hellbound polished.
4. Infection.
6. Using the p/f multiplier to blow up the jackpots and super jackpots - this kind of thing is what made AC/DC and TWD. It's just a real blast getting a huge jackpot when tied in to multipliers. And there is 10 X on the p/f

+1000 for #6. You're exactly right. Having these multipliers and you feeling it with music and callouts would make this awesome. "SUPER JACKKKKKKPOTTTTTTT"

#7980 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

H1KC lock needs to be qualified first so that when the target goes back up (and it will usually cos of ball search or LDG) you can then sneak past the target and lock the ball. Ball trough kicker did the same for me so I changed the strength in settings and it fixed it.

So you're saying if you drop the target, but then the target gets reset before hitting the shot behind it, you can sneak past it for a lock? If so, does this carry over from ball to ball? If I hit the drop and then drain, the target resets. Can I get a lock by sneaking by on the next ball?

I just don't ever remember being awarded a lock unless the target was currently down.

#7981 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So you're saying if you drop the target, but then the target gets reset before hitting the shot behind it, you can sneak past it for a lock? If so, does this carry over from ball to ball? If I hit the drop and then drain, the target resets. Can I get a lock by sneaking by on the next ball?
I just don't ever remember being awarded a lock unless the target was currently down.

Yes it carries over

#7982 7 years ago

2. More call outs.
3. Hellbound polished.
4. Infection.

All great suggestions. Also completing H1KC needs way more fanfare it's such a let down to look up and see you've actually done it and you kind of think ' awe that's it?' With no audio/ visual cue or stimuli very underwhelming. Needs to to be balls out in your face House of 1000 F$&*ing Corpses!!!

#7983 7 years ago

The Rob Zombie that was at mgc , was running v20 and the drop target does not reset after modes any more , if it was down before starting the mode it will be down after the mode . That was a nice fix . I think the dirty pool is still there but it is if you get past the drop without droping it , points but I don't think it awards a lock. Other thing I noticed is what mode saving progress . I am sure there is more call outs but it was hard to hear at mgc .

#7984 7 years ago

FawzmaGames Any planned eta for the apron screen, i.e. summer, fall, etc. I've been following your updates on the screens and it looks really good. I want it!

#7985 7 years ago

I have got the brightly colored dirty pool display a few times. Didn't seem to get any reward. I figured it was stating i got I back there with the drop up and I'm getting nothing!!!
V19

#7986 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have gotten a ball lock a few times without the drop down and noticed something briefly on the screen in red typed letter sentences, but I've never been able to slow things down to read it.
Has anyone else noticed this and figured out what it says?

#7987 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I have gotten a ball lock a few times without the drop down and noticed something briefly on the screen in red typed letter sentences, but I've never been able to slow things down to read it.

It says something like:

FU#%*!!
DIRTY POOL!!!

rd

#7988 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

fawzmagames Any planned eta for the apron screen, i.e. summer, fall, etc. I've been following your updates on the screens and it looks really good. I want it!

I'm looking to have a fully functional version at SFGC. I'll certainly have video before then. From there I'll start taking names, and getting parts orders.

As for the list of suggestions I have notes on all that.

#7989 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Other thing I noticed is what mode saving progress

Good news. Hopefully Infected makes it in there at some point.

#7990 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I think it says 'You cheated you f$#@! Dirty pool!' or something like that.

#7991 7 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

I think it says 'You cheated you f$#@! Dirty pool!' or something like that.

Yeah that's it!

rd

#7992 7 years ago

I just had to rotate my flipper rubbers because the tips were getting chewed up. I've got less than 200 plays on the game. Is this typical? It's my first go with silicone type bands, so I don't really know what the expected wear pattern is. All my other machines use traditional rubber. It's not a big deal. I'm going to put in an order with Pinball Life, anyway. I just wanted to know if this was abnormal.

Thanks.

#7993 6 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I just had to rotate my flipper rubbers because the tips were getting chewed up. I've got less than 200 plays on the game. Is this typical? It's my first go with silicone type bands, so I don't really know what the expected wear pattern is. All my other machines use traditional rubber. It's not a big deal. I'm going to put in an order with Pinball Life, anyway. I just wanted to know if this was abnormal.
Thanks.

Yeah mine were chewed up in less plays than that! Slings snapped! Have put the red translucent on all the slings now and regular black rubber on the flippers.

#7994 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

With the power off, try to turn it gently by hand. This will ensure that it's not hung on something.
Next, I would check the servo wires to make sure they're plugged in and that they haven't been cut. They do run close to the pop bumper ring.
If all of that looks good, you may have a failed servo that you would need to replace.

Yeah it was cranked up hard but I wiggled it loose until it would spin back front. Wires were all good, powered up and down a couple times over say ten minutes and he slowly walked back counter-clockwise. Played a game, same deal and eventually locked back up again. Feels like it's gonna strip if I dick with it much more so I'll hit 'em up for that servo.

#7995 6 years ago

I also noticed that my robot was not moving. Played a game with the glass off and the servo motor runs, but it seems the robot is stripped. Will try to contact tech support on monday.

#7996 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I also noticed that my robot was not moving. Played a game with the glass off and the servo motor runs, but it seems the robot is stripped. Will try to contact tech support on monday.

FYI there is a test in service mode for servos. you can test both the robot and spaulding. from the coin door.

#7997 6 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Quoted from Fortytwo:

FYI there is a test in service mode for servos. you can test both the robot and spaulding. from the coin door.

Tech support is available 7 days a week (it's me). Also, please verify from the test menu that the robot servo is turning without the robot itself moving.

#7998 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Tech support is available 7 days a week (it's me). Also, please verify from the test menu that the robot servo is turning without the robot itself moving.

Servo motor is running without robot moving.

#7999 6 years ago

Need favor ladies and gents:

Can someone please go into switch test mode with audio on and touch the shooter lane switch and tell me if the Ben voice announces that switch ?

I'm getting : "have operator check shooter lane switch" warnings during gameplay and multiball aren't working properly . But the shooter lane switch seems to be working well during test although it doesn't get an audio callout. Nor do the ball trough switches get an audio callout.

Thanks in advance.

#8000 6 years ago

I believe the voice is Charlie. When I push the shooter lane switch he doesn't announce the switch. He announces the return lane switches ... Hope this helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/160?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.