Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 210.
#751 4 years ago

I had just missed that announcement about the 30 days.

Thanks for the heads up. I got on the list the day after the announcement. Got cash lined up an a game ready for sacrifice.

#752 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I got on the list the day after the announcement. Got cash lined up an a game ready for sacrifice.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

If you have concerns or questions, email the source Charlie at spookypinball.com

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Agreed Aurich.
At this point people are basically signed up for an "I'm highly interested" list with absolutely no money down on the game. Once the game is revealed as a finished product, anyone on the interest list has 30 days to lock in their game with only a $1000 deposit and the balance due right before shipment of the game to your door.
That's a pretty fair deal in my book!

Beyond no money untill delivery, it is an extremely fair deal. I commend Spooky for starting a real company that delivers games! I still have yet to get my hands on one though.

I'm looking forward to playing AMH and every kooky acronym that follows!

I'm counting my penny's and looking in my spooky attic for things to sell.

#755 4 years ago

I also announced my interest immediately and I can't imagine seeing something so bad I wouldn't make a down payment immediately. Can't wait to see the reveal on this one.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I'm counting my penny's and looking in my spooky attic for things to sell.

Quoted from PinChili:

I also announced my interest immediately and I can't imagine seeing something so bad I wouldn't make a down payment immediately. Can't wait to see the reveal on this one.

Speak of the Devil! You want to buy a slightly used Candyland with some missing cards, circa 1982. I will throw in a pair of skates (missing the key) too.

#758 4 years ago

Is the Expo in October/Chicago? I should know this by now

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Mid-October.

http://www.pinballexpo.net

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Yes, usually 2nd or 3rd weekend of October. A lot of cool stuff sounds like its hitting this fall, should be a great show.

#763 4 years ago

Can't wait to see more in 5 days.

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Can't wait to see more in 5 days.

What makes you think that? My guess is that Spooky is working like a dog to have a game ready to show at expo. More details before then would be great but a bonus.

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Speak of the Devil! You want to buy a slightly used Candyland with some missing cards, circa 1982. I will throw in a pair of skates (missing the key) too.

No, but if you have any more playfields you'd like to sell let me know!

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What makes you think that?

I was referring to the July 4th time line Spooky mentioned.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I was referring to the July 4th time line Spooky mentioned.

That was just a notice date for AMH customers to "commit" (put their names in for) the 50 LE's... remaining LE's would then be open to the public. We're WAAAAAAYYYY past that.

Rob Zombie put it on his FB & website today, Dread Central & Bloody Disgusting put it out there... even hit some of the music news sites. We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming.

Crazy... absolutely crazy... I knew we'd do well with this, but yeah, I was WAY under estimating.

On the bright side, we just got job security for 2 years... and we WILL be putting it all back into the company to make even better games.

#768 4 years ago

PM me if you want to sell me your LE slot for my regular.

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

That was just a notice date for AMH customers to "commit" (put their names in for) the 50 LE's... remaining LE's would then be open to the public. We're WAAAAAAYYYY past that.
Rob Zombie put it on his FB & website today, Dread Central & Bloody Disgusting put it out there... even hit some of the music news sites. We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming.
Crazy... absolutely crazy... I knew we'd do well with this, but yeah, I was WAY under estimating.
On the bright side, we just got job security for 2 years... and we WILL be putting it all back into the company to make even better games.

Awesome news Charlie. I like the 2 years comment - so much for that 3 years nonsense! Glad I got on the list early!

Can't wait for the reveal, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Any chance of us seeing any sneak peaks or teasers before expo?

#770 4 years ago

Awesome! Nice little writeups out there now. So glad to be on the list before the craze, this is such a dynamite theme. Happy to support Charlie & co as they're clearly onto something big!

Whether its ready by expo or not, no worries!

#771 4 years ago

I told Ben you'd have no problem moving a 1000 when we first talked about it.

#772 4 years ago

That's awesome! As I didn't get in on the very first day (2nd maybe?) I'm concerned I'm not even one of the 250. I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan. I'm very curious where I am on the list as of now.

#773 4 years ago

Awesome to hear it Charlie!

Congrats to you, KT, Ben Heck, Bug, Squirrel, & the minions!
Well-earned success that couldn't happen to nicer folks. It's really cool to see people doing
it the RIGHT way and getting rewarded for it!

Can't wait to try out RZSSI at Expo!

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I told Ben you'd have no problem moving a 1000 when we first talked about it.

At only 300 games they should have been described as "Limited Edition" (250) and "Ultra Limited Edition" (50).

#775 4 years ago

Fortunately this thing isn't fake, I've pretty much been glued to this thing every non day job hour I'm awake. I wake up in the middle of the night to take notes on things I think of. I can't wait till the new SFX are ready, these ghost moans are driving me nuts. I really should change those up. Listening to the music over and over doesn't bother me as much though.

#776 4 years ago

My biz partner, who is NOT a pinhead at all, emailed me out of the blue asking if I knew about this game and sent me the link today.

You've hit it, fellas. Congrats.

#777 4 years ago

WAY

#778 4 years ago

According from what I herd on spooky pod cast they are at 290+ on the list. WoW

But KT said still get on the list as there well be drop outs

Keep up the good work spooky

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's 300 games, you can get on the list right now without putting down a dime, so if you don't end up with one it's really because you didn't want it badly enough to take a little initiative. Spooky isn't some giant company that can announce something and then have one you can buy off the shelf the next week. It is what it is.
They've proved they can ship actual games. Rob Zombie himself filmed a video to announce the pinball, there's no license questions. You only put up a fraction of the cash before your game is built. It's just the best case scenario for what is still a very small boutique operation. Nothing else to be done about it.
People will drop out, that's just the nature of this stuff. Hell it's one reason I think a $1000 deposit is smart, people are fickle that way when they have nothing on the line. You can probably get in later if you're lucky.

Quoted from Aurich:

They're making 300. Don't like it? Life is full of things you can't control, might as well get used to it.

Quoted from Aurich:

Do we really need to keep bickering about this? ZenTron, sounds like you want in on the game. Hope you get it. If not, well, you waited a while. But we haven't seen a "interested slots are full" post or anything yet.
Personally I think you're gonna be good until the art is revealed if you want in. After that the fence sitters will rush in since there's little commitment at this point.
And of course if you miss out you'll get another chance, when it comes time to pony up deposits to hold spots there will be drop outs.
Meanwhile Spooky is going to keep doing the best they can. It's a small shop, try and cut them some slack. It's a good problem to have to be surprised that your game is generating more interest than you expected. Let them figure things out.

You really are starting to get on my nerves with this whole "making good points" and "talking logically with reason and rationale" crap....

Would you stop it with the whole "making sense" jibber-jabber ?

#780 4 years ago

Not surprising to me at all... Stern also underestimated all of its big sellers in this genre... ACDC, Metallica, and KISS.

#781 4 years ago

And a family owned business manufacturing things here in America on top of that. Awesome stuff, Charlie!

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You really are starting to get on my nerves with this whole "making good points" and "talking logically with reason and rationale" crap....
Would you stop it with the whole "making sense" jibber-jabber ?

Sorry! I'm just happy this is all going down, it's really an awesome coup for a small shop like Spooky to score all these different things and get to bundle them into a pinball.

I think people are going to be really blown away by reveals to come. So instead of spending time worrying about their numbers etc, if you're at all on the fence sounds like this is the zero hour to get in. Trust me, when more is revealed people are gonna jump in line. Don't be behind all them!

#783 4 years ago

I think spooky has made an error, they way underestimated the demand for this game.

Maybe they should have built capacity up in the manufacturing side with maybe another pin, then release this when they could handle maybe 10 games a week, hence a thousand machines over a 2 year period would be feasible.

Good problem to have.!!

#784 4 years ago

Based on a hint dropped in the podcast, it sounds like there may be a bucket of Capt. Spauldings fried chicken on the playfield

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Based on a hint dropped in the podcast, it sounds like there may be a bucket of Capt. Spauldings fried chicken on the playfield

I've heard Ben discuss that bucket of chicken & that he really wants to have a giant grease spot on the bucket - NO EXCEPTIONS! He means business!

#786 4 years ago

While I do think that the buzz generated from this title is amazing on all accounts, I don't think 300 will be significantly below demand. There will be lots of reasons people will find to pass on this title.

Also, I commend spooky for their plan for sustainable growth. It would be easy in an exciting situation such as this to bite off more than they could chew. It's the difference between a successful boutique pinball manufacturer, and the not so successful ones. Doubling their production will be no cake walk. There are a lot of people here that don't seem to get that.

That being said, I can't wait to see it, and i'm glad i'm on this list

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from Lauro0521:

According from what I herd on spooky pod cast they are at 290+ on the list. WoW

I thought the number would be higher, especially since Rob Zombie posted it on his website and according to Charlie, "We're getting hit faster than KT can answer today with Zombie fans who didn't even know it was coming."

I was glad to hear it's only 290 cause i'm on the list and can't imagine not locking up the position when the time comes. This has been the best pinball news in the past ten years.

#788 4 years ago

Maybe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread (although I see nothing mentioned on page 1) but I'm hoping the LE will only have cosmetic differences? I hope they don't go with Stern's idea of an LE and all play is identical between the two. Also, being only 300 games total it would cool if Rob signed all 300 pf's.

I'm in for sure as I'm a huge Rob Zombie fan.

#789 4 years ago

Spookster told me there are only a few spots left! ....lucky to be one of them. Can't wait to see artwork!

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Maybe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread (although I see nothing mentioned on page 1) but I'm hoping the LE will only have cosmetic differences?

Correct. Only cosmetic changes.

#791 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm hoping the LE will only have cosmetic differences?

art-wise yes, I believe the LE gets powder-coating, the standard edition does not

#792 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Also, being only 300 games total it would cool if Rob signed all 300 pf's.

I imagine the playfields are produced by a 3rd party in lots, corresponding with production speed. All 300 would not be sitting around for a signing visit. Maybe aprons?

#793 4 years ago

From what I have gathered LE will be backglass with RZ in Dragula like car running over skeletons and armor will be different.

Standard backglass or translite will have RZ with his arms out around cast of characters.

No autographs. I am fine with that. Please don't write on my game.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

art-wise yes, I believe the LE gets powder-coating, the standard edition does not

Powder coat is cosmetic...

#795 4 years ago

Thanks to Chuck and his minions for the tour of Spooky Pinball World Headquarters.

PS: Seems to be an awesome crew. I don't think anyone will regret buying AMH or RZSSI.

#796 4 years ago

I'm guessing someone was already working on the artwork for this game before Zombie Yeti's name came to the forefront on JPop's games, but he just seems like the absolute perfect fit to do the artwork for this. Aside from also having the name Zombie, lol, his style just seems to naturally fit the horror genre. That could really make this game epic.

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm guessing someone was already working on the artwork for this game before Zombie Yeti's name came to the forefront on JPop's games, but he just seems like the absolute perfect fit to do the artwork for this. Aside from also having the name Zombie, lol, his style just seems to naturally fit the horror genre. That could really make this game epic.

Or they could just go with the awesome artist they already have and that Rob required.

#798 4 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Or they could just go with the awesome artist they already have and that Rob required.

I guess I missed that part of the announcement where ever it was said. What is the artist's name? Any examples of his artwork out there? I'd imagine if Rob requested it then he must have done some album cover artwork for him at some point?

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

No autographs. I am fine with that. Please don't write on my game.

Rob Zombie can write on my game. I'm more than fine with that.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I guess I missed that part of the announcement where ever it was said. What is the artist's name? Any examples of his artwork out there? I'd imagine if Rob requested it then he must have done some album cover artwork for him at some point?

http://www.alexhorleyart.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside