Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 210.
#7902 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

The kid gives us an honest opinion of Rob Zombie: » YouTube video

I'll fix that name entry to go to "end" when you re-enter your initials.

#7903 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll fix that name entry to go to "end" when you re-enter your initials.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think what I have to do is make LDG progressive. Because once its beat, it takes more hits of those targets to get it started.
Or, once the mode end, don't let it start again unless you complete some other task.
H1KC does carry over.
mudflaps mini-wizards are still on the table

Please don't upgrade the code for a few more weeks...

I crushed on my mates game last night and would like to be GC for a few more weeks yet! And what makes that GC score even better is that I went into ball 3 on 660k... As I walked up I said I wasn't putting my initials in for the worst score of the day...

Well coded game with some hard tight shots like H1KC and the right loop. Modes are fun. I'd like to buy one one day if anyone in Australia ever sells!

#7904 2 years ago

I'll be honest, the few times I've found one of these on location, I couldn't hear anything and I had no idea what to do. Even though I like Rob Zombie, I wasn't feeling this and I inquired about getting out of my game just a couple weeks ago. However, I'm a stand up guy (::pats self on back: and when KT grumbled at me, I wasn't going to stick it to Spooky and force a back out.

So, I picked up my game at MGC last weekend. Since prices have dropped on this game, I figured there was no market for flipping it either, so I might as well open it and see if I could get into it. I fully expected it to leave in record time since there are other upcoming games I want and I could recycle this money.

BOY WAS I WRONG! I really love this game. I'm certainly in the honeymoon phase for sure, but it is a blast. I've ordered a lighting kit from Pinstadium and will probably add mirror blades. I'm eagerly awaiting the additional code as well. Congrats to Spooky on a game that succeeds in being what pinball should be...FUN!

#7905 2 years ago

Location is rough for this game because it needs to have the volume turned up and there's not a lot of middle ground. I keep mine cranked and just turn the amp off for late night playing.

Quoted from Cheeks:

I've ordered a lighting kit from Pinstadium and will probably add mirror blades.

Pls take pictures of the install, I want to order both of these but my wife says the game is perfect as is and told me to keep my cockbeaters off it.

#7906 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've ordered a lighting kit from Pinstadium

Did you get the flasher add on? If so what color did you go with? I was thinking about getting red. The owner said the UV + glow looked great on this machine though. Wouldn't mind seeing video or pictures of it when you get it installed

#7907 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Did you get the flasher add on? If so what color did you go with? I was thinking about getting red. The owner said the UV + glow looked great on this machine though. Wouldn't mind seeing video or pictures of it when you get it installed

Short video with UV flashers.

#7908 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Pls take pictures of the install, I want to order both of these but my wife says the game is perfect as is and told me to keep my cockbeaters off it.

Quoted from davijc02:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Th video sited by chuckwurt is the one I went off of. Since I was tempted by the Refinery kit and others said it looked good, I figured I'd go with the UV for the flashers so I could get a bit of Refinery without being purple/UV all the time.

I can appreciate (sort of) the people saying this is a dark theme so keep it dark, but you can't see anything and you can't even read what's on the playfield. I have other games with purple GI and I agree with others that this game isn't a fit for that. But I would like to see the ball better and I would like to see/appreciate the playfield. That's why I opted for the Pinstadium kit. I can adjust the GI colors as needed and still get a flasher effect too. Seemed like the best of both worlds.

I was tempted to get some pinblade art for this game, but I just couldn't find any that I liked all that much. I've been on the fence for other games between blade art and mirrors, but there just don't sem t be the mods for this game, so I'll probably just go mirror for RX.

Anyone interested in the Pinstadium kit, PLEASE jump in. I think the initial order is held up until they get enough in the run, so I'm sitting and waiting until enough people decide to go this route.

#7909 2 years ago

Yeah if I had RZ I'd get the red flasher with pinstadium for sure.

#7910 2 years ago

I added all CT retro LEDs with mirror blades and spotlights. Still dark, but absolutely playable in a dark room.

This game rocks, by the way.

image (resized).jpg

#7911 2 years ago

I just played a few games in a dark room. The game to the left was on. I have the spooky led upgrade. I had a few real good games. Can read the playfeild and see the action. Is it possibile the factory leds provide more GI lighting?

#7912 2 years ago

Just saw this , might be a good solution for people that would like to make their playfield brighter . Especially if it would work/fit all 4 slings in the game .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guess-the-new-prototype-product

#7913 2 years ago

Sooooo code update tomorrow? Got a tournament on Saturday be great timing...

#7914 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'll be honest, the few times I've found one of these on location, I couldn't hear anything and I had no idea what to do. Even though I like Rob Zombie, I wasn't feeling this and I inquired about getting out of my game just a couple weeks ago. However, I'm a stand up guy (::pats self on back: and when KT grumbled at me, I wasn't going to stick it to Spooky and force a back out.
So, I picked up my game at MGC last weekend. Since prices have dropped on this game, I figured there was no market for flipping it either, so I might as well open it and see if I could get into it. I fully expected it to leave in record time since there are other upcoming games I want and I could recycle this money.
BOY WAS I WRONG! I really love this game. I'm certainly in the honeymoon phase for sure, but it is a blast. I've ordered a lighting kit from Pinstadium and will probably add mirror blades. I'm eagerly awaiting the additional code as well. Congrats to Spooky on a game that succeeds in being what pinball should be...FUN!

That is why there are a fair few for sale as it seemed a no brainer for a $1000 flip, but that is no longer the case.

Once the code is done, this game is going to be back in demand for sure!

#7915 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

The kid gives us an honest opinion of Rob Zombie: » YouTube video

Anyone know what display setting that is? It looks so much sharper than mine. Are the colors adjustable because mine seem a bit washed out compared to that.

#7916 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Anyone know what display setting that is? It looks so much sharper than mine. Are the colors adjustable because mine seem a bit washed out compared to that.

I'm using the "hi-def" pixels settings on mine. Hardly hi-def, but much better than the default (IMHO).

#7917 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

I could not add the LED strip down the playfied since have mirror blades. I would end up seeing the strip, and that is the last thing I want showing. I added a light socket to "back light" the Red Hot sign. I can clearly see it in reflection on the mirror blades. I plan to encase it in heat-shrink tubing to minimize the distraction. (Silly, OCD non-sense I realize, but I light to see light, just not where it comes from).

Those UV flashers though.....nice.

#7918 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I could not add the LED strip down the playfied since have mirror blades. I would end up seeing the strip, and that is the last thing I want showing. I added a light socket to "back light" the Red Hot sign. I can clearly see it in reflection on the mirror blades. I plan to encase it in heat-shrink tubing to minimize the distraction. (Silly, OCD non-sense I realize, but I light to see light, just not where it comes from).
Those UV flashers though.....nice.

I would double check with pinstadium if the strips are visible with mirror blades. I played a IMVE with pinstadium and mirror blades and don't remember seeing the strips.

#7919 2 years ago

Here's some sample instructions and mode select

drag1 (resized).png

dead1 (resized).png

sample (resized).png

#7920 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Pretty cool!

#7921 2 years ago

Help!

So, I just couldn't fix my ball hang up and reluctantly had to take ramp off etc ( hope I can get it all back together again! ).

Anyway, found the issue but seems a bit different to others described.

The ball just gets stuck here. No switches involved. Ball should move to the right which is clear.

I have the pitch at 7.2 degrees but don't think changing the pitch will do anything.

Do I need to bend lane guide and if so, how? Or stick something onto lane guide to make ball not stick?

Thanks

IMG_1188 (resized).JPG

#7922 2 years ago

Can you bend that ball guid just a bit so it has more of an arch to it for the ball to roll down easier ?

#7923 2 years ago

Looks like you had the same problem I had...Hard to tell from that angle, but that wire bundle shouldn't be in the lane. My ball was getting hung on the wires.

Also make sure your game is level...both front and back of the PF...sometimes the front PF might be level but if there's any twist in the PF, the back may not be. It seems that with your Drop Target hang up and now this, the back of your PF isn't level, but tilted to the left.

#7924 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Looks like you had the same problem I had...Hard to tell from that angle, but that wire bundle shouldn't be in the lane. My ball was getting hung on the wires.
Also make sure your game is level...both front and back of the PF...sometimes the front PF might be level but if there's any twist in the PF, the back may not be. It seems that with your Drop Target hang up and now this, the back of your PF isn't level, but tilted to the left.

Thanks. Wires are from me taking things apart. My playfield wasn't level but it is now. Playfield was tilted to left!

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Can you bend that ball guid just a bit so it has more of an arch to it for the ball to roll down easier ?

I think this may be only solution.

I stuck a piece of felt right where balls just stops and it solves the issue but not really a permanent solution.

#7925 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Are these just for the apron mod or will they also be incorporated on the main display?
Also, are there any color adjustment settings for the display?

#7926 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Are these just for the apron mod or will they also be incorporated on the main display?
Also, are there any color adjustment settings for the display?

Only the mod, not enough room on the main display. Color can not be adjusted on the main display.

#7927 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Only the mod, not enough room on the main display. Color can not be adjusted on the main display.

Thanks. Can't wait to see the mod in action. It looks awesome.

#7928 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thanks. Wires are from me taking things apart. My playfield wasn't level but it is now. Playfield was tilted to left!

I think this may be only solution.
I stuck a piece of felt right where balls just stops and it solves the issue but not really a permanent solution.

I would loosen the screws that hold the ball guide ,reform it just a bit and then tighten the screws . Those screws might be holding the ball guide just slightly out of shape.

#7929 2 years ago

That and doing away with slightly leaning to the left should fix your problem. I have had very few hang-ups on my game but I also keep mine pitched more than most people do. I don't really know if it is my pitch , or if my ball guides just have a tad bit better shape to them though . You just got to find that sweet spot and you shouldn't have the hang -up problem .

#7930 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed this on the code or is it just my machine?
Was playing tonight and I didn't get to finish "Dragula" (it happens) and the ball drained. Later on I would get a flash of the "Dragula" screen shot when my next ball went to the shooter lane. Is this suppose to happen to let me know that I still have the "Dragula" mode unfinished, but advanced and saved for continued play with letters already spelled?
Thanks for any insight.
Hoping to see the instruction mod and more code development with new call outs. Good stuff Faz.

#7931 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I would loosen the screws that hold the ball guide ,reform it just a bit and then tighten the screws . Those screws might be holding the ball guide just slightly out of shape.

Well, took me over 4 hours but bending it in the exact right place did the trick!

Still dialling in and working through last few issues.

Has anyone had this happen?

I tested WHAT mode and at the end Capt Spalding is supposed to turn to let ball through........ mine turns but not far enough to let ball go past.

I cannot figure out why it won't turn as far as it should.

Anyone?!

#7932 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, took me over 4 hours but bending it in the exact right place did the trick!
Still dialling in and working through last few issues.
Has anyone had this happen?
I tested WHAT mode and at the end Capt Spalding is supposed to turn to let ball through........ mine turns but not far enough to let ball go past.
I cannot figure out why it won't turn as far as it should.
Anyone?!

I believe there is a min/max setting in the setup for the servo position.

#7933 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I believe there is a min/max setting in the setup for the servo position.

Excellent! I think this might have solved it.

Gate was on 0 position and if I change it to 12 ( max ) the gate opens wide enough now.

Thanks for that as was worried I needed a new motor or something.

#7934 2 years ago

Got my game at MGC this year and finally got a chance to set it up tonight. Honestly, I haven't played more than a single ball on it since it was Pinball Zombies, so I was really curious what I would expect.

The thing that I really liked about PZFBTG is still there, which is the wicked side to side action, and now some new nifty stuff has been added. I didn't play that many games (I also set up two more machines, and since my basement is under construction, I didn't bother to level anything since they'll all be moved soon anyway.

I get why people don't like this game. It has the old school feeling of the insane side to side of a game like Black Hole, and there aren't that many games, modern or older, that play like it. A missed shot it extremely damaging, and it's easy to miss shots.

How I set up my game, the left orbit is almost impossible to hit, so I didn't see many modes. The goals about exactly what to do need to be made a bit more clear, but I expect that will happen with the code update.

Having said that, I really appreciated how this thing plays. I LOVE hard games, and this is a game that is going to be difficult to keep the ball in play for. I figure that once I figure it out some more, it'll be one of my favorite games, as how it was I played it more than Ghostbusters or STTNG tonight!

I also really dig the artwork and the playfield as is. Overall, a very solid package currently, and I can't wait to see what comes in the future, both in the way of new code and in the way of me figuring out how to do what is there!

#7935 2 years ago

Ok, going to move from V17 to V19 and don't want to do this bit wrong!

I have watched the video and read the instructions a few times.

I have an iMac so it is different to the video as they are using Windows.

I have the SD card in my iMac.

Go to Disk Utility.

To format do I do this?

There is a tab for 'Erase'.

Then a drop down tab that says RZ V17. Change this to RZ V19?

Format - Click MS -DOS ( FAT ) ? Guessing this is the same as FAT32?

Then press erase?

Then drop the 5 files from V19 onto the SD card?

I think this is correct but want to make sure as don't want to mess up a board!!!!!

Thanks

#7936 2 years ago

Here's a video Spooky put together on the process

#7937 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Here's a video Spooky put together on the process
» YouTube video

Yeah, thanks, seen that - seems to illustrate Windows and just want to make sure doing it right as with Apple it's different.

#7938 2 years ago

One mode and sub mode away from Hellbound. 2 super skill shots in one game. And then of course I choked.

Factory settings... and a gentlemanly tilt setting.

IMG_1675 (resized).JPG

#7939 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

and a gentlemanly tilt setting.

Is that kind of like a "college try"?

I played like 10 games on mine this morning, still love this game! Can't wait for even more code and callouts to add to it!

#7940 2 years ago

What illuminates Hurry Up? Played a decent 40mil game today, and on ball 1 completed LDG, Dragula, AW and What!. After What! the Hurry Up lit and stayed lit the rest of the game. Never did I see the mode select again on the left orbit. The mode select did work when I shot the ball to the upper PF, but the Hurry Up stayed lit the rest of the game. Every once and awhile it would go out for a few seconds then come right back on.

Incidentally, by the end of the game I was shy Ho1K and Demenoid....I sure wish there was something in the Demonoid mode that would spot those two upper right blue targets....takes pure luck to get them.

#7941 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What illuminates Hurry Up? Played a decent 40mil game today, and on ball 1 completed LDG, Dragula, AW and What!. After What! the Hurry Up lit and stayed lit the rest of the game. Never did I see the mode select again on the left orbit. The mode select did work when I shot the ball to the upper PF, but the Hurry Up stayed lit the rest of the game. Every once and awhile it would go out for a few seconds then come right back on.
Incidentally, by the end of the game I was shy Ho1K and Demenoid....I sure wish there was something in the Demonoid mode that would spot those two upper right blue targets....takes pure luck to get them.

Finishing What! lights Red Hot. I think the hurry up is the shot to finish Red Hot, but I haven't been able to do that yet.

#7942 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Finishing What! lights Red Hot. I think the hurry up is the shot to finish Red Hot, but I haven't been able to do that yet.

I definitely hit the left orbit multiple times with Hurry Up lit....but it just went up top and allowed me to select a mode.

#7943 2 years ago

Red hot is completed while in the what multiball after completing what . It is the right orbit to complete red hot. Left orbit and hitting it in the captain spalding shot is a jackpot .

#7944 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

One mode and sub mode away from Hellbound. 2 super skill shots in one game. And then of course I choked.
Factory settings... and a gentlemanly tilt setting.

That's as close as I have been also . What was your final score for that game?

#7945 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

That's as close as I have been also . What was your final score for that game?

In the 60 million range. I think H1KC is the most lucrative mode if you can stay alive long enough.

#7946 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Red hot is completed while in the what multiball after completing what . It is the right orbit to complete red hot. Left orbit and hitting it in the captain spalding shot is a jackpot .

Good to know!

#7947 2 years ago

Yeah , had you known you might have been just one mode away from hellbound . That Demonoid Phenomenom is a tough one though .

#7948 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the 60 million range. I think H1KC is the most lucrative mode if you can stay alive long enough.

Here's something to aim for.

rd

IMG_5652 (resized).JPG

#7950 2 years ago

That's the score when I did Hellbound.

I have another couple around the 100m, from memory 90m and 120m? (I'm away from the game for now..)

I haven't shot the video I said I was going to, as I knew the new code was coming so it would have been obsolete.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside