2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 223.
#7851 7 years ago

Looking forward to this! I hear on the latest Slam Tilt podcast they mentioned the problem with modes that allow continuous Jackpot scoring - especially holding with the right flipper and continually hitting the center ramp with the left. I tend to do this in living dead girl if behind in a tournament. I know we discussed it and I think it was agreed to move the Jackpot shot after a certain number of hits to prevent this.

#7852 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Looking forward to this! I hear on the latest Slam Tilt podcast they mentioned the problem with modes that allow continuous Jackpot scoring - especially holding with the right flipper and continually hitting the center ramp with the left. I tend to do this in living dead girl if behind in a tournament. I know we discussed it and I think it was agreed to move the Jackpot shot after a certain number of hits to prevent this.

This and the corpse lock lights will be fixed before v20 comes out

#7853 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Hi Fawzma, thanks for being so active with the code feedback. Will there be future updates to show the jackpot values during modes and scores while modes/multiballs are running?

#7854 7 years ago

Where do we buy apron mod?

#7855 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Where do we buy apron mod?

Not available yet and date of release hasn't been announced.

#7857 7 years ago

I'll let everyone know when its ready.. I'll be posting video of it in action really soon.

I was happy to see today that the mod does not interfere with the update process. Updating the mod will be pretty easy to as it will use a USB drive.

#7858 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It will include info that allows you to not need to lift your head. Such as mode info, balls, players, scores, corpse count, etc..
The system itself will be able to talk to other games, so head to head games.
Was also thinking while in tournament play, I wanted to be able to have the system plugged into an external TV to show even more info. I'm also thinking way out there, that its possible to use the camera module to do live views on one side of the screen, then show stats/data on the other half.

Can't wait!

#7859 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

When will we see V20? Will it be ready for long Easter weekend? No pressure

#7860 7 years ago

Friday would be a great day for a code drop

#7861 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Enjoy your game when it arrives. I think the only reason to worry about the robot is if you see it not turning properly during game play or not turning at all. And if you see it "quivering" rather than turning--as mine was--then investigate. If there is a robot problem, the video hyperlinked earlier in this thread is extremely helpful if you have to do any maintenance or replacement.

Okay, so my robot hasn't turned at all in a while. Now what?

IMG_1047 (resized).JPGIMG_1047 (resized).JPG

#7862 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Okay, so my robot hasn't turned at all in a while. Now what?

With the power off, try to turn it gently by hand. This will ensure that it's not hung on something.

Next, I would check the servo wires to make sure they're plugged in and that they haven't been cut. They do run close to the pop bumper ring.

If all of that looks good, you may have a failed servo that you would need to replace.

#7863 7 years ago

@fawzmagames, any chance of doing a mini-wizard mode after completing the 4 sub-modes? I think that might open the aperture of the game for something semi-achievable.

#7864 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

fawzmagames, any chance of doing a mini-wizard mode after completing the 4 sub-modes? I think that might open the aperture of the game for something semi-achievable.

I'd like to see maybe different "levels/tiers" of Living Dead Girl mode. I end up starting it a lot more than I'd prefer trying to lock balls and just thru basic game play. Might be more fun if it had like a 2-3 tiered modes to it that were different along the way. Different objectives for the 2nd/3rd time you start it in a game.

#7865 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd like to see maybe different "levels/tiers" of Living Dead Girl mode. I end up starting it a lot more than I'd prefer trying to lock balls and just thru basic game play. Might be more fun if it had like a 2-3 tiered modes to it that were different along the way. Different objectives for the 2nd/3rd time you start it in a game.

Agreed. I've started LDG inadvertently when trying to hit the drop target for 1K Corpses.

Also, do the Corpses carry over if you start 1K Corpses again? For instance, if I collect 700 Corpses, will I only need 300 if I start the mode again?

If not, I'd recommend that the Corpses carry over. It's a tough mode to finish.

#7866 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Agreed. I've started LDG inadvertently when trying to hit the drop target for 1K Corpses.
Also, do the Corpses carry over if you start 1K Corpses again? For instance, if I collect 700 Corpses, will I only need 300 if I start the mode again?
If not, I'd recommend that the Corpses carry over. It's a tough mode to finish.

Ha! I've only had my game for a few days, but I've never even started H1KC, I keep starting LDG inadvertently. The ease and repetition of starting LDG so often is my biggest complaint about the rules so far.

#7867 7 years ago

I think what I have to do is make LDG progressive. Because once its beat, it takes more hits of those targets to get it started.

Or, once the mode end, don't let it start again unless you complete some other task.

H1KC does carry over.

Mudflaps mini-wizards are still on the table

#7868 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think what I have to do is make LDG progressive. Because once its beat, it takes more hits of those targets to get it started.
Or, once the mode end, don't let it start again unless you complete some other task.
H1KC does carry over.
mudflaps mini-wizards are still on the table

Great to hear. One last suggestion and I'll shut up.

Capt Spaulding taunts me constantly. During the mini-wizard mode, wouldn't it be great to get him back? 'Bitch Slap a Clown' or 'Fuck Capt Spaulding's Grandma' or something along those lines.

Whatever it takes to hit the start button one more time to silence that SOB!

#7869 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

H1KC does carry over.

Yes, I rarely start H1KC because of LDG. It's a great shot too. Unfortunately, I am not, so even with the increased hits required, I usually end up in LDG. (I used to have the same issue with WeaponX MB in my XM until I replaced the giant bash toy with the Newton ball mod.)

I would be happy with with a lock-out on LDG until another task completes. Would certainly be great for competition play.

#7870 7 years ago

Quick question.

I have the ball hang up as described in this thread. Pretty sure it is not the rollover switches as took them off.

I just wanted to see when you manually drop a ball through top of mini playfield, is the ball then supposed to roll out as mine doesn't - ever.

If it is supposed to then guessing the lane guides are too tight. I would have a look but didn't have much joy trying to access the area so might have to phone a friend

#7871 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Quick question.
I have the ball hang up as described in this thread. Pretty sure it is not the rollover switches as took them off.
I just wanted to see when you manually drop a ball through top of mini playfield, is the ball then supposed to roll out as mine doesn't - ever.
If it is supposed to then guessing the lane guides are too tight. I would have a look but didn't have much joy trying to access the area so might have to phone a friend

2 screws on the right side of the mini PF and it can be lifted up to access the area in question.

#7872 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

2 screws on the right side of the mini PF and it can be lifted up to access the area in question.

Really? Thanks.

Did take those 2 out but it didn't move that much - presumed it may have been flipper keeping it down?

#7873 7 years ago

Really? Thanks.
Did take those 2 out but it didn't move that much - presumed it may have been flipper keeping it down?

Yeah, you have to remove the flipper to lift the mini playfield.

#7874 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, you have to remove the flipper to lift the mini playfield.

Thanks - so 2 screws and just this nut on the flipper? Then I will have access to the area where the ball hang up is?

IMG_1164 (resized).JPGIMG_1164 (resized).JPG

#7875 7 years ago

I would agree in the few number of games that I've played that LDG is quite easy to start. Maybe the first time could be just hitting the stand ups the required amount of times.

Maybe to restart it again raise the number of hits to the stand ups which would light LDG but wouldn't start unless you shoot the right orbit. That would certainly add some difficulty to it!

As a side note when upgrading the lighting what are the opinions of the pinstadium kit vs. the pinball refinery UV kit?

#7876 7 years ago

2 screws on the side, the upper pf flipper, and I pulled the right wire ramp to the inlanes too. Took 20 min or so for the R & R. Fairly easy to work on.

#7877 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

And add tiered/different rules to it for the subsequent times you start it.

It's a big "feature" of the game, I'd like to see it have more depth in the rules/modes.

#7878 7 years ago

You know with LDG it may be as easy as once it is completed, then it is locked out until H1KC is completed, then both are active again. That'd make people have to work through H1KC and would make some sense too since they are almost the same shots. Reverse could be true too if you complete H1KC you can't start it again until LDG is completed.

Could even have some cool little mini scene to celebrate completing both.

Of course there could still be some third task that has to be completed before you can enable them again after completing both. Could even be as simple as hit the left loop mode start and one of the mode options is to have an Encore for LDG and H1KC. That just enables them and you have to go back to bashing the targets to start them again. Some sort of rewind animation or crowd chant would be appropriate.

#7879 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I would agree in the few number of games that I've played that LDG is quite easy to start. Maybe the first time could be just hitting the stand ups the required amount of times.
Maybe to restart it again raise the number of hits to the stand ups which would light LDG but wouldn't start unless you shoot the right orbit. That would certainly add some difficulty to it!
As a side note when upgrading the lighting what are the opinions of the pinstadium kit vs. the pinball refinery UV kit?

I've put in the UV kit. For my tastes it was a little too over powering so I have put electrical tape over some of the lights just to soften it a bit. It really brings out the lightning on the right side of the play-field. Robs head looks pretty cool in the softened purple glow. Also the strip above Spaulding needs to be softened as it overpowers the RGB. With a few simple tweeks its pretty cool though. Plus sometimes as a change I remove the one simple power connector and play without it just for the original factory feel

#7880 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

I've put in the UV kit. For my tastes it was a little too over powering so I have put electrical tape over some of the lights just to soften it a bit. It really brings out the lightning on the right side of the play-field. Robs head looks pretty cool in the softened purple glow. Also the strip above Spaulding needs to be softened as it overpowers the RGB. With a few simple tweeks its pretty cool though. Plus sometimes as a change I remove the one simple power connector and play without it just for the original factory feel

Mind taking a picture? I'd love to see this.

#7881 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

The problem being the UV looks lousy in photos, really really doesn't do it justice. i'll post some anyway but its a case of you really have to be there.

#7882 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Or, once the mode end, don't let it start again unless you complete some other task

To encourage playing modes, make LDG available again after a mode is completed.

Or, to make it even better, after starting a mode, make LDG available so you can stack them together.

Stacking shit is cool.

rd

#7883 7 years ago

What is the general consensus on RZ and TWD? I've currently got TWD Pro but have been toying with the idea of selling it to buy RZ. I've played RZ only one time so not enough to really get a good feel for it. Figured I'd ask here seeing as I've gone through the thread and there are quite a few people with both in here.

#7884 7 years ago

There are a ton of photos of this online already, but everyone says they don't look anything like how it looks in person. Go to Pinball Refinery's website, they have a picture.

I was all set to get the Refinery kit, but I backed off because I really didn't want it to be purple. I have some games with purple in the GI and they look cool, but this didn't seem like one where I wanted it. I know it won't look AS purple as the pictures, but people still said it had a purple hue.

At the last minute I opted for the Pinstadium kit. I liked that you could tune the GI colors, and the added flasher effect looked pretty cool. I went with the UV flasher option so I could still get a bit of the Refinery look, but it wasn't what the game looked like all the time. The main downside is there will be a wait on them doing the initial run until more people jump in. But, I heard second hand that Charlie thought the Pinstadium kit looked cool in RZ, so I figured if it aligned with his vision of the game, that was even better.

#7885 7 years ago

What is the general consensus on RZ and TWD? I've currently got TWD Pro but have been toying with the idea of selling it to buy RZ. I've played RZ only one time so not enough to really get a good feel for it. Figured I'd ask here seeing as I've gone through the thread and there are quite a few people with both in here.

Both totally different games.

Like comparing chalk and cheese.

TWD is now one of the better coded machines ever made. Lots of competitive players call it their favourite game.

RZ is Black Hole on Steroids, with modern modes.

Both games will whoop your ass.

I have them next to each other, they complement each other nicely.

rd

#7886 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Both totally different games.
Like comparing chalk and cheese.
TWD is now one of the better coded machines ever made. Lots of competitive players call it their favourite game.
RZ is Black Hole on Steroids, with modern modes.
Both games will whoop your ass.
I have them next to each other, they complement each other nicely.
rd

Right now I've got TWD next to GB and although they are much different, they both have the Stern feel (obviously). That's kind of why I was looking at the Spooky machine.

TWD is a great game undoubtedly but next to Ghostbusters, it always comes 2nd when I go to play a game. I don't know if any of that makes sense haha but I'd like to have two wildly different games that I go to play for different reasons. Maybe I won't find that or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

#7887 7 years ago

My RZ isn't even completed yet and it's killing me. Supposed to be finished end of April to early May. I think the wait is literally killing me

#7888 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To encourage playing modes, make LDG available again after a mode is completed.
Or, to make it even better, after starting a mode, make LDG available so you can stack them together.
Stacking shit is cool.
rd

Yes! stacking ldg with modes would be cool , I kind of use it as a stacker now because I go for the murder cards while in ldg . If youcould stack ldg with demonoid phenomenom that would be nice .

#7889 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My RZ isn't even completed yet and it's killing me. Supposed to be finished end of April to early May. I think the wait is literally killing me

How long ago did you order it?

#7890 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

RIP

#7891 7 years ago

How long ago did you order it?

I purchased #294 from a pinsider who wanted out from underneath it so he could fund a AFMr. Scheduled to be completed in the next 2-3 weeks

#7892 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

#279 here and feeling the same way. Must be a Hoosier thing

#7893 7 years ago

So now that I have mine with not that many games played yet, should I put some wax on the field that I see some people have mentioned, or is what it comes with good enough?
Not concerned with affecting the ball movement as I am nowhere near an expert, just want to make sure it is protected and stays in good condition.

#7894 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

H1KC does carry over.

Thanks for mini wizards. I had to make the tough decision to list a game this week and RZSI didn't even cross my mind as the low man on the totem pole because I know it is going to get so much better. Hell I'm simply looking forward to all the additional call outs.

#7895 7 years ago
Quoted from Thanatos:

So now that I have mine with not that many games played yet, should I put some wax on the field that I see some people have mentioned, or is what it comes with good enough?
Not concerned with affecting the ball movement as I am nowhere near an expert, just want to make sure it is protected and stays in good condition.

Always wax any playfield. I probably only do mine every 6 months or so but always when I get a new game in the house.

This stuff is really good.

WAX (resized).jpgWAX (resized).jpg

#7896 7 years ago

Always wax any playfield. I probably only do mine every 6 months or so but always when I get a new game in the house.
This stuff is really good.

I never wax mine just keep them clean when ball trails appear. In home use only don't see the need. My first run metallica premium has never been waxed still looks like new.

#7897 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I never wax mine just keep them clean when ball trails appear. In home use only don't see the need. My first run metallica premium has never been waxed still looks like new.

tons of varying opinions on this. I have gorgeous HUO games that play extremely smooth and fast and true. I've only ever used Novus 1 (liberally) and Novus 2 and/or Millwax sparingly. Personally, I get confused/concerned with the "non-pinball" products, but I don't know the science nor am I judging anyone for using them. back to my first sentence...

#7898 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

#279 here and feeling the same way. Must be a Hoosier thing

I can third that, #277 here

#7899 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll let everyone know when its ready.. I'll be posting video of it in action really soon.
I was happy to see today that the mod does not interfere with the update process. Updating the mod will be pretty easy to as it will use a USB drive.

I'm really excited about this. does this have its own microprocessor? Basically getting info from the main board and able to open the door to many more things? Or is it more like a display driver board with its own stored images and animations but taking queues from the main board code?
Thanks
Ed

#7900 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm really excited about this. does this have its own microprocessor? Basically getting info from the main board and able to open the door to many more things? Or is it more like a display driver board with its own stored images and animations but taking queues from the main board code?
Thanks
Ed

It's a Raspberry Pi that's communicating with Pinheck system.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/158?hl=sulakd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.