IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 223.
#7801 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Does video, and will interact with the game.

Sounds awesome. Please post video or price point when it's ready.

#7802 6 years ago

Great mod

Suggestion.

When selling it maybe include a blood red laminated apron card for the other side of the apron?

I have printed the cards off Spooky site but color is off on my printer and it's not laminated anyway.

Thanks

#7803 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In case it was missed on my fb page, there will be an apron display mod coming.

AWESOME!

#7804 6 years ago

Interested to see more of this mod. Damn you guys and developing cool stuff

#7805 6 years ago

Someone please get some video from the Spooky booth at MGC. What a great idea and way to differentiate Spooky games. Put me down for 2 of them.

#7806 6 years ago

I want and hate you. Would it come with the precut apron plastic. Id hate to cut my original.

#7807 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I want and hate you. Would it come with the precut apron plastic. Id hate to cut my original.

New apron, no need to cut

#7808 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

New apron, no need to cut

Cool

Presume no need for apron cards at all then which is good as they never get read and they never look that good either!

#7809 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

New code version 20. Greatly needed. What about the switch problem middle loop.
Ball sometimes hits it bounces back.
Needs an different style switch.

Two screws to take it off the underside of the playfield, two minutes to bend it with a pair of needle-nose pliers. Haven't had the problem since. I posted a picture earlier in the thread of how mine is shaped now: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/151#post-3641371

#7810 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In case it was missed on my fb page, there will be an apron display mod coming.

How much $$$$?

#7811 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This game is like no other for sure and will only get better.
One question for the future as been wondering about this for ages - has anyone replaced the fan with a quieter one and if so , was it difficult ?
Some people ( not pinball ) have replaced fan with a Vantec Stealth ( SF6025L ) and noise reduced by 75%.

Let us know how this goes, I've considered changing the fan to a quieter one but it hasn't bothered my much. I assume it's pretty easy to open up the power supply to get to it.

#7812 6 years ago

Since you are making an apron mod, how about a metal apron also. I used to hear people bitch about sterns plastic apron and never understood it. But I feel the apron on this machine is lacking.

#7813 6 years ago

Great mod, very happy with the quality work Modelvisionary Thanks

20170409_151750 (resized).jpg20170409_151750 (resized).jpg

#7814 6 years ago

I played a bunch of games on this tonight during league night and while I still don't understand how to really play it... I had a LOT of fun trying to figure it out! It really does not play or feel like anything else out there. Fuckin' love it.

#7815 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I played a bunch of games on this tonight during league night and while I still don't understand how to really play it... I had a LOT of fun trying to figure it out! It really does not play or feel like anything else out there. Fuckin' love it.

Nice one!

Once you learn the rules, its even better.

Not every game needs to be a cookie cutter fan layout ...

rd

#7816 6 years ago

I just brought mine home, and it is WAY too dark. We like to play in a dark basement, and the wife kept complaining that she couldn't see the ball (I agree with her).

I've added spotlights on other games, but I've also seen that Pinball Refinery has their UV kit. Has anyone seen this in person? The pictures look purple, but people say that isn't representative. Is there much UV reactive paint in the game? I'm not sure what to expect that to look like.

I'm trying to decide whether I should go with that kit or just put spots everywhere.

Any opinions?

#7817 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I just brought mine home, and it is WAY too dark. We like to play in a dark basement, and the wife kept complaining that she couldn't see the ball (I agree with her).
I've added spotlights on other games, but I've also seen that Pinball Refinery has their UV kit. Has anyone seen this in person? The pictures look purple, but people say that isn't representative. Is there much UV reactive paint in the game? I'm not sure what to expect that to look like.
I'm trying to decide whether I should go with that kit or just put spots everywhere.
Any opinions?

I highly recommend pinstadium for this game.

Order at pinstadium.com or message Scott through the website. Great guy and very responsive.

#7818 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any opinions?

Pinball Refinery's UV GI lighting upgrade looks great on this game. I have it and don't need any additional lighting over his kit.

http://www.mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

#7819 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any opinions?

It's funny how we all like different lighting.

I love the lighting on this game, it just suits the theme perfectly.

Did yours have the LED upgrade kit? With this mine was so bright I actually made it darker

#7820 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The pictures look purple, but people say that isn't representative

This is true. Definitely not as purple as the pictures show it, but definitely gives the whole game a purple hue. No issues with tracking the ball and the playfield is lit up better.

#7821 6 years ago

Had a spider spin some webs up by living dead girl. Normally I'd clean this out right away but it looks so cool I'm going to leave it for as long as I can.

Not going to lie. I'm going to be pretty sad when I have to lift the play field.

2017-04-09 10.51.43 (resized).jpg2017-04-09 10.51.43 (resized).jpg

2017-04-09 10.51.49 (resized).jpg2017-04-09 10.51.49 (resized).jpg

#7822 6 years ago

It's funny how we all like different lighting.
I love the lighting on this game, it just suits the theme perfectly.
Did yours have the LED upgrade kit? With this mine was so bright I actually made it darker

I did get the LED upgrade and in a dark room, you can barely see the ball.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I highly recommend pinstadium for this game.
Order at pinstadium.com or message Scott through the website. Great guy and very responsive.

Apparently you have seen both Pinstadium and Pinball Refinery in person. I have not seen either unfortunately. What makes you like the Pinstadium better? At 2.5-3x the cost (depending if you add the flasher option), I'm curious if / how the product is better. In the Pinstadium video, the general lighting definitely wasn't purple looking until the flashers went off. Wonder if that was UV flashers (which makes the kit $200).

#7823 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Apparently you have seen both Pinstadium and Pinball Refinery in person. I have not seen either unfortunately. What makes you like the Pinstadium better? At 2.5-3x the cost (depending if you add the flasher option), I'm curious if / how the product is better. In the Pinstadium video, the general lighting definitely wasn't purple looking until the flashers went off. Wonder if that was UV flashers (which makes the kit $200).

Exactly. And my understanding is those UV flashers are the same UV led that the refinery kits use.

So if you were to not get the flasher option, it would just be the GI enhancement piece. The the choice is cool white or warm white. Then every other LED on the strip are white and the other LEDs are full spectrum color. Customized with the included app.

This way you're not pidgeon holed into a certain color scheme. If you don't like the setup that was pre made, just change it with your phone.

Also if you go with the flasher option, that can be any color and hooked into one flasher on the game or multiple.

I've only seen the pinball refinery UV LEDs in a ghostbusters no RZ, but it's definitely different than pictures make it look.

#7824 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What I have noticed is that this game will be better with non reflective glass so probably going that route.

#7825 6 years ago

Oh, I can't find any instructions on how to use access the menu?

Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as others as I press Menu inside door and nothing really seems to happen.

Any links anywhere as couldn't find anything on support pages?

Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7826 6 years ago

Doesn't seem to be as intuitive as others as I press Menu inside door and nothing really seems to happen.
Thanks

Something is wrong then - you press the button and the menu pops up and you navigate with the flipper buttons. Pretty self-explanatory.

#7827 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any opinions?

I bought this kit and highly recommend it. Adds the necessary brightness and looks great.

#7828 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Had a spider spin some webs up by living dead girl. Normally I'd clean this out right away but it looks so cool I'm going to leave it for as long as I can.
Not going to lie. I'm going to be pretty sad when I have to lift the play field.

If you lift and clean it out, option after is wait until Halloween when you can find the fake stuff being sold to decorate.

#7829 6 years ago

Thanks

Check your wires on the buttons, wires seem to be pretty tight in that area and I had mine break off due to this reason.

#7830 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Something is wrong then - you press the button and the menu pops up and you navigate with the flipper buttons. Pretty self-explanatory.

Thanks.

Nothing happens when I press menu. May have to email Spooky direct as no idea where to go from here.

#7831 6 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Check your wires on the buttons, wires seem to be pretty tight in that area and I had mine break off due to this reason.

Thanks - wires look ok but guess there might be a connection not making good contact in the plastic block.

Unrelated.

Can't now remember if any of these issues discussed?

1. Ball gets stuck behind drop target?

2. Ball gets stuck somewhere unseen at back of playfield. Can't see where and when I lift playfield it re-appears. Have to re-start game as game says a message about checking a switch.

Loving the game - just need to get it dialled in 100%

#7832 6 years ago

Thanks - wires look ok but guess there might be a connection not making good contact in the plastic block.
Unrelated.
2. Ball gets stuck somewhere unseen at back of playfield. Can't see where and when I lift playfield it re-appears. Have to re-start game as game says a message about checking a switch.

Yes been discussed. Check throughout the thread.

#7833 6 years ago

Unrelated.

1. Make sure your game is level. Also, loosen one of the mounting screws below the PF and slightly angle the Drop Target assembly.

2. Mine did this on the pass through orbit...turned out to be the wiring assembly up to the top plastic lamp was drooping into this area and catching the ball. Others have reported that the ball guide in the same area might be a little flat and need some adjusting.

#7834 6 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Great mod, very happy with the quality work Modelvisionary Thanks

Glad to see Modelvisionary got to make another. It was too pretty for my machine to be the only machine to have one.

#7835 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

1. Make sure your game is level. Also, loosen one of the mounting screws below the PF and slightly angle the Drop Target assembly.
2. Mine did this on the pass through orbit...turned out to be the wiring assembly up to the top plastic lamp was drooping into this area and catching the ball. Others have reported that the ball guide in the same area might be a little flat and need some adjusting.

Many thanks - will check all this in next few days.

#7836 6 years ago

Unrelated.

If I remember correctly my wire broke off and pulled into the wire loom, at first check I thought mine were all good as well.

#7837 6 years ago

Help!! My right flipper is sticking up. Anyone know how to fix? Got a tourney to host Sat. and was hoping to use RZ. Thanks!

#7838 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Help!! My right flipper is sticking up. Anyone know how to fix? Got a tourney to host Sat. and was hoping to use RZ. Thanks!

Mine just started doing this on AMH recently...but on mine, it seems like it's the flipper button sticking.

#7839 6 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

Broken spring? I had one break the first 100 games.

#7840 6 years ago

Didn't realize you could search just this thread for 'drop target' so have read what people have done.

I am not that great at making mods but it seems like there is room behind the drop target to stick something like a small wedge so that when ball gathers behind target it would then roll to the right?

I might have a go at making something.

IMG_1155 (resized).JPGIMG_1155 (resized).JPG

#7841 6 years ago

Didn't realize you could search just this thread for 'drop target' so have read what people have done.
I am not that great at making mods but it seems like there is room behind the drop target to stick something like a small wedge so that when ball gathers behind target it would then roll to the right?
I might have a go at making something.

Before you try that, I would check to see if the game is leveled. The drop target is already set at an angle so that the ball rolls off of it.
I had the ball get stuck there too, but after leveling the game, it has not happened since.
Also, consider a coat of wax on the pf and the balls. It reduces friction, so the ball will roll easily at slower speeds. That, and it makes the game play super smooth...like I can backhand the ball into the VUK smooth.

#7842 6 years ago

All you need to do is slightly rotate the drop target assy. clockwise (viewed from top) and balls can no longer get stuck there.

#7843 6 years ago

What I have noticed is that this game will be better with non reflective glass so probably going that route.

I'm throwing in a sheet of Invisiglass on my RZ that I have for sale right now to sweeten the deal.

#7844 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Someone please get some video from the Spooky booth at MGC. What a great idea and way to differentiate Spooky games. Put me down for 2 of them.

I had seen this earlier in the show when I was basically running by and thought it was a cool backlit apron card. Now that I know it is an interactive screen, I'm wondering if it is still on my game (still folded up after the show)...

#7845 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I had seen this earlier in the show when I was basically running by and thought it was a cool backlit apron card. Now that I know it is an interactive screen, I'm wondering if it is still on my game (still folded up after the show)...

Lol no, it was my only prototype, and at some point due to the rigging we did at the last minute, the power input of the screen broke off when the playfield was lifted up.

#7846 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Lol no, it was my only prototype, and at some point due to the rigging we did at the last minute, the power input of the screen broke off when the playfield was lifted up.

Generally (without spoiling anything if you're keeping secrets) what do you plan on this display doing? And roughly when are you planning on it being released?

#7847 6 years ago

It will include info that allows you to not need to lift your head. Such as mode info, balls, players, scores, corpse count, etc..

The system itself will be able to talk to other games, so head to head games.

Was also thinking while in tournament play, I wanted to be able to have the system plugged into an external TV to show even more info. I'm also thinking way out there, that its possible to use the camera module to do live views on one side of the screen, then show stats/data on the other half.

#7848 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Drat!

#7849 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

It will include info that allows you to not need to lift your head. Such as mode info, balls, players, scores, corpse count, etc..
The system itself will be able to talk to other games, so head to head games.
Was also thinking while in tournament play, I wanted to be able to have the system plugged into an external TV to show even more info. I'm also thinking way out there, that its possible to use the camera module to do live views on one side of the screen, then show stats/data on the other half.

I dream of a pin with a wifi server that supported JSON. Query for current player score/stats, audits, etc.... You would see all sorts of 3rd party tourney display software popping up.

#7850 6 years ago

This is what you should have seen when a game started. Next time I'll hold off on beers till after I work on electronics.

IMG_1238 (resized).JPGIMG_1238 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.