2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 223.
#7751 7 years ago

I hosted another tournament over the weekend (I do one every month) so RZ got another 7hrs of play. I was concerned because I had put on a fresh coat of caranuba wax prior and it was playing fast.
Results: ROCK SOLID for the entire event. Folks pointed out how smooth it played. No problems at all.

I'm hosting another event next Sunday which I will be streaming on Twitch. I'll have some of the best players in the New England area flipping on it from 12-6pm. Check it out: twitch.tv/flipoutnh (sorry, no BowenK. He was invited, but will be at PAPA)

#7752 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I hosted another tournament over the weekend (I do one every month) so RZ got another 7hrs of play. I was concerned because I had put on a fresh coat of caranuba wax prior and it was playing fast.
Results: ROCK SOLID for the entire event. Folks pointed out how smooth it played. No problems at all.
I'm hosting another event next Sunday which I will be streaming on Twitch. I'll have some of the best players in the New England area flipping on it from 12-6pm. Check it out: twitch.tv/flipoutnh (sorry, no BowenK. He was invited, but will be at PAPA)

Great to hear.

I have been excited for this game since it was announced and the fact the code has a good way to go, gives reason to be more excited as hoping by the time the code has finished, this game will end up with a great reputation.

A polished code on RZ will sure make it easier to sell Alice Cooper

They could look awesome together side by side!

#7753 7 years ago

I was going to build a light box and mount the LE translite on some glass so I could swap between it and my standard backglass but once I realized I'd have to cut it down I put the idea on hold. The Pinball Zombies translite is even smaller so it would need some sort of a frame built around it to actually put it on the machine.

#7754 7 years ago

So I had upper playfield switch issue this weekend during a party. I pretty much knew what happened since I have read about it a lot here. Is the fix just to bend back use tape/heat shrink to prevent this from happening? Is something being done in the factory with the new builds to prevent this? I think a some sort of cover needs to be 3d printed for this issue. I just did a quick fix with some tape as with 30 people over and drinks flying around solder and heat shrink sounded dangerous.

#7755 7 years ago

'working on a new tool to help choreograph music/sounds with the playfield. I want to make enough changes to RZ that will make everyone want to upgrade. Then, I'll port everything done in RZ over to JET and DOM that isn't game specific.'

Odd phrasing with Jetsons and RZ in same update. Does he mean like system tool updates like Stern did with Spike system? (yawn) Or... is RZ getting another real code update just for itself with new callouts, scoring tweaks, animations, etc... now that would be sweet

#7756 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

'working on a new tool to help choreograph music/sounds with the playfield. I want to make enough changes to RZ that will make everyone want to upgrade. Then, I'll port everything done in RZ over to JET and DOM that isn't game specific.'
Odd phrasing with Jetsons and RZ in same update. Does he mean like system tool updates like Stern did with Spike system? (yawn) Or... is RZ getting another real code update just for itself with new callouts, scoring tweaks, animations, etc... now that would be sweet

It means what I'm doing with RZ can/will be ported over to the other games. RZ v20 has a ton of updates. Dominos and Jetsons will get some of the same updates.

This latest tool takes sound files and lets me tags point in time that I'll be able to use with timing in the games to let me do something on the playfield. This isn't some update in the game related to system menus or whatever it is Stern does.

This also mean, that when I write a tool for one game, I can use to to help me in all the other games. This saves a ton of time.

#7757 7 years ago

David is basically making a base pinball os for all development and rules to built off of. Then a glitch update can be applied to all fawz-os games.
He doesn't have decades of code like stern to pull from.
Keep it up. Loving my RZ. I'm excited about the content update.

#7758 7 years ago

Some cool pics of number 300. Is the run done now? Guessing must be close to finish now.

17546751_1388414674553089_1620928313862820961_o (resized).jpg17546751_1388414674553089_1620928313862820961_o (resized).jpg

17635221_1388414697886420_2293701914127242746_o (resized).jpg17635221_1388414697886420_2293701914127242746_o (resized).jpg

17620128_1388414001219823_9198960586169062932_o (resized).jpg17620128_1388414001219823_9198960586169062932_o (resized).jpg

17546890_1388414551219768_56183582043467744_o (resized).jpg17546890_1388414551219768_56183582043467744_o (resized).jpg

#7759 7 years ago

'I'm excited about the content update.'

You just told us its more of a dev tools update for the programmers than a conent update for RZ. You can see why Im confused. Maybe it's both? Sounds like v20 has been around awhile now for limited audiences, I guess it still counts as 'new content' to the rest of us peons. Oh well, better than nothing. End rant.

#7760 7 years ago

If #300 is done shouldn't the code be done? I thought Spooky said something about codes will be done when all machines are shipped?

#7761 7 years ago

Yeah as amazingly transparent as they have been all along...with the coder himself providing constant updates and feedback...

let's now pester and nag at them to run them off... in true PS fashion.

Great couple of posts guys.

#7762 7 years ago

If 300 is done where is my 298?

#7763 7 years ago

My game is ready to ship in the next 30 days or so. If anyone is interested it has all factory mods included and I would be selling for just what my cost is. Game can ship to you directly from Spooky. I just listed in marketplace but if anyone wants to PM me and take over this one NIB let me know.

#7764 7 years ago

oh I just looked at my email. I'm actually 297. I'm moving on up.

#7765 7 years ago

#300 got pushed up a bit so we can do the charity auction at our "home show". We only have 30ish games left on the run. Between the TPF & MGC shows we have been CRAZY busy the last 2 weeks. We did the same thing with #150 on AMH pushed it up a few months so we could auction it at Pinball Life open house. Sometimes you have to change your schedules so that things fit in with the rest of the worlds.

#7767 7 years ago

where did you get the LE translight?

#7768 7 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

where did you get the LE translight?

Email Kayte and tell her you want one.

#7769 7 years ago

I just listened to the last Spooky podcast. I enjoyed the interview with the animator, David Van Es. When I first saw the infamous "ball save" on RZ, I was SOLD. Never before has there been a pinball machine this edgy. Then, once you see the rest of the animations, you realize Spooky recruited "THE RIGHT TALENT". I don't expect all games to have the "content" like Rob Zombie, but I would not be surprised to continue to see some "edgy" content and not the same old boring content we have been seeing for the past couple of decades on other pins.
Now I am REALLY jazzed to see what they are cooking up with the Alice Cooper pin..

#7770 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

If #300 is done shouldn't the code be done? I thought Spooky said something about codes will be done when all machines are shipped?

Find the quote where spooky says this, and I'll stop working on the game and call it done

Please note the wink, as this was a joke response.

#7771 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Find the quote where spooky says this, and I'll stop working on the game and call it done
Please note the wink, as this was a joke response.

One of the reasons I just purchased RZ was the code commitment and responsiveness to ideas and criticism. Keep it up!

#7772 7 years ago

Hello, first time poster here.

My first brand new machine, #259, arrived Monday. Those of you still waiting shouldn't have much longer at all!

ZombiePin2 (resized).jpgZombiePin2 (resized).jpg

#7773 7 years ago

My best guess is they shipped almost 100 Zombies since Christmas. The run should be pretty much done in a month or so, I would think.

Pretty extraordinary considering a little more than a year ago we were looking at construction photos of the building they were built in. I love it when a plan comes together.

#7774 7 years ago

I finally hit the 3 way skill shot!!! I didn't realize it just gives you an extra ball. I assumed it just LIT the extra ball target. Nice surprise.

#7775 7 years ago

That number 300 machine looks badass. I hope you guys raise a pile of cash. Even just the speaker grills would be bad ass.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7776 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I finally hit the 3 way skill shot!!! I didn't realize it just gives you an extra ball. I assumed it just LIT the extra ball target. Nice surprise.

It took me over a month of owning and playing RZ to hit that, have only done it three times now all told. Recently replaced the black rubber with translucent using the sizes listed on Spooky's site and they're soooooo close but not tight enough to pull off the 3-way, even with the glass off. I'm going to try a size smaller next.

Quoted from ChrisS:

Even just the speaker grills would be bad ass.

I have every intention of hitting my local laser cutter up for a quote to reproduce those. They look sick.

#7777 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I don't remember it giving you an extra ball I thought it just lit it? Maybe you made the ultra rare 4 way skill shot collecting the extra ball as well.

#7778 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Quoted from bemmett:

I don't remember it giving you an extra ball I thought it just lit it? Maybe you made the ultra rare 4 way skill shot collecting the extra ball as well.

must be that lol

For getting the 3 way you get 1 million plus the extra ball lights up. At some point before draining you had to of collected it.

#7779 7 years ago

RZ plays so fast and furious it's hard for me sometimes to know what is going on or what I'm even doing. What a rush this game is. I love mine so much. All of team Spooky is awesome and amazingly helpful.

#7780 7 years ago

I actually hit the skill shot 2 times in one game the other day, to bad I only collected 1 of the extra balls.

Any hope for v20 this week?

#7781 7 years ago

#148 is home!

IMG_1661 (resized).JPGIMG_1661 (resized).JPG

IMG_1662 (resized).JPGIMG_1662 (resized).JPG

#7782 7 years ago

You mean 248?

If not where has that been hiding?

#7783 7 years ago

Hopefully I'll get a heads up that #279 is ready in a week or two!

#7784 7 years ago

This game is like no other for sure and will only get better.

One question for the future as been wondering about this for ages - has anyone replaced the fan with a quieter one and if so , was it difficult ?

Some people ( not pinball ) have replaced fan with a Vantec Stealth ( SF6025L ) and noise reduced by 75%.

#7785 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

You mean 248?
If not where has that been hiding?

Purchased through a Spooky distributor. Not sure of the back story, but the box had bloody handprints.

#7786 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Purchased through a Spooky distributor. Not sure of the back story, but the box had bloody handprints.

Spooky!

#7787 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

but the box had bloody handprints.

RZ is NO JOKE. I set mine up and the next day I could have sworn my house was compromised when I returned from work.
Wait till you try to finish all the modes.

This game is such a challenge ("Meet the Wizard" type of stuff).

Enjoy with a cold beer, brother.

Can't wait for more verbal abuse from a new code update... Keep up the good work Fawzma!

#7788 7 years ago

Been away from home all week. Looking forward to playing lots of RZ with some friends this weekend. Some have never played the game so I will have to crank up the volume a bit so they can hear all off the colorful metaphors.

#7789 7 years ago

All set up now. Having a blast so far!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7790 7 years ago

Just bought my spot for #294! I'm super pumped to get this thing! Played about a dozen games on location and was instantly hooked

#7791 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

All set up now. Having a blast so far!

Nice! Where'd you find that topper?

#7792 7 years ago

Topper is awesome!

It was in stock a few days ago but now says sold out? Worth a phone call maybe?

https://shop.laseriffic.com/collections/pinball-toppers?page=2

#7793 7 years ago

Finally got my own RZ

Some quick off the cuff comments as not played many games yet. It sure is immersive and already loving the callouts and can't wait for more! Love the way the ball moves around as it reminds me of those videos of the original zombies from beyond the grave.

Some people have in my opinion said Spooky games have a cheap feel about them.

Well, I have a TWD premium next to my RZ.

First off the powder coating is beautiful. Really adds a touch of class to the game. And a proper backglass! Already that is way better than my TWD with it's translite. Fantastic for putting proper backglasses in games.

I remember all the negativity regarding playfield art. Well, it just works perfect for this theme. Love it.

Lighting. Unlike my TWD the led's are for the most part just right - they don't blind you through the inserts. I have had to take out about 4 because they were blinding me. Completely removed green led on the robot - for me way better without.

Sound. Well, million times better than my Stern.

Dots/display. Not as good as what is out there as the resolution isn't as good. Good enough to have a blast playing though.

Biggest negative? The fan is horrible. Have ordered a Vantec Stealth to see if it reduces the noise - it should do.

Comparing TWD premium and RZ I think RZ looks much better, sounds much better etc. And the toys are pretty detailed and are easily as good as Stern toys - better in my opinion.

Where TWD shines of course is the code. And sure it is way better......as it stands.

But I have followed what Spooky and David have been saying and am confident that the code will get better and better as it develops and that one day this game will be in demand as there is no other game that plays as crazy as this

Well done Spooky.

#7794 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Nice! Where'd you find that topper?

[email protected]

He'll let you know when they're back in stock.

#7795 7 years ago

Plug, related.
Hey guys - I'm in discussion with Chuck to bring my game to SFGE (Atlanta convention June 9-11 2017). You can see/play my beautification take on the game and play a ton of solid Atl area games as well as whatever Marco brings. He has a strong presence. I'm sure he'll have aerosmith and possibly whatever Stern's spring title is. Come to the convention it's great and growing. I'm also bringing my silly TRONLE and TWDLE and setting them up for charity. Viva la pinball. Have a great weekend. Fawzma if you're reading this, quit! Go back to your thousands of lines of code

#7796 7 years ago

New code version 20. Greatly needed. What about the switch problem middle loop.
Ball sometimes hits it bounces back.
Needs an different style switch.

#7797 7 years ago

In case it was missed on my fb page, there will be an apron display mod coming.

IMG_1235 (resized).JPGIMG_1235 (resized).JPG

#7798 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In case it was missed on my fb page, there will be an apron display mod coming.

Cool. Does that do video or is it just a backlit card?

#7799 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cool. Does that do video or is it just a backlit card?

Does video, and will interact with the game.

#7800 7 years ago

Side note, I'll be donating the mod along with the #300 machine, will ship it out to the winner when it's ready.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/156?hl=spookykt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.