2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,139 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 223.
#7702 7 years ago

I decided to light up the FC&G sign. EL panels aren't "too bright" like LEDS so this isn't distracting in the upper play field. An easy mod to do because EL panels are easily cut. Fits directly to the back of the sign. I was even able to punch through the panel for the screw holes that hold the sign to the post. Plugged in the 12v inverter and we are all bright n' shiny.

friedchix (resized).jpgfriedchix (resized).jpg

#7703 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Has anybody ever had 2 balls get stuck in the VUK? Happened to me for the first time ever last night. Once the second ball goes into the VUK you pretty much have to take the glass off to unstick them as the VUK cannot send either ball to the upper PF when there are 2 and it just keeps trying over and over unsuccessfully. Probably just a fluke since this is the first time I've seen it.

Yes it happened to me a couple of weeks ago....it was during ho1k multiball and I didn't notice them gone until balls drained and game went into ball search...found two in the vuk. Wonder if ball search could amp up the power of the vuk solenoid to get them out.

#7704 7 years ago

Has anybody ever had 2 balls get stuck in the VUK? Happened to me for the first time ever last night. Once the second ball goes into the VUK you pretty much have to take the glass off to unstick them as the VUK cannot send either ball to the upper PF when there are 2 and it just keeps trying over and over unsuccessfully. Probably just a fluke since this is the first time I've seen it.

I have had this happen once, have had the machine for a couple months now.

#7705 7 years ago

This happened to me too.

#7706 7 years ago

if the balls are laying side by side the VUK post may not hit them, or if to many balls get in there it ends up being a jammed mess that no amount of ball search can clear.

#7707 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I'd beg you take a little time and think about points versus risk rewards. I really feel the modes need to get a big boost in points for completing. Maybe even big extra points for completing multiple modes. There has to be a reason point wise to play all of the modes (even if not completed) and not just shoot for Living dead girl, or the same mode over and over... I'm not good enough to complete a lot of modes in one game (3-4 a game when I try), but I can usually beat my scores for mode play by just doing the LDG and possibly getting the HOTC going.
I've also been thinking CHOP needs to be disabled during any multiballs. Only allow CHOP (and save the progress) when there is a single ball in play to save your life, but not to save balls during a multiball. Something to think about anyway. This would help limit the multiball time a little.
I'm still enjoying RZ, but really looking forward to a more polished version of code with scoring changes.

I remember Charlie saying there is a lot more to come with the code on this game. Going forward code becomes such a crucial factor on how a company is perceived. Unfinished code just stops people buying future titles. But, the game is already good and finishing the code, whatever the timeframe is so important for everyone.

Oh, the mod on the robot. The shining green light. Is there a way to disable it easily? Thinking ahead!

#7708 7 years ago

My VUK frequently doesn't successfully kick the ball out until the 4th or 5th attempt. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

#7709 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

if the balls are laying side by side the VUK post may not hit them, or if to many balls get in there it ends up being a jammed mess that no amount of ball search can clear.

In my case, there was one on top of the other. Probably related to the previous poster, as I too often have situations where it takes 4 or 5 attempts for the VUK to send a single ball successfully up to the upper PF.

#7710 7 years ago

I'm testing a higher vuk power in ball search only to see if I can clear out a stack in VUK.

#7711 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I remember Charlie saying there is a lot more to come with the code on this game. Going forward code becomes such a crucial factor on how a company is perceived. Unfinished code just stops people buying future titles. But, the game is already good and finishing the code, whatever the timeframe is so important for everyone.
Oh, the mod on the robot. The shining green light. Is there a way to disable it easily? Thinking ahead!

I think Charlie mentioned only a small amout of callouts they have available are in the game at this point.
Hopefully we'll see more of this soon.

#7712 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'm testing a higher vuk power in ball search only to see if I can clear out a stack in VUK.

WOZ will fire the crystal ball VUK softly but rapidly in succession if it can't clear a jam.. something like this may help RZ, if firing rapidly could cause one of the balls to bounce back over the little ramp and into the main playfield area again.

For those having trouble with the VUK clearing just one ball, make sure the plastic ring the ball sits in is not cracked or warped. Buddy here had an LE with a cracked collar, and the ball sat a lil off center and failed the kick 4/5 times. Might be worth replacing the collar with a metal one if the plastic wants to crack.

#7713 7 years ago

On my robot I took him off, took off the pop bumper top and moved that LED to the backside. SO much better now. he has a little glow under him, and there isn't anything shining in my face.

#7714 7 years ago

On my robot I took him off, took off the pop bumper top and moved that LED to the backside. SO much better now. he has a little glow under him, and there isn't anything shining in my face.

Could you show pics when you get time? Thanks. Totally thinking of doing this.

#7715 7 years ago

So last night I fixed up my switches (one under the upper playfield got bent) and made an adjustment to the VUK switch. I was getting balls landing in the VUK and just not kicking out. I bent up the last 1" of the long switch lead about 15 degrees so the ball will engage it better.

After tweaking those I played the snot out of the game for a couple hours. I concentrated on getting 4x before ever starting a mode and if I didn't complete it I concentrated on getting 4x again before finishing the mode. This helps with the scoring, but I still found my biggest scores came from concentrating on LDG and 1000 corpses. There are just a lot of points there especially if you can complete a couple other modes with them, but you definitely can't ignore them.

I was able to get 36 million points which was a new high for me. I believe there were 5 modes completed, but I got excited and didn't pay enough attention at the end. Which got me thinking it'd be nice at the end of the game if when showing the score it would also scroll what percent of which modes were completed. That'd be a nice feature that I think would be a little unique.

Still a blast of a game to play. This weekend I'll be adding my topper, ordering an EL panel for the sign , and adding mirror blades and my shaker.

#7716 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Could you show pics when you get time? Thanks. Totally thinking of doing this.

Sure thing, I'll take some after I get my blades and stuff on this weekend. Not sure I'll be home much tonight or tomorrow night.

#7717 7 years ago

So last night I fixed up my switches (one under the upper playfield got bent) and made an adjustment to the VUK switch. I was getting balls landing in the VUK and just not kicking out. I bent up the last 1" of the long switch lead about 15 degrees so the ball will engage it better.
After tweaking those I played the snot out of the game for a couple hours. I concentrated on getting 4x before ever starting a mode and if I didn't complete it I concentrated on getting 4x again before finishing the mode. This helps with the scoring, but I still found my biggest scores came from concentrating on LDG and 1000 corpses. There are just a lot of points there especially if you can complete a couple other modes with them, but you definitely can't ignore them.
I was able to get 36 million points which was a new high for me. I believe there were 5 modes completed, but I got excited and didn't pay enough attention at the end. Which got me thinking it'd be nice at the end of the game if when showing the score it would also scroll what percent of which modes were completed. That'd be a nice feature that I think would be a little unique.
Still a blast of a game to play. This weekend I'll be adding my topper, ordering an EL panel for the sign , and adding mirror blades and my shaker.

I suggested ages ago that it would be awesome in a future update if modes have their own high score tables at the end - like songs in AC/DC etc. Fingers crossed a lot

#7718 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My VUK frequently doesn't successfully kick the ball out until the 4th or 5th attempt. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Turn up the vuk coil power?

#7719 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

what version are you running? because there should be half steps in the coil setting to help get t just right.

#7720 7 years ago

I'm on 19. Just making sure it's most likely a coil power adjustment, rather than something trickier.

#7721 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'm on 19. Just making sure it's most likely a coil power adjustment, rather than something trickier.

Give the coil setting a try

#7723 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I think Charlie mentioned only a small amout of callouts they have available are in the game at this point.

I'm curious why they couldn't all be put in right away? Why the slow rollout?

#7724 7 years ago

Good effort completing 5 modes, but you should be getting way higher scores after all that work.

(Were the modes complete? Could you choose them again when the mode menu came up?)

Check out this post and see how I worked out some point scoring.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/146#post-3585808

Going on that, and chucking in some LDG multiballs, you should be around 60-80m I reckon.

rd

#7725 7 years ago

I put up this score tonight . Ball 1 and 2 were great , 5 modes completed. Picked up the extra ball for modes completed on ball 2 , I was really thinking I was making a run for hellbound . And then the extra ball and ball 3 were awefull . This is why I love this game , It always keeps me wanting more . A nice score but a repeat of ball 1 and 2 and it would have probably been double that .

20170330_234207 (resized).jpg20170330_234207 (resized).jpg

#7726 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'm curious why they couldn't all be put in right away? Why the slow rollout?

Not sure.
But anyone know what the sound is when the ball hits to the right of the living dead girl targets? It sounds like a demon or zombie chomping and there is a corresponding animation. And it seems to get triggered non stop. Does it have any value towards game play?

#7727 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Not sure.
But anyone know what the sound is when the ball hits to the right of the living dead girl targets? It sounds like a demon or zombie chomping and there is a corresponding animation. And it seems to get triggered non stop. Does it have any value towards game play?

LDG targets are switches 29 and 30. They will play a thumping sound like a nail being hammered into a coffin.

To the right of them is a switch for the rattle area. That is the sound of Spaulding doing his yah,yah,yah sound like from the 1000 corpse movie. Those ring up a bone rattle score and gets multiplied by the add bonus switch at the end of the ball.

#7728 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

If I remember hearing Charlie correctly when I went to pick up my machine a few weeks ago, he shared with me there is a ton of recorded call outs they still plan to use and much more they want to do with the code to make it one of the best playing pins ever. He also mentioned a heavy focus on Dominos and The Jetsons prior to TX, then David would be able to shift more of a focus back to working on RZ. But David and Charlie could speak to it better then my recollection from a few weeks ago and my excitement to get my machine back to play.

#7729 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

LDG targets are switches 29 and 30. They will play a thumping sound like a nail being hammered into a coffin.
To the right of them is a switch for the rattle area. That is the sound of Spaulding doing his yah,yah,yah sound like from the 1000 corpse movie. Those ring up a bone rattle score and gets multiplied by the add bonus switch at the end of the ball.

thanks! you are on top of things.
Everything has a purpose and so many rules!

#7730 7 years ago

pretty much this ^^

I was able to work on RZ since I didn't have a Jetsons to work on, and I kept on it this week since I didn't want to give up the momentum. I'm working on a new tool to help choreograph music/sounds with the playfield.

Next week, I need to fix a bug in Jetsons found during TPF, then going back to RZ. I want to make enough changes to RZ that will make everyone want to upgrade. Then, I'll port everything done in RZ over to JET and DOM that isn't game specific.

#7731 7 years ago

So, no new v20 code to play with this weekend?

#7732 7 years ago

I know there is LCD OCD for RZ (which I'm about to order), but is there a GI OCD? Is it needed?

If not, does the game dim the backbox lights during play on its own? That's one of the features I'm most interested in with GI OCD to reduce the playfield glass glare.

#7733 7 years ago

Nope, there isn't a GI OCD for it. The GI hasn't bothered me in the slightest other than being dimmer than I would like. I haven't noticed any glare from the backbox lighting (I have standard glass), and glare from the backbox on other games is something that really does bother me. My AFM was terrible before I used GI OCD to dim it, and I have Arcade Upkeep backbox kits in my Stern games.

I personally don't think a GI OCD is needed for RZ, but it would be cool to have the option for dimming built into the game.

#7734 7 years ago

I do not see much glare on my playfield glass. Ohh wait I have invisaglass on mine.

I also have the LCD OCD, it's awesome. I filled the game with warm quads from pinball life. Everything except the red arrows. It looks awesome. The warm whites keep the color artwork looking good on the playfield.

#7735 7 years ago

Still running v15 but question about the use of flashers, as each appears to be tied to an individual gi. The flashers are going off a lot during game play and this should be toned down to either signal when something should be attempted or as a celebratory occasion. Bottom line having them flash for no apparent reason is confusing and not helpful. Am I missing something?

#7736 7 years ago

The red one in the left orbit strobes when you need to shoot the left orbit to start a mode. They both flash during a multiball. MB ends = flashers go off.

#7737 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I do not see much glare on my playfield glass. Ohh wait I have invisaglass on mine.
I also have the LCD OCD, it's awesome. I filled the game with warm quads from pinball life. Everything except the red arrows. It looks awesome. The warm whites keep the color artwork looking good on the playfield.

Upload a picture if you get a chance. I'd like to see warm whites with the game.

#7738 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Upload a picture if you get a chance. I'd like to see warm whites with the game.

Many of them were warm white in my game when you played it. There is video on my page and earlier in this thread.

If I remember correctly, I have warm white under Demonoid, Superbeast, Dead City, H1KC, Red Hot, CHOP, 123 skill shot, and 123 targets. Cool white under What, American Witch, Dragula, LDG, and Murder Ride. Ice Blue under 123 Locks, and other colors here and there that I can't remember for sure.

#7739 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

A couple pages back I posted quite a few photos of my machine.

#7740 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good effort completing 5 modes, but you should be getting way higher scores after all that work.
(Were the modes complete? Could you choose them again when the mode menu came up?)
Check out this post and see how I worked out some point scoring.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/146#post-3585808
Going on that, and chucking in some LDG multiballs, you should be around 60-80m I reckon.
rd

I don't think I completed 1000 corpses so probably only completed 3 + LDG (completed) now that I think about it. Also my multiball after dragula was a complete failure... Now that TPF is over, I can spend more time playing instead of prepping I'll take some time to go read the rules and figure out where the jackpots are for the modes. I'm sure I left a lot of points on the table for that.

I've never gotten anywhere near 60-80m...

#7741 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

there is a ton of recorded call outs they still plan to use and much more they want to do with the code to make it one of the best playing pins ever.

If that's the case thats awesome and Im definitely looking forward to hearing more call outs.
Fawzma and Spooky you guys rock!

#7742 7 years ago
Quoted from boost:

248 was delivered to Texas Pinball festival. I hugged, unboxed, and put on the floor for others to enjoy for 3 days.

Sweet. 298 is getting closer.

#7743 7 years ago

I don't own a RZ (wish I did), but I'm picking up a translite that I'm going to display in my horror-themed game room. Does anyone know the dimensions offhand?

#7744 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

I don't own a RZ (wish I did), but I'm picking up a translite that I'm going to display in my horror-themed game room. Does anyone know the dimensions offhand?

Mine is exactly 27 x 20, as is the backglass in my game, but Blimpey says the first one he built a Swapbox for was 27-1/8 x 20-1/8. I'd recommend waiting until the translite is in hand before building any frames or anything like that.

#7745 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mine is exactly 27 x 20, as is the backglass in my game, but Blimpey says the first one he built a Swapbox for was 27-1/8 x 20-1/8. I'd recommend waiting until the translite is in hand before building any frames or anything like that.

Right on, man. Thanks!

#7746 7 years ago

IMG_2264[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2264[1] (resized).JPG

#7747 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Funny you ask, because I noticed the other day that the Pinball Zombies translite is smaller than the one on my RZ but the LE translite I have is actually larger. Made me curious if the guys with LE machines have a cut down version of the art or if it was reduced in size a little bit or...?

#7748 7 years ago

I would imagine the art was created and the translites were printed with a bit of bleed around the edges (which is normal). Then the backglasses were printed with the same art to make sure it bled over the edges. Now the translites could have been cut to the background size (removing the bleed) or cut to the artwork edge. Often if you don't specify they will cut to artwork edge which is on the outside of the bleed area.

#7749 7 years ago

There are real backglasses on the game so translites were also made?

#7750 7 years ago

There are real backglasses on the game so translites were also made?

Yeah you could purchase a translite. I have a non LE RZ, so I bought an LE translite just to use like a poster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 11,139 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.