Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 211.
#7651 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've mapped all the wav files on the game and location. Also, I've made a bunch of potential replacement wavs from ripped DVD's. There were a few call outs that would be awesome to have with Otis, Grandpa, Doctor Satan, etc to add even more variety. Direct replacement doesn't seem to work even using the same wav sample/format properties. I'm sure smarter people can figure it out.
Mike

What did you try? Updating the software in the game after replacing a wav file on the SD?

#7652 2 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

After clearing a stuck ball, I ended up with one on the ejector coil, so the game wouldn't start due to 'missing ball.' I figured I could just go into coil test to shoot it out without pulling the glass. I couldn't get any of the coils to work in test mode however. In the coil test menu, you select a coil with the flippers and it says something like press 'enter' to test. I tried the start button and green service button, but I couldn't get any coils to fire on test. I tried the servos in the servo test menu and Spaulding worked fine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? ( I did clear the ball by manually pushing the coil through the coin door.) Thanks!

To the left of the coin door with the door open is the interlock switch that kills power to the coils. Pull it out then you should be good.

#7653 2 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

After clearing a stuck ball, I ended up with one on the ejector coil, so the game wouldn't start due to 'missing ball.' I figured I could just go into coil test to shoot it out without pulling the glass. I couldn't get any of the coils to work in test mode however. In the coil test menu, you select a coil with the flippers and it says something like press 'enter' to test. I tried the start button and green service button, but I couldn't get any coils to fire on test. I tried the servos in the servo test menu and Spaulding worked fine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? ( I did clear the ball by manually pushing the coil through the coin door.) Thanks!

If it's like other machines you need to press (or yank out) an interlock button by the coin door.This activates the high current for the coils, etc. You could also close the coin door (if indeed it was open when you were trying to test it).

#7654 2 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Did you pull the door switch?

#7655 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Nope. Will do. Thanks for the responses everybody.

#7656 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Quoted from sulakd:

Nope. Will do. Thanks for the responses everybody.

Think of that door switch as ... a cosmic finger.

IMG_0032 (resized).JPG

#7657 2 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

What did you try? Updating the software in the game after replacing a wav file on the SD?

I straight replaced the wavs on the SD. I thought it would be as simple as that but...

#7658 2 years ago

It depends on how they are accessed. If it copes then to a chip as part of the update or if it reads them on the SD. After you replaced a wav. Did it play the old sound or nothing?
I just bought my game off a friend so... I will be going through the code update procedure soon and get some first hand knowledge.
FortyTwo

#7659 2 years ago

If you replace wav files directly on the card sounds and graphics won't work the way you think it will due to fragmentation

#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

If you replace wav files directly on the card sounds and graphics won't work the way you think it will due to fragmentation

Can you be more specific? Changing songs is an important factor whe I buy a game. I love RZ and would just like to cycle some new tunes to keep the game fresh.

#7661 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can you be more specific? Changing songs is an important factor whe I buy a game. I love RZ and would just like to cycle some new tunes to keep the game fresh.

This is back to the issue where people were bricking their boards because they didn't follow the flash instructions to the letter. I think what David is saying is that you'd need to be very deliberate in the order of your steps when trying such an operation. What I take from that is that you'd want to extract the files destined for the SD card into a folder on your computer, make the WAV file changes as desired and then copy the whole mess onto a freshly formatted SD card so that the files would be contiguously written. Can't just replace the files on the card itself or they get fragmented and then the flash process fails.

#7662 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

This is back to the issue where people were bricking their boards because they didn't follow the flash instructions to the letter. I think what David is saying is that you'd need to be very deliberate in the order of your steps when trying such an operation. What I take from that is that you'd want to extract the files destined for the SD card into a folder on your computer, make the WAV file changes as desired and then copy the whole mess onto a freshly formatted SD card so that the files would be contiguously written. Can't just replace the files on the card itself or they get fragmented and then the flash process fails.

Perfect, thanks

#7664 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some amazing lighting on this RZ!!
» YouTube video

What is that, the Pinball Refinery kit?

Any chance there will be a RZ with the Refinery kit at MGC?

#7665 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is that, the Pinball Refinery kit?

Nope! A buddy of mine made them.

#7666 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Some amazing lighting on this RZ!!
» YouTube video

That's pretty cool. What are they tied to?

#7667 2 years ago

It's powered by the aux plug and tied to one of the flashers.

#7668 2 years ago

248 was delivered to Texas Pinball festival. I hugged, unboxed, and put on the floor for others to enjoy for 3 days.

20170324_170118 (resized).jpg

#7669 2 years ago
Quoted from boost:

248 was delivered to Texas Pinball festival. I hugged, unboxed, and put on the floor for others to enjoy for 3 days.

Awesome! How many plays did it get for the 3 days at TPF ?

#7670 2 years ago

RZ updates so far for V20

Fixed - Start to hold feature (when disabled) would end a game as soon as it was started
Fixed - Added more checks to resave settings when loaded settings are outside the normal value
Fixed - Ball save video plays when save activates on outside lanes
Fixed - Mode select flipper handling improvements. Much easier to use both flippers to select a mode
Fixed - Drop target will reset to correct position at the end of modes
Added - When game ends, the screen is dumped to last scores
Added - Menu setting to turn off/on the free play text - Main Menu
Added - Ballsearch time adjustable between 8 and 20 seconds. - Main Menu
Added - Last game score(s) now are part of the score tables as you hit the right flipper in attract mode
Added - PF RGB flashes when ball save is activated
Added - Game can be played with missing balls. Machine has to have at least 2 balls in the trough
Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered
Updated - Inner right obit switch added to what mode complete check
Updated - Dragula pf lights updated to only show what shots are required for mode.
Updated - Dragula ramp light blinks when one ramp is left to hit.
Updated - Dragula, 3,2,1 more to go callouts added.
Updated - What! saves progress

#7671 2 years ago

Nice! Lots of great fixes there

#7672 2 years ago

When can we expect V20?

#7673 2 years ago

Thanks for looking into the SuperPop animation Dave.

#7674 2 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

When can we expect V20?

49 minutes before you asked for it.

#7675 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

49 minutes before you asked for it.

Unless I misunderstood, that was just a list of things that will be in it. It has not been released yet.

#7676 2 years ago

Awesome! The ballsearch time adjustment will be much welcome.

Any chance at adding difficulty progression to LDG, make it require more shots to start it a 2nd/3rd/etc time? Or is this release just bugfix?

There's a bug with CHOP lane change on left side, might have been related to (and fixed with) the mode-select bug?

Also bug when entering space as last initial (Pat's "AX_" sets this off)

I am willing (and jonesing) to test this release for you if you want, LMK

#7677 2 years ago

I'd beg you take a little time and think about points versus risk rewards. I really feel the modes need to get a big boost in points for completing. Maybe even big extra points for completing multiple modes. There has to be a reason point wise to play all of the modes (even if not completed) and not just shoot for Living dead girl, or the same mode over and over... I'm not good enough to complete a lot of modes in one game (3-4 a game when I try), but I can usually beat my scores for mode play by just doing the LDG and possibly getting the HOTC going.

I've also been thinking CHOP needs to be disabled during any multiballs. Only allow CHOP (and save the progress) when there is a single ball in play to save your life, but not to save balls during a multiball. Something to think about anyway. This would help limit the multiball time a little.

I'm still enjoying RZ, but really looking forward to a more polished version of code with scoring changes.

#7678 2 years ago

I cut the ballsave time from 15 to 6 on my game; that reduces the excessive multiballs. It also seems that chop self-disables at some point during Ho1K corpses.

The multiballs following modes can be lucrative - Demonoid and Dragula - can exploit the ramp after trapping up on right. You have to make sure to collect 4x jackpot from Spaulding to make it worthwhile.. if you blow out the UPF, shoot left orbit to try again before finishing the mode - not worth finishing these at 1x jackpot unless you're Hellbound. Mind the timer though! Also most post-mode multiballs have other shots that are worth big points.. Demonoid - relight all the lamps again... What! - shoot the pussy liquor shot for ? millions (ramp resets timer), also the hurryup on left. Radio - keep collecting 1-2-3 for characters and points... Dragula has the car parts if you skip video mode for the multiball instead, these go into bonus so play Dragula early.

Biggest reason for crap mode scores: not getting 4X from Spaulding, not hitting LDG to boost JP during ensuing multiball, not focusing on mode-specific shots during multiball. The rules are pretty complex - check Fawzma's blog for mode details.

#7679 2 years ago

I keep adjusting the VUK switch lever but it's still only about 98%. I'm trying to decide how much bending to do due to the tight space for movement versus just gluing a rubber pad or something to the end of the lever so the ball pushes it down further. Anyone else?

#7680 2 years ago

Awesome to hear about code development, just got mine and updated code to 19. I agree super pops is annoyingly always on, glad to hear it's fixed.

#7681 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Unless I misunderstood, that was just a list of things that will be in it. It has not been released yet.

That makes the timing much less funny.

#7682 2 years ago

Thanks Fawzma, Thanks Spooky. All fixes asked for by the community and delivered.

#7683 2 years ago

Does it make sense to not be able to select a mode again once it's completed?

#7684 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Updated - SuperPop animation priority lowered

This makes me happy.

#7685 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Working on some things at Spooky. Including a list of notes for Rob Zombie code!
Hope David and I can have a code/rules jam session later this spring. "Choose how you wanna die!"

Are these notes going to be included in the v20 update or will this be a future update?
Also, anyone else notice a long delay when you're getting an extra ball to come out? Has that been brought up?

#7686 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Awesome! How many plays did it get for the 3 days at TPF ?

379 plays
Was down a couple times, nothing major and was back on and playing after I was notified. Once with a broken flipper return spring and a few ball sticks.

#7687 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Awesome! The ballsearch time adjustment will be much welcome.
Any chance at adding difficulty progression to LDG, make it require more shots to start it a 2nd/3rd/etc time? Or is this release just bugfix?
There's a bug with CHOP lane change on left side, might have been related to (and fixed with) the mode-select bug?
I am willing (and jonesing) to test this release for you if you want, LMK

LDG for the first round takes two hits each of the targets to add a ball.. once you beat the mode (5 rounds) the next time you start it takes 3 hits of the targets.. so on and so forth. I did add a switch delay so that if the ball hits in the center it won't trigger both switches at the same time.. so now you are forced to shoot up there 4 times at a minimum.

CHOP lanes I'm looking at. And I have a note on the initials thing as well.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

anyone else notice a long delay when you're getting an extra ball to come out?

When you drain on an extra ball, an animation comes up saying to shoot again.. 3 or so later and the ball comes out.. is this what you are referring to? If so I can fire it out sooner.

#7688 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Are these notes going to be included in the v20 update or will this be a future update?

Yes, I include a whatsnew file with each update. V20 won't be till end of this week and the earliest.

#7689 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Does it make sense to not be able to select a mode again once it's completed?

In a normal game sure, but this isn't normal

There is a mode I removed for the time being called Infected. If you beat a mode, then replay it, but fail to beat it again; you go into an infected state.

#7690 2 years ago

I like the concept of infected. Basically your cocky and fail you pay for it. But can avoid it by playing other modes.

#7691 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

In a normal game sure, but this isn't normal
There is a mode I removed for the time being called Infected. If you beat a mode, then replay it, but fail to beat it again; you go into an infected state.

Cool idea!

#7692 2 years ago

The video I posted earlier with the added light show to RZ was a product my friend just launched called Pinstadium. See link below. If you have any questions I'll do my best to help. I've asked him a ton already. Haha.

http://pinstadium.com

#7693 2 years ago

Oooh I'm excited for infected

#7694 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Oooh I'm excited for infected

Maybe you should get that looked at?

#7695 2 years ago

I appreciate all the tweaks, but the two biggest fixes I'm looking forward to are infected mode and the buggy Hellbound. Granted, Hellbound is probably low on the list because it's rarely seen, but the one time I got there, it was disappointing.

#7696 2 years ago

Has anybody ever had 2 balls get stuck in the VUK? Happened to me for the first time ever last night. Once the second ball goes into the VUK you pretty much have to take the glass off to unstick them as the VUK cannot send either ball to the upper PF when there are 2 and it just keeps trying over and over unsuccessfully. Probably just a fluke since this is the first time I've seen it.

#7697 2 years ago

Looks like a solid update. Three main fixes that caused me to sell the game.

1. Super pops animation. I would jokingly call the game "Rob Zombie's Superpops International" to my wife.
2. Drop target resets to previous position after modes.
3. Adjustable ball search time.

Nice work on the update.

#7698 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

CHOP lanes I'm looking at. And I have a note on the initials thing as well.

This is now fixed in v20

#7699 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This is also fixed now.

#7700 2 years ago

fawzmagames is amazing, that is all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside