2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 223.
#7601 7 years ago

Code Request:

Let's say you drop the drop target and then start Living Dead Girl before you locked the ball. Now you play living dead girl. When it finishes, the game resets the drop target. It would be nice if it would leave it down, if it was already down before starting LDG. I understand why it's probably coded to kick back up. If it was already up before you started LDG and then it got knocked down during LDG, it would make sense to put the drop target back up. But if you already dropped it, it would be nice for it to stay down after LDG.

#7602 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You probably have a shorted upper right PF switch. The front contact can get hit by the ball and bend towards the adjacent center leg and cause the weird trough issues you're seeing. Make sure all of the contacts on the upper right PF switch are not touching and you should be good again.

I'm having the trough, issue....would this also lead to the left outlane not registering as shown in the matrix? I'm thinking (hoping) this is what mine has too.

#7603 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I'm having the trough, issue....would this also lead to the left outlane not registering as shown in the matrix? I'm thinking (hoping) this is what mine has too.

Sounds like it

#7604 7 years ago

Switch matrix points that way. I did email Charlie as well, know he's busy with the Texas show coming. No rush either way as I know it has to be a small issue, just a system I am not familiar with so want to be on the right path. Will check this week and update. Have to add: I've had this wrapped in my garage since Nov, but opening it was like nothing I've seen before. Love this game after 3 plays! Great job by Spooky!

#7605 7 years ago

#239! Seamless delivery and setup. Can't wait for the kids to go to sleep so I can fire it up in all it's glory.

IMG_6998 (resized).JPGIMG_6998 (resized).JPG

#7606 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I've had this wrapped in my garage since Nov,

You have a lot of self restraint.

rd

#7607 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

#239! Seamless delivery and setup. Can't wait for the kids to go to sleep so I can fire it up in all it's glory.

You're going to love it'. An absolute arse kicker.. but in a good way.

#7608 7 years ago

I'll be getting a RZ soon, has anyone put in illuminated flipper buttons?

#7609 7 years ago

Yes

IMG_8328 (resized).JPGIMG_8328 (resized).JPG

IMG_8329 (resized).JPGIMG_8329 (resized).JPG

#7610 7 years ago

Its slowly creeping my way. 298. Can't wait. Keep updating with your machine numbers so we can continue to see the progress.

chris

#7611 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Its slowly creeping my way. 298. Can't wait. Keep updating with your machine numbers so we can continue to see the progress.
chris

Chris's arcade collection continues to grow in awesomeness!

rd

#7612 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

I'll be getting a RZ soon, has anyone put in illuminated flipper buttons?

Yup. White. Uniform standard on all pins in my collection. RZ is no exception.

#7613 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Yup. White. Uniform standard on all pins in my collection. RZ is no exception.

Your OCD sounds like mine.

#7614 7 years ago

Yep, tagged the gas pump switch, in 3 games. Charlie says new record! Fixed that and a couple over sensitive sling switches and RZ is solid. Very different game and fast!

#7615 7 years ago

Red speaker grills and chrome trim. I like it. A very cheap mod.

20170318_153245 (resized).jpg20170318_153245 (resized).jpg

20170318_153143 (resized).jpg20170318_153143 (resized).jpg

#7616 7 years ago

I like your idea of colorizing speaker grills, but red doesn't fit so well. Tried any others? Wondering if mirror effect might look better. But I don't know how to achieve colored mirroring that would look so good. Kudos on your mod though, it is better than original.

#7617 7 years ago

Here is a modified version of Spooky's instruction cards. This version makes the text on the left card white and is much easier to read in my opinion.

how do i get these to print the correct size?
Thanks.

#7618 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

how do i get these to print the correct size?
Thanks.

They are the correct size, make sure you aren't scaling at all.

#7619 7 years ago

Just announced that at the MGC this year, we'll have a familiar face helping to sell the final Rob Zombie pinball machine, the same way that he did for America's Most Haunted! I'm excited to see just what the game looks like (three weeks until I get mine!)

svenwlogo(1) (resized).jpgsvenwlogo(1) (resized).jpg

#7620 7 years ago

They are the correct size, make sure you aren't scaling at all.

What page are the white background instructions posted on?
I can't read the red ones!

#7621 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

What page are the white background instructions posted on?
I can't read the red ones!

With 153 pages things can be hard to find. I'm interested in these also. Since some printers scale things posting dimensions will assist in printing them correctly.
My only concern is the relevance. How much has the rules changed or will change. After some major code updates does spooky release new card images for printing?

#7622 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

With 153 pages things can be hard to find. I'm interested in these also. Since some printers scale things posting dimensions will assist in printing them correctly.
My only concern is the relevance. How much has the rules changed or will change. After some major code updates does spooky release new card images for printing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international?tq=Cards&tu#post-3441723

I did a keyword search for cards.

#7623 7 years ago

Thanks Chuck!

#7624 7 years ago

For those following along #254 is in the house and working great.

#7625 7 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

For those following along #254 is in the house and working great.

That is great to hear, keep on rocking with Rob! It is time for some Dragula!

Brad

5910.gif5910.gif

#7626 7 years ago

Still hoping for a fix for the switch problem.
The one that goes to the loop ramp. Ball hits it and bounces back out.
Yes I bent it like in earlier post it helped a little.
Needs a more permanent fix.

#7627 7 years ago

Another RZ headed for NZ!!

Thanks to whoever cancelled.

You missed out ... and kiwis won.

\m/

rd

#7628 7 years ago

Some may not like it, but I think the Scared Stiff boney flippers look pretty good.

IMG_3007 (resized).JPGIMG_3007 (resized).JPG

IMG_3008 (resized).JPGIMG_3008 (resized).JPG

#7629 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Another RZ headed for NZ!!
Thanks to whoever cancelled.
You missed out ... and kiwis won.
\m/
rd

Most of this is very true... I feel sorry for people that don't get a chance to own this machine and miss out.
After the first night I brought this machine into my appt. things have gone strange/spooky.

1. The next day, after I came home from a long day at work my television was on by itself with Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta playing. I have never watched this show in my life and somehow my TV set was on and this was playing when I opened my door (The pinball machine was in the same room). No one had entered my place since I secured it before work and I sensed no compromised breach in the residence. F..n crazy

2. When my girl came by later that night she demanded that I put the machine on adult mode. F..n crazy

3. On the 2nd day the owners of the building just happened to be doing an appraisal/inspection and would not set foot in my place even after I invited them in. They gave me a measuring tape and asked me a few questions and did not want to step foot into the appt. F..n crazy

#7630 7 years ago

Is anyone printing up instruction cards? I don't have a color printer or a laminator, and don't feel like doing an arts and crafts project.

#7631 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Is anyone printing up instruction cards? I don't have a color printer or a laminator, and don't feel like doing an arts and crafts project.

I just took the files to a kinkos or office store and had them print and laminate them. Easy and cheap.

#7632 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Most of this is very true... I feel sorry for people that don't get a chance to own this machine and miss out.
After the first night I brought this machine into my appt. things have gone strange/spooky.
1. The next day, after I came home from a long day at work my television was on by itself with Love and Hip Hop: Atlanta playing. I have never watched this show in my life and somehow my TV set was on and this was playing when I opened my door (The pinball machine was in the same room). No one had entered my place since I secured it before work and I sensed no compromised breach in the residence. F..n crazy
2. When my girl came by later that night she demanded that I put the machine on adult mode. F..n crazy
3. On the 2nd day the owners of the building just happened to be doing an appraisal/inspection and would not set foot in my place even after I invited them in. They gave me a measuring tape and asked me a few questions and did not want to step foot into the appt. F..n crazy

Beware the power of the Superbeast ....

rd

#7633 7 years ago

I had another weird issue crop up on my route game today. I went in to fix the trough ball switch 1, as the microswitch had completely failed. Went ahead and replaced it and went into the switch test, everything is working perfectly, including the new switch. No switches stuck on, every switch reading fine. I go ahead and play a game, and get What! started and complete it and start the multiball. The whole time I am wondering, where is my second ball that dropped from the upper playfield? Then I started to smell it. That dreaded smell of a burnt coil. Turned the game off and lifted the playfield to find that the coil that controls the inner orbit up post was completely melted. Apparently it had locked on during that game until it fried itself.

I went into the switch edge test to see if something was stuck on, but nothing was. So, I went ahead and disconnected the coil so people can still play it tonight. It is possible that I just had a bad coil that needed replaced, but before I put a new one in, I thought I would post here to see what people thought. Any ideas what might have caused this? I only have 1 replacement 27-1200 coil, so if I install the new one and it does it again, ill have to wait a week while new ones get shipped to me, so I want to make sure I have done everything I can on my side before I put the new one in.

IMG_0738 (resized).jpgIMG_0738 (resized).jpg

#7634 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

I had another weird issue crop up on my route game today. I went in to fix the trough ball switch 1, as the microswitch had completely failed. Went ahead and replaced it and went into the switch test, everything is working perfectly, including the new switch. No switches stuck on, every switch reading fine. I go ahead and play a game, and get What! started and complete it and start the multiball. The whole time I am wondering, where is my second ball that dropped from the upper playfield? Then I started to smell it. That dreaded smell of a burnt coil. Turned the game off and lifted the playfield to find that the coil that controls the inner orbit up post was completely melted. Apparently it had locked on during that game until it fried itself.
I went into the switch edge test to see if something was stuck on, but nothing was. So, I went ahead and disconnected the coil so people can still play it tonight. It is possible that I just had a bad coil that needed replaced, but before I put a new one in, I thought I would post here to see what people thought. Any ideas what might have caused this? I only have 1 replacement 27-1200 coil, so if I install the new one and it does it again, ill have to wait a week while new ones get shipped to me, so I want to make sure I have done everything I can on my side before I put the new one in.

In case anyone is curious, the issue is now fixed. I had to put a new coil in and new IRL540 mosfet in the driver board. Not sure if it was a bad coil that took out the mosfet or if it was a bad mosfet that took out the coil. Either way, it's all fixed and playing great again!

#7635 7 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

In case anyone is curious, the issue is now fixed. I had to put a new coil in and new IRL540 mosfet in the driver board. Not sure if it was a bad coil that took out the mosfet or if it was a bad mosfet that took out the coil. Either way, it's all fixed and playing great again!

What version are you running?

#7636 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What version are you running?

Version 19. Charlie assured me that it wasn't a code issue as he said you have placed safeguards around the code to ensure something like this doesn't happen. I am chalking it up to that .1% failure rate of electrical components.

#7637 7 years ago

Quick question- does this games fan run all the time? Mine seems to

#7638 7 years ago
Quoted from Skaternater:

Mine does too.

#7639 7 years ago

Dumb question alert: can you change the songs? If so, what's the degree of difficulty vs using pinball browser?

#7640 7 years ago
Quoted from Skaternater:

Yes, the power supply fan is always on.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dumb question alert: can you change the songs? If so, what's the degree of difficulty vs using pinball browser?

Pinball Browser does not support Pinheck. The songs are just .wav files, you could try swapping them on the SD card.

Speaking of songs on the SD card, there is a TON of stuff not yet used in the game. Go to the SFX folder then FZ and listen to ZZ1.wav

#7641 7 years ago

Pinball Browser does not support Pinheck. The songs are just .wav files, you could try swapping them on the SD card.

Yeah, I know PB doesn't support Spooky, but I'm glad the songs are just wav files. I was jamming to White Zombie today and imagining those tunes on RZ.

#7642 7 years ago

Speaking of songs on the SD card, there is a TON of stuff not yet used in the game. Go to the SFX folder then FZ and listen to ZZ1.wav

I should be a monster and change all the songs to Powerman 5000 when I get mine

#7643 7 years ago

Two wishes since I got this machine.
1. Wish I had another one.
2. Wish I could clone myself and play it simultaneously.
Such a player's game with reward to calculated shots. IMG_0846 (resized).JPGIMG_0846 (resized).JPG

#7644 7 years ago

ZZ1 is one of the spooky minute songs.. you have to be playing the game at midnight (machine time) to ever see it

#7645 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

ZZ1 is one of the spooky minute songs.. you have to be playing the game at midnight (machine time) to ever see it

Thanks for the clarification! I have yet to play a Spooky Minute on mine.

#7646 7 years ago

I've mapped all the wav files on the game and location. Also, I've made a bunch of potential replacement wavs from ripped DVD's. There were a few call outs that would be awesome to have with Otis, Grandpa, Doctor Satan, etc to add even more variety. Direct replacement doesn't seem to work even using the same wav sample/format properties. I'm sure smarter people can figure it out.

Mike

#7647 7 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

I should be a monster and change all the songs to Powerman 5000 when I get mine

Game would rock with that first cd's worth of songs... remember "Freak, Human Fly" and all that? Takes me back.

"Even Superman shot himself"

#7648 7 years ago

Whats a spooky minute?

#7649 7 years ago

If someone ever figures out changing the music wavs, I'm in. My fav album is American made music to strip by. A lot of cool remixes, that have great rhythm.
? Is there a size/length requirement? What format compression? If they are just referencing the files we should be able to change. Any risk of frying the board or just a reflag if you screw it up? Are hey read off the card or copied to the board?
I'm sure some investigation into the chip responcibile for audio might help with compression questions.
FortyTwo

#7650 7 years ago

After clearing a stuck ball, I ended up with one on the ejector coil, so the game wouldn't start due to 'missing ball.' I figured I could just go into coil test to shoot it out without pulling the glass. I couldn't get any of the coils to work in test mode however. In the coil test menu, you select a coil with the flippers and it says something like press 'enter' to test. I tried the start button and green service button, but I couldn't get any coils to fire on test. I tried the servos in the servo test menu and Spaulding worked fine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? ( I did clear the ball by manually pushing the coil through the coin door.) Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

8,000 (OBO)
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.