2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 223.
#7551 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Are the hi-scores limited to 3-chars like JJP or can they be set to 10-char like Stern?

FYI: JJP does not just limit to 3 characters for high score. Like Stern, length is a setting.

#7552 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

set adult video and audio to off
ignore the timeblocks stuff
set adult time to on
with machine off
hold left flipper button and start button, turn machine on. You hear sherry say tell your adult mode is on, let go of flipper and start.

I have the Auto stuff turned off, and Adult Video and Adult Audio ON. I still randomly get the Cat during American Witch.

#7553 7 years ago

Picked #244 up today. Just turned it on and this is all I get. Help!

IMG_2952 (resized).JPGIMG_2952 (resized).JPG

#7554 7 years ago

Loose connector, check all wiring connections to and from MPU and DMD

#7555 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Loose connector, check all wiring connections to and from MPU and DMD

Both power and ribbon cable are snug. All I hear is a fan running and the GI lights stay on. That's the only thing going on. Nothing else is working.

#7556 7 years ago

It almost looks like your sd card isn't pushed down.

#7557 7 years ago

Is your SD card in all the way? Is your head bolt making contact with your ground braid?

#7558 7 years ago

Idtattoo, I was thinking the same thing (you beat me by 5 seconds with your post) they do stick up a little but in his picture it does look like it is out a little more than usuall .
Princea56001 another thing to check is to make sure no wires were pinched while raising the head .

#7559 7 years ago

Also if the dmd cable was off/undone make sure it is not on upside down.

#7560 7 years ago

Checked all that. Emailing with Charlie now. Thanks guys.

#7561 7 years ago

Upper playfield. The flipper seems weak. When I hit the ball, it rolls up to Spaulding but doesn't really 'bash' him. Is that normal just to keep the ball from getting too crazy up there? Settings right now are default, but I seem to remember that there are settings for coil strength. Do I just need to turn it up? Slings and pops are crazy stong. That ball really gets flying! This game is a blast! Really has that 'just one more game' feeling. It's been kicking my ass too. I love it. A keeper for sure. Thanks Spooky team!

#7562 7 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

1st stab at a wonky topper.

Lol @ the demo man topper. That's great!

#7563 7 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Upper playfield. The flipper seems weak. When I hit the ball, it rolls up to Spaulding but doesn't really 'bash' him. Is that normal just to keep the ball from getting too crazy up there? Settings right now are default, but I seem to remember that there are settings for coil strength. Do I just need to turn it up? Slings and pops are crazy stong. That ball really gets flying! This game is a blast! Really has that 'just one more game' feeling. It's been kicking my ass too. I love it. A keeper for sure. Thanks Spooky team!

There is a setting for that flipper. Default is 7. I bumped mine up to 8 and I like that better.

#7564 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I have the Auto stuff turned off, and Adult Video and Adult Audio ON. I still randomly get the Cat during American Witch.

I asked Fawzma about that. He said its set to alternate for a bit of variety

#7565 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

I asked Fawzma about that. He said its set to alternate for a bit of variety

F that....if I want a cat ill put it back in kiddie mode. Witch dancing is one of the highlights of the game. Friends come over they want to see that, not the cat. Please make that a setting or get rid of it.

#7566 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Checked all that. Emailing with Charlie now. Thanks guys.

Let us know what happens! Hopefully it's something very simple. I noticed your game has speaker lights, did you install those yourself?

#7567 7 years ago

Let us know what happens! Hopefully it's something very simple. I noticed your game has speaker lights, did you install those yourself?

Really? I don't see them. 4 Screws and the Ghost is all I see.

#7568 7 years ago

After an attempted code update that I screwed up, causing the game to not run, Charlie saved me by sending me the "bail out of hell" option, which worked beautifully. The routed game is cussing at the customers once again. Thanks, Spooky!

#7569 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

If you look closely you can see the white LED strips inside the speaker grill. You can also see the piggyback connector on the RGB wiring to the backbox lighting.

#7570 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

After an attempted code update that I screwed up, causing the game to not run, Charlie saved me by sending me the "bail out of hell" option, which worked beautifully. The routed game is cussing at the customers once again. Thanks, Spooky!

Care to share the details of this?

#7571 7 years ago

The details of my failed code update are that I failed to copy over all of the files onto the SD card (I left some out of the process)--i.e., I didn't pay close enough attention to the game support instructions provided on the spooky site. As to the "bail out of hell" option, I guess I shouldn't share that in case it's reserved for emergencies. I wouldn't want to give out the wrong advice. My sense is that it's just for an emergency when the code update has failed, and it still requires a correct SD card.

#7572 7 years ago

Working on some things at Spooky. Including a list of notes for Rob Zombie code!

Hope David and I can have a code/rules jam session later this spring. "Choose how you wanna die!"

IMG_20170310_162939 (resized).jpgIMG_20170310_162939 (resized).jpg

#7573 7 years ago

Awesome news! Looking forward to the end results..

#7574 7 years ago

Ben Heck, what kind of name is that?

#7575 7 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

It's a GI Pinball Refinery mod. After Charlie spent a good chunk of last night and today trying to help me troubleshoot, David believes the AV chip may be fried, so I will be mailing the board back for testing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7576 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Working on some things at Spooky. Including a list of notes for Rob Zombie code!
Hope David and I can have a code/rules jam session later this spring. "Choose how you wanna die!"

That's awesome. Spooky's code situation compared to Stern is like night and day.

#7577 7 years ago

Hey Dudes,

want to install my Sparky/mezelmods bloody TV mod. Really dunno where to place it. Ideas anybody? Has anybody already installed this mod yet? Help would be very appreciated asap as a friend comes by in the next hours to help me having 2 left hands.

Thanks in advance,

Lars

IMG_1210 (resized).JPGIMG_1210 (resized).JPG

#7578 7 years ago

Done

IMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPG

#7579 7 years ago

I'm new to this game and loving it so far. Spooky has done a hell of a job. Bravo. Question though. What's the deal with super pops? It seems like that's always on the display. I'll hit a jackpot for a mode I'm in, and I want to see my jackpot score. Instead, I see super pops. Are super pops that big of a deal in this game?

#7581 7 years ago

Very cool . . . it looks like you have an extra gasoline pump too.

#7582 7 years ago

Does anyone know who supplies the stock flipper rubbers?

#7583 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure they are Perfect Play from Pinball Life:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4014

#7584 7 years ago

Ok cool thanks. I'm kind of diggin them and want to try them on my other games.

#7585 7 years ago

It just got Spooky!

Too busy shooting this machine to comment, but my girl took some pics for prosperity.
Going to take some time to ease into adult mode.

IMG_0726 (resized).JPGIMG_0726 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0746 (resized).JPGIMG_0746 (resized).JPGIMG_0773 (resized).JPGIMG_0773 (resized).JPG

#7586 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ok cool thanks. I'm kind of diggin them and want to try them on my other games.

Yeah, I really like how they play too. I had a new set of SuperBands to go on it but decided against.

#7587 7 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the ball search to a longer delay? Sometimes I'll drop the HO1K drop target and then get the ball under control. I'm lining up my shot and then the ball search goes and resets the target....Kind of annoying.

#7588 7 years ago

Had some friends over and streamed Rob Zombie - I'm not sure if this is a pinball video with drinking or a drinking video with pinball...

#7589 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the ball search to a longer delay? Sometimes I'll drop the HO1K drop target and then get the ball under control. I'm lining up my shot and then the ball search goes and resets the target....Kind of annoying.

Agreed, seems to have only started in Version 19. I guess they'll program it out in 20? Also LDG seems to play up a bit in new code. quite often adds more balls than it should be.

#7590 7 years ago

Added a shaker motor over the weekend, great stuff! Just makes the game feel even more brutal and responsive.. Love it!

#7591 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Agreed, seems to have only started in Version 19. I guess they'll program it out in 20? Also LDG seems to play up a bit in new code. quite often adds more balls than it should be.

I didn't really change anythy related to all search other than working on preventing the pops from triggering the switch.

LDG switches needs a fix to prevent both from being activated at the same time when hit in the middle. This will also help slow down the mode progression.

#7592 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I didn't really change anythy related to all search other than working on preventing the pops from triggering the switch.

Can you change the ball search to have a bit longer delay? 30 seconds maybe? Or make it adjustable? What is it set at now? It seems like about 10-15 seconds or so.

#7593 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you change the ball search to have a bit longer delay? 30 seconds maybe? Or make it adjustable? What is it set at now? It seems like about 10-15 seconds or so.

I can increase it a few seconds.. 8-10 is where its at now, but you can hold one of the flippers and it will kill the ballsearch after 3-4 seconds

#7594 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I can increase it a few seconds.. 8-10 is where its at now, but you can hold one of the flippers and it will kill the ballsearch after 3-4 seconds

Unfortunately the way ball search is currently, 'does' negatively impact on the game. If you cradle a ball to line up a shot it goes into ball search. I implore you that this is something that must be fixed. As stated by another owner he cradles ready to shoot HooC and the target goes back up because of ball search. It definitely isn't 8 to 10 seconds at the moment and ball search while cradling just shouldn't be.
Cheers David i trust you'll get it sorted in due course.

#7595 7 years ago

Pseudo-code:

if (player holding button AND end of stroke switch closed) { //Is player is cradling the ball?
don't do ball search;
}

#7596 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pseudo-code:
if (player holding button AND end of stroke switch closed) { //Is player is cradling the ball?
don't do ball search;
}

Yes please

#7597 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pseudo-code:
don't do ball search;
}

Sounds good, cheers.

#7598 7 years ago

The pile of skulls plastic is a little lost when the machine is on (its a dark pin, which is perfect for the theme). Soooo, I added some "hidden" overhead UV leds and painted the bone areas not covered in blood with a clear UV reactive paint. Image doesn't show it as well but the skulls and the fact that they are covered in blood really POP with this mod. I thought this was a really great plastic that should show more while playing the game. The UV leds are great because they don't throw too much visible light on the pf.

20170314_224606 (resized).jpg20170314_224606 (resized).jpg

#7599 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

The pile of skulls plastic is a little lost when the machine is on (its a dark pin, which is perfect for the theme). Soooo, I added some "hidden" overhead UV leds and painted the bone areas not covered in blood with a clear UV reactive paint. Image doesn't show it as well but the skulls and the fact that they are covered in blood really POP with this mod. I thought this was a really great plastic that should show more while playing the game. The UV leds are great because they don't throw too much visible light on the pf.

Looks good! Which UV led strip did you use? Looks almost identical to the strip in that area that's included with Pinball Refinery's UV-GI kit. Got a link to the clear UV paint?

#7600 7 years ago

Looks good! Which UV led strip did you use? Looks almost identical to the strip in that area that's included with Pinball Refinery's UV-GI kit. Got a link to the clear UV paint?

Not pinball refinery's, but they would work just as well I assume. I mounted a couple of strips to the underside of the plastic "pf glass guide". It was easy since that piece is removed with with screws. Make sure you glue the LED strips. The adhesive on those won't work.

Link to the paint:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LH041UC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Painting hint: Less is more. put very little on your brush and do more of a dry-bush technique. Gives it a gritty/rough appearance when glowing (just my opinion...I'm only an engineer who never took an art class in school, lol). Also, you can always add more paint. Best part is when the machine is off, the painted areas don't look painted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.