Topic Stats

• 10,540 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10540 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 211.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I was thinking the same thing because this is Rob Zombie. This is hardcore! Many here will be thrilled with art package. But I am confident that due to the nature of the beast (uh, Superbeast), many will need to back out due to wives, small children, etc.

If I end up staying in, I told my wife we might need to get a cover for when we have guests over. We'll see once the artwork is revealed. I love that kind of stuff, my wife is OK with it, and as long as it doesn't give my 3 yr old nightmares, I have no problems with him, either. I just don't want to offend friends (or my parents) who are more conservative. True, it's my house, and I can do what I want, but I also have respect for my friends and family.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I also had some questions to ask prior to sending an email and having a spot held for me. (You and others call this whining of course). If I was Charlie I'd send you a PM and tell you to chill out and don't tell people who should and shouldn't be a Spooky customer. If you want that ability you should start your own pinball manufacturing company. I have a couple of names on what you could call it..
I went ahead and sent an email last night to KT and will wait for a response but Spooky's site sucks when it comes to communication about this game. There is that small promo video and "To get on the sales list or check game availability, email:" . It says to get on sales list email them but it doesn't elaborate that they will hold a spot for free. Maybe they should setup a FAQ or maybe they don't care because there is enough demand for the game. I know Charlie posts here, on facebook and has a Podcast but the website should have official formal information including a timeline etc..

o.gif

#704 4 years ago

I'm confirmed on the list as of this morning. Now it's time to start poking away some cash.

Great job Spooky team on securing a fantastic license. I will be excited to watch the details emerge on this one.

#705 4 years ago

Got my confirmation - on the list! Tootie F'n Frutti!

#706 4 years ago

I sent an email on Monday afternoon, no reply yet. Ill follow-up tomorrow if needed..

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I sent an email on Monday afternoon, no reply yet.

Did you send it to: kt@spookypinball.com or charlie@spookypinball.com ? We've answered all emails and checked our spam filters. You should do the same. She replied to a Kevin in NC on the 22nd if that's you. We have no way of knowing from a Pinside nickname.

#708 4 years ago

Thanks for the quick follow-up! Ill check but i just got an email from her a few min ago that im on the list!

#709 4 years ago

It appears that the squeaky wheel has now been greased...

#710 4 years ago

well i couldn't get this game out of my head. so long story short i'm on the list and have started putting cash away

if this ends up how i hope it does i will be very happy. Even the Mrs. likes it

#711 4 years ago

On the list. I guess we'll all see when it's uncovered!

#712 4 years ago

Mudflaps, Herg, me our gang is almost all in . Jints did you email ?

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Mudflaps, Herg, me our game is almost all in . Jints did you email ?

I'm hoping it will be ready when I return from my 'vacation' next year. Mustang will probably have to go.... I hate to let it go, but I'll make my decision when I see the game.

#714 4 years ago

Getting on the list is just for the LE list correct? The remaining slots for the standard edition will go on sale on or after 6/4? Just making sure.

Thanks

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Getting on the list is just for the LE list correct? The remaining slots for the standard edition will go on sale on or after 6/4? Just making sure.
Thanks

No. By all accounts the LE's are already spoken for. If any spots remain, they would be for a standard.

#716 4 years ago

July 4th was for previous amh owners to declare interest, LE or otherwise...somehow I think that's been disregarded due to the mad rush of interest.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

July 4th was for previous amh owners to declare interest, LE or otherwise...somehow I think that's been disregarded due to the mad rush of interest.

No, July 4th was a date related to selecting LE but they all got taken instantly so once that happened anybody could ask to be put on the "interested" list for a SE

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

No, July 4th was a date related to selecting LE but they all got taken instantly so once that happened anybody could ask to be put on the "interested" list for a SE

OK makes sense...the original post from the CO show wasn't clear but your interpretation sounds right. However Id heard that every LE holder is not necessarily an AMH buyer. That info could be wrong tho.

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

OK makes sense...the original post from the CO show wasn't clear but your interpretation sounds right. However Id heard that every LE holder is not necessarily an AMH buyer. That info could be wrong tho.

According to Charlie's posts, AMH buyers spoke for all 50. Might want to read the thread.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

According to Charlie's posts, AMH buyers spoke for all 50. Might want to read the thread.

I have...my mistake

#721 4 years ago

Confirmed I am officially on the list today. I believe there are less than 15 spots left.

#722 4 years ago

From Spooky's Facebook post today.............

"This just happened. Sid Haig....The man, the myth, the pinball voice actor! "

FB_IMG_1435340978080.jpg

#723 4 years ago

That is awesome!

#724 4 years ago

Spooky also commented:
Words can't describe how kind and humble Sid was with us. 15 pages of Spaulding script goodness for this game.

#725 4 years ago

Did Ben write the script? Is it 15 pages of ball jokes?

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You've got a problem with your balls!

#727 4 years ago

When I first heard this was going to be the game, I said, "There's gotta be some awesome Rob Zombie songs blaring the entire time you play." I then proceeded to blast some of my favorites for the old man and I got some funny looks. Was pumped when I saw the track list!

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We had 30 pages of ball jokes, thank you very much!

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

#729 4 years ago

Cost, budgeted. Space, cleared. Anticipation, palpable.

#730 4 years ago

Man I hope we start getting some pictures and descriptions of the game soon.
I have passed on two games I have really wanted this last week so I can have the cash ready for the deposit if I need it. Really hoping that we get something soon so I have a better idea of what I am holding out for.

I'd still like to know how much time we are going to have to decide if we are committed between the reveal and the due date for the deposit. If it's a month, awesome. If it's more like a week, I just hope that it will be easy to make a decision.

I guess all I can ask is for Spooky to please not wait until the last minute to reveal the whole thing.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and plays some pinball tonight!
Cheers!

#731 4 years ago

Man, where's Jared? What's that word he likes so much?...

Quoted from Jetzxi:

From Spooky's Facebook post today.............
"This just happened. Sid Haig....The man, the myth, the pinball voice actor! "

FB_IMG_1435340978080.jpg

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

LMAO!

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

LIONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LIONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

There it is!

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

we just got one!! 15 pages of Captn Spaulding!!!

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We had 30 pages of ball jokes, thank you very much!

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

at least it was an even number of ball pages

#737 4 years ago

I dunno, I'd say there were plenty of oddball jokes.

#738 4 years ago

I wonder when Charlie and the Spooky gang will do the first unveiling (unless it was posted already). Cant wait.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I wonder when Charlie and the Spooky gang will do the first unveiling (unless it was posted already). Cant wait.

Think they mentioned trying to start production (best case scenario) in Jan 2016.
So, maybe a best guess is somewhere between July 2015 - Dec 2015 ??

#740 4 years ago

Hopefully Expo.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hopefully Expo.

Wow, I thought the reveal was right around the corner. I guess I can stop checking for updates several times a day.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

I have passed on two games I have really wanted this last week so I can have the cash ready for the deposit if I need it. Really hoping that we get something soon so I have a better idea of what I am holding out for.
I'd still like to know how much time we are going to have to decide if we are committed between the reveal and the due date for the deposit. If it's a month, awesome. If it's more like a week, I just hope that it will be easy to make a decision.
I guess all I can ask is for Spooky to please not wait until the last minute to reveal the whole thing.
Hope everyone has a great Friday and plays some pinball tonight!
Cheers!

Hard to screw this theme up... it's going to be awesome, no matter what, just with the art and the music.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Wow, I thought the reveal was right around the corner. I guess I can stop checking for updates several times a day.

I figured it would be awhile it takes time to get everything worked out. I rather them take there time and wow me with the final demo.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Hard to screw this theme up... it's going to be awesome, no matter what, just with the art and the music.

As much as I love what Charlie and co. has done so far i personally can't put the cart before the horse. Even the best designers have off titles where they fail at translating awesome themes into games that look and play well.

All I am saying is that I would appreciate having as much time as possible to evaluate the game.

#745 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

All I am saying is that I would appreciate having as much time as possible to evaluate the game.

Sounds great. But what does that mean? You can't expect them to reveal the game, and then have a 30 day period of observation in which they'll take no orders and tour the country.

In an ideal world you'd get a chance to thoroughly play every game before you made a decision. But ask any Stern LE buyer, even the "best" company when it comes to reliably releasing games doesn't offer you that.

#746 4 years ago

Agreed Aurich.

At this point people are basically signed up for an "I'm highly interested" list with absolutely no money down on the game. Once the game is revealed as a finished product, anyone on the interest list has 30 days to lock in their game with only a $1000 deposit and the balance due right before shipment of the game to your door.

That's a pretty fair deal in my book!

#747 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sounds great. But what does that mean? You can't expect them to reveal the game, and then have a 30 day period of observation in which they'll take no orders and tour the country.

Why not? Why cant they reveal it 30 days before we have to commit the deposit? They already have a want to buy list of interested parties (myself included) that is almost at if not already over the 300 unit limit.
How does it hurt them to show more info early?
Seems to me that a lot of the recent pinball stress has been caused by secrecy. In this case there is plenty of interest and already a decent waiting list so who is being helped by keeping the details secret until the last minute?

Quoted from dkazz1:

Once the game is revealed as a finished product, anyone on the interest list has 30 days to lock in their game with only a $1000 deposit and the balance due right before shipment of the game to your door.
That's a pretty fair deal in my book!

This is exactly what I am hoping for. Did they announce it and I just missed it?

Again, a general game plan from Spooky would be helpful. You can't please everyone but more info is better than less.

Cheers!

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Why not? Why cant they reveal it 30 days before we have to commit the deposit? They already have a want to buy list of interested parties (myself included) that is almost at if not already over the 300 unit limit.
How does it hurt them to show more info early?
Seems to me that a lot of the recent pinball stress has been caused by secrecy. In this case there is plenty of interest and already a decent waiting list so who is being helped by keeping the details secret until the last minute?

This is exactly what I am hoping for. Did they announce it and I just missed it?
Again, a general game plan from Spooky would be helpful. You can't please everyone but more info is better than less.
Cheers!

You just missed it, re-read my post above. They've stated this many times already including in this thread. The reveal happens then you have 30 days to make the $1000 deposit, the balance is due just before your game is shipped - not the FIRST game shipped, but your game (the game specifically made for YOU).

Pretty simple!

#749 4 years ago

It's pretty simple: If you're interested at all sign up, no commitment. Then they'll show the game, and you have time to decide if you want to put a deposit down or bail. They're not even building games for a while, there's time for it to all be worked out.

I bet they just revealed the theme so early because it was already leaking. Might as well control rumors. Art wasn't ready in time, so they couldn't show it.

#750 4 years ago

Sweet!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
$ 199.00
Lighting - Interactive
Medisinyl Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
There are 10540 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside