2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg
R0010088 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 223.
#7401 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

What will you do when you open the box and find this? You will be alone.

Whats with all the vague comments and partial pictures. How are you alone?
If you have something to say just say it.

Who shipped it? what is the shipping company saying? How far did it travel and who wrapped it? was it shipped with legs on?

Quoted from Zsozso:

They said it is my fault

Who siad it was your fault?

Would be nice to have some real info especially if a user or shipping company is screwing you around so we know what to look out for. We already know spooky isn't at fault but you cryptically post it here like it is instead of starting your own thread sharing your experience.

#7402 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

What will you do when you open the box and find this? You will be alone.

That's not too bad. Inspect the entire thing for further damage. Just some careful gluing and clamping. I have fixed worse.

IMG_4735 (resized).JPGIMG_4735 (resized).JPG

#7403 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Who shipped it? what is the shipping company saying? How far did it travel and who wrapped it? was it shipped with legs on?

Would be nice to have some real info especially if a user or shipping company is screwing you around so we know what to look out for. We already know spooky isn't at fault but you cryptically post it here like it is instead of starting your own thread sharing your experience.

Nicely put

#7404 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

That's not too bad. Inspect the entire thing for further damage. Just some careful gluing and clamping. I have fixed worse.

Than please fix this too!

IMG_2954 (resized).jpgIMG_2954 (resized).jpg

#7405 7 years ago

So are you gonna give us details or continue to be vague about everything?

#7406 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The problem is: I wrote down in a German forum the name of the company I bought the pin from, and they banned me at once. This is a chain, the protect each other. I have to act carefully

#7407 7 years ago

There is one thing I should know: who or what protect us if you open a box at home and find this crap

#7408 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

Than please fix this too!

Wow you are lucky in what I have seen so far. Both damaged areas posted can be repaired and not seen. That head the repair would be seen on the inside but the external seemed to be pretty good. Of course I would contact spooky about the possibility of purchasing a empty but decaled head. And side rails and apron. Then do the other repair. And have a nice game again.

Along with the vague we also don't know where about you are. Aka. Offer help. If you were close enough. I'd say bring the cab on down and I can fix it in a week. Or if your not comfortable. Find your local freelance cabinet maker and ask for repair. You would have to remove playfeild of course.

#7409 7 years ago

Maybe I am a bit sad and nervous, and I am saying words what you should't, but I want you to understand me. The chain
-manufacturer
-transporter
-dealer
-the guy who ban from a prof. Forum
can exist because the guys who love pinball spend enough money to make this world go around. If there is some trouble they disappear.

#7410 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

There is one thing I should know: who or what protect us if you open a box at home and find this crap

Contact seller and they should start a claim with the shipping company. Once you have either the seller taking care of repairs or the shipping company compensate you. Next contact spooky to purchase the damaged parts and put it back together.

#7411 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Contact seller and they should start a claim with the shipping company. Once you have either the seller taking care of repairs or the shipping company compensate you. Next contact spooky to purchase the damaged parts and put it back together.

I would be happy if you would have right, but it looks like the dealer don't even want to speak with the shipping company, while I deliver back home with my own van. Just like this:

IMG_2931 (resized).JPGIMG_2931 (resized).JPG

#7412 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

I would be happy if you would have right, but it looks like the dealer don't even want to speak with the shipping company, while I deliver back home with my own van. Just like this:

Did you drop it? Or are you saying it was dropped before you got it and there was no indication on the outside carton that it had been dropped? And is that a human-sized CAGE in you van . . .

#7413 7 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Did you drop it? Or are you saying it was dropped before you got it and there was no indication on the outside carton that it had been dropped? And is that a human-sized CAGE in you van . . .

No I did't drop it. As Charley said it was dropped down from somewhere up from the high. I just wanted to show you how I carried the pin, not so high, the van is small (this isnt the first time for me carrying) It means its impossible for me to drop it this way down.

That "cage" is for glass, while i am a glazier! But unfortunately the glas was not broken

#7414 7 years ago

That is the 2nd gen tougher Green Bay Packaging Company box... but I can tell the side is split and the TOP is crushed. How the top was crushed, no idea, but it appears to have taken a nasty hit or fall in the box.

Problem on our end is we sold 4 games to a private company... they arranged all the shipping themselves so I don't have any way of filing a claim on our end no matter where the damage occurred. This leaves it in the hands of the seller / buyer.

As I stated earlier, I am MORE than happy to help if they can find a solution on their end.

#7415 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

That is the 2nd gen tougher Green Bay Packaging Company box... but I can tell the side is split and the TOP is crushed. How the top was crushed, no idea, but it appears to have taken a nasty hit or fall in the box.
Problem on our end is we sold 4 games to a private company... they arranged all the shipping themselves so I don't have any way of filing a claim on our end no matter where the damage occurred. This leaves it in the hands of the seller / buyer.
As I stated earlier, I am MORE than happy to help if they can find a solution on their end.

The dealer didn't told me this box is crushed, I don't know how this box should look alike. I just payed it, the dealer himself crane it, and he tie it. Now I am looking like the biggest liar in the world.

#7416 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Some quirks with mine:
I noticed on mine when it is doing a ball check, the fried chicken pop bumper registers as a hit when it fires the solenoid. Interestingly, it continues to check for a ball. To me it suggests a code issue in my case. Score wise, it registers as a hit, but logically the game knows the switch wasn't hit, or it wouldn't continue to search for the ball.
Sometimes I get two balls in the shooter lane, instead of one.
Twice I've had the game go silent/dark when it ejects a saved ball and the flippers were completely dead. Game goes back to normal when the ball drains.
I need to fix the airballs in my machine though, I have noticed significant pitting on the playfield. Most of it is coming from the post target with the "2" in front of it, I think.
All of these things rarely interrupt gameplay though, I've probably put on well over 100 games in the past few days.
It's one of those where you just keep wanting to play one more game. Loving it, and I know we'll get the rare issues worked out at some point.
(Running V19 btw)

Fix you airballs on the #2 target by removing the foam and putting a post rubber behind, worked great for me!

7946579759b3659ff7590cdcd31d515f4c705e12 (resized).jpg7946579759b3659ff7590cdcd31d515f4c705e12 (resized).jpg

#7417 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

The dealer didn't told me this box is crushed, I don't know how this box should look alike. I just payed it, the dealer himself crane it, and he tie it. Now I am looking like the biggest liar in the world.

Your 'protection' is probably the same as with any other goods you buy. How did you pay? I would insist on returning it to the dealer if possible. If paid by credit card, you can dispute the charge. Sounds like you're in Germany. In the U.S., your recourse would probably be a small-claims lawsuit if the dealer will not work with you. We have the uniform commercial code that helps handle disputes over goods. I have no idea about Germany though. And I don't know what the terms or your sale were either. When did risk transfer, did you waive inspection, etc. The picture of it in your van seems to document that it was damaged when you received it.

#7418 7 years ago

Sorry to see any game in this condition and feel for you. As stated before you and the seller need to work this out. Seller needs to work with shipper for a claim. Then pay you to fix it or seller needs to fix. Spooky has said they will help all they can and they will. They are the most amazing company anyone will ever do business with. The fact that they have spent their time writing on a forum should show you this. It is not their fault. Good thing it's not a Stern you really would be alone. I hope you get your game fixed because it really is a great game. And kudos to Spooky for trying to help.

#7419 7 years ago

Maybe bad timing, but I just got code 19 installed and have been playing nonstop. It's the only one on in my 16. This game rocks. Thank you again Spooky for helping a caveman like me to get there.

#7420 7 years ago

19 is awesome. I'm really excited to see what's next. I'm ready for some more call outs and gameplay code.

#7421 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

No I did't drop it. As Charley said it was dropped down from somewhere up from the high. I just wanted to show you how I carried the pin, not so high, the van is small (this isnt the first time for me carrying) It means its impossible for me to drop it this way down.
That "cage" is for glass, while i am a glazier! But unfortunately the glas was not broken

Don't move pins while high might be the lesson here...

How much $ is the repair gonna cost you figure?

#7422 7 years ago

Amazing to think it's only going to get better. I hope infectious mode makes it back in one day. Love that I got to put my name in for lowest loser score just hilarious. I guess it will be about a month and we will see what the next game will be. So excited.

#7423 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

The dealer lied to you , that box is clearly severely damaged . I would think that that picture of it in your van is proof that it was damaged in shipping , dealer needs to get in contact with the shipping company ,it should have been insured. If the dealer won't work with you ,you need to contact a lawyer .

#7424 7 years ago

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted] I love the game but having to sell mine for personal reasons.

#7425 7 years ago

Sorry to hear. Kudos on price.

#7426 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Don't move pins while high might be the lesson here...
How much $ is the repair gonna cost you figure?

You know its not mainly about the cost. Fixing the problem sometimes just a good will nothing more. But I also wanted a perfectly new machine for myself, and for my friends. You know this is the only RZ in our country.

#7427 7 years ago

I have a question regarding the C H O P inserts. They do not seem to cycle properly all the time. When I have 1 remaining to light most the time the unlit insert will move left with the left flipper and right with the right flipper. Once in awhile it seems to mess up and not go in order on the C and the H target. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I am running code 19. Sounds like a big to be, I would not think this is on purpose.

#7428 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The dealer lied to you , that box is clearly severely damaged . I would think that that picture of it in your van is proof that it was damaged in shipping , dealer needs to get in contact with the shipping company ,it should have been insured. If the dealer won't work with you ,you need to contact a lawyer .

I was curious so did some sleuthing. The dealer in question is Pinball Universe. Threads are here:

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113

Looks like just what he said.. forum mod took the side of PU, is assuming Zsozso is lying and threatened to ban him if he mentioned it again. Base on his pic of the box above, I can't see how the hell they think he's lying, but whatever.. it's their forum. I'd definitely steer clear of Pinball Universe until this is sorted out, though. Damage like that really looks like a shipping incident. I don't think an individual or a group could even lift the game high enough to drop it and cause that, and you wouldn't get that damage from simply tipping it over accidentally.

This post is pretty old, but comment about packaging is interesting..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-universe

#7429 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

You know its not mainly about the cost. Fixing the problem sometimes just a good will nothing more. But I also wanted a perfectly new machine for myself, and for my friends. You know this is the only RZ in our country.

Yeah for sure it would be nice if shipper stepped up. Hopefully they still do.

Hopefully a couple hundred bucks fixes things.

#7430 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I was curious so did some sleuthing. The dealer in question is Pinball Universe. Threads are here:
Looks like just what he said.. forum mod took the side of PU, is assuming Zsozso is lying and threatened to ban him if he mentioned it again. Base on his pic of the box above, I can't see how the hell they think he's lying, but whatever.. it's their forum. I'd definitely steer clear of Pinball Universe until this is sorted out, though. Damage like that really looks like a shipping incident. I don't think an individual or a group could even lift the game high enough to drop it and cause that, and you wouldn't get that damage from simply tipping it over accidentally.

You are referring to the wrong company! Pinball Universe is German based company and only about 3 years old. They put very much effort in supplying only the best games and their service is outstanding!

The tread on flippermarkt has been closed due to the lack of facts/pictures and the will to answer very specific questions regarding transportation.
anyways, I hope for both sides to come to an amicable ending.

#7431 7 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

You are referring to the wrong company! Pinball Universe is German based company and only about 3 years old. They put very much effort in supplying only the best games and their service is outstanding!
The tread on flippermarkt has been closed due to the lack of facts/pictures and the will to answer very specific questions regarding transportation.

I read the flipper forum and no offense but I saw no reason to close that thread. How is he supposed to post pictures of a damaged box now that the thread has been locked. He's posted pictures of the game loaded on his van here on pinside and it's clear to see that the box is damaged. Even Charlie from Spooky concurs. We don't know all the facts but in my opinion the forum is doing a disservice to their user by locking the thread...it does appear as a one sided attempt to protect pinball universe.

#7432 7 years ago

Can somebody test their upper PF chicken and gasoline switches in the test menu and let me know if you see the same thing I am? When I press the gasoline switch #23 on the right all 7 of the trough switches turn off then turn back on when the gasoline switch is released. When I press the chicken switch #22 on the left it acts normally and doesn't affect the trough switches at all. I had a previous issue with the gasoline switch contacts bending and touching so I made sure that is not the case now. Just wondering why the trough switches disable when the gasoline switch is pressed in.

#7433 7 years ago

If anyone has not had the chance to play this awesome game from Spooky, we will have one in our booth at TPF this year complete with red Titan Silicone rubber, courtesy of @blacktoothgrin! Yes, we'll set it for adult mode after all the kiddos are in bed

#7434 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

If anyone has not had the chance to play this awesome game from Spooky, we will have one in our booth at TPF this year complete with red Titan Silicone rubber, courtesy of blacktoothgrin! Yes, we'll set it for adult mode after all the kiddos are in bed

Titan.
You should have some pre bagged and prices sets! I'm actually getting a RZ when I return from TPF. May be able to convince me to buy a set!!!
FortyTwo

#7435 7 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

The picture of the game in his van is pretty damning. The box is still in original strapping but is significantly damaged - the game was almost certainly broken before it was loaded into the van. Also, it is more likely that the catastrophic damage we saw occurred with a mishap involving forklifts, tractor trailers, loading docks and containers, rather than handtrucks and a van.

I hope Pinball Universe Germany is willing to work with him. If all shipping claims are denied, perhaps Spooky can send a flat-pack cabinet at reasonable cost to help rebuild the game? I can't even imagine the poor guy's disappointment opening that box while surrounded by friends eager to play...

#7436 7 years ago

Both switches on mine do not affect the 7 through switches. They stay lit when either are activated as well as when both are activated. Hope this helps and thanks for a reason to give my playfield a wipe down.

#7437 7 years ago

On chop mine goes with left flipper to the left but when three are lit it jumps a spot first. Weird to explain but a cool way of keeping a player on their toes.

#7438 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe helpful for others, because most of the readers can not understand German . I tried a translation, so I'm not a native speaker and hope the translation doesn't falsify something. I put in some remarks for better understanding and marked it.

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=181654
-----------Statement from Pinball-Universe -------
Dear community,
I‘m giving you this statement German language because we are allready in contact with user Zsozso (in English) und he our (remark from me: means from Pinball Universe) view on the actual situation knows.

I would like to describe in short the situation from my perspective, because he describes the situation in very abridged form

The user contacted me, if he can by a Rob Zombie from us, because he knows from Charlie (owner Spooky Pinball) that we have one.

After clarified details, he bought the machine as industrialist (remark from me: different law then if you by as private person) and fetched it. He did a partial payment and final payment when pickup.

The day of pickup on ECS final (remark: European Championship Final) he took a look on the box and ask for if he can open it. The question was answered with yes. He didn't see any reason for opening the box. (We too, because in beforehand there was no conspicuousness.)

After this the box was packed with a pallet transporter on a pallet packed into his transporter.

If something happened on the transporter or when unloading I don‘t know.

Charlie from Spooky and we have offered our support.
Unfortunately until now there was no reaction except a letter from an advocate on Friday and now the postings here and on pinside.

Now it‘s more text then initially intended, but until now I didn't had such a case until now.

I hope still on a businesslike clarification in the next days.

Best regrads
Daniel
-----------End of statement from Pinball-Universe -------

You can read on your own that the users like here ask for a picture of the box, but the user Zsozso does not come up with it, but sill posted in the morning several different other things.

The picture I can see here is posted yesterday #7411 2017-02-25 16:08 CET. I see on the picture that the black band is tied. With a damage on the left upper corner I would suppose that it is lose and would not keep the box.
For me the box also looked on the left side that it already cuted. Top and botten clamps look like removed. Compared to a box a different user posted, this seems to be opened before.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/148#post-3618829

If this box really was taken without opening it and it looked like this, than I don't understand why he didn't want to take a look inside.

Anyway it looks that Charly and Pinball-Universe try to give help to Zsozso to come to a good end. All the best for all.

rob-zombie-box (resized).jpgrob-zombie-box (resized).jpg

#7439 7 years ago
Quoted from PinNin:

Maybe helpful for others, because most of the readers can not understand German . I tried a translation, so I'm not a native speaker and hope the translation doesn't falsify something. I put in some remarks for better understanding and marked it.
http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=181654
-----------Statement from Pinball-Universe -------
Dear community,
I‘m giving you this statement German language because we are allready in contact with user Zsozso (in English) und he our (remark from me: means from Pinball Universe) view on the actual situation knows.
I would like to describe in short the situation from my perspective, because he describes the situation in very abridged form
The user contacted me, if he can by a Rob Zombie from us, because he knows from Charlie (owner Spooky Pinball) that we have one.
After clarified details, he bought the machine as industrialist (remark from me: different law then if you by as private person) and fetched it. He did a partial payment and final payment when pickup.
The day of pickup on ECS final (remark: European Championship Final) he took a look on the box and ask for if he can open it. The question was answered with yes. He didn't see any reason for opening the box. (We too, because in beforehand there was no conspicuousness.)
After this the box was packed with a pallet transporter on a pallet packed into his transporter.
If something happened on the transporter or when unloading I don‘t know.
Charlie from Spooky and we have offered our support.
Unfortunately until now there was no reaction except a letter from an advocate on Friday and now the postings here and on pinside.
Now it‘s more text then initially intended, but until now I didn't had such a case until now.
I hope still on a businesslike clarification in the next days.
Best regrads
Daniel
-----------End of statement from Pinball-Universe -------
You can read on your own that the users like here ask for a picture of the box, but the user Zsozso does not come up with it, but sill posted in the morning several different other things.
The picture I can see here is posted yesterday #7411 2017-02-25 16:08 CET. I see on the picture that the black band is tied. With a damage on the left upper corner I would suppose that it is lose and would not keep the box.
For me the box also looked on the left side that it already cuted. Top and botten clamps look like removed. Compared to a box a different user posted, this seems to be opened before.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/148#post-3618829
If this box really was taken without opening it and it looked like this, than I don't understand why he didn't want to take a look inside.
Anyway it looks that Charly and Pinball-Universe try to give help to Zsozso to come to a good end. All the best for all.

You are not too lucky my friend, because I have an other picture witch was made by Pinball Universe. Look at the photo as carefully as you did it before, and look the damage at the box what you had seen in the van.

Maybe you have to try to figure out something else to call me a liar.

IMG_2930 (resized).JPGIMG_2930 (resized).JPG

#7440 7 years ago

Sorry from anyone to bother you here, but at the German forum we cannot discuss about it, because there the thread is banned. They don't allow to tell anything about it because the "CHAIN" protect itself.

#7441 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

Sorry from anyone to bother you here, but at the German forum we cannot discuss about it, because there the thread is banned. They don't allow to tell anything about it because the "CHAIN" protect itself.

Your posts aren't doing much good here either. Maybe you should start another thread to address whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.

#7442 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Maybe you should start another thread to address whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.

Plus one to this... I keep looking at the thread for game specific updates. Not that I don't feel your pain for what you are going through, but please start another thread for your issue. Thanks!

#7443 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

You are not too lucky my friend, because I have an other picture witch was made by Pinball Universe. Look at the photo as carefully as you did it before, and look the damage at the box what you had seen in the van.
Maybe you have to try to figure out something else to call me a liar.

Thanks for the further picture. (I'm not your friend ). Seems to be the same condition. What I could read is that you already get the offer for help from Charly and PU. If the box looks like this and you had the offer to open it at the pickup, why didn't you do it?

+1 SilverBallz
Maybe you use your energy to find a solution with Charly and PU. All the best to get the RZ soon up and running.

#7444 7 years ago

Pinball Universe is lieing. No help arrive in these weeks. I got a mail they will do nothing.

#7445 7 years ago

Back to Rob Zombie talk.

Quoted from Buzz:

On chop mine goes with left flipper to the left but when three are lit it jumps a spot first. Weird to explain but a cool way of keeping a player on their toes.

Is this on purpose? Or code bug? Seems to be no ryme or reason when these do not move in order.

#7446 7 years ago

Also what is Spooky Minute in the setting do?

#7447 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Can somebody test their upper PF chicken and gasoline switches in the test menu and let me know if you see the same thing I am? When I press the gasoline switch #23 on the right all 7 of the trough switches turn off then turn back on when the gasoline switch is released. When I press the chicken switch #22 on the left it acts normally and doesn't affect the trough switches at all. I had a previous issue with the gasoline switch contacts bending and touching so I made sure that is not the case now. Just wondering why the trough switches disable when the gasoline switch is pressed in.

Sounds like your switch got wired backwords. Had the same problem on mine. Those 2 switches are mounted in opposite directions, so from the underside view the wires should be opposite as well.

#7448 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Also what is Spooky Minute in the setting do?

I got it once. Cool music started and switches appeared to be worth 666k. Not sure if it's random or set to a certain time though.

#7449 7 years ago

Spooky minute is at midnight and lasts one minute of different music and everything is worth 666 points. I'm in bed by 8 usually so I set game time so midnight is really 4:20 my time same with my GB so I can enjoy it. I feel chop is programmed that way works normal when 1 or 2 letters are lit but once you have all 3 boom curve ball.

#7450 7 years ago

Just set up a RZ, what's good levels for the sound?

Sub volume
X-over
Treble
Bass
Volume

Thank you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Johnson City, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 11,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.