2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 223.
#7351 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Here's a video, yes this is correct(sorry for the poor camera work).
» YouTube video

as I thought (or read the code) lets call this a feature

your other video is a feature to

#7352 7 years ago

Any idea when we will get some more info on the display? Ie. Scoring, be nice to know how much shots and jackpots are worth.

#7353 7 years ago

I had to cancel my RZ preorder for personal reasons

Mailed Spooky, got my refund the next week.
I did not have to send a second email or reminder.
No lame excuses from Spooky, no delay...

Go Spooky.
Wish I could have have stayed on board. I know I would have loved that game.

#7354 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I had to cancel my RZ preorder for personal reasons
Mailed Spooky, got my refund the next week.
I did not have to send a second email or reminder.
No lame excuses from Spooky, no delay...
Go Spooky.
Wish I could have have stayed on board. I know I would have loved that game.

I'm sure if you ask them nicely they can still hook you up with one .....

rd

#7355 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Any idea when we will get some more info on the display? Ie. Scoring, be nice to know how much shots and jackpots are worth.

A few pages ago Fawzma mentioned he is locking down all the "features" (slang joke term for a bug in the programmer world) first then focusing on content and display. He first had to get time in on Jetsons and Dominos.

#7356 7 years ago

Another "feature" uncovered that I haven't seen mentioned.

Playing American Witch Mode:

Shooting for Left Orbit, but don't make it before hitting pops/slings, living dead girl targets light, rest of inserts dark to restart...OK so far.

Hit living dead girl targets and restart, and this time make left orbit, now shooting for ramp.

Once again my aim sucks this morning, and I hit the pops. Same deal, living dead girl targets light, rest of inserts dark to restart.

This time however, while the DMD is showing hit LDG to restart, the game is still calling out to hit the center ramp. I trap the ball, and game calls out to hit center ramp so I do. Mode completely ends, inserts all back on, left orbit flashing to restart a new mode. AW not rewarded of course.

#7357 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

as I thought (or read the code) lets call this a feature
your other video is a feature to

No problem boss, its your sand box I'm just playing in it. Features it is going forward

#7358 7 years ago

Finally got Ho1KC in the one go. Apart from giving a nice score not as satisfying as it could be. It really should let you know you've hit 1000 also mode probably should move on once you've achieved it. Not much point in collecting 1200 corpses. DP is probably the best bang for your buck mode generally paying out 20-25mil.

20170218_135404 (resized).jpg20170218_135404 (resized).jpg

#7359 7 years ago

Not a bad ball 1. 4 major and 2 sub modes completed. Please dont ask about my next 2 balls however.

20170218_143948 (resized).jpg20170218_143948 (resized).jpg

#7360 7 years ago
Quoted from Dutts:

Finally got Ho1KC in the one go. Apart from giving a nice score not as satisfying as it could be. It really should let you know you've hit 1000 also mode probably should move on once you've achieved it. Not much point in collecting 1200 corpses. DP is probably the best bang for your buck mode generally paying out 20-25mil.

I wouldn't quite say that. Eventually there will be a corpse collected score table.

#7361 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I wouldn't quite say that. Eventually there will be a corpse collected score table.

Cool. Thank you for all the hard work and am looking forward to experiencing the code mature.

#7362 7 years ago

That backglass reflection though! lol

#7363 7 years ago

Just picked up a HUO low play Rob Zombie this weekend loving it so far. I updated to the 19 code. I seem found a bug in the settings not sure if it has been reported yet.

When I changed the start button game reset to disabled, then game will start and end in 0 seconds. GAME OVER ball launches and you get 0 points for your game. I always turn this option off in my games, the temptation to restart first bad ball is there if you I do not.

Is the Factory LED upgrade kit available to purchase? Or does someone have the bulb list for this and I can order for pinball life direct I guess as well.

#7364 7 years ago

Sigh....My luck is getting worse with RZLE....It seems I can't play a day without facing an issue.

So this morning, playing Dragula, game drained a ball with ball save but nothing happened. Game just sat there going into periodic ball search mode. Took glass off and force fed a ball into shooter lane. Resumed game and noticed weird stuff....modes wouldn't end, some shots didn't register. Oh boy.

Put game into switch edge test, and the 7th trough switch is doing something odd. First, switches 2-6 register on the matrix as a lit square, but the text/audio doesn't change. Then the 7th switch does nothing by itself, but if any other switch is on, the 7th trough switch will turn that switch off. So at least something is going on with Column 2. So I head to Spooky website to get matrix, and the link is non-existent. It says Click Here for the matrix, but there's no hyperlink. Other things I noticed is that if the target is down, the LD switches won't register, but if it's up, they do. Also, the right upper PF switch doesn't register and the far left outlane switch doesn't register. Next step is to run through the column/row pins test to make sure it's not a board issue, but without a matrix I'm flying blind.

Does anyone have a picture of the matrix that maybe they downloaded before?

Can anyone confirm if the trough switch column works on their machine in that it changes the switch audio and updates the last switch made?

I hate to bother Spooky on a Sunday, so hopefully I can get it resolved with some help here

#7365 7 years ago

Just an update: I checked every row wire and column wire to ground...no issues there.

I checked every diode on the switches and they all seem to be okay...none shorted. Of course without a matrix I could have missed one. I also jumpered the rows to columns at the board and the board seems to be ok. But again without a matrix to double check, I'm only 80% sure.

#7366 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sigh....My luck is getting worse with RZLE....It seems I can't play a day without facing an issue.
So this morning, playing Dragula, game drained a ball with ball save but nothing happened. Game just sat there going into periodic ball search mode. Took glass off and force fed a ball into shooter lane. Resumed game and noticed weird stuff....modes wouldn't end, some shots didn't register. Oh boy.
Put game into switch edge test, and the 7th trough switch is doing something odd. First, switches 2-6 register on the matrix as a lit square, but the text/audio doesn't change. Then the 7th switch does nothing by itself, but if any other switch is on, the 7th trough switch will turn that switch off. So at least something is going on with Column 2. So I head to Spooky website to get matrix, and the link is non-existent. It says Click Here for the matrix, but there's no hyperlink. Other things I noticed is that if the target is down, the LD switches won't register, but if it's up, they do. Also, the right upper PF switch doesn't register and the far left outlane switch doesn't register. Next step is to run through the column/row pins test to make sure it's not a board issue, but without a matrix I'm flying blind.
Does anyone have a picture of the matrix that maybe they downloaded before?
Can anyone confirm if the trough switch column works on their machine in that it changes the switch audio and updates the last switch made?
I hate to bother Spooky on a Sunday, so hopefully I can get it resolved with some help here

You probably have a shorted upper right PF switch. The front contact can get hit by the ball and bend towards the adjacent center leg and cause the weird trough issues you're seeing. Make sure all of the contacts on the upper right PF switch are not touching and you should be good again.

Switch matrix here:

RZ_Switch_Matrix_Production.pdfRZ_Switch_Matrix_Production.pdf

#7367 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You probably have a shorted upper right PF switch. The front contact can get hit by the ball and bend towards the adjacent center leg and cause the weird trough issues you're seeing. Make sure all of the contacts on the upper right PF switch are not touching and you should be good again.

I had this exact thing happen, switch got bent by getting hit by a ball and had the same issues you are reporting I believe. Was a quick fix, hopefully it is the one.

#7368 7 years ago

Thanks guys, that's exactly what it was. All fixed now. Need a switch condom or something under there to keep that from happening.

#7369 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

That backglass reflection though! lol

Ha ha, That's the wonderful Bill Bailey. I was watching QI

#7370 7 years ago

What do others think about Living Dead Girl mode? I played in a tournament this weekend, was well behind on ball 3, started LDG add a ball, trapped one on the right flipper and then just his jackpot on the Dragula ramp over and over etc. Caught up, won the game, but seemed a little unfair. Should there be a limit on the jackpot shots? I know you can do a similar thing on scared stiff, but interested in others thoughts. The machine held up well with over 30 comp games - and a ton of social ones too!

#7371 7 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

What do others think about Living Dead Girl mode? I played in a tournament this weekend, was well behind on ball 3, started LDG add a ball, trapped one on the right flipper and then just his jackpot on the Dragula ramp over and over etc. Caught up, won the game, but seemed a little unfair. Should there be a limit on the jackpot shots? I know you can do a similar thing on scared stiff, but interested in others thoughts. The machine held up well with over 30 comp games - and a ton of social ones too!

yeah.... i'll be moving the jackpot shots around after so many shots are made

#7372 7 years ago

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

IMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPG

#7373 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Here is how I eliminated air balls from my center target. Removed the foam and put a black post rubber on the back of the target. Had to adjust the switch a bit but it pretty much eliminated all the airballs I was getting.

Why is your drop target so twisted in the slot?

#7374 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why is your drop target so twisted in the slot?

Keeps the ball from hanging up on it if you get behind it without knocking it down. Earlier builds were square and often needed tilting to get a ball unstuck; now the ball search pings the drop target and the ball just rolls out and down to the right flipper.

#7375 7 years ago

And this guy got rounded down with a needle-nose, seems to have the stuck ball issue solved. Will need to play more to be certain.

IMG_0923 (resized).JPGIMG_0923 (resized).JPG

IMG_0925 (resized).JPGIMG_0925 (resized).JPG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7376 7 years ago

#221 to ship out tomorrow. For people keeping up on build dates

#7377 7 years ago

Got my game today. #216. I've been playing it all day with friends. First thing I did was update it to v19 (was at 18) took me a while to figure out how to fully get it into Adult mode though.

First impressions:
It was kicking my ass, but as I learn more, I am definitely getting better at it. Taking advantage of the chop ball save is a fun strategy. That center ramp shot feels great to hit. I like that one way gate above the right outlane, it kind of acts as a good bumper to keep the ball in play. The callouts are so badass it puts that generic random country guy from Stern to shame. (lol, I have a Walking Dead too). Music is obviously kick ass. And that sub-woofer really rumbles the game. I added a shaker motor to my Walking Dead which was a huge improvement, but this game already rocks. I keep forgetting it doesn't have a shaker when the whole game rumbles from the sub-woofer. I hit the house of 1000 corpses multiball. So insane, especially with all of the bumpers. So much fun. 7 ball multiball was a blast with all of the solenoids firing. (I got 1100 corpses on my first corpse multiball) But there is so much more for me to master, I need to finish all of the modes still.

I kind of thought this might be a novelty pin with some great music and callouts. But it's fun as hell. Props to Charlie on the super unique but very fun layout and Fawzma on the excellent code so far.

Loving the layout, code and music / call-outs, really everything. Can't wait for this awesome game to get even more awesome with future code releases.

#7378 7 years ago

Also, I love the fact that AFTER this game sold out, Spooky still added a subwoofer and color display. You already sold out the game, but you still added these unexpected features after the fact. I can't wait for the next game to be announced.

#7379 7 years ago

I apologize if this has already been brought up in this thread, but has anyone added on an external powered subwoofer to this pin? i have read the posts saying the sound is so good that it rattles the glass and owners preferences to opt out of getting a shaker motor for it because of the factory installed speakers. Just wanting to know others thoughts on this.

#7380 7 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

I apologize if this has already been brought up in this thread, but has anyone added on an external powered subwoofer to this pin? i have read the posts saying the sound is so good that it rattles the glass and owners preferences to opt out of getting a shaker motor for it because of the factory installed speakers. Just wanting to know others thoughts on this.

Yes I have a Polk 10" powered sub on mine. It rocks, I turn then internal ones almost off. It makes to much vibration in the cabinet and sounds like poop without a proper box. Subs are made for enclosed cab's not pinball machines. Anyone who tells you different is selling them for money!

#7381 7 years ago

And a comment on the shaker motor - just because a sub shakes the game doesn't mean it's a substitute for a shaker motor. Shaker motors are programmed to activate during certain game events and do not necessarily correlate with bass. A subwoofer is no substitute for a shaker motor.

#7382 7 years ago

Hurray! my RZ arrived!

IMG_2948 (resized).jpgIMG_2948 (resized).jpg

#7383 7 years ago

Oh crap, that sucks. I've been there (not with RZ) so I hope it all works out for you.

#7384 7 years ago

#7385 7 years ago

A damaged RZ or any NIB pin makes me sad... keep us posted...

#7386 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Yes I have a Polk 10" powered sub on mine. It rocks, I turn then internal ones almost off. It makes to much vibration in the cabinet and sounds like poop without a proper box. Subs are made for enclosed cab's not pinball machines. Anyone who tells you different is selling them for money!

Unfortunately, game room rules at my house strictly forbid anything under the pins, so no external subs for me. I will agree that you can get a lot more low frequency punch in an external sub which is built for proper low frequencies. I have added amps to a couple of my pins, but I cannot create as good of a sound as I can with an external sub. However, I am very happy with the audio on RZ right out of the box. It beats all of the other Stern machines I own and is on par with my WoZ which sits right next to it. Just my opinion...I am not an expert. I hope Spooky can continue delivering pins with Flipper Fidelity speakers installed. I put them in all of my pins, so it was nice to see them already installed.

#7387 7 years ago

They said it is my fault

IMG_2964 (resized).jpgIMG_2964 (resized).jpg

#7388 7 years ago

As you can see the apron also broken down!

#7389 7 years ago
Quoted from Zsozso:

They said it is my fault

They, the shipping company, I suppose?

#7390 7 years ago

Get in touch with Spooky, they will help make it right. This is clearly shipping damage and not your fault. I can't quite tell but what part of the game is that broken wood piece sticking out?

#7391 7 years ago

We've had some minor freight damage as anyone could expect... but NOTHING as bad as this in 4 years we've been in business. It looked like it fell off a truck, and the truck backed over it so see what the noise was.

And yes... we are willing to help get this right, but this is currently between the buyer and the seller (which wasn't us) to sort out.

#7392 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

They, the shipping company, I suppose?

Also, what company was that?

#7393 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We've had some minor freight damage as anyone could expect... but NOTHING as bad as this in 4 years we've been in business. It looked like it fell off a truck, and the truck backed over it so see what the noise was.
And yes... we are willing to help get this right, but this is currently between the buyer and the seller (which wasn't us) to sort out.

Thanks for clarifying that Charlie....You know, I don't think anyone put 2 and 2 together, but we should have, as your games came in a box, and weren't shrink wrapped like that. We all just assumed it came from Spooky, not even considering a private sale. Kudos to you guys for helping the buyer out, but yeah, it's between him, the seller and the shipper.

#7394 7 years ago

Just got my RZ set up. # 223. Something strange, I was wondering about my fried chicken pop up bumper seems to activate alot.
Even when ball doesnt come in contact.

Also I didnt see the service manual. Is one available?

#7395 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Just got my RZ set up. # 223. Something strange, I was wondering about my fried chicken pop up bumper seems to activate alot.

Probably a simple switch adjustment. If it's not gapped properly then other vibrations or another pop bumper activating could be enough to set it off.

I don't know if there is a service manual but there is some info on Spooky's website. There are lamp and switch matrices available but you don't need those to adjust a pop bumper switch.

#7396 7 years ago

I'm a huge Rob Zombie & Pinball fan. I ordered this machine (which will be the first I own) and am on the waitlist to get it. Looking forward to it.

#7397 7 years ago

Got my Rob Zombie Spookshow International yesterday! Very excited! #202

IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG

#7398 7 years ago
Quoted from bman46:

I'm a huge Rob Zombie & Pinball fan. I ordered this machine (which will be the first I own) and am on the waitlist to get it. Looking forward to it.

Congrats! I'm almost in the same boat. Found pinside after hearing about RZ. Own 7 pins right now and a virtual table from vpcabs. You've been warned

#7399 7 years ago

What will you do when you open the box and find this? You will be alone.

kis képek (1) (resized).JPGkis képek (1) (resized).JPG

#7400 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Some quirks with mine:

I noticed on mine when it is doing a ball check, the fried chicken pop bumper registers as a hit when it fires the solenoid. Interestingly, it continues to check for a ball. To me it suggests a code issue in my case. Score wise, it registers as a hit, but logically the game knows the switch wasn't hit, or it wouldn't continue to search for the ball.

Sometimes I get two balls in the shooter lane, instead of one.

Twice I've had the game go silent/dark when it ejects a saved ball and the flippers were completely dead. Game goes back to normal when the ball drains.

I need to fix the airballs in my machine though, I have noticed significant pitting on the playfield. Most of it is coming from the post target with the "2" in front of it, I think.

All of these things rarely interrupt gameplay though, I've probably put on well over 100 games in the past few days.
It's one of those where you just keep wanting to play one more game. Loving it, and I know we'll get the rare issues worked out at some point.

(Running V19 btw)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.