By Russell

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 8,297 posts
  • 554 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by zombywoof

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

1pqagk (resized).jpg
71552702 (resized).jpg
IMG_3508 (resized).JPG
IMG_1541 (resized).JPG
IMG_1540 (resized).JPG
IMG_1538 (resized).JPG
IMG_5983 (resized).JPG
20170521_171058 (resized).jpg
IMG_0254 (resized).JPG
20170519_013730 (resized).jpg

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8297 posts in topic. You are on page 147 of 167.
#7301 3 months ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Received my blades from pinball side mirrors. I notice they do not fully cover due to stepped cut out in back. Is this what others have as well? Trying to see if I did not get correct ones. Have not heard back from PSM yet. Here's pic.

That's not too bad. I bought the official pinblades and believe me they are far from custom fit. At least mine could be trimmed somewhat I suppose. I wanted to get the mirror blades but after sending 4 emails regarding international shipping with no reply I gave up and got pinblades instead. All I can say is, whilst we have both bought products that aren't exactly a perfect fit....it's far better than black sides.

#7302 3 months ago
Quoted from Dutts:

That's not too bad. I bought the official pinblades and believe me they are far from custom fit. At least mine could be trimmed somewhat I suppose. I wanted to get the mirror blades but after sending 4 emails regarding international shipping with no reply.

Thanks for the response. I guess they are not cutting custom RZ blades and must be using something close. Their responsiveness definitely lacks if non existent.

#7303 3 months ago

Anyone know the most recent pin number out the door at Spooky?

#7304 3 months ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Am I the only one who immediately hears Black Sabbath's Nativity in Black whenever he reads the initials NIB? In any case, #209 came off of the truck today. It's my first new pin. In fact, it's my first one that was built more recently than the Reagan administration I bought RZ in part because of the homage to old school game-play, but more importantly, I bought it because I really appreciate the Spooky story.
Sláinte

Looks like #209 was delivered a few days ago.
I'm starting to get excited only 27 more until mine ships!

#7305 3 months ago

Mine was shipped on Thursday, #217.

#7306 3 months ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Anyone know the most recent pin number out the door at Spooky?

218 is finished, picking it up on Thurs.

#7307 3 months ago
Quoted from Dutts:

I bought the official pinblades and believe me they are far from custom fit.

I didn't realize the"official" ones were available yet... are these from Spooky or the ones from Tilt?

#7308 3 months ago
Quoted from emkay:

I didn't realize the"official" ones were available yet... are these from Spooky or the ones from Tilt?

Yep from Tilt.

#7309 3 months ago

Just realised yesterday that you can achieve HO1KC twice in one ball. You just need to hit the drop target twice each time to qualify lock the second time around. Had no idea this was implemented, so cool. Have racked up nearly 500 games in the last 3 weeks and haven't lost my lust for it yet. Starting to pull off orbit shots more often when it counts but over all still hard as HELL!.. But fun as F#$K!

#7310 3 months ago

Anyone else with a RZ have any issues with the ball getting stuck in the orbit behind the drop target? For me, it only happens when it circles the orbit very slowly. It also get stuck HARD. I have to lift the pf in order to free it. Any suggestions? I think it might be getting hung on on a switch but I haven't checked that yet.

Similar to every other NIB pinball I have bought, there are a small number of tweaks required to get the game dialed in. Some folks freak out over this (drama queens) but I just make the adjustments and go back to playing.

Starting to understand the rules a bit more, and as expected, the game keeps getting better and better. The taunts by Sid Haig are hilarious...Hands down, this game has the BEST call-outs of any pinball to date (IMHO).

#7311 3 months ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Anyone else with a RZ have any issues with the ball getting stuck in the orbit behind the drop target? For me, it only happens when it circles the orbit very slowly. It also get stuck HARD. I have to lift the pf in order to free it. Any suggestions? I think it might be getting hung on on a switch but I haven't checked that yet.
Similar to every other NIB pinball I have bought, there are a small number of tweaks required to get the game dialed in. Some folks freak out over this (drama queens) but I just make the adjustments and go back to playing.
Starting to understand the rules a bit more, and as expected, the game keeps getting better and better. The taunts by Sid Haig are hilarious...Hands down, this game has the BEST call-outs of any pinball to date (IMHO).

I've never had a ball get stuck in that orbit, but I have had a ball (multiple?) smash one of the switches under there, leading to all the prongs touching and causing issues with the upper playfield at times (WHAT? would only start on a 2nd attempt, gas or chicken not always registering, etc.). Fixed after lifting the upper field to bend the pins back.

#7312 3 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've never had a ball get stuck in that orbit, but I have had a ball (multiple?) smash one of the switches under there, leading to all the prongs touching and causing issues with the upper playfield at times (WHAT? would only start on a 2nd attempt, gas or chicken not always registering, etc.). Fixed after lifting the upper field to bend the pins back.

Same happened to me. The switch was in the same row as one of the trough switches so I couldn't even start a game as it couldn't detect all balls present with the upper PF switch short. I was able to use an electricians wire fishing hook to reach underneath and pull the tab back without removing the upper PF. The other switch is not accessible though and would require upper PF removal to correct.

#7313 3 months ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Yes, there are a couple of reports in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/120#post-3329829

#7314 3 months ago
Quoted from herg:

Yes, there are a couple of reports in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/120#post-3329829

Thanks.. Looks like all I need to do is adjust the guide a little bit..

#7315 3 months ago

Oh hey, how'd y'all know what I was working on today? I haven't found a spot where the guide needs adjusted yet but the ball will sit up on this switch if you send it there slowly enough. I've gotten good at sending a second ball up after it to knock it loose, only dropping the playfield glass halfway down and leaving the coin door open so I can return my ball to the shooter lane and resume my game. I think the one on location near me has been down for the same issue the past week or two.

IMG_0338 (resized).JPG

IMG_0344 (resized).JPG

#7316 3 months ago

See how the switch isn't quite centered in the lane? I'm wondering if a little ball spin makes it bind up on the switch, because when it's in there good I can't shake it loose. That's the next adjustment I'm going to try.

If you're going in, it's much easier to disconnect all the upper playfield and ramp wire connectors under the playfield before you start turning screws. The red/orange/black wires to the clown servo don't seem to be easily disconnected. Same with the LDG lighting but it unscrews from the assembly.

#7317 3 months ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Thanks.. Looks like all I need to do is adjust the guide a little bit..

In my case, yeah, I just bent the ball guide slightly.

#7318 3 months ago

My RZ gets stuck balls in the inner orbit as well. Only sometimes and only on weak shots. I think it's the switch. I've tried adjusting the switch more than once, and I'm pretty sure my adjustments have helped to lessen the frequency of occurences, but I have yet to find the sweet spot that cures the problem 100%. You can't bend the switch down too much or it won't register.

I do have 1 helpful tip though. There's a much easier way to free the ball. No need to remove the glass. Just left the pin a little bit from the right side (tilting toward the drop target side), set it back down and the ball will roll gently out. I can typically do this without tilting and continue playing the ball.

#7319 3 months ago

What kind of switch is used on the underside? I know cherry used to make three or four different button weights. Meaning less or more pressure to activate it. Also is portportinal to amperage. Have you ever noticed the button a different color. But those were full sized micro switches.

#7320 3 months ago

Just noticing that if you are in a mode such as Dead city Radio, and you trap the ball, all the "indicator" lights go off. If you are just learning the rules, can be off-putting. Happens with most ball traps too. Is it necessary?

#7321 3 months ago

It is almost like the switch needs to be a different shape as it seems to get stuck on the high point of the switch and the start of the slit in the PF.

#7322 3 months ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Just noticing that if you are in a mode such as Dead city Radio, and you trap the ball, all the "indicator" lights go off. If you are just learning the rules, can be off-putting. Happens with most ball traps too. Is it necessary?

Agreed, very off putting.

#7323 3 months ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I'm going to get rid of this "feature" when I get the score display implemented properly.

#7324 3 months ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

It is almost like the switch needs to be a different shape as it seems to get stuck on the high point of the switch and the start of the slit in the PF.

You could probably replace it with a Stern type switch with a rounded lever.

rd

IMG_4283 (resized).JPG

#7325 3 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You could probably replace it with a Stern type switch with a rounded lever.
rd

That was what I was thinking, at least with the shape.

#7326 3 months ago

Only thing we would need to look at is how that affects the balls coming though that return entering the top of that orbit.

#7327 3 months ago

try turning the switch around

#7328 3 months ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I originally had a problem with the ball guides being too narrow, so you may need to take the ramp off and check that. I was still having issues with slow balls, and found the problem is the spooky switches are tight enough to hold a ball there. So I replaced the switch with a WPC era lane guide switch. It takes much less force to close the switch so the balls don't get stuck. After doing this I had a ball try to stick once, but a gentle rocking of the game (didn't even tilt) and it came out. I'm considering the problem on my machine solved.

#7329 3 months ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I originally had a problem with the ball guides being too narrow, so you may need to take the ramp off and check that. I was still having issues with slow balls, and found the problem is the spooky switches are tight enough to hold a ball there. So I replaced the switch with a WPC era lane guide switch. It takes much less force to close the switch so the balls don't get stuck. After doing this I had a ball try to stick once, but a gentle rocking of the game (didn't even tilt) and it came out. I'm considering the problem on my machine solved.

Which P/N switch did you replace it with for future reference?

#7330 3 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Which P/N switch did you replace it with for future reference?

I believe it was #5647-12693-19. However, my workbench is currently full of wiring harnesses and switches (building/restoring a CCC) and I just grabbed one. You'll notice the lever is on the adjustments closer to the switch side. This also helps the switch activate with less force. Instead of trying to resuse the plastic switch bracket, I used an older williams metal one too. Again because I have about 50 of them sitting on my workbench so I assembled (add a diode) and adjusted the switch before going to RZ and soldering it in place. I threw the original where the coin box should be. Still need to order a box for the heck of it.

Even very fast balls through the lock loop register all the time which was also an annoyance I had, but harder to prove. I'm probably going to change any other hidden switches too when I get around to it. I believe the hidden passage has a potential to catch a ball, but it shakes out of there easier with the alignment it has (parallel to the sloped playfield). Pretty sure changing to these 'better' switches will stop any chance of it getting hung up.

#7331 3 months ago

A horizontal switch i a designer error in a pinball machine. i hope they don't do that again.

#7332 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

A horizontal switch i a designer error in a pinball machine. i hope they don't do that again.

Same thought crossed my mind. Those slots in the ball guide lead me to believe they intended the switches to be parallel to the playfield at one point.

#7333 3 months ago
Quoted from emkay:

Same thought crossed my mind. Those slots in the ball guide lead me to believe they intended the switches to be parallel to the playfield at one point.

An opto would be the correct answer if you're going to have one. No playfield slot or switch to get the ball hung on.

#7334 3 months ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

An opto would be the correct answer if you're going to have one. No playfield slot or switch to get the ball hung on.

I think you'd find 99% of orbits use a normal switch, no different to RZ.

I think the switch is too high spring tension, and the lever type doesn't help.

I am pretty sure I have a new stern type round lever switch at home, I'll grab it in the weekend and swap it over and see what happens.

rd

#7335 3 months ago

We have played well over 1000 games on mine (#141) and for what it's worth, I can only remember maybe 2 or 3 times the ball has ever got stuck in the corpses lock orbit. When it did i don't remember much more than a nudge to get it free.

I apologize if Fawzma has ever answered this, I know it's been asked several times, will the corpses drop target progression continue to reset after LDG? Might be a nice option in settings if possible. My wife loves the game and that is because how you start the add a balls in for LDG, however she has never gotten close to Corpses. I think the drop not resetting could help to allow some of us, by choice, more easily get there. Lock should go out during LDG, just after return drop to position it was.

Another one is the ability to restart a game before Ball 3 drains?? Not sure why this would not be a function?

#7336 3 months ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Another one is the ability to restart a game before Ball 3 drains?? Not sure why this would not be a function?

Because it's cheating? Haha. I don't see the need for it. I've turned it off on all my games that have it. The worst thing in the world is a game restarting because of the start button being pressed during a competition or an amazing game.

#7337 3 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think you'd find 99% of orbits use a normal switch, no different to RZ.
I think the switch is too high spring tension, and the lever type doesn't help.
I am pretty sure I have a new stern type round lever switch at home, I'll grab it in the weekend and swap it over and see what happens.
rd

True, but those switches are at the beginning or end of an orbit and parallel to the slope of the playfield. This one is at the top most arc and perpendicular to the slope of the playfield (it's almost horizontal). It's really a bad location for a mechanical switch.

#7338 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it's cheating? Haha. I don't see the need for it. I've turned it off on all my games that have it. The worst thing in the world is a game restarting because of the start button being pressed during a competition or an amazing game.

The option would be nice.

#7339 3 months ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Play all balls like they were your last, never give up on a game. Some of my best games have been when ball one drained quick.

#7340 3 months ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Play all balls like they were your last, never give up on a game. Some of my best games have been when ball one drained quick.

I do appreciate the motivation, but why not a feature? It's not like it allows you to pad a score? Also would be nice when a youngster starts a 4 player game.

#7341 3 months ago

Oh I don't have a problem with the option.

#7342 3 months ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Received my blades from pinball side mirrors. I notice they do not fully cover due to stepped cut out in back. Is this what others have as well? Trying to see if I did not get correct ones. Have not heard back from PSM yet. Here's pic.

Looks correct- it's not the greatest, cleanest, fit. But it certainly gets the job done

#7343 3 months ago

218 out the door today, along with 15 others.

Big Thanks to everyone at Spooky!

#7344 3 months ago

One of 16 games shipped was a Domino's.

#7345 3 months ago

I’m still getting to know the game, but am really pleased so far! Spooky is the real deal.

The shots are pretty tight, and just slightly off from where I want to shoot instinctively. With the spread-out pops and extra slings to add chaos, there is really no room for much slop. I’m not very used to playing with silicone rubbers and the flippers are really bouncy.

I have had no balls stick in the orbits, even at very slow speeds. The first night I had the game I did have one get past the rubber on the right sling during LDG add-a-ball. It took me ten minutes or so before I finally found it.

I am seeing a couple of minor quirks. On two or three occasions I got the Ball Saved graphic immediately after the ball was ejected into the shooter lane. Also, I definitely have had House of 1k Corpses lock the ball when the drop target was still up (running v19). I'm guessing switch issues. Any suggestions from those who have already dialed in?

#7346 3 months ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Also, I definitely have had House of 1k Corpses lock the ball when the drop target was still up (running v19). I'm guessing switch issues. Any suggestions from those who have already dialed in?

What's happening is, you dropped the target and the lock is waiting. You start some other mode, then finish. Drop target goes up (need to check for the need). You shoot behind the target and the lock is granted, because technically it was still waiting. I don't have a machine in front of me, if someone would like to confirm.

#7347 3 months ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

What's happening is, you dropped the target and the lock is waiting. You start some other mode, then finish. Drop target goes up (need to check for the need). You shoot behind the target and the lock is granted, because technically it was still waiting. I don't have a machine in front of me, if someone would like to confirm.

Sounds right .From what I have noticed the game lets you know when you can sneak a lock in there by having the number of the ball to be locked flashing even though the drop target is up .

#7348 3 months ago

That sounds logical. I'll pay closer attention next time I see it.

#7349 3 months ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Here's a video, yes this is correct(sorry for the poor camera work).

» YouTube video

#7350 3 months ago

Also noticed what appears to be a bug. Once you get through 1000 corpses and you're working on the second round of knocking down drop targets. The 1st lock light on number one doesn't appear to flash in sequence until drop is hit.

» YouTube video

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 8297 posts in topic. You are on page 147 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.