2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 223.
#7151 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Yes. They are used in Living Dead Girl mode as the switch multiplier.

I think you mean 1000 corpse mode switch multiplier. They are also used in Dead City Radio. After you beat the mode, clear those 2 targets to collect "godzilla" their dog.

#7152 7 years ago

You also have to clear the X targets during Demonoid Phenomenon.

#7153 7 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

I don't post often but just want to say, If you have any issues or questions just email Charlie. He is always very quick to respond, and beyond helpful. I goofed up my trough when my playfield slipped and he was there to check in with every step of the way till the problem was solved.
Love the games or not your style, you can't deny, spooky is a class act, humble and always takes the high road. I love what they have done and can't wait to see where they go with the next game.
I personally love this game, and it's differences, it reminds me of late 80s early 90s pinball that got me hooked in the first place.
Thanks for taking the risk and always being so easy to work with.

Couldn't agree more with this. I couldn't be more pleased with every interaction I've had with Charlie.

#7154 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I think you mean 1000 corpse mode switch multiplier. They are also used in Dead City Radio. After you beat the mode, clear those 2 targets to collect "godzilla" their dog.

Yes I meant 1000 corpse mode, thanks

#7155 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You also have to clear the X targets during Demonoid Phenomenon.

Which SUCKS, can the code please be changed to just hit one of the targets instead of both in this mode! There is no easy way to hit them without luck and it always kills me trying to get them on Demonoid Phenomenon. I basically avoid that mode cause of this.

#7156 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Which SUCKS, can the code please be changed to just hit one of the targets instead of both in this mode! There is no easy way to hit them without luck and it always kills me trying to get them on Demonoid Phenomenon. I basically avoid that mode cause of this.

I disagree with this. Some modes should be harder/luckier than others. If anything I'd say make demonoid points a little higher to counterbalance the X target difficulty.

#7157 7 years ago

I've been noticing something odd with the display the past week or two. I tend to leave my machines powered on and pretty consistently when I grab my first game after work, it seems like the display frame memory has gotten corrupted or something. Either the entire display will be blank or there will be multiple layers of text over top of each other with a big box in the middle that stays blank. Playing through a game or two doesn't fix it, only cycling the power seems to do the trick - problem stays away until the next day... I can take more pictures but essentially the score and text layers seem to show up but no graphic modes.

IMG_0868 (resized).JPGIMG_0868 (resized).JPG

#7158 7 years ago

FawzmaGames could you add an option to remove the "FREE PLAY" text overlay when game is set to free play?

#7159 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

8 is considered 2 bucks.. are people paying more than that to get extra plays? I'll increase it if theres demand. Just waiting on feedback on how this setup works.

I've seen some instances where it's 6/$5, so I don't think you can plan out all of the options with ease. Would it be easier to have a standard and then a bonus setting where you can just say "X number of currency for Y number of plays" for both. Example using the $5 option. "1 play for $.75" and that's it. Or "1 play for $1" BONUS: "6 plays for $5".

I'm trying to be vague with terms because you have games in the US and games in Australia. They both use a dollar, but those dollars are not 1. Same thing with any games that made their way to Canada.

#7160 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

fawzmagames could you add an option to remove the "FREE PLAY" text overlay when game is set to free play?

easy enough.. noted

#7161 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I've been noticing something odd with the display the past week or two. I tend to leave my machines powered on and pretty consistently when I grab my first game after work, it seems like the display frame memory has gotten corrupted or something. Either the entire display will be blank or there will be multiple layers of text over top of each other with a big box in the middle that stays blank. Playing through a game or two doesn't fix it, only cycling the power seems to do the trick - problem stays away until the next day... I can take more pictures but essentially the score and text layers seem to show up but no graphic modes.

This is happening in attract mode that sits for hours with no interaction, right? How many hours are we talking?

#7162 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

8 is considered 2 bucks.. are people paying more than that to get extra plays? I'll increase it if theres demand. Just waiting on feedback on how this setup works.

I would prefer at least a max of 20 to incent inserting 5's. I do this with Stern and WMS games.

#7164 7 years ago
Quoted from Ryanx0r:

Thank you whoever passed on 191! It will be shipping out to me this week. Very excited to have my own after playing it at SFGE and the local barcade.

Quoted from herg:

You're welcome. A friend had #69, and I decided to shortcut my wait when he decided to sell. Congrats on your game.

I passed on it also lol....glad someone that wanted it got it....

#7165 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This is happening in attract mode that sits for hours with no interaction, right? How many hours are we talking?

Most commonly it would have been sitting from my last play around midnight until I get home from work around 5pm but last night I cold booted the machine and then experienced the glitch 2-3 hours later. I don't always notice it right away but the telltale sign is when I send a ball up the left orbit and nothing happens. I've learned that it's on the mode display screen and I can blindly select a mode and continue but from that point on the score and other text boxes will persist on top of each other and if I get to the high score entry screen the letter selection box in the center will be black.

#7166 7 years ago

Couple of features I'd like to see added to the software:

Reply Award Setting: Sets the award given for reaching the Reply Score. Choices are "Credit" (default), "Extra Ball", "Extra Ball Lit", and None.

Ball Save on Door Open: Yes/No Option, when Yes if the coin door is open ball saver is active. When the coin door is shut, ball saver will time out as if the ball was just plunged for the first time.

Tilt Disabled on Door Open: Yes/No Option. If the door is open, the game will not tilt.

The two door options are useful in tournament play to deal with a ball getting stuck with minimal interruption to play. The reply award is an option I use on my Williams/Stern games at home to give reply some 'value' since they're on free play and thus a credit is meaningless.

#7167 7 years ago

It did it again today and I paid more attention, noting that the skill shot animation is also missing when a new game is started. Rebooted and the attract mode video is doing this:

Any ideas? I'm starting to wonder if I don't have some sort of data corruption on my memory card.

#7168 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It did it again today and I paid more attention, noting that the skill shot animation is also missing when a new game is started. Rebooted and the attract mode video is doing this:
» YouTube video
Any ideas? I'm starting to wonder if I don't have some sort of data corruption on my memory card.

Very add indeed. With machine off, make sure the display cable is plugged in good on both ends, back of display and main board.

If you have a class 10 sd card, put a fresh copy of the game in it and see how things go.

#7169 7 years ago

I have started the What mode a number of times and when Spaulding moves over and the ball goes in the hole and falls to the playfield, it doesn't start multi-ball. Is there something about the mode that I am missing? (e.g. do I have to shoot the ramp or the left inner loop, etc before the multi ball starts?)

#7170 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I have started the What mode a number of times and when Spaulding moves over and the ball goes in the hole and falls to the playfield, it doesn't start multi-ball. Is there something about the mode that I am missing? (e.g. do I have to shoot the ramp or the left inner loop, etc before the multi ball starts?)

That should be enough to start a 2 ball. I suggest checking the switches near the playfield exit.

#7171 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yup. Beating a dead horse now with the UV GI lighting. It looks fantastic in person.

To be honest, I posted before getting to the end of the thread. My mistake for not going back and deleting that post.

#7172 7 years ago

Now that Jetsons is on the table, will we be seeing the anticipated code update with rule, sound and animation updates anytime soon?

#7173 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Now that Jetsons is on the table, will we be seeing the anticipated code update with rule, sound and animation updates anytime soon?

Once Jetsons is shipped, the pressure won't be there and I can get back to updating RZ more often. RZ V019 is being put to the test, I hope to hear how it held up over the weekend, tommorow.

#7174 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Had done the same for me a few times. Was just a switch not engaging.

#7175 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Once Jetsons is shipped, the pressure won't be there and I can get back to updating RZ more often. RZ V019 is being put to the test, I hope to hear how it held up over the weekend, tommorow.

Thx Fawzma! Looking forward to it! Pretty fascinating for you guys to go from adult/RZ to family friendly/Jets. Exciting times.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7176 7 years ago

Did I miss something? Did Spooky announce the next pin as "Jetson's"?

I own both RZ & AMH. Glad to be part of the Spooky family

#7177 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Did I miss something? Did Spooky announce the next pin as "Jetson's"?
I own both RZ & AMH. Glad to be part of the Spooky family

I believe the story is- It got leaked by the Pinball Company, who is assisting with distribution

#7178 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I believe the story is- It got leaked by the Pinball Company, who is assisting with distribution

Not quite, it is a contract game that Pinball Company is having Spooky manufacture. It is not Spooky #3. It's a simpler game intended for a family game room that is kid friendly. It's a great idea and I hope it does well.

Speaking of RZ and kids (parent of year right ), any chance RZ has an add a ball buy in that I missed? Then I can 'handicap' a player during a multiplayer game by giving them an extra ball or two. My son likes the game, but it just kicks his butt so when we both play I pretty much always win which annoys him.

#7179 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

This happens on mine sometimes as well. I don' think it only occurs from sitting a long time. It happened on mine when I quickly exited from the menu the other day. It has happened on other occasions as well.

#7180 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This happens on mine sometimes as well. I don' think it only occurs from sitting a long time. It happened on mine when I quickly exited from the menu the other day. It has happened on other occasions as well.

Yeah mine has taken a turn for the worse, now does this in between games pretty frequently. Kills the sound and graphic animations and now has started randomly scoring that damn laughing skull. I had over 110 million on my first ball before I noticed... Hoping tonight to have the time to redo the SD card.

#7181 7 years ago

For the 3rd game or next release. The Munsters would be great title.

#7182 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Yeah mine has taken a turn for the worse, now does this in between games pretty frequently. Kills the sound and graphic animations and now has started randomly scoring that damn laughing skull. I had over 110 million on my first ball before I noticed... Hoping tonight to have the time to redo the SD card.

I'll wait to see the results from your card being redone. Also make sure you don't have any stuck switches (especially in the lower lanes)

#7183 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll wait to see the results from your card being redone. Also make sure you don't have any stuck switches (especially in the lower lanes)

Yup, flashing it up to 18/7 from 16/6 did the trick on the video and audio glitches. Switch 33 was stuck as well.

I really do appreciate you being here for us David, even on the simple stuff.

#7184 7 years ago

When you get to work in the morning and your husband decides to tease you by sending you a pic of what got delivered after you left this morning. #longday :p

rzpin (resized).jpgrzpin (resized).jpg

#7185 7 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

When you get to work in the morning and your husband decides to tease you by sending you a pic of what got delivered after you left this morning. #longday :p

Feeling sick?

#7186 7 years ago

Hi everyone

My RZ pinball is on the way soon and I'm super excited. I signed up for all the mods straight from the factory, and I already have the laseriffic topper waiting here at home. Wanted to know if anyone had come up with any other mods beside the aforementioned factory direct ones and these:

RGB interactive Lockdown Bar
Pingulps
Pinblades (does anyone have video or photos of the pinblades installed in their RZ?)
Mezel Mods TV (bloody)

Also - I want to keep this thing in mint condition. Short of not playing it, what do I need to do? Cliffys? What else? Any protective measures I can take, I'd like to.

Finally - where does everyone get that special non-glare glass?

Thanks for helping me out with my first home machine.

-Creech

#7187 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Hi everyone
My RZ pinball is on the way soon and I'm super excited. I signed up for all the mods straight from the factory, and I already have the laseriffic topper waiting here at home. Wanted to know if anyone had come up with any other mods beside the aforementioned factory direct ones and these:
Pingulps
Pinblades (does anyone have video or photos of the pinblades installed in their RZ?)
Mezel Mods TV (bloody)
Also - I want to keep this thing in mint condition. Short of not playing it, what do I need to do? Cliffys? What else? Any protective measures I can take, I'd like to.
-Creech

My #1 suggestion would be plastic protectors if you didn't get them factory installed.

#7188 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Hi everyone
Pingulps
Mezel Mods TV (bloody)
-Creech

UV GI lighting is a good purchase just looks bad in photos but great in person. I installed the game blades and they make the machine pop a lot more than just black sides but I would prefer mirror blades but couldn't get them delivered to Australia.
Also regarding condition dont sweat it too much, just enjoy the machine. The more you stress about it staying mint the less you'll rock out and have fun with it. Clean it regularly and change balls regularly.

#7189 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Also - I want to keep this thing in mint condition. Short of not playing it, what do I need to do? Cliffys? What else? Any protective measures

I'll get a few pictures of my Pinblades after I get home from work. Really dresses up the game nicely and helps illuminate everything a little more.
I havent seen anyone with Cliffy protectors (nothing specific for RZ).
I've picked my inivisiglass from PinballLife.

#7190 7 years ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

#7191 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Which # are you? I just got the email from KT a few days ago, #216 here and I'm super stoked. I did the plastics and toy light kit upgrade, got a few things on the side, not sure if I should get a shaker or not, I remember playing AMH and it felt like there was a shaker in the game when the sound was turned up, and this has an even bigger sub, so maybe I don't need it.

#7192 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Which # are you? I just got the email from KT a few days ago, #216 here and I'm super stoked. I did the plastics and toy light kit upgrade, got a few things on the side, not sure if I should get a shaker or not, I remember playing AMH and it felt like there was a shaker in the game when the sound was turned up, and this has an even bigger sub, so maybe I don't need it.

I held off on a shaker to see if the comments were true that it already shakes from the sub woofer. The rumours were true!
Play it a while first, see what you think before committing.

#7193 7 years ago

With Dominoes and now Jetsons, plus #3 on the way, can Spooky (Fawzma) comment on projected schedule for code completion? Seems our programmer is getting stretched thin. The code changes to date have been great, but there are some areas that need serious attention (Final Wizard mode, infection mode, etc). Wondering if Game #300 is going to ship before the code is completed?

#7194 7 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Hi everyone
Pingulps
Mezel Mods TV (bloody)
-Creech

Did you see my game/post(s)?

#7195 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

With Dominoes and now Jetsons, plus #3 on the way, can Spooky (Fawzma) comment on projected schedule for code completion? Seems our programmer is getting stretched thin. The code changes to date have been great, but there are some areas that need serious attention (Final Wizard mode, infection mode, etc). Wondering if Game #300 is going to ship before the code is completed?

no schedule will be made, as they will ultimately not be met.

There are things being looked at or fixed that are not being released yet.

Infection will need to be looked at again based on tests I've conducted. Basically, I wanted to to be able to control the power of the flippers to give the illusion you are getting weaker. This is a technical impossibility. I can only control the power if I treat them like another other coil in the game. This mean, you won't have any hold control.

This also brings up another point related to some feedback we've gotten about the ball hitting the flipper then flinging back up. This is a natural effect caused by the break in the end of stroke and the coil regaining position. The ball bounces just enough that when the coil refires to the hold position, the flipper adds to the momentum of the bounce. This has been tested on other games, with the same results. RZ is pretty fast, so this effect is amplified.

The only commitment I'll make is, I won't give up on this or any of these other games till we truly feel they are done and rules are implemented as designed.

#7196 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

no schedule will be made, as they will ultimately not be met.

Thank you for the honest answer.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The only commitment I'll make is, I won't give up on this or any of these other games till we truly feel they are done and rules are implemented as designed.

From what I've seen of AMH, I can only believe this is true. The game is good as-is, and a few tweaks could make it very good. I hope you won't leave out some of the nitpicky issues like the knocker firing twice, etc. Of course, this could already be addressed, as I'm still running v15.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

the ball hitting the flipper then flinging back up.

This does seem to happen more on RZ and AMH than any other game I can remember playing. My AFM, for example, a full speed shot around the orbit can hit a held flipper and the flipper doesn't budge. The ball will bounce off the rubber, but the flipper itself doesn't move. Is the hold coil the same size and voltage as WPC games?

#7197 7 years ago

I was #204 and it was delivered on 2/1.

#7198 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Appreciate the feedback...Can we assume that currently you are the only coder for Spooky? Will that continue or does Charlie foresee adding additional resources?

#7199 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Appreciate the feedback...Can we assume that currently you are the only coder for Spooky? Will that continue or does Charlie foresee adding additional resources?

Ben mentioned that he will code his own next game. I am assuming he meant that will be a Spooky game.

#7200 7 years ago

V019 is going back out for testing again.

I've added a half step to the load coil setting. Really trying to get the balls to eject good the first time.
I've also nailed down the phantom tilt issue, this will also apply to the flippers as well.
Corpse mode force save reduced from 30 seconds to 20. This is to help save on the load coil.

Once testing is complete, I'll be converting the shooter lane warning message to a dot. You'll be able to see what the warning was through the operator menu.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 20.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/144?hl=chancekj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.