Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 210.
#7101 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stage 1.75 complete:
-PDI glass
-mirror blades added
-my own take on instr cards
-five spotlights added
-laseriffic flame (AC/DC) flipper toppers
-much better GI from comet sunlight opmax
-orange flasher domes
-red mini flipper rubber
This adds up to a dramatically better looking/lit game imo.

Holy grape juice!!!

#7102 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Holy grape juice!!!

RandomKG,
I love what you have done with tons of your games in the past and most look amazing, I've tried unsuccessfully to buy 2 of them now(XMLE and LOTR) . I just still think drowning out a playfield in one color looks so bad like on this RZ and in your Hobbit and whatnot. The work you do on games is amazing I think on some of these the extra lighting you add that drowns out the awesome art on some of these games that make them look so great in combination with everything else you do. I like additional lighting on games if it is a white or neutral addition to small parts of a game but I feel the colors sometimes just drown out the rest of the game and the art on it. Just an opinion, it is obviously your game and your preference how it looks in the end.

In either case RZ is an awesome game and hope you enjoy yours, I do mine still and excited for much more to come still!

#7103 2 years ago

For what it's worth, the Pinball Refinery UV GI lighting kit always looks way more purple on camera than in person. I do agree on all of the additional lighting though, too much for me. IMO the UV GI lighting kit alone is plenty of lighting for the entire playfield but to each his own.

#7104 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys! Fwiw, as far as colors go, the only I added a cpl blues (not counting the EL paper/wire), on top of refinery UV GI. Everything else is white and/or sunlight spotlights and opmax sunlight bayonet GI.

While brighter than stock, the game is still plenty dim overall in person as Spooky intended!

Just a cpl tiny overly custom things left to do on my RZ and then I can fully focus on my BM66LE! ^_^

#7105 2 years ago

I finally got to see the pinball refinery UV lighting they use in person. Agree with others. Looks nothing like the pictures. Not sure why they (or anyone else) posts pictures of it. Looks horrible in pictures.

#7106 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I finally got to see the pinball refinery UV lighting they use in person. Agree with others. Looks nothing like the pictures. Not sure why they (or anyone else) posts pictures of it. Looks horrible in pictures.

Yeah I use purple spots in a lot of my games because white or warm white just looks like somebody turned on an overhead light. Kinda spoils the ambience... in person the purple has a lot of white in it so it looks kinda "magical" (ok that's pretty girly). But in pics it looks like the entire PF is purple. Cameras like the purple I guess

#7107 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Pinball machines are hardly retail or consumer products. I'm curious though, did you have a comparable product in mind that you've ever heard of being recalled?

It's a product sold over mail/phone/internet directly to end-consumers... for consumption by said end-user. Dunno what else you'd call it

#7108 2 years ago

UV light drives camera sensors nuts, never comes out looking vaguely like real life. Look at this shot of a UV lamp I took, promise it's utterly off from what your eyes see. IMG_5468 (resized).JPG

#7109 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a product sold over mail/phone/internet directly to end-consumers... for consumption by said end-user. Dunno what else you'd call it

Just gonna assume you're joking. You noticed the context right?

#7110 2 years ago

I definitely have to try taking a pic of the UV leds. In my experience with UV leds...like UV, it seems dark unless there is something there to react to the UV. I assume Pinball Refinery is using 5050 strip leds (UV). Does it really brighten up the pf area that much? I'm not a doubter, Pin Refinery puts out some good products. I am more curious as to how/why the UV leds make such an impact.

#7111 2 years ago

I have a NIB RZ with all the extra's for sale for $6800 if anyone is interested. PM me if interested. Thanks.

#7112 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I definitely have to try taking a pic of the UV leds. In my experience with UV leds...like UV, it seems dark unless there is something there to react to the UV. I assume Pinball Refinery is using 5050 strip leds (UV). Does it really brighten up the pf area that much? I'm not a doubter, Pin Refinery puts out some good products. I am more curious as to how/why the UV leds make such an impact.

My understanding is they use a mix of purple blue and UV. So you get the reactive UV and the brightness of the other colors. It brightens up the playfield fine.

#7113 2 years ago

Does anyone know what number RZ is in production now?

#7114 2 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Does anyone know what number RZ is in production now?

197 was delivered on Monday.

#7115 2 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play a RZ yet, but I'm number 292. My opinion here is less than useless given that I haven't played it, but from watching streams it almost feels like living dead girl can slow you down from making progress in the game. Good points, I love the easy add a ball on a tough game, but you can't lock for house of a thousand corpses and it doesn't work with modes. It would be nice if there was another objective in the game to qualify for wizard mode, something that you could progress while in living dead girl, something like the killer cards, but it reaches deeper. Am I out to lunch?

Edit: I was thinking a bit about what the long term objective could be and a few things jumped out. First and foremost, loops seem like an obvious thing that could lead to something in the game. Many many pins have had loop rewards and counted your loops, but given the flow that this table has I think it would be really satisfying to get to something for 100 loops or whatever or to introduce a combo strategy. Could there be a 3-4 way combo that exploited the ramp? Could there be a combo that drops the house of 1000 corpses drop target for the last shot? Just some ideas.

Second would be like a robot boss battle or something based on pop hits. You rack up a lot of pops going to for living dead girl, this could be a nice thing to make you feel progression after bringing her back to life.

#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

feels like living dead girl can slow you down from making progress in the game

Don't hit it?

rd

#7117 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't hit it?
rd

For sure, I'm just thinking it'll often go off when getting 1000 corpses and it would be nice to throw some additionally depth on the mode.

#7118 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't hit it?
rd

Easier said than done with the thing you want to hit right next to it.

#7119 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easier said than done with the thing you want to hit right next to it.

Maybe .. but you have to hit the two targets multiple times to start it. That's quite a few misplaced shots ...

Mind you, I don't focus on the main MB in this game, I am working on the modes.

rd

#7120 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Maybe .. but you have to hit the two targets multiple times to start it. That's quite a few misplaced shots ...
Mind you, I don't focus on the main MB in this game, I am working on the modes.
rd

Yeah I miss a lot on this game. Haha. Wasn't able to get into the modes too much cause I couldn't quite figure out what I was supposed to do. Hopefully I get one near me again so I can give it another go.

#7121 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I haven't had a chance to play a RZ yet, but I'm number 292. My opinion here is less than useless given that I haven't played it, but from watching streams it almost feels like living dead girl can slow you down from making progress in the game. Good points, I love the easy add a ball on a tough game, but you can't lock for house of a thousand corpses and it doesn't work with modes. It would be nice if there was another objective in the game to qualify for wizard mode, something that you could progress while in living dead girl, something like the killer cards, but it reaches deeper. Am I out to lunch?
Edit: I was thinking a bit about what the long term objective could be and a few things jumped out. First and foremost, loops seem like an obvious thing that could lead to something in the game. Many many pins have had loop rewards and counted your loops, but given the flow that this table has I think it would be really satisfying to get to something for 100 loops or whatever or to introduce a combo strategy. Could there be a 3-4 way combo that exploited the ramp? Could there be a combo that drops the house of 1000 corpses drop target for the last shot? Just some ideas.
Second would be like a robot boss battle or something based on pop hits. You rack up a lot of pops going to for living dead girl, this could be a nice thing to make you feel progression after bringing her back to life.

Rask4p- good ideas. One thing to keep in mind is that as crazy as the pop/sling action is on this game it's actually pretty easy to trap a ball. If I ever "accidentally" start LDG I'll just trap a ball and let the other(s) drain, it doesn't take long.

There already is a combo loop thingy of sorts, ramp, ramp, right orbit. That said, I feel the problem with it is the right orbit is difficult and the reward points aren't worth the risk.

Robot battle is a good idea. Be cool to add depth on top of the "super pops" which is already a thing.

Killer cards (gein, fish, satan) should do more- full agreement.

I haven't gotten to hell bound yet but haven't been playing much yet either due to life and BM66LE splitting time now. The difficulty as is, feels about right, maybe a little easy if you have a game that has good VUK feeds.

#7122 2 years ago

Like Charlie sad the code will be great like amh in time

#7123 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Like Charlie sad the code will be great like amh in time

Easy for Charlie to say. but Fawzma's the coder

#7124 2 years ago

True but I think it will get done

#7125 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stage 1.75 complete:
-PDI glass
-mirror blades added
-my own take on instr cards
-five spotlights added
-laseriffic flame (AC/DC) flipper toppers
-much better GI from comet sunlight opmax
-orange flasher domes
-red mini flipper rubber
This adds up to a dramatically better looking/lit game imo.

Man, that looks like a game you have to see in person, cause those pics are not doing it for me. of course not my game it doesnt have too...

#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Man, that looks like a game you have to see in person, cause those pics are not doing it for me. of course not my game it doesnt have too...

Got mine last week, it looks fantastic in person. You can see some of the improvements from AMH.

I had been reading all the Pinside trash talk on this game, I'm so glad I'm big enough to make my own decisions. This game has exceeded my expectations, can't wait for next code update! It's only going to get better. Pumped.

#7127 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Got mine last week, it looks fantastic in person. You can see some of the improvements from AMH.
I had been reading all the Pinside trash talk on this game, I'm so glad I'm big enough to make my own decisions. This game has exceeded my expectations, can't wait for next code update! It's only going to get better. Pumped.

Love Rz,I have never followed others options,for example I did not like acdc and owned a premium for a few years sold it for my Rzle and never looked back,only regret is that Rz went down in value and acdc went up o well,I also love xmle,tfle and avengers,to each his own.

#7128 2 years ago

Thank you whoever passed on 191! It will be shipping out to me this week. Very excited to have my own after playing it at SFGE and the local barcade.

#7129 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryanx0r:

Thank you whoever passed on 191! It will be shipping out to me this week. Very excited to have my own after playing it at SFGE and the local barcade.

You're welcome. A friend had #69, and I decided to shortcut my wait when he decided to sell. Congrats on your game.

#7130 2 years ago

69 (resized).jpg

#7131 2 years ago

So, I added a few mods, changed some of the lighting on my RZ and added a new shooter rod. While I was messing with it I noticed my center ramp leans to the right (by design I guess), but the left entrance is taking a beating and already mushrooming. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm considering taking the ramp off, drilling it and putting a stern blue nub on the side of the entrance.

Another thing I did was remove the switch under the ramp (the horzinotal one) and replace it with a nice WPC era switch and metal bracket. I kept getting slow balls hang up there even after fixing the ball guide and this seems to solve it 100%. If anyone else has an issue with a ball hanging up on the switch under the ramp, the WPC era switches activate with much less force so the balls won't hang up. Great thing is this switch apparently activates much better also since every lock ball shot registers now.

#7132 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yup. Beating a dead horse now with the UV GI lighting. It looks fantastic in person.

#7133 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

I had been reading all the Pinside trash talk on this game, I'm so glad I'm big enough to make my own decisions

Exactly. Never forget how easy it is to type and hit "send". Many opinions have been said/typed on this game with rushed judgment. (Big shock in pin community amirite?).

This code isn't done and yet I still am starting to play this game equally in a collection with several modern Stern favorites.

#7134 2 years ago

Quick update, I'm going to be pushing out V019 in the next day or two. This is to do more anti stack fixes.

The game will kinda sit there waiting fora ball to hit the shooter lane switch, essentially killing the flippers. Its been fixed so the game will keep playing, but the load coil will stop firing, and a warning message shows up every 7 seconds.

If a ball is stacked and you end up draining the balls when the error is happening, the game will go into search mode (it thinks there are 6 balls). after 3 rounds, a ball will eject. Due to physics (rather not explain this), you may be forced into another ball search a second time after draining, the next round when the ball is ejected usually clears up the stack.

Something I'm adding since the above is causing some headaches, I've added an operator feature in the menu system. This is a preliminary setup that may confuse some of you, but I'll refine it as time goes on.

There are 3 settings.. on/off, coins to bonus credits, credits per bonus

Last to items make this highly customizable.

Traditionally, you have 1-4 coins per play, then 4-8 coins gets you X amount of plays. This feature lets you fine tune how many coins it takes to earn the bonus credits, and how many bonus credits you give the player. Default settings is off. Don't forget you will have to adjust your coins/credit feature.

In game settings change coins/credits to 4
Turn on bonus credits
Set "coins to bonus cred" to 4
Set "credits per bonus" to 1 (or whatever)

This will give the player 2 credits per 4 coins. Bonus credit features only works when in attract mode. While the game is playing, adding 4 coins will only give the player 1 credit, period.

#7135 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Traditionally, you have 1-4 coins per play, then 4-8 coins gets you X amount of plays. This feature lets you fine tune how many coins it takes to earn the bonus credits, and how many bonus credits you give the player. Default settings is off. Don't forget you will have to adjust your coins/credit feature.
In game settings change coins/credits to 4
Turn on bonus credits
Set "coins to bonus cred" to 4
Set "credits per bonus" to 1 (or whatever)
This will give the player 2 credits per 4 coins. Bonus credit features only works when in attract mode. While the game is playing, adding 4 coins will only give the player 1 credit, period.

Thanks for adding this. Is 8 the max value you can set the "coins to bonus cred" or does it go higher?

#7136 2 years ago

Is it normal to always have to hold the button under the spooky ghost on main board when doing an update?

#7137 2 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

Is it normal to always have to hold the button under the spooky ghost on main board when doing an update?

No. The update process doesn't require pressing any buttons on the driver board.

#7138 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

No. The update process doesn't require pressing any buttons on the driver board.

Mine won't boot if I do the update as described on the website, but works fine if I hold the button on the board when I turn it on. The only annoying part about this is it does a factory reset so I lose high scores and have to turn adult mode back on. Not sure if anybody else has this problem.

#7139 2 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

Mine won't boot if I do the update as described on the website, but works fine if I hold the button on the board when I turn it on. The only annoying part about this is it does a factory reset so I lose high scores and have to turn adult mode back on. Not sure if anybody else has this problem.

I also have to hold the button on my game to update the software. I wrote an email to Charlie 12 days ago and haven't received any reply.

#7140 2 years ago

What software version were you guys updating from? I have only done one update so far from V16 to V18 so my experience is limited.

#7141 2 years ago

I have done a few updates and have never held down any button

#7142 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What software version were you guys updating from? I have only done one update so far from V16 to V18 so my experience is limited.

I've through from v15, v16, v17, to v18. Each time I had to hold the button on the board down. Each time I've e-mailed Charlie to let him know and he's gotten back to me very quickly.

#7143 2 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

I've through from v15, v16, v17, to v18. Each time I had to hold the button on the board down. Each time I've e-mailed Charlie to let him know and he's gotten back to me very quickly.

So what did he say?

#7144 2 years ago

"We think we know why but it's more on the board engineering side. Possible adding a pull up resistor to future boards"

#7145 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I miss a lot on this game. Haha. Wasn't able to get into the modes too much cause I couldn't quite figure out what I was supposed to do. Hopefully I get one near me again so I can give it another go.

Instruction cards help out a ton with objectives to the modes , if the game you were playing does not have the instruction cards on it you can veiw them at spooky's website under game support . In modes some shots reward you while others don't or end the mode .Understanding the modes is a big part of Rob Zombie . Completing modes is my main goal when playing this game . To those of you that have made it to hell bound , that is awesome , best I have done now is 8 modes complete on a single game . I will get there someday . This game is all I've been playing lately , can't get enough of it very addicting .

#7146 2 years ago

I don't post often but just want to say, If you have any issues or questions just email Charlie. He is always very quick to respond, and beyond helpful. I goofed up my trough when my playfield slipped and he was there to check in with every step of the way till the problem was solved.

Love the games or not your style, you can't deny, spooky is a class act, humble and always takes the high road. I love what they have done and can't wait to see where they go with the next game.

I personally love this game, and it's differences, it reminds me of late 80s early 90s pinball that got me hooked in the first place.

Thanks for taking the risk and always being so easy to work with.

#7147 2 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

Thanks for adding this. Is 8 the max value you can set the "coins to bonus cred" or does it go higher?

8 is considered 2 bucks.. are people paying more than that to get extra plays? I'll increase it if theres demand. Just waiting on feedback on how this setup works.

#7148 2 years ago

For those that are constantly holding the button to do an update. Can you go into that audit menu and look at the values.. from around version 15 or so there was a pretty big change with how some scores were being stored and memory was moved around. A factor reset + audit reset might be needed.

When versions change almost all settings are reset anyway whether you hold the button or use the menu system.

#7149 2 years ago

Got mine last week, and in love with it.

Are the two "x" targets on the right above the upper sling in use yet?

Modes are great, CHOP is so original. Thanks spooky and David for everything so far.

#7150 2 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Got mine last week, and in love with it.
Are the two "x" targets on the right above the upper sling in use yet?
Modes are great, CHOP is so original. Thanks spooky and David for everything so far.

Yes. They are used in Living Dead Girl mode as the switch multiplier.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chattanooga, TN
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside