2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 223.
#7051 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

This bug is a known issue. It started for me after installing version 15 and does it 100% of the time, I was going to install the new update, but it sounds like has not been fixed yet.

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Running v.17. Mine exits the menu just fine.

No luck for me, MCU will not even try to sync up and I'm forced to turn off instead of backing out. Did you experience the problem described or did you update from an earlier version(14 or back)? I've updated this machine plenty of times so don't think it's operator error? I'm wondering if since I cannot back out of the menu after hitting update that this may be causing or keeping the issue around? Machine updates fine, but I have to turn off twice(once after hitting update and once after update is complete) and don't remember if thats normal.

Anyone else have this issue earlier than have it go away with update?

IMG_0947 (resized).JPGIMG_0947 (resized).JPG

#7052 7 years ago

I've had it for awhile, still no fix that I'm aware of.

#7053 7 years ago

No luck for me, MCU will not even try to sync up and I'm forced to turn off instead of backing out. Did you experience the problem described or did you update from an earlier version(14 or back)? I've updated this machine plenty of times so don't think it's operator error? I'm wondering if since I cannot back out of the menu after hitting update that this may be causing or keeping the issue around? Machine updates fine, but I have to turn off twice(once after hitting update and once after update is complete) and don't remember if thats normal.

I mentioned the same thing in an earlier post and Fawzma said it was a known issue. You need to power cycle after anything that requires a restart...

Jaz

#7054 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I got to play this for the first time yesterday and I went from thinking I didn't like it to a dozen games later and wishing I had more quarters! Very cool, very different machine.
One thing: how does one see the score they just had once the attract mode kicks in? All the screen seemed to do was scroll the list of high scores, then the credits.

You hit the right flipper.. But I'm adding a note to make sure last scores are part of the info that changes during attract.

#7055 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You hit the right flipper.. But I'm adding a note to make sure last scores are part of the info that changes during attract.

Any chance you can also change the backbox lighting to turn on right away in attract mode? When you turn the game on there is a delay for a while until the backbox turns on, I think when the Fawzma Games screen comes on so does the backbox lighting. Same thing happens after a game ends.

#7056 7 years ago

For the MCU thing I would rather not bore everyone with the technical details as to why you see the "hang".

If I can get the font system to reload graphics I'll be able to eliminate the reboot routine when exiting the menu system. As it stands, you will more than likely be forced to restart the machine anyway because the fonts will look like garbage when exiting the menu system.

Maybe I can make it an option (stop he reboot on exit) you can select for those who see the hang more than others.

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Lifted up my playfield today to tighten up a couple posts that came loose from play, while I was lifting it I heard a piece of plastic fall inside the cab. In the back of the cab I found 3 things. First two are probably garbage, 1 is a black Philips head screw and the second is 2 pieces of black foam. The third item is what I heard fall in believe it's a piece of clear plastic and I can't find what it attaches too. Can anybody help?

Anybody know where the clear plastic piece came from?

#7058 7 years ago

plastic piece covers the terminals on one of the power supplies. The bigger center one to be exact.

#7059 7 years ago

Good new is, in V018 I'll be removing the reboot situation when coming out of the menu system. Looks like the font reload function is working pretty good.

#7060 7 years ago

Hey Fawzma,

Happy New Year!
Spooky was giving a hint or two about lots of new code (and most important for me: new audio and animations ))) in the near future. I am overall very happy with the machine so far but pretty excited for getting more content. Any more concrete idea when the hot shit will be available ? Greetings from your biggest fan in Good Ol' Germany

#7061 7 years ago

For those keeping track, 187 got here today. Can't wait to dig into this tonight!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7062 7 years ago

Pics finally cooperating.

Stage one mods complete:
-a few custom LEDs
-custom ramp EL wire
-custom living dead girl EL paper
-custom left orbit LED blue/red light addition
-pinball refinery speaker lights
-pinball refinery UV GI
-added one spotlight so far
-rock custom undercab
-pinball life lockdown bar
-back alley custom powder coating
-green robot light delete (too bright)
-orange sling protectors from laseriffic
-modfather shooter rod
-modfather pincup
-orange flipper buttons
-red coin inserts

Stage two:
-mirror blades
-more spotlights (particularly upper pf)
-figures
-painted speaker panel
-instruction cards
-designed coin insert papers

Wish someone would do headphones for this

IMG_0361.JPGIMG_0361.JPG
IMG_0364.JPGIMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0365.JPGIMG_0365.JPG
IMG_0366.JPGIMG_0366.JPG
IMG_0367.JPGIMG_0367.JPG
IMG_0368.JPGIMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0370.JPGIMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0376.JPGIMG_0376.JPG
IMG_0378.JPGIMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0422.JPGIMG_0422.JPG
IMG_0421.JPGIMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0424.JPGIMG_0424.JPG

#7063 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Thanks for the response! I want to say that I tried doing that, and holding the left flipper, and holding both flippers, and holding start... but maybe I was mistaken. Having them display during the attract would make things a lot easier for dummies like me.

#7064 7 years ago

V018 will be coming out soon. Just having a few people test before it goes public.

RZ UPDATE V018
Fixed - Removed reboot on menu system exit. AV will reload the font system now.
Fixed - Scores shouldn't always end in 00 now.
Fixed - LDG Blue/Green swap option in RGB Menu
Fixed - If coin door is open during a ball load process, the load process will pause until the door is shut
Update - Boot process changed a bit to allow the main process to tell AV it's ready

#7065 7 years ago

Backbox Removal!

I need to move my machine through a 27inch doorway or I'm going to have to downsize a machine. I talked to Charlie and it's a bunch of connections and one tricky one mounted double sided tape on the backside of the back playfield. All looks like a lot of slow, methodical, and undesirable work. My sterns look just as bad.

Has anyone removed their RZ top? Any guidance and tricks of the trade that you learned while doing it so I can learn some lessons before I dive into this?

#7066 7 years ago

Have you looked into just turning the backbox sideways instead of removing it entirely? I have got through small doorways doing this many times.

#7067 7 years ago

Anybody have this problem? I've had this happen 3 times now. Ball sneaks under and gets stuck and then glass needs to be taken off to pull out because machine won't play. Any fixes?

Also anytime I press the left flipper now it activates the return.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7068 7 years ago

Aussie RZ's have docked. Waiting clearance, so close now! Hope new code is out when we pick them up. Thanks Spooky

#7069 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Sweet! Does the OCD make much of a difference on this game?

I don't want to spam this thread, but I just put together a video this evening.

#7070 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

» YouTube video

Spooky should call you. Haha. Looks amazing.

#7071 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

V018 will be coming out soon. Just having a few people test before it goes public.
RZ UPDATE V018
Fixed - Removed reboot on menu system exit. AV will reload the font system now.
Fixed - Scores shouldn't always end in 00 now.
Fixed - LDG Blue/Green swap option in RGB Menu
Fixed - If coin door is open during a ball load process, the load process will pause until the door is shut
Update - Boot process changed a bit to allow the main process to tell AV it's ready

Any word on operator-related fixes like bonus credit options and non-illuminated start button without a credit on the game?

#7072 7 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Anybody have this problem? I've had this happen 3 times now. Ball sneaks under and gets stuck and then glass needs to be taken off to pull out because machine won't play. Any fixes?

That's happened to me a couple times. When it did, I noticed the rubber had come up out of the groove on one of the star posts. Seemed to happen on the far right or left post. If they are in the grooves and it's still happening, maybe turned sling power down just a bit

#7073 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

» YouTube video

Hard to tell what it looks like in person from the clip. It's likely a bit better, but RZ has the best looking stock LED fade/smoothness I've seen (non LED OCD, etc.). I wouldn't expect the difference to be as noticeable as it is on older games with LEDs (I could be wrong). Certainly too much ball action on this game to notice anyway :p

#7074 7 years ago

That's happened to me a couple times. When it did, I noticed the rubber had come up out of the groove on one of the star posts. Seemed to happen on the far right or left post. If they are in the grooves and it's still happening, maybe turned sling power down just a bit

Haven't had this but I did have a ball fly back and under the apron, dropping into the cabinet by the coinbox area. Tell me the odds on that one.

#7075 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Hard to tell what it looks like in person from the clip. It's likely a bit better, but RZ has the best looking stock LED fade/smoothness I've seen (non LED OCD, etc.). I wouldn't expect the difference to be as noticeable as it is on older games with LEDs (I could be wrong). Certainly too much ball action on this game to notice anyway :p

The fades are good for a game that uses a lamp matrix. The main thing that bugged me was the flicker at the low brightness levels. I also like being able to control the brightness of the LEDs. I really don't want to drag this thread down with my stuff, though, so that's my last comment on the subject.

Quoted from PinJump:

non-illuminated start button without a credit

I'm thinking they said that was a hardware limitation. Something like they don't have control over the light.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7076 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The fades are good for a game that uses a lamp matrix. The main thing that bugged me was the flicker at the low brightness levels. I also like being able to control the brightness of the LEDs. I really don't want to drag this thread down with my stuff, though, so that's my last comment on the subject.

I'm thinking they said that was a hardware limitation. Something like they don't have control over the light.

I thought it looked great Herg. Super smooth and a big difference from the obvious "step-down" effect the LED's do on the stock machines when trying to do fade sequences.

Maybe some people truly don't/can't see it though...

#7077 7 years ago

I was playing last night, properly tuned and celebrating Rob's birthday, and realized I could see what Herg was getting at with the LEDs. Maybe I'll need to get an OCD board down the road... There were a couple other things I noticed but I forget now what they were.

edit: Oh yeah... I've seen now a couple times if you have a multiball going for whatever reason (completing a mode, add a ball) and you send one up the left orbit just as you lose the rest of your balls, there's no limit to how many times you can bash Spaulding. Granted there's not a lot of points in it but you could chop wood up there all day if you wanted.

#7078 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Haven't had this but I did have a ball fly back and under the apron, dropping into the cabinet by the coinbox area. Tell me the odds on that one.

I've had it happen a couple of times, so I rigged up a piece of metal to block the gap and keep it from happening again. This needs to be addressed on future Spooky titles.

#7079 7 years ago

Had a decent game last night...only demenoid kept me from reaching hellbound again. However was surprised score was only around 45 million. Not sure if mode achievements allow for higher scores or if it's just better to concentrate on a few modes for scores...what say the experts?

#7080 7 years ago

On Facebook, Fawzma says that v18 is up on the Spooky website. He can't post himself, because he's waiting to be verified.

#7081 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Had a decent game last night...only demenoid kept me from reaching hellbound again. However was surprised score was only around 45 million. Not sure if mode achievements allow for higher scores or if it's just better to concentrate on a few modes for scores...what say the experts?

Seems really low. Did you get your 1000 corpses? 1000 corpses seems to add a lot to the score (my guess, around 20m)

Also, a lot of the modes ... when you complete them you can increase the value of the jackpot either at the LDG targets (when multiball is running) or on the upper PF (at the start) You really want to do this as base value for the jackpots is only like 30k so you want to max that out and then loop that ramp 100s of times.

rd

#7082 7 years ago

I also had the ball fly under the apron and into the bottom of the cabinet.

#7083 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I would say pretty good as it's happened to me twice hahaha

#7084 7 years ago

Had this happen last night too. Couldn't find the ball lol so I just put another one in.

#7085 7 years ago

Updated to V018 code today and it was a very smooth and easy process. Keep up the good work @fawzmagames!

#7086 7 years ago

Uncovered maybe a minor bug, or at least an inconsistency....v15

When playing American Witch, I didn't hit the 3rd shot before the pops, which darkens the playfield (turns off all lamps), except for the living dead girl targets to restart the mode. That's fine, but I noticed, that through sheer chance, when the ball went down a dark inlane, it activated CHOP even though the lamp wasn't lit and I had no idea three of the four were completed. Then very quickly the ball drained, a new ball was served due to the ball save, and the American Witch mode aborted. So a couple of things going on here....CHOP is still available even though the lamps are out and a player would have no idea...and on a ball save, you're technically still on the same ball, so shouldn't American Witch still be active awaiting restart at the Dead Girl targets, instead of resetting the modes? I don't think a ball save does that on other modes.

#7087 7 years ago

Anybody have the trough coil burn up on zombie?Mine cooked after approx. 30 to 40 games.Spoke with spooky,Great customer service,Sent replacement stuff,Going to replace and update code to 18(mine shipped with 17).Anything else to look for in software adjustments,etc that anyone can think of?

#7088 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Anybody have the trough coil burn up on zombie?Mine cooked after approx. 30 to 40 games.Spoke with spooky,Great customer service,Sent replacement stuff,Going to replace and update code to 18(mine shipped with 17).Anything else to look for in software adjustments,etc that anyone can think of?

Sometimes coils just go bad regardless of game or location in said game. I don't think you need to do anything other than replace the coil. No software adjustments would have saved it that I'm aware of.

#7089 7 years ago

here's my slightly modified take on the instruction cards.

randomkg_rz_instr_card_edit (resized).pngrandomkg_rz_instr_card_edit (resized).png

#7090 7 years ago

When the lane switch error occurs - I'm fine with the game stopping, I just wish that if eject is manually corrected the game would try resume play. Two scenarios I can think of that would be the things that should trick a resume:;

1) Door opened
2) A lane switch hit
3) The remaining balls in trough on the corrected switches
4) Door closed

1a) Any playfield switch is hit, when not in multiball

Either of these would be a big improvement over the current lock down.

#7091 7 years ago
Quoted from pbu:

When the lane switch error occurs - I'm fine with the game stopping, I just wish that if eject is manually corrected the game would try resume play. Two scenarios I can think of that would be the things that should trick a resume:;
1) Door opened
2) A lane switch hit
3) The remaining balls in trough on the corrected switches
4) Door closed
1a) Any playfield switch is hit, when not in multiball
Either of these would be a big improvement over the current lock down.

Just flashed to v18 and looked at the release notes - seems like this just got taken care of.

#7092 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Uncovered maybe a minor bug, or at least an inconsistency....v15
When playing American Witch, I didn't hit the 3rd shot before the pops, which darkens the playfield (turns off all lamps), except for the living dead girl targets to restart the mode. That's fine, but I noticed, that through sheer chance, when the ball went down a dark inlane, it activated CHOP even though the lamp wasn't lit and I had no idea three of the four were completed. Then very quickly the ball drained, a new ball was served due to the ball save, and the American Witch mode aborted. So a couple of things going on here....CHOP is still available even though the lamps are out and a player would have no idea...and on a ball save, you're technically still on the same ball, so shouldn't American Witch still be active awaiting restart at the Dead Girl targets, instead of resetting the modes? I don't think a ball save does that on other modes.

I believe this has happened to me as well

#7093 7 years ago

OK, found a bug I don't think has been mentioned yet. While having a couple friends over to play, one got the lowest score of the day and chose two initials and then a space. The game hung when he chose the space. I took a pic (below). We couldn't get it to recover without a power cycle. I didn't try recreating it, but will each time I get the chance.

This was on V17, I haven't looked into upgrading it yet. Tonights project probably.

RZ_BUG (resized).JPGRZ_BUG (resized).JPG

#7094 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

here's my slightly modified take on the instruction cards.

Superbeast should probably be white to match other mode names.

#7095 7 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

Superbeast should probably be white to match other mode names.

Oopsie, good catch

#7096 7 years ago

fixed

Rob-Zombie-Game-Cards 3.pdfRob-Zombie-Game-Cards 3.pdf

#7097 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

OK, found a bug I don't think has been mentioned yet. While having a couple friends over to play, one got the lowest score of the day and chose two initials and then a space. The game hung when he chose the space. I took a pic (below). We couldn't get it to recover without a power cycle. I didn't try recreating it, but will each time I get the chance.

I always choose 'end' after my two initials but the other day my wife put it in for me and used space instead. I was sure it hung and power cycled the machine whilst grumbling about it but later I tried to re-create the bug and found that it actually did continue without a cold boot, just took longer than usual. This was on v16 fwiw.

#7098 7 years ago

It must be a timeout for the initials then that got you back to running. That would indicate the code that lets you choose end after a space is where the problem is and not a true lock up. Should be pretty easy for him to fix up.

#7099 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

This was on V17, I haven't looked into upgrading it yet. Tonights project probably.

Made a note to look at that.

#7100 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pics finally cooperating.
Stage one mods complete:
-a few custom LEDs
-custom ramp EL wire
-custom living dead girl EL paper
-custom left orbit LED blue/red light addition
-pinball refinery speaker lights
-pinball refinery UV GI
-added one spotlight so far
-rock custom undercab
-pinball life lockdown bar
-back alley custom powder coating
-green robot light delete (too bright)
-orange sling protectors from laseriffic
-modfather shooter rod
-modfather pincup
-orange flipper buttons
-red coin inserts
Stage two:
-mirror blades
-more spotlights (particularly upper pf)
-figures
-painted speaker panel
-instruction cards
-designed coin insert papers
Wish someone would do headphones for this

Stage 1.75 complete:
-PDI glass
-mirror blades added
-my own take on instr cards
-five spotlights added
-laseriffic flame (AC/DC) flipper toppers
-much better GI from comet sunlight opmax
-orange flasher domes
-red mini flipper rubber

This adds up to a dramatically better looking/lit game imo.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/142?hl=brian541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.