Topic Stats

• 10,450 posts
  • 598 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blowback1976
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,189 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg
20190926_165726 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10450 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 209.
#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Folks, please stop not sucking
Hellbound is buggy and getting a rewrite.

To the best programmer in the world suck suck lol. Great to hear you are working on it and other stuff. As a buyer your interaction with Pinside is pleasing to see and would be good to see more programmers engaging in this way, when developing code and bug fixes.

Getting my pin in about two weeks, another update by then would be great or anytime after. Can't wait to have my arse kicked by RZ.

#7002 2 years ago

This feature sounds really cool.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The mode will change up a bit where flippers will get weaker if you don't hit those targets after a certain amount of time. Eventually you will drain.

#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Please, no. It will get frustrating not being able to hold a flipper if I have to hit guided targets with a time hack. Or maybe just have the ability to be able to hold just one flipper and let the other flipper have "no hold". I would be cool to switch the hold between flippers ever 30sec. while infected? Just a thought.

Thus the term infected. The goal, don't be infected and you don't have to deal with the crappy consequences.

When I get the flu I don't get say, I don't want the cough but I'm good with the fever and the body aches, I get it all and it sucks!!!!!!

#7005 2 years ago

My god this game is fun. I keep trying to finish my mods install but keep getting sucked into playing it. (That's not normal for me..). I'm really loving the "avoid this, hit that" stuff, the ease of starting but not necessarily finishing h1kc, and the reward of multiballs for completing song modes.

I was all over this 18 mos ago on theme alone and now I'm enjoying it in my house and it's just a very very fun pinball game. I'm giddy! Thanks Spooky team! More mods/pics coming soon!

Note: owners, make sure you take the time to adjust the audio settings both in the menu and physically on the amp inside the cabinet for your full preferential enjoyment!

#7006 2 years ago

I agree, we've been playing the heck out of ours. Enjoying the audio quality it puts out too, although I told the wife next party we have I'm gonna try dropping a line out to a powered stage monitor. I think I have a 1000W Behringer that will fit under the cabinet nicely.

#7007 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My god this game is fun. I keep trying to finish my mods install but keep getting sucked into playing it. (That's not normal for me..). I'm really loving the "avoid this, hit that" stuff, the ease of starting but not necessarily finishing h1kc, and the reward of multiballs for completing song modes.
I was all over this 18 mos ago on theme alone and now I'm enjoying it in my house and it's just a very very fun pinball game. I'm giddy! Thanks Spooky team! More mods/pics coming soon!
Note: owners, make sure you take the time to adjust the audio settings both in the menu and physically on the amp inside the cabinet for your full preferential enjoyment!

Hmm, I haven't looked at the audio settings in the menu yet. What exactly is there and do you have suggestions on preferred values?

I agree the sound quality is amazing but it would be cool if audio settings (notably volume) were easier to change on the fly (on future games) without having to reach into the dark cabinet to adjust the correct tiny dial on the amp. As someone with kids the wife may very well yell down to "turn that down now" and being in my not so well lit basement, it's not a quick thing to do.

#7008 2 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Hmm, I haven't looked at the audio settings in the menu yet. What exactly is there and do you have suggestions on preferred values?
I agree the sound quality is amazing but it would be cool if audio settings (notably volume) were easier to change on the fly (on future games) without having to reach into the dark cabinet to adjust the correct tiny dial on the amp. As someone with kids the wife may very well yell down to "turn that down now" and being in my not so well lit basement, it's not a quick thing to do.

the factory settings on sound effect volume vs music volume aren't to my liking. I turn the sound effects down a bit and music up a bit. I think that's what I did... music is def too quiet for me personally from the factory.

#7009 2 years ago

Number 183 is in the house and playing. I'll add mods this weekend (not as extensive as some of you).

Out of the box I upped the volume of the music in the menu and turned adult mode on. Although I'll need to probably use the mode to stay family friendly unless I want adult. Left everything else alone.

I had a ground wire break off (in shipping) the start button that led to the coin door so I found that and soldered it back on. I had an orbit switch that the ball would get stuck on so fixed that too. Also anyone getting one DO NOT cut the shrink wrap until it is on legs. I was debating it and after getting it on the legs saw the sticker on the back side (was towards the wall) that says don't. That would have sucked.

Other things I still need to figure it out is how to make the robots green LEDs on the pop bumper not blind me. I may simply use a flexible LED there. Also I keep getting balls stuck up under the playfield so I need to investigate that more. We couldn't shake it out or anything but it fell out when I lifted the playfield. May be another switch too high.

Overall. Just love this game. It is so fast and just a blast to play. My wife will have to warm up to it (apparently she doesn't like to get cussed at. Takes it too personally). She can't love every game I buy but she does like it enough to have the current high score after last night .

IMG_2440 (resized).JPG

IMG_2443 (resized).JPG

#7010 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Other things I still need to figure it out is how to make the robots green LEDs on the pop bumper not blind me.

Ah yes, that too. I am removing mine and/or repositioning mine eventually. I'm thinking on some games the slight differences in angles of the light socket are probably better/worse than others. Your height matters too...pinball

I'm also putting mine next to my TWD

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Is there any other place to put it really? Well next to an AMH as well is even better.

20170105_092810_resized (resized).jpg

#7012 2 years ago

Number 183 is in the house....

Quoted from ATLpb:

Quoted from bemmett:

Is there any other place to put it really? Well next to an AMH as well is even better.

What a coincidence...

20170105_140441 (resized).jpg

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

When I get the flu I don't get say, I don't want the cough but I'm good with the fever and the body aches, I get it all and it sucks!!!!!!

Understood, but think of the code exploration for pinball.
Let me explain.
We have seen reverse flippers (TSPP) and dying/weakening flippers (Capcom Kingpin) but have we ever seen a code that would allow you to hold a ball on one flipper and no hold on the other flipper and maybe reverse the hold back and forth from each flipper during a given time sequence as long as you stay in the mode?
This is just a thought.
I wonder what Fazma or Charlie would think?

#7014 2 years ago

Well I kept getting balls stuck under the ramp (thought it was upper playfield). Couldn't shake them loose and sometimes wouldn't come out if I lifted the playfield so it felt like more than a switch.

I took the ramp and plastics off and found the culprit. The metal guide was squeezing the ball against the plastics. So I took the guide off and bent it by hand to curve a little differently and not pinch the ball. Once done the ball can pass freely even if it gets a little air. It was tighter at the top.

I still see one possible issue. I can physically place the ball in the switch slot next to the switch and it will not shake free no matter how I adjust the switch. If I remove the switch it is fine. If I notice a ball getting stuck here in the future I'll replace the switch with a less stiff one.

IMG_2451 (resized).JPG

IMG_2450 (resized).JPG

#7015 2 years ago

Guess I should post a pic of the after showing I have some room now.

IMG_2453 (resized).JPG

#7017 2 years ago

So on another note, RZ came with a sheet of clear vinyl protectors. Is anyone putting these on a HUO game? I'm wondering if I need to put them on this weekend.

#7018 2 years ago

That may have been helpful. I'm sure I read it at one time

#7019 2 years ago

So on another note, RZ came with a sheet of clear vinyl protectors. Is anyone putting these on a HUO game? I'm wondering if I need to put them on this weekend.

I haven't

#7020 2 years ago

How's the graph looking? I've been actually handling the wait a lot better than I thought, but I think my #244 should be coming up in the next couple months and now I'm gettin' antsy.

#7021 2 years ago

I'm not using them due to HUO and relatively low amount of plays.

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

How's the graph looking?

I haven't been tracking this as closely as before (fewer datapoints), but here's what I have.

Untitled (resized).png

#7023 2 years ago

Can someone please link to the posts regarding the faulty TILT wire? Thanks in advance!

#7024 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can someone please link to the posts regarding the faulty TILT wire? Thanks in advance!

Disregard, found it. Twenty84 figured it out. It is high voltage wires bundled with the low voltage tilt wires. Unbundle, reroute. On it!

#7025 2 years ago

I can't believe I went 6 weeks without noticing the Subwoofer setting on the amp was turned to almost zero. I just turned it up a bit and man, what a difference! Even 50% was rattling the glass and overpowering the other pins in the arcade.

#7026 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Disregard, found it. Twenty84 figured it out. It is high voltage wires bundled with the low voltage tilt wires. Unbundle, reroute. On it!

Yes, but If that isn't enough put a ferrite core on each end of the wires that go to the tilt

#7027 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes, but If that isn't enough put a ferrite core on each end of the wires that go to the tilt

Thank you. Because so far it isn't enough. My phantom tilts have been reduced but not eliminated. Mind taking a pic of your setup?

#7028 2 years ago

Here are some pics of the ferrite cores in place.

IMG_7663 (resized).JPG

IMG_7666 (resized).JPG

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I haven't been tracking this as closely as before (fewer datapoints), but here's what I have.

#177 delivered 12/27

#7030 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Here are some pics of the ferrite cores in place.

Thanks! Now I'm confused though,
I thought you took the positive tilt bob wire (yellow/gray) out of the bundle altogether. In your pic, far as I can tell you simply added ferrit cores but the tilt bob wire is still bound up in the same bundle as factory- ?

#7031 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks! Now I'm confused though

The harness that you see there originally ran down into the cabinet in the same cable organizer (plastic tube) as the coils. 2084 and I moved the switch harness to the organizer on the left side instead. The phantom tilts were still happening after I moved the cable.

I also added a ferrite to mine, but I isolated only the tilt wire as shown in the pictures below. I really haven't played enough since adding the ferrites to know if they fixed it.

20170102_143634 (resized).jpg

20170102_144255 (resized).jpg

#7032 2 years ago

Thanks for chiming in as well Harold. Here's what I've done so far to reduce but not yet eliminate my phantom tilts: I completely unbundled the positive yellow gray tilt bob wire (I also unbundled the orange gray left flipper because mine was acting wonky during menu interfaces)

I think to finish the job for me I will have to also use a ferrit or pluck and unbundle the yellow gray tilt bob wire from the backbox board as well..?

IMG_0375 (resized).JPG

#7033 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The harness that you see there originally ran down into the cabinet in the same cable organizer (plastic tube) as the coils. 2084 and I moved the switch harness to the organizer on the left side instead. The phantom tilts were still happening after I moved the cable.
I also added a ferrite to mine, but I isolated only the tilt wire as shown in the pictures below. I really haven't played enough since adding the ferrites to know if they fixed it.

Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks for chiming in as well Harold. Here's what I've done so far to reduce but not yet eliminate my phantom tilts: I completely unbundled the positive yellow gray tilt bob wire (I also unbundled the orange gray left flipper because mine was acting wonky during menu interfaces)
I think to finish the job for me I will have to also use a ferrit or pluck and unbundle the yellow gray tilt bob wire from the backbox board as well..?

This is really good info, thanks. I have not noticed a problem at all with my RZ so far. However, I do see this problem on my AMH and I'm wondering if it's the same sort of issue. It has been driving me nuts for a long time so this gives me something to look at. Thanks.

#7034 2 years ago

I should also mention that I also twisted the cables to minimize any loops that might pick up electromagnetic flux. I did put my ferrite cores on the low voltage bundle (e.g. Tilt, coin door switches, etc.) but removed the higher voltage solenoid wires from the group. This complete eliminated the phantom tilts for me, curious what others experience is.

#7035 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I should also mention that I also twisted the cables to minimize any loops that might pick up electromagnetic flux. I did put my ferrite cores on the low voltage bundle (e.g. Tilt, coin door switches, etc.) but removed the higher voltage solenoid wires from the group. This complete eliminated the phantom tilts for me, curious what others experience is.

? In your pics though it looks like all the low and high voltage wires are still bundled together?

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

? In your pics though it looks like all the low and high voltage wires are still bundled together?

That is not the case. The high voltage cables come off the bottom of the card in the backbox. It may work as well if you just do the tilt cable as others have done. I did not have issues with the other switches but I put the ferrite cores over all of them.

I see in some of the previous pics some people seem to have separated the 3.3V wire that goes to the tilt bob from its ground. This will create a loop (e.g. current will be induced by changing magnetic fields similar to what occurs in a generator) which may exacerbate the issue. Any loop should be minimized by twisting these two wires (3.3V and ground) together.

#7037 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

That is not the case. The high voltage cables come off the bottom of the card in the backbox. It may work as well if you just do the tilt cable as others have done. I did not have issues with the other switches but I put the ferrite cores over all of them.
I see in some of the previous pics some people seem to have separated the 3.3V wire that goes to the tilt bob from its ground. This will create a ground loop (e.g. current will be induced by changing magnetic fields similar to what occurs in a generator) which may exacerbate the issue. Any loop should be minimized by twisting these two wires (3.3V and ground) together.

Your terminology is a little mixed up...a ground loop is not induced noise....it's a current produced by a wire being grounded at two different potentials...and twisting wire doesn't help a ground loop. Twisting wire does however help reduce induced magnetic interference as a signal is the difference between the two wires and any noise would theoretically increase the amplitude on both wires so that the difference remained the same.

#7038 2 years ago

I finally hit the skill shot today...although it was pure luck....after plunging to the first sling it sent the ball up the right orbit a bit...ball returned down and hit the second sling and was a perfect shot to the third sling. One out of 200 is more of a luck shot but I'll take it

Also is it a know bug that the mpu hangs when exiting the menu? Mine seems to do it 80% of the time to where I have to power off to recover.

#7039 2 years ago

Hey RZ-lovers,

wanna pimp the hell out of my my RZ SE when it comes to my man cave in February! As I live in Kraut-Deutschland I am forced to order in time to have the hot shit there when the machine finally arrives !

So guys: what are the coolest mods for our machine?...and where can I get the stuff?

My ideas so far:

Already ordered the Sparky TV mod (with blood sprinkles) and Looks decent in person

I still have the side topper (2 bloody skull and spines) from Predatorgate made by Back Alley. They will look very cool @RZ imho. Will post pics.

Side blades would be sick as well but the ones on eBay for 75 bucks don't look very cool for me. Would love something sick with Horley Art. Has anybody some custom sideblades with Horley Art in her/his machine and could do some for me as well (we will find an acceptable price for both of us I'm sure)?
If not: Where can I get mirror sideblades for Spooky Games?

Have ordered the shaker.

Has anybody the RGB-lighted lockbar? I love it but frankly speaking I am unsure wether nearly 300 bucks is worth the experience. Please share your Opinion of that thing; thx!

Maybey we should open a separat RZ mod thread as this one nearly explodes with all that content regarding Code, issues, experiences...and more than 140 pages now...

Cheers,

Lars

#7040 2 years ago

Lifted up my playfield today to tighten up a couple posts that came loose from play, while I was lifting it I heard a piece of plastic fall inside the cab. In the back of the cab I found 3 things. First two are probably garbage, 1 is a black Philips head screw and the second is 2 pieces of black foam. The third item is what I heard fall in believe it's a piece of clear plastic and I can't find what it attaches too. Can anybody help?

20170108_020113 (resized).jpg

#7041 2 years ago

I got to play this for the first time yesterday and I went from thinking I didn't like it to a dozen games later and wishing I had more quarters! Very cool, very different machine.

One thing: how does one see the score they just had once the attract mode kicks in? All the screen seemed to do was scroll the list of high scores, then the credits.

#7042 2 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey RZ-lovers,
wanna pimp the hell out of my my RZ SE when it comes to my man cave in February! As I live in Kraut-Deutschland I am forced to order in time to have the hot shit there when the machine finally arrives !
So guys: what are the coolest mods for our machine?...and where can I get the stuff?
My ideas so far:
Already ordered the Sparky TV mod (with blood sprinkles) and Looks decent in person
I still have the side topper (2 bloody skull and spines) from Predatorgate made by Back Alley. They will look very cool @RZ imho. Will post pics.
Side blades would be sick as well but the ones on eBay for 75 bucks don't look very cool for me. Would love something sick with Horley Art. Has anybody some custom sideblades with Horley Art in her/his machine and could do some for me as well (we will find an acceptable price for both of us I'm sure)?
If not: Where can I get mirror sideblades for Spooky Games?
Have ordered the shaker.
Has anybody the RGB-lighted lockbar? I love it but frankly speaking I am unsure wether nearly 300 bucks is worth the experience. Please share your Opinion of that thing; thx!
Maybey we should open a separat RZ mod thread as this one nearly explodes with all that content regarding Code, issues, experiences...and more than 140 pages now...
Cheers,
Lars

Pinballsidemirrors.com Now has specifically listed RZ side mirrors. The side art by Jose is cool too but I've gone with mirrors on most of my games so I like to stick with them
When possible. Regarding the rest of your ideas, check back in a bit, if the site ever lets me load pics successfully I'll show/list what I've done. I'm stage one complete...

Harold and twenty84, My tilt/wire issue has diminished enough to ignore/settle for now. Will revisit later. Still need to get ferrit cores (brand new concept to me).

#7043 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Also is it a know bug that the mpu hangs when exiting the menu? Mine seems to do it 80% of the time to where I have to power off to recover.

Not sure exactly what you describe but here is what I noticed on mine last night. Start a game and play a ball. If I open the coin door after the ball drains and before the next ball is loaded into the shooter lane I get a message that the door is open (not there right now so not exactly sure of what the message states) the machine just stays stuck on this message. Close the door, hit start button.........nothing brings you back into game. I have to power off and power back on.

#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I believe this is a known bug, mine does it 100% of the time and I have V17 code. If I'm missing something someone let me know.

#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I got to play this for the first time yesterday and I went from thinking I didn't like it to a dozen games later and wishing I had more quarters! Very cool, very different machine.
One thing: how does one see the score they just had once the attract mode kicks in? All the screen seemed to do was scroll the list of high scores, then the credits.

In addition to this I would like to know how to check other players' scores mid ball and know my own score mid ball as well.

Also for future code updates, when major shots like jackpots are hit can we get a flash of the score we received for that particular shot? Thanks!

#7046 2 years ago

I just noticed the song Never Gonna Stop(My Durango) was in the music test. Is that in the game for final mode or something? Why is that song not in the rotation or used somehow in the game?! More Zombie songs needed!

Spooky can't we add other songs into the rotation of songs playing during the game?! Lets do this!

#7047 2 years ago

Ok I was just listening to Zombie on my headphones past couple days while playing pins and there is SOOOO many awesome songs that need to be added to the game, can we get some in Spooky?! Here is a small list of ones I could think of, but so many other awesome ones I know are out there:
We’re An American Band (Love this cover, probably the best ever, I mean it has cowbell for the love of everything that is amazing!)
ThunderKiss 65 - Sorry forgot this is White Zombie
Scum Of The Earth
Get High
Everybody’s Fu$%ing in a UFO
I’m your Boogeyman - Sorry forgot this is White Zombie
Meet The Creeper
Sick Bubblegum
Foxy Foxy
Lords of Salem
Teenage Nosferatu Pu$$*
Life and Time Of Teenage Rock God

#7048 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Quoted from bemmett:

I believe this is a known bug, mine does it 100% of the time and I have V17 code. If I'm missing something someone let me know.

This bug is a known issue. It started for me after installing version 15 and does it 100% of the time, I was going to install the new update, but it sounds like has not been fixed yet.

#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ok I was just listening to Zombie on my headphones past couple days while playing pins and there is SOOOO many awesome songs that need to be added to the game, can we get some in Spooky?!

Probably will never happen. Every person that worked/associated with the song has to get paid and the license for the game is very specific. Everything is in stone however I've been poking around the sound files in the SFX directory.

I've mapped all the sound file names to dialog and sound FX in a Word doc so that I wouldn't have to randomly click on a file to see what it is. I've ripped a few RZ movies to possibly add/replace some dialog. Otis, Grandpa, Rhondo, or maybe even a Doom Head have great lines. So far I haven't been successful. The 1 or 2 wavs I replaced play sloooow. The files appear to be PCM signed 16 bit 22KHz, 705Hz stereo and sampled at 30K.

Maybe someone smarter knows more.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

This bug is a known issue. It started for me after installing version 15 and does it 100% of the time, I was going to install the new update, but it sounds like has not been fixed yet.

Running v.17. Mine exits the menu just fine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 10450 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 209.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside