Topic Stats

• 10,507 posts
  • 602 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by drypaint
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 211.
#6951 3 years ago

Anyone think there is a need to install a small piece of mylar in the inlanes where the ball drops from the wireform or is the clearcoat strong enough?

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Anyone think there is a need to install a small piece of mylar in the inlanes where the ball drops from the wireform or is the clearcoat strong enough?

I'm assuming the ball is dropping onto the switch slot? Most games have this design and the game has to be routed for years before significant damage is seen, which is typically depressed wood and a little splintering on the edges of the wood. Neither clear coat nor mylar will avoid the inevitable wood denting there, but there are cliffy protectors for it that may help. Personally I'd just apply some hard as nails if the area starts getting noticeable damage and not worry about it otherwise.

#6953 3 years ago

Anyone come up with a different set of instruction cards for the game? I know there is a set available through Spooky's site but I was wondering what others have come up with.

#6954 3 years ago

Not much different, but here's is my slightly modified version of Spooky's instruction cards. This changes the text on the left card to white and is much easier to read in my opinion.

Rob-Zombie-Game-Cards-edit.pdf

#6955 3 years ago

I Finally got 1,000 corpses on my first trip to the house ,did it on ball one. I also completed living dead girl and murder ride on ball one . Was feeling like I might have a good shot at getting to hell bound and then the next 3 balls happened ( picked up the extra ball for 3 modes) ouch ! Only managed to complete what mode with the rest of balls . Still ended up with a decent score , but damn I was feeling real good after ball one . This game might be one of the best " just one more game" games ever . Closest I have been to hell bound is 7 modes completed in a single game , I'm getting closer , I just need to play "one" more game tonight .

20161230_212907 (resized).jpg

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This game might be one of the best " just one more game" games ever

You got that right Doug!

Good score!

rd

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

-Would like to see some sort of running total for House of 1000. Maybe even some cool animation of corpses piling up

*Correction: This already exists but because of the 'super pops' animation, you hardly ever see it. Therefore I'll change my wish list to being that the corpses should take precedent over the super pops animation.

#6958 3 years ago

Finally put all the mods I bought on.
I have Rock Custom's interactive undercab kit (love how this changes colors during different modes and things happening on the playfield)
Pinball refinery uv kit (love this, doesn't look as purple as the pictures show and really makes some things on the playfield light up.)
Pinball Side mirrors

Unfortunately during the install of all this my elbow hit the gas pump plastic and snapped it off. Luckily Spooky included an extra of that one in the goodie bag.

RZ (resized).jpg

RZ1 (resized).jpg

#6959 3 years ago

Spent a full day with the game today and having a great time. My top wishlist items for the code have already been mentioned:

Quoted from tmontana:

-Have an option in the menu for "Disable tilt on coin door open" and an option for "Coin door ball saver", these are both necessary if using the game in a tournament and a ball is stuck.

Quoted from robertmee:

Definitely agree that living dead girl needs to be a stackable mode. And definitely agree there needs to be a running counter for 1000 corpses.
Also the extra ball needs something. Always puzzled when the machine seems to go dead for several seconds.

As for the physical aspects of the game I've been dialing it in, tweaking the pitch and coil strengths and the number of air balls / stuck balls has gone down dramatically. Hopefully, I can get that number down a little further. The VUK is touchy, wish I knew anything about 3D printing so I could make the piece that keeps it from shooting the ball through the wire-form on higher power levels. Leaf switches on the slingshots need tweaking too.

All that said, I think this is a stellar game. It's a dream theme for me with art and sound that do it justice. The game's modes are inventive and the layout is completely strange but it works.

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Finally put all the mods I bought on.
I have Rock Custom's interactive undercab kit (love how this changes colors during different modes and things happening on the playfield)
Pinball refinery uv kit (love this, doesn't look as purple as the pictures show and really makes some things on the playfield light up.)
Pinball Side mirrors

What model of side mirrors did you get? Did you have to drill them or the side wall?

#6961 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

What model of side mirrors did you get? Did you have to drill them or the side wall?

Email pinball sidemirrors. He has them for rob zombie, just not listed on the website yet. I didn't have to make any changes to them.

#6962 3 years ago

Space Ghost and Rob Zombie tonight! Happy new year everone!

20161231_194130 (resized).jpg

#6963 3 years ago

I invited my friend over for nye. He got to hell bound twice. He's no longer welcome at my house.

I streamed the first one on facebook, quality is not good and not sure if you can see the video if you are not logged into facebook. Either way, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/bill.lembesis/videos/10211632410311658

The second time I just recorded it so quality is much better. https://goo.gl/photos/cvW33X1y27Ky79tC6

As of now hell bound looks kind of buggy.

#6964 3 years ago

That was really weird when the screen went completely blank. At least I know Spaulding is Satan and right ramp means right orbit if I ever get to hellbound

#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

Email pinball sidemirrors. He has them for rob zombie, just not listed on the website yet. I didn't have to make any changes to them.

Thanks so much. Can you pm me his email please? I've been unsuccessful using the website contact link in the past.

#6966 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Thanks so much. Can you pm me his email please? I've been unsuccessful using the website contact link in the past.

Actually, I contacted him through pinside.
He's wdpvideo

#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

I invited my friend over for nye. He got to hell bound twice. He's no longer welcome at my house

Hahaha!

#6968 3 years ago

Id like to see what spooky says about that Hell Bound mode too.

#6969 3 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

As of now hell bound looks kind of buggy.

Yes it was very buggy for me too....If the ball doesn't make it through the "gate", then you're locked out until the ball drains. And Shoot Satan is not intuitive for bashing Spaulding, and Shoot Gate wasn't intuitive for going past Spaulding...he's a clown, not a gate. I get where Spooky is trying to go with the progression, but there needs to be better tie in to the game so a player knows what to do. It's a small nitpick as anyone who even gets to Hellbound probably can guess as I did, but when the ball was locked out of the "gate" I had to take the glass off to make sure that there wasn't something missing to opening Spaulding back up. I was that unsure.

#6970 3 years ago

I bet Spooky underestimated that some might make it to Hell Bound before they could get the code completed.

#6971 3 years ago

Looks like v17 is available for download, but is a minor update:

V017 - 2/JAN/2017
Fixed - Added ball load protection in case lane switch never triggers. System will display a message
to have the shoot lane switch looked at. Otherwise, the load coil will overheat.

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Looks like v17 is available for download, but is a minor update:
V017 - 2/JAN/2017
Fixed - Added ball load protection in case lane switch never triggers. System will display a message
to have the shoot lane switch looked at. Otherwise, the load coil will overheat.

This is the single change from V016 to V017? Really? I wonder if this is a fire hazard?

Haven't seen Fawzma post in a while to give us an update on code.

#6973 3 years ago

Yeah, I think I won't bother with this update and will just look at the shooter lane switch in the unlikely event that my game develops this issue.

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yeah, I think I won't bother with this update and will just look at the shooter lane switch in the unlikely event that my game develops this issue.

I wonder how this works in this industry. If Spooky is aware that V016 of code could cause a coil to overheat and that is a potential fire hazard are they obligated to issue a recall notice immediately? Is a coil overheating even a fire hazard?

#6975 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

V017 - 2/JAN/2017

Quoted from Brickshot:

I wonder how this works in this industry. If Spooky is aware that V016 of code could cause a coil to overheat and that is a potential fire hazard are they obligated to issue a recall notice immediately? Is a coil overheating even a fire hazard?

Take note this happened to me not too long back when I had people over for a party. Someone was playing and when the game stopped working just left it on as the game kept trying to load a ball, not too long after we all smelled something burning and had to do the pinball fire drill(turn off every game and start smelling them to find the culprit). Sure enough it was RZ and was this coil, was burning hot to the touch. The way I understood it, not a bad coil just never stops firing repeatedly which I think is what mine was doing.

#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

A coil will only get so hot before it becomes a short and pops the fuse... same as every game ever made basically. I can count on 1 hand the number of games I've owned over the years that DIDN'T fry at least 1 coil at some point. Seems to happen every other Halloween party at our place... and yep, mad scramble to do the "sniff shut down test" that Bemmett mentioned. Even worse when it's a magnet or a flasher that locks on. My buddy has a nice TZ with a big messed up pop bumper insert from the stuck flasher melting it.

We had a switch wire break on our location game on New Years eve, and found the issue by accident (couldn't see shooter lane sw, fried the coil, popped the fuse). I had Fawzma fix it as a precaution the same day.

We'll be using the same ball trough in our next game with a couple optos added so we can just take the shooter lane switch out of the ball trough logic.

#6977 3 years ago

Special order #171 in my possession. A lot more pics coming later tonight/days when I'm doing my thing.

image (resized).jpg

#6978 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

If Spooky is aware that V016 of code could cause a coil to overheat and that is a potential fire hazard are they obligated to issue a recall notice immediately?

Obligated by whom? It's not a baby crib (CPSC) or a Ford Explorer (NHTSA), it's a pinball machine.

#6979 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Obligated by whom? It's not a baby crib (CPSC) or a Ford Explorer (NHTSA), it's a pinball machine.

Why do you think the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) only applies to baby cribs? Per their own handbook " It applies to you if you manufacture, import, distribute, or retail consumer products." (P.2) I would think manufacturing a pinball machine would qualify.

https://www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/8002.pdf

But really I just didn't know the answer, I was just asking.

#6980 3 years ago

Here's mine setup. I've got the Pinball Refinery art blades and lighting kit on order.

rz (resized).jpg

#6981 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Per their own handbook " It applies to you if you manufacture, import, distribute, or retail consumer products." (P.2) I would think manufacturing a pinball machine would qualify.

Pinball machines are hardly retail or consumer products. I'm curious though, did you have a comparable product in mind that you've ever heard of being recalled?

#6982 3 years ago

v17 also adds in half steps for some of the coils - for example the VUK can be set to 4.5.

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Pinball machines are hardly retail or consumer products. I'm curious though, did you have a comparable product in mind that you've ever heard of being recalled?

Nope. Not at all. I kind of thought my government had some rules and regulations around companies manufacturing a product that could burn my home down. But perhaps not? Maybe they only focus on baby products and cars, lol.

#6984 3 years ago

Such a killer theme. The whole art package is stunning on this as well.

#6985 3 years ago

Only got thru what I'll call phase one tonight as some stuff came up.

-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-red coin inserts
-orange flipper buttons

-custom coated armor/housing/door

IMG_0314.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

#6986 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-red coin inserts
-orange flipper buttons

Wow, a lot of work! Nice. Have you gotten the chance to just play and enjoy the game?

#6987 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

-modfather pincup
-modfather shooter rod
-red coin inserts
-orange flipper buttons

Do you always mount you pingulp on the front? I've only ever seen it to the side.

pingulp.rev.a (resized).jpg

#6988 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Do you always mount you pingulp on the front? I've only ever seen it to the side.

Mine are all one the front, I used to put on side but find front works better.

#6989 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Front left (buy a R mount) mount allows:
- to see cabinet side art better
- easier access to drink
- coin door can still open plenty
- can fit between games to work on them easier

Side mount is kind of silly imo...

---
This morning's work:
- repositioning the "get it on" plunger spring cover plastic so you can see when a ball is in shooter lane. (Microscopic oversight by Spooky imo.)
- bulletproofing the eject/lane area with protection (my OCD, wear protection)

IMG_0317 (resized).JPG

IMG_0318 (resized).JPG

IMG_0319 (resized).JPG

#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Wow, a lot of work! Nice. Have you gotten the chance to just play and enjoy the game?

Yes. Played 3-4 games. Started getting cozy utilizing chop, learning orbits and had a decent 65m game with 3-4 modes complete. Don't worry, it will be played nearly non-stop at times. I like beautifying/upgrading them but not as much as I like playing.

#6991 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Is a coil overheating even a fire hazard?

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

A coil will only get so hot before it becomes a short and pops the fuse... same as every game ever made basically.

Quoted from Brickshot:

I kind of thought my government had some rules and regulations around companies manufacturing a product that could burn my home down.

You certainly are intent on this fallacy. Genuine concern or just stirring the pot?

#6992 3 years ago

Folks, please stop not sucking

Hellbound is buggy and getting a rewrite.

#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Folks, please stop not sucking
Hellbound is buggy and getting a rewrite.

I would rather have a wizard mode with bugs in the early code than none at all! Thanks for your work.

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I would rather have a wizard mode with bugs in the early code than none at all! Thanks for your work.

Hellbound is still better than are you a god lolol

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hellbound is still better than are you a god lolol

funny.. had to do a search on that to figure out the reference.

#6996 3 years ago

Are we getting the infection modes back?

#6997 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

+1000

#6998 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

YES!!

I've spent more time investigating flipper functionality and will be rolling out an update across all games. If you ever noticed in the menu system the option to adjust flipper power, and the fact it doesn't do anything; I've come up with a solution finally.

Its been a week now testing on another game and so far it's worked like a champ.

The mode will change up a bit where flippers will get weaker if you don't hit those targets after a certain amount of time. Eventually you will drain. The objective will change a bit to.

You will have to hit the coffins first as your flippers will have enough power to get there.. as you get weaker, the targets will change over to either the radio or lower right target, since this is where the power will get you. I'll probably throw in no hold flippers as well.

I will still avoid the reverse effect till I am certain fuses won't be affected.

#6999 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

YES!!
I've spent more time investigating flipper functionality and will be rolling out an update across all games. If you ever noticed in the menu system the option to adjust flipper power, and the fact it doesn't do anything; I've come up with a solution finally.
Its been a week now testing on another game and so far it's worked like a champ.
The mode will change up a bit where flippers will get weaker if you don't hit those targets after a certain amount of time. Eventually you will drain. The objective will change a bit to.
You will have to hit the coffins first as your flippers will have enough power to get there.. as you get weaker, the targets will change over to either the radio or lower right target, since this is where the power will get you. I'll probably throw in no hold flippers as well.
I will still avoid the reverse effect till I am certain fuses won't be affected.

Awesome!

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll probably throw in no hold flippers as well.

Please, no. It will get frustrating not being able to hold a flipper if I have to hit guided targets with a time hack. Or maybe just have the ability to be able to hold just one flipper and let the other flipper have "no hold". It would be cool to switch the hold between flippers ever 30sec. while infected? Just a thought.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
There are 10507 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside