2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 223.
#6901 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Why did Laseriffic stop selling the toppers so quickly? I know they moved at one point but Spooky wasn't even at a 3rd way of their run before it was done.

I wondered that too when they were out of stock but they appear to be back in stock now... I think their price is reasonable but I'm just not into that topper at all.

#6902 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think doug is suggesting it is strategy. there are actually lots of time to use this strategy in games and it can be fun. I have no real opinion on RZ 1000 mode, but can understand the idea and dig it in theory.
Bascially you are strategically allowing a ball to drain with the idea that you can make more controlled shots with fewer balls on the table. The reward is you get 5 free switch hits. The risk is that ball saver can turn off at any second and you just gave a ball away to the pinball drain gods.

Yes whysnow is correct , this is exactly what I was thinking . I can complete house of 1000 corpses on my second trip to the house but I have never done it on the first trip to the house . I was wondering if I could switch up my strategy to basically "cheat " the system by draining some balls early and collecting some cheap switch hits . Fawzma you were already on top of this no need to make any adjustments on code ,this was just something I was wondering about . No need for me to try some new strategy I just need to play better and I'm sure I'll get those 1000 corpses on the first trip to the house at some point .

#6903 7 years ago

Once steals are reactivated, you can play a 2 or 3 person game and steal corpses from other players Of course that will be even more fun once innoculation is active too. Not totally sure the details now but it discourages replaying completed modes by its high risk/reward structure.

Is there a list of features to be implemented with a rough timeframe that can be shared?

PS - I asked Santa for more RZ code

#6904 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Laseriffic also has the fluorescent orange plastic protectors for the slings and return lanes:
http://laseriffic.myshopify.com/collections/plastic-protectors/products/rob-zombie-plastic-protectors
I have a feeling they'd really pop with the UV GI upgrade.

I'll find out when I get my game.

#6905 7 years ago

Can't find a bonus credit setting for this game...is it hidden somewhere? Also is turning off the start button led when no credit is on the game in the near future?

#6906 7 years ago

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you get more switch hits keeping balls active off the 4 slings and 3 pops than letting them drain for a single switch in the trough? This game isn't designed like the cookie-cutter Stern that feeds balls from the shooter directly into the pops below the lanes.

#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you get more switch hits keeping balls active off the 4 slings and 3 pops than letting them drain for a single switch in the trough? This game isn't designed like the cookie-cutter Stern that feeds balls from the shooter directly into the pops below the lanes.

You're not missing anything...

#6908 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't you get more switch hits keeping balls active off the 4 slings and 3 pops than letting them drain for a single switch in the trough

You'd get like 8 hits for a drain ... 7 trough switches and the shooter lane.

But yeah, it'd be best to keep smashing them around the PF for more hits.

rd

#6909 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You'd get like 8 hits for a drain ... 7 trough switches and the shooter lane.
But yeah, it'd be best to keep smashing them around the PF for more hits.
rd

Yes this is exactly why I was asking , 8 switch hits for each ball drain if you count the shooter lane . Also think how fast a ball would roll through an empty trough ,7 switches in less than a second , I'm not sure a single ball could collect that many switch hits in that amount time from the playfield . To be clear I was not suggesting any changes to code or anything (I think Fawzma got it right ) I was just curious if they did count , and if they did I was going to see if I could use that to my advantage .

#6910 7 years ago

No offense, but imo draining your balls as strategy to collect switches is stupid.

#6911 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

No offense, but imo draining your balls as strategy to collect switches is stupid.

Yep , that's why I said Fawzma got it right , but if it was in the code that trough switches counted I was going to try to take advantage of it , that's all .

#6912 7 years ago

It's tough to get 1,000 corpses on one trip to the house ( I have not done it yet ) so just looking for the best way to get to 1,000 . So far the best way I personally have found is to try and keep the chop save active while in house of 1,000 corpses .

#6913 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's tough to get 1,000 corpses on one trip to the house

Yep, I think I've only done it 2-3 times. Usually it seems to end at 700ish.

Thank heavens it saves progress.

rd

#6914 7 years ago

Is there a change log for all the revisions? I'm unable to spend much time on Pinside nowadays, and I've been waiting for infection mode to be fixed before updating. Instead of asking every time I come on here, if infection mode is fixed (and if not, when will it be?), a change log on Spooky's site would tell me.

#6915 7 years ago

I am also waiting on the flipper code coming back for adult mode

#6916 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I am also waiting on the flipper code coming back for adult mode

The flipper code was removed, but there IS a button combo you can use at startup for a single session.

I also wanted to mention another awesome perk to buying from a small company. I asked Kayte if there was any way I could get a set of Red Hot plastics without the hole in them, expecting that there was no way. Well, these came in the mail today.

20161224_144650 (resized).jpg20161224_144650 (resized).jpg

#6917 7 years ago

So my wife got me the RZ topper for Christmas. It says to plug it into the top right four pin connector on the board but there is already something plugged in. I am guessing it's the upgraded lights for radio , robut and chicken bucket. Has anybody else got the topper . Did you have to get an additional splitter?

#6918 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The flipper code was removed, but there IS a button combo you can use at startup for a single session.
I also wanted to mention another awesome perk to buying from a small company. I asked Kayte if there was any way I could get a set of Red Hot plastics without the hole in them, expecting that there was no way. Well, these came in the mail today.

Make sure the auto adult feature is turned on in the main menu system. Then when you hold start + left flipper button, turn on the machine it will go into adult mode. powering off then back on it will default to family.

#6919 7 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

So my wife got me the RZ topper for Christmas. It says to plug it into the top right four pin connector on the board but there is already something plugged in. I am guessing it's the upgraded lights for radio , robut and chicken bucket. Has anybody else got the topper . Did you have to get an additional splitter?

The RZ with the lighted toys, etc. installed have this connector already used. Pinball Life sells a nice splitter for $8.95. If is nice to have some extra power connectors for additional play field lighting also.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

#6920 7 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

You are correct, the lighted toys upgrade from the factory uses this port. If you want to add a topper or any other mods you will need this splitter:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

#6921 7 years ago

Awesome thank you

#6922 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

....When when you hold start + left flipper button, turn on the machine it will go into adult mode....

I knew doing one c@ck pushup a day, every day, might come in handy... eventually

#6923 7 years ago

I don't recall if it was in this thread or the email from Spooky regarding the toy mods but somewhere they did make mention of needing the Pinheck power tap for any additional mods. For anyone not driving a topper, it might be more beneficial to locate the tap under the playfield where the three pairs of black and yellow wires from the toys come together. When my game arrived I noticed that the green LEDs in the robot weren't working and found that those yellow and black wires came together in a single IDC plug. The pair from the robot must have been on top of the stack because when I seated them a bit more firmly and squeezed the plug, the eyes lit up and have been good ever since.

Does anyone know offhand what voltage the GI runs at? I keep meaning to take a meter to it and check, have a few ideas I'd like to try.

#6924 7 years ago

Finally updated from the original code (LE #4) to ver 15. Great work in progress and appears to be more balanced scoring. A couple of minor 'bugs' or anomalies that I don't recall being mentioned:

Now that there are high score tables for multiple achievements, I know that the display is supposed to default to the name, already entered. However, if the name is only two initials like mine (RM), then it doesn't default to END, but to "A" for the third letter. Not a big deal to flip over one and then press end, but would be nice if it retained the blank and defaulted to END.

So, like many others, I'm getting the random ball stuck up on the left habitrail during multiball. I usually play until the other balls drain, then attempt to move the glass. I use the switch on the coin door (pulled out) to keep the coils energized and park the ball on a flipper. Then try to get the lockbar and glass on with one hand while holding the flipper and close the coin door. The problem is, when the door closes, the switch makes a momentary transition from pulled out to pushed in, and in the dead zone of the switch drops the flipper and drains my ball. When you've got an epic game going, this tends to cause MF's to fly out and the 11 year old who is watching TV nearby wonders what happened Is it possible to add a debounce to that switch so that it has to be off for .5 seconds before releasing the coils?

#6925 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Finally updated from the original code (LE #4) to ver 15. Great work in progress and appears to be more balanced scoring. A couple of minor 'bugs' or anomalies that I don't recall being mentioned:
Now that there are high score tables for multiple achievements, I know that the display is supposed to default to the name, already entered. However, if the name is only two initials like mine (RM), then it doesn't default to END, but to "A" for the third letter. Not a big deal to flip over one and then press end, but would be nice if it retained the blank and defaulted to END.
So, like many others, I'm getting the random ball stuck up on the left habitrail during multiball. I usually play until the other balls drain, then attempt to move the glass. I use the switch on the coin door (pulled out) to keep the coils energized and park the ball on a flipper. Then try to get the lockbar and glass on with one hand while holding the flipper and close the coin door. The problem is, when the door closes, the switch makes a momentary transition from pulled out to pushed in, and in the dead zone of the switch drops the flipper and drains my ball. When you've got an epic game going, this tends to cause MF's to fly out and the 11 year old who is watching TV nearby wonders what happened Is it possible to add a debounce to that switch so that it has to be off for .5 seconds before releasing the coils?

or fix the design flaw that's causing the random ball to get stuck (hopefully before mine gets built)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6926 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

or fix the design flaw that's causing the random ball to get stuck (hopefully before mine gets built)

Are you guys referring to the LDG ramp and/or the wireform after it? I have never had a ball stuck there, just fyi.

#6927 7 years ago

Same here, I've yet to have a stuck ball that I had to take the glass off for and I had a house full of cymbal-banging monkeys playing it nonstop over the holiday. Hadn't noticed the A/end thing but I too use only two initials so I'll pay attention next time I get my name up - it might be fixed in v16 already.

#6928 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Are you guys referring to the LDG ramp and/or the wireform after it? I have never had a ball stuck there, just fyi.

I too haven't had a ball get physically stuck or even see anything close (at ~6.6* pitch). Darn fast ramp usually . #149.

#6929 7 years ago

Pitch +\- can significantly impact frequency or infrequency of stuck balls on any pinball machine. Those with stuck balls may consider adjusting pitch and see if still occurs

#6930 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I haven't had a ball stuck there. But perhaps a coil door ball save could be added so if the coin door is opened, you can let the ball drain and it will give it back to you when the coin door is closed.

A couple other thinks I'd like to see added in code:

- It seems like the score virtually always ends in 00 making the match at the end rather uninteresting. Also the last digits of the score are difficult to read due to the while letters on light blue background. Might be nice to change the scoring to make the match more random and the numbers more readable.

- During House of 1k corpses it is difficult to monitor how many corpses you've collected while playing the multi ball, and this is such an intense part of the game that it seems like if you look at the screen you loose a ball. This is due to issues like the superpops animation coming up way too often. Even when watching others play the number of corpses is often shown only for a fraction of a second and can be hard to catch. The number of corpses collected should be visible much more often , maybe even continuously during this multi ball. Also consider call outs when certain numbers of corpses are collected (e.g. 100, 250, 500, 750, etc.)

- I would like to see the score shown more often during the game.

- It would be nice to know how much a Jackpot is worth when it is earned, perhaps this could be added to the animation on the screen.

#6931 7 years ago

It's not getting caught IN the habitrail....ball is getting launched from collisions and landing between habitrail and cabinet side. It's not a degree of slope issue. Someone else posted a picture of it earlier in the thread...I thought it was Rotordave. It's happened a couple of times for me and only during multiball due to collisions.

EDIT: Took a picture....the ball rests against the screw head. Most times, it's violent enough that the ball travels down the plastic and usually drops into the outlane. So more than a few balls have ended up in this area, but on a rare occasion it sticks against the screw.

20161228_134423 (resized).jpg20161228_134423 (resized).jpg

#6932 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

when the door closes, the switch makes a momentary transition from pulled out to pushed in, and in the dead zone of the switch drops the flipper and drains my ball

Put the ball in the shooter lane instead.

Don't worry about keeping the door switch out ... let it turn off the coils as per usual. Put the glass back on and the lock bar, and when you close the door the shooter cool will fire the ball back into play.

rd

#6933 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Put the ball in the shooter lane instead.
Don't worry about keeping the door switch out ... let it turn off the coils as per usual. Put the glass back on and the lock bar, and when you close the door the shooter cool will fire the ball back into play.
rd

Good idea....I'm so used to pulling out the coil switch which of course would launch the ball I've just done the flipper cradle. But obviously your way is better!

#6934 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Good idea....I'm so used to pulling out the coil switch which of course would launch the ball I've just done the flipper cradle. But obviously your way is better!

And trying to hold one flipper button, put the glass on and put the lockbar on all at the same time is an exercise in gymnastics at best ...

rd

#6935 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pitch +\- can significantly impact frequency or infrequency of stuck balls on any pinball machine. Those with stuck balls may consider adjusting pitch and see if still occurs

Indeed, this happened on my first two games before I bothered to adjust anything. Fortunately I was able to push the ball into the shooter lane from underneath with the coin door open and just pick back up where I left off.

IMG_0230 (resized).JPGIMG_0230 (resized).JPG

#6936 7 years ago

Played a few games on an RZ right out of the box yesterday. We saw a few small issues.

Hardware related, the speaker wires to the upper 2 tweeters had pulled out from the amp in the lower cabinet (presumably during shipping or lifting the upper cabinet up for the first time) resulting in only bass. Easy fix, but still. Pop bumper (bucket of chicken) was randomly firing every few seconds on its own without being hit. Ball ejecting onto upper playfield rolls right down the wireform 9 times out of 10. No chance to save it. These are all just small things fixed with small tweaks but just mentioning it for Spooky in case they can make small changes to future games. We also witnessed a person hitting what appeared to be all 3 steps of the skill shot but only got credit for the first step. Need to look at that one a little more to see what happened. But more than one of us saw the same thing.

Software related (version 16 came on the game), a few very minor things. When you're entering your initials for a high score there is no music playing? Just the clicking sound as you move through the letters? Really feels like some song should be jamming at this time. Also, after entering your 3rd initial, it doesn't go to "end", it just takes your first 3 initials entered and you have no chance to correct your 3rd initial if you made a mistake. Lastly, there is no "Ball Saved" animation? The ball just flies back into play? I think you really need an animation or at least flash the words 'Ball Saved!' on the screen.

Game really rocks though! A lot of fun.

#6937 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone has seen this one yet, as it's on the way to hellbound. I've never reached HB myself until today, and not knowing what it is, or what it should do, not sure where the errors are. BUT, when the DMD says hit SATAN I assume that means the Spaulding toy. So I did that over and over (not sure if that's right because the DMD isn't real helpful...feels unfinished here). Then the DMD displayed Shoot the Gate. Spaulding opened up, but my ball didn't have enough power, so as it sat at the gate, Spaulding closed and knocked the ball back into the upper PF. At this point, no amount of bashing spaulding would reopen the gate, and the DMD kept displaying Shoot the Gate. Frustrated, I took the glass off, and hit every switch on the PF multiple times, but Spaulding refused to open again. I drained the ball (had an EB waiting), and then the left orbit began flashing again...Went through the pumps again and this time when I got the Shoot the Gate message, the ball went through and the display showed Right Orbit. I hit the Right Orbit, then the Center Ramp, then drained, game over.

I could have kept it going but didn't want to spoil the surprise with the glass off, but getting that far and then having a bug spoil HB was disappointing. Probably won't get there again However, as much as I love RZ, what I did see of HB felt very unfinished and not intuitive at all....at least not as polished as the rest of the game.

#6938 7 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Played a few games on an RZ right out of the box yesterday. We saw a few small issues.
Hardware related, the speaker wires to the upper 2 tweeters had pulled out from the amp in the lower cabinet (presumably during shipping or lifting the upper cabinet up for the first time) resulting in only bass. Easy fix, but still. Pop bumper (bucket of chicken) was randomly firing every few seconds on its own without being hit. Ball ejecting onto upper playfield rolls right down the wireform 9 times out of 10. No chance to save it. These are all just small things fixed with small tweaks but just mentioning it for Spooky in case they can make small changes to future games. We also witnessed a person hitting what appeared to be all 3 steps of the skill shot but only got credit for the first step. Need to look at that one a little more to see what happened. But more than one of us saw the same thing.
Software related (version 16 came on the game), a few very minor things. When you're entering your initials for a high score there is no music playing? Just the clicking sound as you move through the letters? Really feels like some song should be jamming at this time. Also, after entering your 3rd initial, it doesn't go to "end", it just takes your first 3 initials entered and you have no chance to correct your 3rd initial if you made a mistake. Lastly, there is no "Ball Saved" animation? The ball just flies back into play? I think you really need an animation or at least flash the words 'Ball Saved!' on the screen.
Game really rocks though! A lot of fun.

As I had similar switch issues (to your chicken pop) on both (100%) of my NIB Stern's (perhaps exactly the same with a machine gun pop on MET out of the box), it's certainly not limited to Spooky having this happen on a new game.

The VUK power level can be set in the game. They have noted a 4.5 (5.5, etc.) setting will be in the next code update (as you note having 16, you may already have access to this). On my machine, power 4 can be too weak and 5 can be too strong. For whatever reason, the game seems to have broken in and the upper field is now usable the vast majority of the time (on 5 at 6.6* pitch). I could still see 4.5 being an improvement in consistency on my machine (would be interested to know from those that have access to 4.5).

On the music, I agree. It should also have something for the extra ball (during "shoot again" when it goes silent).

There is "Ball saved" text, animation, and callouts (at least in adult mode there is that I recall). I'm still on V15 though.

#6939 7 years ago

Another bug maybe with v15, but I don't recall anyone else mentioning it and it's pretty obvious, so not sure.

After downloading v15, yesterday, I went into Game Settings and changed Video Adult On and Audio Adult On. Main Settings are Auto Adult Mode Off and Adult Mode time Disabled. Played a game, and it was as expected. Today, powered up, and playing a game, the witch mode showed the cat. Audio was still adult. Went into the main and game settings to verify, and everything was still the same. So not holding the flipper shouldn't have set anything, right? And the Clock shouldn't do anything, right? I saw this before on earlier versions and the only way to get the dancing witch back was to Switch Video Adult Off and then back On. Is there some other setting I'm missing or not understanding?

#6940 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Another bug maybe with v15, but I don't recall anyone else mentioning it and it's pretty obvious, so not sure.
After downloading v15, yesterday, I went into Game Settings and changed Video Adult On and Audio Adult On. Main Settings are Auto Adult Mode Off and Adult Mode time Disabled. Played a game, and it was as expected. Today, powered up, and playing a game, the witch mode showed the cat. Audio was still adult. Went into the main and game settings to verify, and everything was still the same. So not holding the flipper shouldn't have set anything, right? And the Clock shouldn't do anything, right? I saw this before on earlier versions and the only way to get the dancing witch back was to Switch Video Adult Off and then back On. Is there some other setting I'm missing or not understanding?

[EDIT: I see now that you're saying it goes to the cat every time (?). If so, then I have not experienced that. It would be the girl every time the next time thus far.]

I occasionally see the cat and occasionally hear audio things that I assume were made specifically for the non-adult version. My presumption was there's a mix to offer less repetition. I don't at all mind seeing the cat every once in a while as it gives a sense of deeper code (whether there is more to find like that or not).

In fact, it would be awesome if you get the "crappy" cat version (with non-adult audio) if you start the mode with a score under "????" (or similar prerequisite), then of course the adult version with a good score/prerequisite (and a way to turn it off in settings). It would perhaps feel like a reward that way (many video games have implemented this sort of reward for...a long time :p [certainly as far back as NES/Metroid]). It would likely have to be noted in the mode select or something (i.e."x" unlocks adult/nude version). If it were in an arcade/bar, that tease alone may get multiple more plays out of it I would suspect (if it's seen/known).

I suppose while I'm making suggestions. As it stands, LDG girl doesn't feel like a mode at all (I know it 's not polished yet). It's mostly a distraction from the game right now IMO as it starts when I'm trying to accomplish something else, then I can't continue my goal. On all of my other machines (even the old BK), getting multiball generally allows me to continue the vast majority of my goals in multi, LDG shuts off mode access and H1kC progress (+ drop reset) and isn't fun on its own. I could see something like BSD Castle Jackpots (alternating shots) being interesting to beat LDG mode and make it feel like a mode. Shoot the ramp (or random lit shot) to light the inner orbit under LDG (H1kC shot) to collect (another animation for that would be nice if possible with light show), and have to complete this a few times (have a setting) to win the mode. Recently I was able to repeat that inner orbit shot 5 times in a row and it was rather fun to do (most of the time it isn't easy to get a clean shot on with multiball or the drop target). Would be nice to use that shot more in the game somehow.

#6941 7 years ago

Today was the day for me to get my hands on #167, Awesome overall.First odd thing was the lower right flipper was missing its coil sleeve,Kept sticking and binding up and when I figured it out I had to laugh,Had one and resolved,No biggie.Talked with spooky,Preassembled flipper units,Somebody else missed it.Had a ball stick as discussed in this thread on the left side between the rail and sidewall once,Maybe a mounted riser or something is needed to keep it from being a problem on route(evil operator here!).Handled shipping well,One bulb is out loose or whatever.The start button lit constantly as discussed earlier in this thread also is an issue for operating but not the end of the world,I plan on switching it to red the yellow just doesn't look right!If I was going to offer any constructive criticism I would say still a little dim even with the led upgrade from the factory,Looks like pinball refinery is in order to make it pop so to speak.Hoping for great things from spooky in the future and very happy from both collector and operator point of view!

20161229_171144 (resized).jpg20161229_171144 (resized).jpg

#6942 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

LDG girl doesn't feel like a mode at all (I know it 's not polished yet). It's mostly a distraction from the game right now IMO as it starts when I'm trying to accomplish something else, then I can't continue my goal.

Don't hit the LDG targets and it won't start.

If you do hit the targets and it starts, either:
A/ play and take the points because points are good
B/ let the second ball drain

Can't see a huge issue with it to be fair ..

rd

#6943 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Don't hit the LDG targets and it won't start.
If you do hit the targets and it starts, either:
A/ play and take the points because points are good
B/ let the second ball drain
Can't see a huge issue with it to be fair ..
rd

I understand those options. Of course we should never feel like (B) is an option. I suppose my main point was that it is very easy to start and successfully complete/light LDG by merely wailing the balls back up the playfield with no engagement with the mode, thus it lacks "feel" IMO. It would interact well if a shot through the H1kC shot locked the ball for a moment to see the LDG light animation (that I never notice other times during play), again, with a trigger for that shot so that there was less chance to randomly beat the mode every time. It's easy to forget the LDG toy is even there or part of that mode.

Side note: I've noticed during American Witch that it can be rather confusing what to shoot for (the DMD is often times little help past part 1). There are times where callouts seem to tell me to start over and hit the targets, but then I can still hit my main shots and can complete the mode without doing so, or vice versa the times that I'm certain the callouts are telling me to hit the ramp during part 2, yet I do have to hit the targets to continue and the ramp shot does nothing.

#6944 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I understand those options. Of course we should never feel like (B) is an option.

Over in XMen land, we used to have similar discussions about completed modes restarting. ie you can complete Cyclopes, light his insert solid, and start the mode again down the track.

So some people would moan about how they only had Beast mode to complete and they started Cyclopes. My answer was always the same ... why are you hitting Cyclopes then? It's nowhere near Beast ... On XMen you can always time the modes out if you wanted to.

Personally if I had started Cyclopes I'm always going to play it because it will give me a few million points. And points are good.

With LDG you could use the multiball to collect Cards towards the Murder Ride for example. Or just keep spamming the ramp for more glorious points.

rd

#6945 7 years ago

Got my game and have been playing non stop for the past few days and I'm loving it. The phrase that keeps popping into my head is "controlled chaos"

Some thoughts on improvements, many of which others have mentioned:

-Clicking both flippers should show the scores from the previous game. I know you can do this by clicking the right flipper on the main screen but I feel like it's been industry standard now for 20 years that both flippers gives you last score. Also clicking on the right flipper moves things forward but clicking on the left flipper doesn't take you one screen back as has also been standard.

-Have an option in the menu for "Disable tilt on coin door open" and an option for "Coin door ball saver", these are both necessary if using the game in a tournament and a ball is stuck.

-When a mode is completed it would be nice to see how much was earned in that mode, especially true for Dragula video mode. Right now I kill a bunch of things but have no idea how I did at the end.

-Speaking of showing scores. Need to see scores more often for shots, especially for jackpots. Right now I hear the call out for jackpot but have no idea how much I scored.

-Would like to see more movement from the robot. Seems a bit under utilized right now.

-Would like to see some sort of running total for House of 1000. Maybe even some cool animation of corpses piling up

Overall, I'm super happy I got in on this and can't wait to get deeper into the game.

#6946 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[EDIT: I see now that you're saying it goes to the cat every time (?). If so, then I have not experienced that. It would be the girl every time the next time thus far.]
I occasionally see the cat and occasionally hear audio things that I assume were made specifically for the non-adult version. My presumption was there's a mix to offer less repetition. I don't at all mind seeing the cat every once in a while as it gives a sense of deeper code (whether there is more to find like that or not).
In fact, it would be awesome if you get the "crappy" cat version (with non-adult audio) if you start the mode with a score under "????" (or similar prerequisite).

Can't say for sure if every time but at least you're seeing what I am. I respectfully disagree...if I'm in adult video mode I want to see the naked dancing witch....period. I hate the cat

#6947 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Indeed, this happened on my first two games before I bothered to adjust anything. Fortunately I was able to push the ball into the shooter lane from underneath with the coin door open and just pick back up where I left off.

This exact same thing happened to me too in the first couple days. I jerry-rigged a piece of metal and installed it to prevent this from happening again. This ball trap can be particularly bad if on location. There's a reason pinball manufacturers have made the ball kickout area/shooter lane cover out of sturdy metal and so that the ball can only go to the shooter lane from the trough. The way it's engineered now, the ball can easily jump underneath the shooter lane cover and either get stuck there on top of the shooter rod and/or drop into the cabinet. Seems like an oversight. Charlie, please re-engineer the shooter lane cover area for your next game

#6948 7 years ago

Definitely agree that living dead girl needs to be a stackable mode. And definitely agree there needs to be a running counter for 1000 corpses.

Also the extra ball needs something. Always puzzled when the machine seems to go dead for several seconds.

And lastly before I shut up, infection mode needs to be in the top 2 of bug fixes. That was a feature that really helps set RZ apart. Miss it.

#6949 7 years ago

I realize infection modes were causing fuses to blow so can we get the bug fixed so we can have them back

#6950 7 years ago

I'm reading a lot of great suggestions on code improvements! Nice.

Fawzma, are you still watching this thread and keeping notes? Thoughts? I'm also curious when you think the next code release (v 17?) might come? Are you done working on Domino's for now or are you working on anything for game #4?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.