2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 223.
#6851 7 years ago

The non-refunable idea is just fine. It weeds out those that are buying on speculation and just to hold up a number. Maybe make it where it is transferable easy and everybody wins.

So say you put the 1k down and then decide that its not a machine for you. Then it should be on you to "save" your deposit. The person that puts the deposit down can sell there spot to someone else that they find, or maybe spooky has a waiting list and they coan "assist" you in finding someone to take your spot. Spooky should not have to try to sell the same machine twice. If you want to reserve the spot, you should have risk yourself.

I have only backed out of one game, and that was MMR. I bought in at expo when announced that they were making 1000 of them. I was all for that. When they opened the floodgates and said that they will make unlimited numbers and changed everything, i was no longer interested and asked for my money back

Troy

#6852 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have finally completed all the modes

I got all excited when I read that and thought you'd got to the Wizard!

Agree that Demonoid is the hardest, especially the right hand rollover on the upper playfield. Miss it and you gotta shoot the ball back up again!

rd

#6853 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got all excited when I read that and thought you'd got to the Wizard!
Agree that Demonoid is the hardest, especially the right hand rollover on the upper playfield. Miss it and you gotta shoot the ball back up again!
rd

Damn, I wish ,The best I've done is 6 completed modes in a single game . Getting to Hell bound on this game is going to be very diificult for me , but I see it as a goal that I will reach in time . Right now I'm trying to get consistant at all the modes .It's awesome that you made it there Dave this game is tough .

#6854 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

It's awesome that you made it there Dave this game is tough .

I might set up the video camera and see if I can do it again. I love a challenge.

rd

#6855 7 years ago

I got to play Dave's zombie today. I've had a bunch of pins over the years so here's my quick take on it.

The playfield is a thing of beauty, clear coat just seemed superior to Stern. Entire art package, cab, playfield, translite are all outstanding. The pictures I've seen and videos watched made it look a bit dull, sparce, Mini playfield just not inspiring. However, how completely different it is when standing in front of it, it looks 100% complete and mini playfield actually very challenging.

Awesome theme, awesome playing game. Only thing Spooky is doing wrong......not making enough of them!

#6856 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

I got to play Dave's zombie today. I've had a bunch of pins over the years so here's my quick take on it.
The playfield is a thing of beauty, clear coat just seemed superior to Stern. Entire art package, cab, playfield, translite are all outstanding. The pictures I've seen and videos watched made it look a bit dull, sparce, Mini playfield just not inspiring. However, how completely different it is when standing in front of it, it looks 100% complete and mini playfield actually very challenging.
Awesome theme, awesome playing game. Only thing Spooky is doing wrong......not making enough of them!

And the 'translite' is a actually a backglass, something Stern gave up on.....

#6857 7 years ago

So I've had #163 in my house for just over a week and just hit 100 plays. Also, I appear to be living in the future since my code version is v16.

FawzmaGames Some thoughts:
- Mode points aren't getting added to my main score. So I can come out of a mode with 5M mode points and my score will only be 1M. Could be fun to have those added in bonus to make tilting a brutal mistake. Maybe not.
- WHAT progress doesn't seem to be saved and I haven't managed to dial mine in to the point where I can get more than two or 3 flips on the ball before it drains out of the upper playfield. Would be nice if you finish off a pair of gas and chicken the progress was saved.
- Lock sometimes is lit but ball goes through. Usually the next time I hit the shot it captures, but I've had to hit it 3 times once before lock was held.
- Living Dead Girl: I've come to dislike and avoid this mode. Not worth much points and blocks progress on everything else. Maybe allow it to be stacked with a mode?
- Left flipper: If I'm not already in a mode (which is often) then having the ball on the left flipper feels like jail. Can't hit the lock target, can't start a mode. I guess I can hit Living Dead Girl, but as I said I'm actively avoiding that. The post transfer is becoming possible as my rubbers break in but still feels like there should be something valuable to do from the left flipper if you aren't in a mode. Maybe the cards will be that?

Knit picking:
- It would be nice if game start overrode the match sequence so I don't have to wait to get back into it.
- I don't love extra ball coming from a skill shot. Feels like it should come from completing a couple modes? Or maybe starting 3 modes?

Anyway, I'm having a blast learning the rules as I go. I know there are videos out there with glass off tutorials, but that would take away the fun for me. Game is wicked fast and I'm enjoying the variety of modes. I might like to see a combo system or something but I expect y'all have ideas for the shots that currently are a bit under utilized.

#6858 7 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

So I've had #163 in my house for just over a week and just hit 100 plays. Also, I appear to be living in the future since my code version is v16.
fawzmagames Some thoughts:
- Mode points aren't getting added to my main score. So I can come out of a mode with 5M mode points and my score will only be 1M. Could be fun to have those added in bonus to make tilting a brutal mistake. Maybe not.
- WHAT progress doesn't seem to be saved and I haven't managed to dial mine in to the point where I can get more than two or 3 flips on the ball before it drains out of the upper playfield. Would be nice if you finish off a pair of gas and chicken the progress was saved.
- Lock sometimes is lit but ball goes through. Usually the next time I hit the shot it captures, but I've had to hit it 3 times once before lock was held.
- Living Dead Girl: I've come to dislike and avoid this mode. Not worth much points and blocks progress on everything else. Maybe allow it to be stacked with a mode?
- Left flipper: If I'm not already in a mode (which is often) then having the ball on the left flipper feels like jail. Can't hit the lock target, can't start a mode. I guess I can hit Living Dead Girl, but as I said I'm actively avoiding that. The post transfer is becoming possible as my rubbers break in but still feels like there should be something valuable to do from the left flipper if you aren't in a mode. Maybe the cards will be that?
Knit picking:
- It would be nice if game start overrode the match sequence so I don't have to wait to get back into it.
- I don't love extra ball coming from a skill shot. Feels like it should come from completing a couple modes? Or maybe starting 3 modes?
Anyway, I'm having a blast learning the rules as I go. I know there are videos out there with glass off tutorials, but that would take away the fun for me. Game is wicked fast and I'm enjoying the variety of modes. I might like to see a combo system or something but I expect y'all have ideas for the shots that currently are a bit under utilized.

Great feedback, thanks for sharing. Ill be joining the official owner feedback train the first week of the year- I imagine I'll echo yours exactly

#6859 7 years ago

I have the game for two weeks now (#155) and I love it the more I play it. Challenging shots, the upper slings really make for fast and crazy game play. The music and call outs are great and I can't wait to hear the rest of the callouts that Charlie says are coming. I am very happy with my first Spooky purchase. Great build quality. Excellent customer service.

#6860 7 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

o I've had #163 in my house for just over a week and just hit 100 plays. Also, I appear to be living in the future since my code version is v16.

Cool that you have one Lucus!

You made some good comments ..

- with the mode score, I also noticed that and passed it on to Fawzma. I don't know if the displayed mode score is wrong (seems to be high to me) or it isn't adding correctly. But they definitely don't correlate.
- extra ball lights after 2 (?) completed modes. And again after 6 I think. As well as if you can fluke the skill shot. I got two in one game yesterday which was amazing. I rarely get any!
- WHAT .. no progress saved. But I like the randomness of the upper PF, it would be way too easy if the ball just dropped on to the flipper every shot. I had to hit the PF like 4 times yesterday to finish the WHAT mode, which is challenging. Even more challenging to shoot the ball back up there again and get the jackpots while you're juggling your balls (fnrrrrr fnrrrrr) down the bottom.
- lock - maybe check your switch in the mini loop? Ball might be skipping over it and not registering. I haven't had that issue so I don't think it is a software one.
- left flipper - agree, but a lot of games are like that. I hit the ramp and roll it over to the right and go for mode start again.

Enjoy your game! Fun times for alllllllllll!

PS I still haven't read that book you gave me. The movie will come out before I have ... I'm hopeless. Lol

rd

#6861 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

I just heard from Kayte and the game is spoken for. Such a cool and different game than anything else out there, I'm sure the new buyer will be happy.

#6862 7 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Downtown Brown in the house!

rd

#6863 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

- with the mode score, I also noticed that and passed it on to Fawzma. I don't know if the displayed mode score is wrong (seems to be high to me) or it isn't adding correctly. But they definitely don't correlate.

I hope it isn't that they are worth too many. Given that House of 1000 Corpses is worth 50M or so for completing the modes need to be worth more otherwise they are pointless. 6 modes at an average value of of 10M would only be 6OM points vs. 50M for 1 mode of corpses. Also, I'm not coming close to averaging 10M a mode. More like 3-5. So even if they are were added in I'm not sure it would be worth doing if you're going for score.

Quoted from rotordave:

- lock - maybe check your switch in the mini loop? Ball might be skipping over it and not registering. I haven't had that issue so I don't think it is a software one.
rd

Huh, it doesn't happen often so maybe you're right.

As for the book, your loss. It is awesome and you'd love it.

#6864 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I love the theme, but after several discussions with my wife, we have decided against having this game with a 5 and a 1 year old. I'm a huge rock and metal fan, and I don't want to have to keep this game covered up. I have contacted Spooky to see about giving up my spot for number 198. So anyone thinking of getting in should contact them immediately. This one is on the build line and has the "mods". I also told Spooky that I would be willing to pay half of the mod cost for the new buyer since it's already in production.

Why the down votes?

#6865 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

After several discussions with my wife, we have decided against having this game with a 5 and a 1 year old. I'm a huge rock and metal fan, and I don't want to have to keep this game covered up, etc. I have contacted Spooky to see about giving up my spot for number 198. So anyone thinking of getting in should contact them immediately. This one is on the build line and has the "mods".

Maybe you should have discussed this a year ago and not put down what was supposed to be a non refundable deposit. Especially considering you asked for a custom made game with mods.

#6866 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Why the down votes?

This exactly

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Maybe you should have discussed this a year ago and not put down what was supposed to be a non refundable deposit. Especially considering you asked for a custom made game with mods.

#6867 7 years ago

Maybe you don't know anything about my situation. I didn't say I was going to stiff Spooky on the game purchase, I said I would pass it on if there is a buyer.

#6868 7 years ago
Quoted from Artimage:

As for the book, your loss. It is awesome and you'd love it.

I bet! I only just figured out why I had stopped reading books ... my eyes had gone to shit. My far vision is great but close up, everything was blurry. It happened so gradually, I didn't even notice.

So now I have my new "reading" glasses and my pinball playing has improved out of sight (pun!) And reading isn't a chore any more.

Old people .. go get your eyes checked.

rd

#6869 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Maybe you don't know anything about my situation. I didn't say I was going to stiff Spooky on the game purchase, I said I would pass it on if there is a buyer.

If you need several discussions with the wife regarding a pinball machine content. Well...

#6870 7 years ago

Is there any Mods that you would have the factory install that's a must have?

#6871 7 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you need several discussions with the wife regarding a pinball machine content. Well...

How many times have I read this on this site? Man, people really love to twist sh*t to stroke their own egos around here.

#6872 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I bet! I only just figured out why I had stopped reading books ... my eyes had gone to shit. My far vision is great but close up, everything was blurry. It happened so gradually, I didn't even notice.
So now I have my new "reading" glasses and my pinball playing has improved out of sight (pun!) And reading isn't a chore any more.
Old people .. go get your eyes checked.
rd

You made it longer than me brother. I had to get glasses 5 years ago.

Quoted from JoeHog:

I asked the same question of Fawzma a while back. He said he feels the game is empty without the Back Alley stuff. I went ahead and got the upgraded LEDs too; I really love them! I think they add a lot. But you don't play light shows, so your mileage may vary. Plastic protectors, I didn't, but I'm HUO. Shaker... I took Rotor Dave's advice and just turned up the base. The knocker.. I may go ahead and get one later, but again, doesn't affect game play.

#6873 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeHog:

Honestly, I needed anti-rattle tape for the playfield glass. The 2nd best upgrade was 2 spot lights added to the right sling shot. I used purple in both to brighten the playfield a bit from pinballbulbs.com. Both make the game stock/ready to go. The knocker and shaker isn't really a big deal but could see getting them down the road.

Actually, I thought of adding lighted flipper bats from PinetaryPinball but that's it.

#6874 7 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

but after several discussions with my wife, we have decided against having this game with a 5 and a 1 year old.

Dude...posts like this is the reason why Spooky won't include the coin slot door animation.
Man, I really want the walls painted red with the code/sound/animation on this Spooky machine because there is too much censorship with pinball machines already. Good job to you all at Spooky.

#6875 7 years ago

Played some games last night, the modes still aren't showing that they've been completed on the DMD after you complete them on version 15.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6876 7 years ago

We have a NIB RZ with all the factory upgrades. LEDs, plastic protectors and lighted toys for only $6800. PM me if interested.

#6877 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Dude...posts like this is the reason why Spooky won't include the coin slot door animation.
blockquote>

Never heard of this. What was the animation supposed to do? Spooky has already blown the doors off the game with stuff. Might as well go all the way with everything. I mean most of the time the game says the F-Bomb 2 seconds after you hit start. Everyone so far loves it.

#6878 7 years ago

Maybe he just found out he had young children at home or something. I don't get it either.

#6879 7 years ago
Quoted from RavagedUnicorn:

Okay, we were teased about the coin slot animation. It has to be included at this point. You can't just hint at this and not show us anything. There is an adult mode for a reason.

It was mentioned briefly during a test game video on YouTube/twitch.

#6880 7 years ago

My daughter likes Rob Zombie as well . She says she is getting good at the ramp shot .

20161218_172919 (resized).jpg20161218_172919 (resized).jpg

#6881 7 years ago

Is there a v16 changelog available? At least one game has shipped with this code and I'm interested to see what's changed.

#6882 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Maybe he just found out he had young children at home or something. I don't get it either.

Or maybe after getting to actually spend some time playing the game I decided to pass my spot on to someone else who would be able to get the full bloody experience. And let me just repeat this one more time - I didn't say I was going to stiff Spooky on the game purchase, I said I would pass it on if there is a buyer - which there is.

#6883 7 years ago

So fawzma when playing house of 1000 corpses do trough switches count? Honest question because it seems as though it could be a good strategy to let some balls drain while ball save is lit. If they do count I like it , this game seems like good strategy will help you advance further and I like that .

#6884 7 years ago

Just got the notice that it has shipped. Game 161 & 177 for those keeping track.

#6885 7 years ago

Here are other potential mods I might try down the road beside the gas pumps I mentioned.

Mounting chase lights around the Captain Spaulding and Fried Chicken/Gasoline signs from here. These match what was in the movie.

http://lights4models.com/index.php/chase-lights.html

http://lights4models.com/index.php/ho-scale-gooseneck-factory-exterior-model-light.html

tLvzj0z (resized).jpgtLvzj0z (resized).jpg

#6886 7 years ago

Love the chase lights idea.

#6887 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Is there a v16 changelog available? At least one game has shipped with this code and I'm interested to see what's changed.

V016 - 20/OCT/2016
Update - Added extra paramters to the PROP reboot command to prevent a false reboot due to bad command
Update - Increased delay between Prop reboot and PIC reboot when coming out of menu system
Fixed - Moved 4 SFX files from the S folder to W, folders should only have no more than 64 files per folder.
This might have been causing "phantom tilts"

The phantom tilt thing is not because of files as we later found out.

#6888 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

So fawzma when playing house of 1000 corpses do trough switches count? Honest question because it seems as though it could be a good strategy to let some balls drain while ball save is lit. If they do count I like it , this game seems like good strategy will help you advance further and I like that .

You would need to send me a PM of what you had in mind. I don't quite get what you are getting at.

#6889 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You would need to send me a PM of what you had in mind. I don't quite get what you are getting at.

I think I can paraphrase. The ball trough has switches to see each ball. Whan starting 1000 switch mode, do EVERY switch in the game count? i.e. do the trough switches count?

If they do, then a smart strategy is to let balls drain as the multi starts. This means each drained ball will add 5? switch hits (one for each trough switch). with ball save on, then you still get the ball back and are adding free switch hits.

#6890 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think I can paraphrase. The ball trough has switches to see each ball. Whan starting 1000 switch mode, do EVERY switch in the game count? i.e. do the trough switches count?
If they do, then a smart strategy is to let balls drain as the multi starts. This means each drained ball will add 5? switch hits (one for each trough switch). with ball save on, then you still get the ball back and are adding free switch hits.

Trough switches are trough switches.. they don't count... I'll need to talk to my overlord about this. Otherwise it becomes an option (yes I know they read these comments)

#6891 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Trough switches are trough switches.. they don't count... I'll need to talk to my overlord about this. Otherwise it becomes an option (yes I know they read these comments)

Shouldn't get rewarded for balls draining.

#6892 7 years ago

Strategic draining to get 0.5% closer to 1k switch hits? I would imagine your ball save time is better spent Apollo 13'ing those bad boys for as long as possible.

#6893 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I think doug is suggesting it is strategy. there are actually lots of time to use this strategy in games and it can be fun. I have no real opinion on RZ 1000 mode, but can understand the idea and dig it in theory.

Bascially you are strategically allowing a ball to drain with the idea that you can make more controlled shots with fewer balls on the table. The reward is you get 5 free switch hits. The risk is that ball saver can turn off at any second and you just gave a ball away to the pinball drain gods.

#6894 7 years ago

It's a 7 ball trough, not that that makes much difference. My opinion is that they shouldn't count. Strategic draining is still in play, even without the trough switches being active.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The phantom tilt thing is not because of files as we later found out.

I guess I'm going to have to buy some ferrites to try. @twenty84, Did you use any particular value? Just clip-on without looping the wire multiple times?

#6895 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How about if you drain your balls at the wrong time, the game reverts to family mode?

#6896 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

How about if you drain your balls at the wrong time, the game reverts to family mode?

Your balls already get chopped off for draining at the wrong time..

#6897 7 years ago

Hi guys.

I have RZ coming next year and want to get every possible mod and upgrade.
I already have the factory lighted toys and plastic protectors added to the build. And a custom shooter rod.

Looking for the shaker, cupholders, knocker and a kick ass topper.
And whatever else is currently available. Please include vendor info.

Thanks!

#6899 7 years ago

Laseriffic also has the fluorescent orange plastic protectors for the slings and return lanes:
http://laseriffic.myshopify.com/collections/plastic-protectors/products/rob-zombie-plastic-protectors

I have a feeling they'd really pop with the UV GI upgrade.

#6900 7 years ago

Spooky's site is still downloading v015 btw.

Why did Laseriffic stop selling the toppers so quickly? I know they moved at one point but Spooky wasn't even at a 3rd way of their run before it was done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 20.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.