2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 223.
#6801 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Quoted from twenty84:
I later looked at the voltage across the tilt bob with an oscilloscope. This is a 3.3V signal that is grounded when the tilt bob hits the ring. When the game is in operation there was a lot of noise. In my game the cables for the tilt bob were routed (and in some areas tightly bound to) the same wires that were carrying high voltage to the solenoids.
As soon as you made me aware of this... we made the running change in production. Then I think I (or at least should have) asked if you were moving to Benton?! Seriously... VERY smart catch, and silly of us to have done in the first place.

Can some kind of official release/fix with pictures and details be provided to those of us that are stupid and don't understand what you all are talking about. You can even draw it in crayon, it might help me.

#6802 7 years ago

I was thinking of replacing the gas pump with something like this. Closest I could find to the ones in the movie ala vintage 70's.

139569-10911-pristine (resized).jpg139569-10911-pristine (resized).jpg

A4_1 (resized).jpgA4_1 (resized).jpg

#6803 7 years ago

From spooky Facebook page, it appears you can still order this game if you email them. I'm already on the list but if you're looking for one, email them.

#6804 7 years ago

You Rob zombis owners, are you digging your game ?
I have a beautiful TZ, color dmd, lots of mods, Guy wants me to trade ? Will I like this game ? Pm me if you prefer Thanks Ken

#6805 7 years ago

I love mine, but pinball is different for everyone. You can come play mine if you like.

#6806 7 years ago

Drive out to Concord Games and play it -- great location.
-mof

#6807 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have a beautiful TZ, color dmd, lots of mods, Guy wants me to trade ? Will I like this game ? Pm me if you prefer Thanks Ken

I got mine this last Saturday. I'm absofuckinglutely digging it !!!!

#6808 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

RZ is awesome ! I am loving this game . Completely different type of gamethan TZ , if you have a chance to go play RZ do so , so you can decide for yourself how you feel about it.

#6809 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

From spooky Facebook page, it appears you can still order this game if you email them. I'm already on the list but if you're looking for one, email them.

Crazy so many cancelled and backed out .... also alot of them for sale on pinside. Was thinking the next title from spooky wld double in production size but not so sure now.

#6810 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Crazy so many cancelled and backed out .... also alot of them for sale on pinside. Was thinking the next title from spooky wld double in production size but not so sure now.

Agreed, I got an email from Spooky that I could buy one and I chickened out due to so many being for sale... I would still love an AMH, but think I'll wait for game 3

#6811 7 years ago

I have an LE and I was thinking was a just ok game after the update I love it !! So much better than when come out...can't wait for more codes!!!

#6812 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Being that the pin kicks ass, I tend think a lot of the cancellations were due to people not having the scratch when it came due and/or speculators realizing they would not be able to quick flip it for a big profit.

If you are getting bored of TZ and like fast, challenging, rare and beautiful pins I say go for it. If Superpins with lots of interactive toys, ramps and mechanisms are your favorite don't do it.

#6813 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Being that the pin kicks ass, I tend think a lot of the cancellations were due to people not having the scratch when it came due and/or speculators realizing they would not be able to quick flip it for a big profit.
If you are getting bored of TZ and like fast, challenging, rare and beautiful pins I say go for it. If Superpins with lots of interactive toys, ramps and mechanisms are your favorite don't do it.

Seriously doubt it was the money as its one of the cheaper options out there for nib. Seems the used market has went to hell also for them recently. Im guessing most have played one by now and just didn't care for it unfortunately. Its not a bad pin but not my kind of pin but i have no doubt they will sell and i hope this dont mess things up for the next title as i was hoping that spooky wld still grow and do 500-600 units.

#6814 7 years ago

I have number 113 and i love it. Its not going anywhere.

#6815 7 years ago

Not drinking any cool aid here but RZ is pretty bad ass. The game has the right balance of achievable goals with chaos and unpredictability. One game your stepping up the ladder to Hellbound and the next it makes you feel like a newb. From what Charlie mentioned on the previous page about adding the remaining call outs and tweaking the code here/there will polish this game up nicely.

#6816 7 years ago

Here's the deal... while the sales list was a mile deep, many were RZ fans who aren't really pinball people. They tend to suffer from sticker shock when they hear what a game actually costs and pass fast.

The 2nd problem is we built faster than many expected. We've had finished games sitting in boxes for months while people come up with payments. No biggie, we deal with it. They are happy, we are happy. All good!

The biggest problem is KT emails and says "your game is ready" ... AFTER special order items are installed (LEDs, toy upgrades, shakers, knockers, etc) ... the customer suddenly doesn't want it. So, we can be nasty and point out that buying a game and making the deposit is in fact a binding contract, or just be nice, give them the deposit back, and try to find a person who actually wants the same mods & upgrades already in some of the games. That's not always easy.

We also had a rash of people early on who flipped games fast (many before taking delivery) for a big profit. It's their game, we said nothing... clearly not what we want to see happening, but is what it is.

Bottom line is BUY IT BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE GAME. If you aren't sure, wait... play it... don't just rush and jump in because you don't want to "miss out". AMH code wasn't the beast it is now until it went from rev 22 to rev 23. RZ code will be killer when it's complete! Tons more speech and other goodness still to come.

Our website has been very clear about how your deposit helps fund a small portion of your game build the day you make it... that's the truth. When a new shiny game gets released elsewhere and suddenly 20 people "have to back out" in 1 week WITH GAMES THAT ARE DONE OR ALMOST COMPLETE HERE, it hurts a very small company like ours. In fact, just a couple of years ago it would have ended our business. Yes, this did in fact happen. We dealt with it, issued every refund, and re-sold every game quickly. Hardships will ALWAYS be dealt with kindly and personally. We understand this is only pinball, and life comes first, but going forward DEPOSITS ARE GOING TO BE NON-REFUNDABLE! Every game IS a special order and built to suit the buyer. Please treat your buying decision with this in mind.

We're about 2/3rds of the way through the RZ build... KT might have 1 available as of right now. Email her if you'd like to be added to the sales list. [email protected]

We started from basically nothing... we don't take massive amounts of money in advance, and we've now delivered over 330 games in a pretty timely fashion. We aren't going anywhere, and we hope you don't either. Our best is yet to come!

Thanks for all the support... Charlie, KT, and all the Minions.

#6817 7 years ago

The game as it sits with V15 code is great. I am a strong believer that it's going to get even better with further code updates. FawzmaGames has been nothing but stellar by being open to customer feedback and implementing suggestions into future code updates in addition to any other changes he may be working on.

When I hear people say they are not sure about buying the game because they see some for sale, I think that's a bit cowardly and they need to make decisions for themselves. As Spooky said, buy the game because you like it, period.

#6818 7 years ago

Anyone with cold feet (or just curious) that is in the area is welcome to come and play mine. It's a very unique game, and some people may not like it because of that. That's a big reason that I love it, though.

#6819 7 years ago

Cheers to the only pinball manufacturer getting games out faster than expected!

The difference in code even just from v13 to the current v15 is night an day, way more fun, with huge improvements.

#6820 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Anyone with cold feet (or just curious) that is in the area is welcome to come and play mine. It's a very unique game, and some people may not like it because of that. That's a big reason that I love it, though.

I'm buying one exactly for that reason....

#6821 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The game as it sits with V15 code is great. I am a strong believer that it's going to get even better with further code updates. fawzmagames has been nothing but stellar by being open to customer feedback and implementing suggestions into future code updates in addition to any other changes he may be working on.
When I hear people say they are not sure about buying the game because they see some for sale, I think that's a bit cowardly and they need to make decisions for themselves. As Spooky said, buy the game because you like it, period.

I totally agree with the latter comment. Bailing just because you see some other people bailing, without knowing why they're bailing, is a bit silly. And it's extra lame to leave Spooky holding the bag on your personally customized game after fully committing to the purchase. If I recall correctly, the time to back out was when the $1000 hard deposits were due. I'm really glad Spooky was financially strong enough to survive this wave of herd mentality types and welchers. I'd be immensely disappointed if it sunk them. They are my favorite Stern alternative.

#6822 7 years ago

I totally agree with the latter comment. Bailing just because you see some other people bailing, without knowing why they're bailing, is a bit silly. And it's extra lame to leave Spooky holding the bag on your personally customized game after fully committing to the purchase. If I recall correctly, the time to back out was when the $1000 hard deposits were due. I'm really glad Spooky was financially strong enough to survive this wave of herd mentality types and welchers. I'd be immensely disappointed if it sunk them. They are my favorite Stern alternative.

There's a lot more FOMO, flippers, & impatience in our hobby than I realized. RZ has proved it in a big way.

#6823 7 years ago

The game kicks but and it so fast it makes iron man feel slow,I love mine,just wish Could hit the right orbit

#6824 7 years ago

Bottom line is BUY IT BECAUSE YOU LIKE THE GAME.

+1

#6825 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

The game kicks but and it so fast it makes iron man feel slow,I love mine,just wish Could hit the right orbit

How about those two X targets just below it? I think those are even harder. Seriously, how do you hit those during that mode where you must hit every switch?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6826 7 years ago

How about those two X targets just below it? I think those are even harder. Seriously, how do you hit those during that mode where you must hit every switch?

Agreed. I've gotten to the point that I can hit the right orbit about 1/3 times, but I have no direct shot at the X targets. Usually, I try to hit the right side of the chicken bumper and have it throw the ball that way.

#6827 7 years ago

Bummer that Spooky has to make the $1k deposit non-refundable. At the same time it makes me happy to know that it adds to their viability.

#6828 7 years ago

I would imagine this is it . No one wanted to be left out on the next BBB. But from what i read about the BBB, it was not an instantaneous triple your money hit.

SO when they saw the quick flips for profit start to stagnate, they bailed.

Time will tell. We shall see what happens 1 year after they all have been delivered.

#6829 7 years ago

I got the email that mine is almost ready to ship. Can't wait for it!

I too love different games. I don't want every game to be or play identically as the others, I want variety and I choose what game I play that evening based on my mood.

Have to say if I like the theme and layout for Spooky 3 I'll be in on it too. I've been super impressed with the originality of the games coming out so far.

#6830 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

... Im guessing most have played one by now ...

Don't agree with this. Most people that have played one either did so at a pinball show or have one at home. Many people do not attend shows or did but didn't come across a RZ. Even the RZ's that have been at shows did not have current software, so these people don't have a good sense for the game. Now many more people have watched game videos, but isn't it difficult to gauge a game remotely? So as more people come across a RZ and play it, demand will grow. By then it may be too late to buy a RZ from Spooky.

There are going to be 80 BMSLE's, hundreds of BMLE's, but there will only be 300 RZ's. It is a small boutique run of a complete game, yet costs 50% less.

#6831 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I got the email that mine is almost ready to ship. Can't wait for it!

Nice! What number?

#6832 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don't agree with this. Most people that have played one either did so at a pinball show or have one at home. Many people do not attend shows or did but didn't come across a RZ. Even the RZ's that have been at shows did not have current software, so these people don't have a good sense for the game. Now many more people have watched game videos, but isn't it difficult to gauge a game remotely? So as more people come across a RZ and play it, demand will grow. By then it may be too late to buy a RZ from Spooky.
There are going to be 80 BMSLE's, hundreds of BMLE's, but there will only be 300 RZ's. It is a small boutique run of a complete game, yet costs 50% less.

And of corse an unlimited amount of premiums,same game less bling

#6833 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Bummer that Spooky has to make the $1k deposit non-refundable. At the same time it makes me happy to know that it adds to their viability.

I have no problem with non refundable 1k deposit. Pins are basically made to order, such a small company needs to cover some outlay. Plus it will help to weed out those that aren't serious. So happy with AMH, (RZ on water) and Spooky customer service.

I would put my 1k down now for game 3 if Kayte would take it. She told me no rush, advise in due course...which was cool. Shows that Spooky is not just chasing the $, unlike another manufacturer prices up quality down...just pump them out!

#6834 7 years ago

I have been saying 1k non-refundable is the way to go and glad to see it is happening.

Only makes sense.

#6835 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Agreed. I've gotten to the point that I can hit the right orbit about 1/3 times, but I have no direct shot at the X targets. Usually, I try to hit the right side of the chicken bumper and have it throw the ball that way

In Demonoid Phenomenon I feel like reducing so you even only have to hit one of the two X targets would be nice. Cause ya hitting those is just so random and pure luck. It is hard to hit them by trying and usually what I get stuck on trying to get the multiball.

#6836 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been saying 1k non-refundable is the way to go and glad to see it is happening.
Only makes sense.

I totally "get" the non-refundable part and don't disagree in principal. I understand why Charlie says the need is there and it's too bad really.

My personal issue with it and why it might be an issue for me as a future customer is this: So far, Spooky has only had a couple titles and it's been a mixed thing. If a title is going to sell out "instantly" like RZ did, the non-refundable thing sucks. If it's going to be like AMH or Dominos, where you can see it, play it, and make a decision, then it doesn't suck.

If people have seen and played the game and are then asked to put $1K non-refundable down, that's one thing. With something like RZ, we purchased based strictly on artwork (and theme for some). But we didn't get to play it before making that deposit.

Like I said, I understand. But I personally won't be plunking down $1K without getting to see and play it first. For those of us that may only do 1 or 2 shows a year, that might mean it's out for over a year before we get to see/play it.

Jaz

#6837 7 years ago

agreed Jaz.

There are potential downsides, but for the health of business I can get behind it.
Hopefully Spoky has things worked out so people will get a reasonable chance to see/play any new game BEFORE they open up sales.

The way RZ went down, it was a scramble just to get a slot and people had little choice but to buy in sight unseen. Guessing the new model will give people pause and that is probably a good thing in the long run.

#6838 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

In Demonoid Phenomenon I feel like reducing so you even only have to hit one of the two X targets would be nice. Cause ya hitting those is just so random and pure luck. It is hard to hit them by trying and usually what I get stuck on trying to get the multiball.

Full agree. Got a
Chance to play one again for first time in a while and I locked in the right orbit but those two targets on the side are a whole nother story

#6839 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Like I said, I understand. But I personally won't be plunking down $1K without getting to see and play it first. For those of us that may only do 1 or 2 shows a year, that might mean it's out for over a year before we get to see/play it.

Completely understand sir... this is why we upped the numbers a bit on the next game. I hope everyone gets to see & play it first... or at least see it and make an educated buying decision. Selling out quickly is great for business, but absolutely we'd rather see people who enjoy the game getting them vs "I bought it because it was rare and didn't want to miss out". All good problems to have, and we know that.

You know you can always come to the shop right Keith?! Hell, we've let Bryan Kelly and Hilton in here. I think we even gave them beer.

#6840 7 years ago

Completely understand sir... this is why we upped the numbers a bit on the next game. I hope everyone gets to see & play it first... or at least see it and make an educated buying decision. Selling out quickly is great for business, but absolutely we'd rather see people who enjoy the game getting them vs "I bought it because it was rare and didn't want to miss out". All good problems to have, and we know that.

I think what you all are doing is more than fair and hopefully stops people just grabbing a spot in line just because or with intentions to flip for profit. GO SPOOKY! Oh and GO PACKERS and F&$k the Bears this weekend!
STILL+SUCK (resized).jpgSTILL+SUCK (resized).jpg

#6841 7 years ago

You know you can always come to the shop right Keith?! Hell, we've let Bryan Kelly and Hilton in here. I think we even gave them beer.

Yup, and if it comes to that (ie: only way to see/play before committing), I probably would do that. Not always an option for everyone though.

***OR*** you only announce games at MGC where you have a sample to play and then all would be good!

Well good for me at least!

#6842 7 years ago

Hell, we've let Bryan Kelly and Hilton in here. I think we even gave them beer.

wait, beer? I dont remember know stinkin beer

#6843 7 years ago
Quoted from boost:

Nice! What number?

183. Payment going out in the morning.

#6844 7 years ago

I was lifting my playfield and managed to catch the Kitty Lovers plastic on the edge of the cabinet and break it. It was a good excuse to install the Liquors one, but I also wanted to protect it better.

The original bracket allowed the plastic to turn, so I made this.

20161215_181749 (resized).jpg20161215_181749 (resized).jpg

20161215_185837 (resized).jpg20161215_185837 (resized).jpg

20161215_190001 (resized).jpg20161215_190001 (resized).jpg

#6845 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait, beer? I dont remember know stinkin beer

That's because I drank it all before you got there.

#6846 7 years ago

Making the $1k Non refundable makes better business sense. Being nice will hurt your business. A friend of mine has a batting cage business and didn't require a deposit to reserve cages and fields. He's a super nice guy but people would cancel at the last minute or would call to cancel and he would loose business. Eventually, he required credit card info and a deposit for reservations. Its a magical thing when you hold people to something.

#6847 7 years ago

FawzmaGames You got me spoiled with the rapid-fire code releases in the v12-v15 range. It's only been two months since v15, but I'm feeling the itch for v16.

#6848 7 years ago

Ok,My rob zombie #167 is due to be delivered next week,Hoping it makes it for christmas!I have all factory mods available,Bill acceptor door and harness,Knocker and shaker from pinball life and a topper.For those lucky people who have had the chance to play and mod this game already what are the must haves other than what I have listed?Pinblades?Suggestions?Merry christmas!

#6849 7 years ago

I have finally completed all the modes . Demonoid phenomenom was the one that took me the longest to complete , I was concentating on getting this mode down tonight and I did . Now if I could just complete them all in a single game .

20161216_233632 (resized).jpg20161216_233632 (resized).jpg

#6850 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian541:

Ok,My rob zombie #167 is due to be delivered next week,Hoping it makes it for christmas!I have all factory mods available,Bill acceptor door and harness,Knocker and shaker from pinball life and a topper.For those lucky people who have had the chance to play and mod this game already what are the must haves other than what I have listed?Pinblades?Suggestions?Merry christmas!

I consider one of these a must have .

20161216_234828 (resized).jpg20161216_234828 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
$ 20.00
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/137?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.