2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 223.
#6651 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll work on it, tied up on something else at the moment.

Thanks

#6652 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'd prefer the word "utilise" ...
If that was turned off, good luck getting to the wizard. It's really the only thing in the players favour in an otherwise totally brutal game. And it still takes a fair bit of skill to "utilise" it well ... it's not a given.
rd

I love the chop ball save the way it is. It is needed in this game.
Also I find unlike williams where you can switch the unlit lane over and collect it when the ball is on the switch RZ seems more sensitive and the unlit lane must be there before the ball hits the switch making it harder to collect on a fast drain which is a good thing dosent make it too easy.

#6653 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Also I find unlike williams where you can switch the unlit lane over and collect it when the ball is on the switch RZ seems more sensitive and the unlit lane must be there before the ball hits the switch making it harder to collect on a fast drain which is a good thing dosent make it too easy

I've always thought that 90s onwards BW and Sterns seem to have a small "delay" built in to the programming for the switch hits.

Sometimes I'm 99% sure I have missed a skill shot roll over or inlane (moved the lane a little too late) and the game awards it.

rd

#6654 7 years ago

Spooky is at Days of the Dead Chicago with Sid Haig and Bill Mosely. I wish they would have gotten Bill Mosely to do some dialog for the game

15036537_1253098181418073_848186186494004197_n (resized).jpg15036537_1253098181418073_848186186494004197_n (resized).jpg
15079044_1253242088070349_9221038839367929862_n (resized).jpg15079044_1253242088070349_9221038839367929862_n (resized).jpg

#6655 7 years ago

amazing pin, such a party favorite. turn it UP !

#6656 7 years ago

Pretty impressed with their shipping and customs setup. From factory to me in Canada looks like a 5 day approx. shipping time. Very fast!

#6657 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Pretty impressed with their shipping and customs setup. From factory to me in Canada looks like a 5 day approx. shipping time. Very fast!

Good to know. That is pretty fast shipping if it only takes 5 days. #155

#6658 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

How much was shipping, duty and tax? I picked mine up but might ship next time.
Pm me if you want.

#6659 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

How much was shipping, duty and tax? I picked mine up but might ship next time.
Pm me if you want.

Brokerage fees and taxes for me was $519 CAN. Shipping, I believe, is $615 to Ontario.

#6660 7 years ago

Mine was around the same. Pretty far drive for me though so best way to go.

#6661 7 years ago

My routed RZ was down briefly after a robot servo issue, but thanks to Charlie sending a new part and his below helpful video about replacing the robot servo, the machine is earnin' and rockin' again. Thank you, Charlie!

#6662 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

My routed RZ was down briefly after a robot servo issue, but thanks to Charlie sending a new part and his below helpful video about replacing the robot servo, the machine is earnin' and rockin' again. Thank you, Charlie!
» YouTube video

The robot is cool but is really just for effect and I would be suppressed if anybody would even notice it non functional but glad is it up and running

#6663 7 years ago

Days of the Dead Chicago this past weekend.

15178977_1255740597820498_1874900624263787727_n (resized).jpg15178977_1255740597820498_1874900624263787727_n (resized).jpg

#6664 7 years ago

Great picture, Habo--something tells me you took this in person . . .

#6665 7 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Great picture, Habo--something tells me you took this in person . . .

I can only hope I'm still upright at Sids age Joe!

RZ 154 now in the house for Herg (who's keeping track). Took the day off to pick it up and play

Initial impressions are positive after putting in 15 plays or so. Its fast, crude and dark which is what I wanted. Lots and lots of bass. After readjusting the base/treble, I stuck anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass. I still need to get a grasp of the rules now and play more before the final verdict.

IMG_1774 (resized).JPGIMG_1774 (resized).JPG

IMG_1773 (resized).JPGIMG_1773 (resized).JPG

IMG_1771 (resized).JPGIMG_1771 (resized).JPG

#6666 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I still need to get a grasp of the rules now and play more before the final verdict.

Give Spooky's rules video a watch. Very helpful. Congrats!

#6667 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

RZ 154 now in the house for Herg (who's keeping track). Took the day off to pick it up and play
Initial impressions are positive after putting in 15 plays or so. Its fast, crude and dark which is what I wanted. Lots and lots of bass. After readjusting the base/treble, I stuck anti rattle tape on both sides of the glass. I still need to get a grasp of the rules now and play more before the final verdict.

I thought your machine was about due. A great addition to your awesome game room. I find the ruleset to be challenging, but I really take advantage of the CHOP ballsave when necessary to ensure a long game. The ball drain callouts are my favorites. Have a blast!

#6668 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

RZ 154 now in the house for Herg (who's keeping track).

Actually it looks like you have 153

#6669 7 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

Actually it looks like you have 153

I thought I was 153 at first but the box and last several emails from KT say 154 Is that your #?

#6670 7 years ago

Haha, yep! Which is why I looked at the box in the photo, which I read as 153. Not that I'm attached to my number or anything. Just curious.

#6671 7 years ago

2 days of playing the game and I must say it is addicting. The rules are slowly seeping in. Watching videos of people playing sometimes is different than playing yourself. People have stated they don't understand the rules but they are easier to put together than AC/DC which I love. I've completed a few modes which made me feel semi competent. You really have to get good at the outside orbit shots. Any deeper rule recommendations I'll let that up to the more seasoned players.

The skill shot I understand but its pretty difficult with the spring chosen for the shooter. I think it should be a Twilight Zone or one above. I've done it once by accident though. I think its worth 1 Million if completed.

The upper playfield never chucks the ball anywhere near the flipper. I increased the strength to 5 which sort of helps but I wish I had more of a chance to flip before SDTM. Still have to dial that in.

I recommend highly getting anti rattle tape for your anyone getting RZ. The sound can also be tweaked on the amp. If you can manage also getting Invisiglass. I swapped the one I had from another game and it made a world of difference in bringing out the playfield. I will add 2 spots for more light. Its just a tad dark.

So far my wish list or whiney want list for Dave aka FAWSMA and Spooky would be:

***1 - Limit the Pop Bumper animation for super pops. So many of these gives 2x, 5x 10x on the playfield inserts. The animation dominates the game throughout. So much it takes away from showing pertinent info especially during 1000 corpses. Every time I look up I see the super pop count when I really want to see how far along my count is for 1000 Corpses. 1000 Corpses animation is great but you hardly ever see it. My wife mentioned this also. Biggest gripe.
2 - Music/Sound for play again after getting an extra ball is missing. Seems incomplete
3 - Will there be an animation for receiving an extra ball? In most pins there's usually a stand out animation.
4 - It would be nice while in the jukebox function if the next song would play down the line instead of the same song on repeat.
5 - The sound when hitting the upper 2 targets near the House of 1000 Maniacs has a sound FX that when hit reminds me of a speaker popping/clicking. I thought there was an audio problem at first.
6 - Lastly, when putting in initials there should be a song playing or something a little more than what's used now. Its a maniacal low laughing? Maybe a song playing with Rob or Sid saying something positive.

All in all I'm really into the game and love what Spooky has done. Really impressed.

#6672 7 years ago

i'm ready for the next code drop
totally siked

#6673 7 years ago

Thought I would post this here and se what people thought.
Swapped out the speaker grill covers on my Rob Zombie Spookshow International pinball tonight.
I bought these speaker grill covers which are for an AC/DC pinball. They are a different size speaker cover than what Spooky uses for their speaker covers so I had to modify them a little bit. I liked the Olivia Devil girl pinup look better than the spooky ghost and felt like this was a more befitting look(can always swap it back). In the end I think it give it a bit more of White Zombie/Rockabilly feel and seems to work well in my opinion. Had to cut them out and smooth them down with a dermel tool to make them work. Also turned the speaker grill sideways so the bars are vertical rather than horizontal so it gives it more of a jail bars kind of look. Im pretty happy with how it came out and think it looks pretty cool.

07 (resized).jpg07 (resized).jpg

05 (resized).jpg05 (resized).jpg

04 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg

03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg

02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg

#6674 7 years ago

Finally just got mine set up and I'm sure it's been covered.......what is the best setting for the LCD screen? The only settings I can find are pixelated? Thanks.

#6675 7 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Thought I would post this here and se what people thought.
Swapped out the speaker grill covers on my Rob Zombie Spookshow International pinball tonight.
I bought these speaker grill covers which are for an AC/DC pinball. They are a different size speaker cover than what Spooky uses for their speaker covers so I had to modify them a little bit. I liked the Olivia Devil girl pinup look better than the spooky ghost and felt like this was a more befitting look(can always swap it back). In the end I think it give it a bit more of White Zombie/Rockabilly feel and seems to work well in my opinion. Had to cut them out and smooth them down with a dermel tool to make them work. Also turned the speaker grill sideways so the bars are vertical rather than horizontal so it gives it more of a jail bars kind of look. Im pretty happy with how it came out and think it looks pretty cool.

pimpin

#6676 7 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

Finally just got mine set up and I'm sure it's been covered.......what is the best setting for the LCD screen? The only settings I can find are pixelated? Thanks.

There are settings? Is this in the menu?

#6677 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

2 days of playing the game and I must say it is addicting. The rules are slowly seeping in. Watching videos of people playing sometimes is different than playing yourself. People have stated they don't understand the rules but they are easier to put together than AC/DC which I love. I've completed a few modes which made me feel semi competent. You really have to get good at the outside orbit shots. Any deeper rule recommendations I'll let that up to the more seasoned players.
The skill shot I understand but its pretty difficult with the spring chosen for the shooter. I think it should be a Twilight Zone or one above. I've done it once by accident though. I think its worth 1 Million if completed.
The upper playfield never chucks the ball anywhere near the flipper. I increased the strength to 5 which sort of helps but I wish I had more of a chance to flip before SDTM. Still have to dial that in.
I recommend highly getting anti rattle tape for your anyone getting RZ. The sound can also be tweaked on the amp. If you can manage also getting Invisiglass. I swapped the one I had from another game and it made a world of difference in bringing out the playfield. I will add 2 spots for more light. Its just a tad dark.
So far my wish list or whiney want list for Dave aka FAWSMA and Spooky would be:
***1 - Limit the Pop Bumper animation for super pops. So many of these gives 2x, 5x 10x on the playfield inserts. The animation dominates the game throughout. So much it takes away from showing pertinent info especially during 1000 corpses. Every time I look up I see the super pop count when I really want to see how far along my count is for 1000 Corpses. 1000 Corpses animation is great but you hardly ever see it. My wife mentioned this also. Biggest gripe.
2 - Music/Sound for play again after getting an extra ball is missing. Seems incomplete
3 - Will there be an animation for receiving an extra ball? In most pins there's usually a stand out animation.
4 - It would be nice while in the jukebox function if the next song would play down the line instead of the same song on repeat.
5 - The sound when hitting the upper 2 targets near the House of 1000 Maniacs has a sound FX that when hit reminds me of a speaker popping/clicking. I thought there was an audio problem at first.
6 - Lastly, when putting in initials there should be a song playing or something a little more than what's used now. Its a maniacal low laughing? Maybe a song playing with Rob or Sid saying something positive.
All in all I'm really into the game and love what Spooky has done. Really impressed.

These are great suggestions. I definitely agree the superpops countdown animation is too prevalent and I also see it a lot when I'm looking for other info.

#6678 7 years ago

I would agree, scoring in general is absent. I have had the game set up for two days and have a hard time knowing how much things are worth? Does any scoring show? I know the total score shows but when i hit jackpot or super jackpot I get the audio acknowledgement and it acknowledges on screen but not how much was scored??

#6679 7 years ago

Just got my game a few days ago. Managed to blow the left flipper fuse, so perhaps that issue hasn't been worked out yet (came loaded with code V15). No big deal as it was cheap/easy to acquire from Radio Shack. Gorgeous game otherwise. Still haven't had a chance to really get into the rules yet, but I'm confused as to why the game seems to ask for initials every single game (for low score). I couldn't find a way to shut that off, though it seems to suggest it should only do it daily, but it keeps registering scores as the lowest even if they aren't. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

#6681 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I couldn't find a way to shut that off, though it seems to suggest it should only do it daily, but it keeps registering scores as the lowest even if they aren't. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

The worse scorer of the day has to register their initials.

rd

#6682 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The worse scorer of the day has to register their initials.
rd

I've already had someone claim offense and refuse to do so :p

#6683 7 years ago

I would also like an option to disable the worst score table. If you have some very high scores racked up, this usually means the first game played every day requires initial entry which gets annoying.

#6684 7 years ago

I agree that there should be an option to turn off the low score of the day. In the home environment like mine (as most will likely be) it is annoying to go through this screen at least once a day and usually more.

I also think the scoring or match at the end of the game needs to be updated. Currently it seems only scores that are a multiple of 100 are possible so that the score always ends in 00.

On a brighter note the Buffalo Pinball guys are coming over this afternoon to stream my game at 2 pm Eastern time.

#6685 7 years ago

twenty84, nice job and thx for hosting buffalopinball on the stream.

to owners out there, does anyone have an inventory/diagram of all the bulbs in the game? i want to order my lights now-ish to save some pennies during black friday comet sale

#6686 7 years ago

not sure where the low score of the day came from, but it should default to off.

Only game that I know that had this "feature" was road show, and it doesn't work well at all.

#6687 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

twenty84, nice job and thx for hosting buffalopinball on the stream.
to owners out there, does anyone have an inventory/diagram of all the bulbs in the game? i want to order my lights now-ish to save some pennies during black friday comet sale

The game comes with LEDs already installed. There was an option when ordering (which mine has) to have insert colored LEDs installed at the factory. I think all the insert bulbs are wedges. I changed a couple of the purple ones under the living dead girl inserts to the Comet purple passion ones. Not sure why you would want to swap them all out.

#6688 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The game comes with LEDs already installed. There was an option when ordering (which mine has) to have insert colored LEDs installed at the factory. I think all the insert bulbs are wedges. I changed a couple of the purple ones under the living dead girl inserts to the Comet purple passion ones. Not sure why you would want to swap them all out.

Can you post a pic of what the Living Dead Girl inserts look like with the purple passion LEDs?

#6689 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Can you post a pic of what the Living Dead Girl inserts look like with the purple passion LEDs?

Here it is. Don't have a before pic but it was less purple before.

IMG_7392 (resized).JPGIMG_7392 (resized).JPG

#6690 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Not sure why you would want to swap them all out.

thnks Ben- because I do my own thing

#6691 7 years ago

It would be helpful in the menu system to see what the (Factory Setting) as in Williams/Bally/Sterns for a baseline than resetting the game.

Couple questions for you guys...

Has anyone decided to install the mylar in there game? Still on the fence about it.

What modes are the 2 upper right blue inserts used on?

On the end of ball bonus round up I see "Hand Jobs" but I don't know how these are scored (no puns)

Great game and very challenging.

#6692 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Not sure why you would want to swap them all out.

Quoted from ATLpb:

thnks Ben- because I do my own thing

Same here. I went more pink with the LDG inserts. I used cool white under the American Witch, What, and others, since I thought the color was blown out using the color matched LEDs.

Quoted from hAbO:

If you're talking about the X inserts, those are mainly for House of 1000 Corpses to multiply how many corpses you collect per switch.

Quoted from hAbO:

On the end of ball bonus round up I see "Hand Jobs" but I don't know how these are scored

Shoot the ramp to qualify them, then the right orbit to actually collect.

#6693 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Has anyone decided to install the mylar in there game? Still on the fence about it.

I chose not to install the mylar. Given this is in a home setting with fairly low usage I didn't feel the need. I will keep the game cleaned and regularly waxed and hope the playfield will last a long time.

Quoted from herg:

If you're talking about the X inserts, those are mainly for House of 1000 Corpses to multiply how many corpses you collect per switch.

Shoot the ramp to qualify them, then the right orbit to actually collect.

That right orbit is the toughest shot in the game for me!

#6694 7 years ago

low score will be updated to be permanent. If someone ends up getting the lowest possible score allowed, the last person to get it will have their initials entered/shown.

#6695 7 years ago

Installed the pinball refinery UV lighting kit and it looks great. The UV also looks great shining on the T2 backbox art next to it! I do have the speaker panels off in this pic as I'm playing with different ways to diffuse the speaker lighting.

refineryUV-T2 (resized).jpgrefineryUV-T2 (resized).jpg

#6696 7 years ago

Is it possible to not lose your progress on the drop target? It can be frustrating that you hit the target and drop it and then if a mode is started or add a ball is started, when you complete either the target is back up? I am not sure why you should get punished for either.

#6697 7 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just got my game a few days ago. Managed to blow the left flipper fuse, so perhaps that issue hasn't been worked out yet (came loaded with code V15). No big deal as it was cheap/easy to acquire from Radio Shack. Gorgeous game otherwise. Still haven't had a chance to really get into the rules yet, but I'm confused as to why the game seems to ask for initials every single game (for low score). I couldn't find a way to shut that off, though it seems to suggest it should only do it daily, but it keeps registering scores as the lowest even if they aren't. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

The game doesn't ship with a few extra fuses? Didn't game manufacturers always do that in the old days? Would be a nice little touch.

#6698 7 years ago

my game is coming up soon. just wondering if most people added the knocker kit and shaker motor from pinball life?

is the shaker well implemented or not really necessary?

#6699 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

is the shaker well implemented or not really necessary?

The sub shakes the game plenty ...

Maybe others with a shaker might want to weigh in.

rd

#6700 7 years ago

Defintely get the knocker. Still evaluating the shaker integration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.