Topic Stats

• 10,478 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10478 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 210.
#6601 3 years ago

And where is it applied, on the upper part of the glass track? Looking for something I can pick up locally.

#6602 3 years ago

snakes, pm your address. i'll ship you a roll of the actual anti rattle tape from flipper fidelity. sure other stuff works, but i can tell you this is perfect.

i'll do it as thanks for making those rule cards. i'll get a pic up of how i apply it

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

snakes, pm your address. i'll ship you a roll of the actual anti rattle tape from flipper fidelity. sure other stuff works, but i can tell you this is perfect.
i'll do it as thanks for making those rule cards. i'll get a pic up of how i apply it

Very generous of you sir, PM incoming!

#6604 3 years ago

Who got game #186?

#6605 3 years ago

Gameplay/Rules video:

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Gameplay/Rules video:
ยป YouTube video

thanks ftl

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who got game #186?

I dunno! But 74 is in New Zealand!

I set it up at 7 degrees for a wild ride. The game was totally out of control for the first few games, but after say 20-30 it has calmed down a little so we can get some good gameplay going.

I explained it to a couple of my buddies as "like Stars on steroids!" Imagine Crazy Levi holding a 1 ball tournament on a RZ!

So far I had worked out most of the modes just as the video above describes. Ive worked out the best way for me to make my balls last longer (cough cough..)

So far I've got to two games in the 40m mark and I think both were 5-6 modes completed. The modes are cool and innovative if you can use your skills to keep the ball in play long enough. Compare the modes to the ones in Ghostbusters for example, there's just no comparison.

Quality is A1. I've heard some guy who has a podcast say the quality isn't there. Well, again he is just showing his ignorance. Lots of quality Pinball Life parts like BW Lock bars and rails, the build quality is as good as anything I have seen. I particularly like how the cabinet decals are applied to the cabinet, I presume they must be applied to the timber before assembly? They wrap around the corners of the cabinet sweetly. Plywood cabinet bottom too!

I can totally understand that this style of gameplay isn't for everyone. This game is more like Black Hole on steroids rather than Game of Thrones. If you've never experienced the ass kicking that a 70s/80s SS machine can give you, you might get a little frustrated/humiliated when you can't get anywhere. But hone your skills and you will get to experience all the modes, and I guarantee you'll have a fun time.

rd

IMG_3725 (resized).JPG

#6608 3 years ago

That's awesome, Dave. Sounds exactly like what I was hoping for and mine's not far behind. I'll be puttin' in for a day off when that call comes!

#6609 3 years ago

Less pitch makes it more "wild." This game is all about slings and side-to-side action, too much pitch negates some of that.

Quoted from rotordave:

I set it up at 7 degrees for a wild ride.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Less pitch makes it more "wild." This game is all about slings and side-to-side action, too much pitch negates some of that.

I concur ... I checked again and it is at 6.7 ... AMH is at 7. Old age scrambles my memory. And beer.

Mind you, half a degree on this thing won't make much difference .. the pops and slings will still smash the balls into oblivion wherever it's set.

rd

#6611 3 years ago

It's a great looking game and looks to be a ton of fun. I hope I run into one in the wild one day. And whoever is on the waiting list that ends up with 218, I hope you enjoy it! The more I see it the more I think I'm going to miss it.

#6612 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I particularly like how the cabinet decals are applied to the cabinet, I presume they must be applied to the timber before assembly? They wrap around the corners of the cabinet sweetly. Plywood cabinet bottom too!

Charlie has been doing that with all his games. The first time I saw it I thought it was brilliant!! Yes, the artwork is applied to the panels and wrapped around the corners. Then, the cabinets are assembled. This way you have no decal edge showing. Nothing to trim either. Other manufacturers could take a lesson from Spooky Pinball.

#6613 2 years ago

I spent the last couple days at Spooky Pinball World Headquarters and all I can say is, holy shit!!! Cabinets everywhere. Fully assembled playfields everywhere. Workers everywhere. Games are flying out the door. Spooky Pinball is literally bursting at the seams!!

And that's just RZ and Dominos. I might have seen the makings of the next two games to come. I said might have. All I can say is, Chuck is going to need a bigger shop!!

#6614 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Charlie has been doing that with all his games. The first time I saw it I thought it was brilliant!! Yes, the artwork is applied to the panels and wrapped around the corners. Then, the cabinets are assembled. This way you have no decal edge showing. Nothing to trim either. Other manufacturers could take a lesson from Spooky Pinball.

Gotta say I love it too. Totally blows Stern away as far as cabinet decal installation goes.

cabinetdecalcorner (resized).jpg

#6615 2 years ago

The decals do look great done that way, but what happens if they need to be replaced?

#6616 2 years ago

154 is shipping next Tues or Thurs to 21043

#6617 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The decals do look great done that way, but what happens if they need to be replaced?

Would you say that about the direct screened WPC cabinets?

#6618 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Would you say that about the direct screened WPC cabinets?

I wasn't intending to criticize. I was asking since I didn't know. After thinking about it a bit more, I guess you'd just cut old decals along those corners and leave the pieces in the joint.

#6619 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I can't speak for RZ decals, but I did some decal replacement on AMH and it was a breeze--mainly because the cabinet under the decal was laminated, so the decal really was a peel and stick job.

#6620 2 years ago

I tell you what ... once you get a handle on RZ and can harness the ball as much as possible, and exploit the rules as much as possible, it's pretty awesome.

It makes "fast" games like Ironman seem like IronSlow.

Pretty addictive!

Although I'm pissed that I haven't got 1000 corpses yet ... I got 997 and 985 haha.

3 scores in the 40mills, haven't got to the wizard mode yet. But I've only had it a few days, good things take time ....

rd

#6621 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I tell you what ... once you get a handle on RZ and can harness the ball as much as possible, and exploit the rules as much as possible, it's pretty awesome.

...sounds like pinball...

#6622 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

...sounds like pinball...

On roids...

rd

#6623 2 years ago

Just took a RZ in on trade for a Hobbit. RZ has all the add ons. It is not a LE. We are asking $7000. This is NIB. Still on the pallet.

#6624 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

rattle tape application pic. carefully, slowly, methodically adhere it to both front and back of the long edges of the glass.

additionally- use generic adhesive thin felt liberally to really seal the deal. put felt under lockdown bar, on glass "entrance", on top side of bent plastic glare guards. My iron man is solid as a rock, just awesome shaking, not vibrating (which it can be notorious for). (i do this with all my games of course...)

IMG_6492.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6487.JPG

IMG_6493.JPG

#6625 2 years ago

I downloaded the code and just listened to some of the "audio call outs" on RZ.... I lost count of how many different call outs use the 'F' word. This title is going to be a HIT at my pinball parties.

#6626 2 years ago

Has anybody applied flipper button mylar to protect the sideart from wear? I see PBL has Stern flipper mylar but Terry doesn't think it will fit RZ.

#6627 2 years ago

I know I'm behind the curve, but 141 landed in Lutz Florida on Thursday (11/10). It's still in box on pallet. Was at Freeplay Florida all weekend and then out of town for work. I did crack it open and it seems R&L got it delivered with no damage.

#6628 2 years ago

Well, it took me almost a week to get to Hellbound. Didn't finish it though.

I tell you what, my arms need a massage after this one. Oooooooffff!!

Finally completed 1000 corpses with 1050 corpses which gives you good points.

Game is factory settings so it gave me a couple of extra balls as I completed the modes.

Has anyone completed Hellbound legitimately?

PS there's a good NZ scary movie called Housebound ... check it out. Came out last year. Just popped into my mind when I typed Hellbound.

rd

IMG_3738 (resized).JPG

IMG_3736 (resized).JPG

#6629 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Well, it took me almost a week to get to Hellbound. Didn't finish it though.
I tell you what, my arms need a massage after this one. Oooooooffff!!
Finally completed 1000 corpses with 1050 corpses which gives you good points.
Game is factory settings so it gave me a couple of extra balls as I completed the modes.
Has anyone completed Hellbound legitimately?
PS there's a good NZ scary movie called Housebound ... check it out. Came out last year. Just popped into my mind when I typed Hellbound.
rd

I had a feeling those extra balls would get someone to HB. It takes about 20 minutes to get there with the glass off and hitting all the shots you need. I am not surprised your arms are sore.

Good job, now to make it harder Once I'm done with the last couple modes on Dom, I'll move back to RZ, and finish up HB.

Looks like the score isn't too wacky either.

#6630 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I had a feeling those extra balls would get someone to HB. It takes about 20 minutes to get there with the glass off and hitting all the shots you need. I am not surprised your arms are sore.
Good job, now to make it harder Once I'm done with the last couple modes on Dom, I'll move back to RZ, and finish up HB.
Looks like the score isn't too wacky either.

I don't know about harder... I don't think I'll ever make it to hellbound at the current state! At least the insert lights up during attract mode so I know it works

#6631 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't know about harder... I don't think I'll ever make it to hellbound at the current state! At least the insert lights up during attract mode so I know it works

HAHA

#6632 2 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Good job, now to make it harder Once I'm done with the last couple modes on Dom, I'll move back to RZ, and finish up HB

I would think it took me 30-40 mins to get to HB. That's a guess but it was a fair while. I know it took 3 goes at Demoniod to complete it (thank f it saves progress, that petrol tank roll over is tricky to get!) and I think What took a few goes (sometimes the VUK feeds the ball down past the flipper and you can't get to hit it at all and you get nooooothingggg)

I don't think I would make it any harder. TBH I don't think it was an easy task to get there. Game is hard enough as it is.

If people could get to the wizard every couple of games (like some pins) then yeah, make it harder. I don't think that's the case with RZ.

rd

#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I would think it took me 30-40 mins to get to HB. That's a guess but it was a fair while. I know it took 3 goes at Demoniod to complete it (thank f it saves progress, that petrol tank roll over is tricky to get!) and I think What took a few goes (sometimes the VUK feeds the ball down past the flipper and you can't get to hit it at all and you get nooooothingggg)
I don't think I would make it any harder. TBH I don't think it was an easy task to get there. Game is hard enough as it is.
If people could get to the wizard every couple of games (like some pins) then yeah, make it harder. I don't think that's the case with RZ.
rd

I would say that you are better than the average player also .

#6634 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

wish i had mine already so i can weigh in. i'm no pro but i'm definitely an above avg player. if i get to wizard in one week then i will be of the opinion that it should be made harder

#6635 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Now I have my "old man" reading glasses, and can actually see the ball properly, I'm getting better and better!

rd

#6636 2 years ago

I must be worse than I thought,that game is tough and reaching hell is an amazing feat,I don't care if it is made harder or kept the same ,I will never see hell

#6637 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Now I have my "old man" reading glasses, and can actually see the ball properly, I'm getting better and better!
rd

Well whatever you are doing it's working . I've had a few pretty decent games on RZ but not close to hellbound yet .

#6638 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I must be worse than I thought,that game is tough and reaching hell is an amazing feat,I don't care if it is made harder or kept the same ,I will never see hell

Don't feel too bad, I don't think it is going to be a daily occurrence... this game is as tough as hell.

Use the CHOP as much as possible .. if RZ didn't have the CHOP ball save then nobody would get anywhere. Keep it ready to go (three lights lit) and get ready to flick it to the outline as required when the ball goes screaming in that direction.

SDTM aren't toooooo bad on RZ but sometimes they scream down there pretty fast, and you're cooked.

One question for Fawzma, what's the ramp champ based on? Because I must have hit the ramp 100 times in that game and the ramp champ isn't 100.

rd

#6639 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Wtf old man.

Keep the updates coming RD. I'd rather hear a gameplay update from your daughter whom I'm sure kicks your ass on a daily basis.

#6640 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf old man.
Keep the updates coming RD. I'd rather hear a gameplay update from your daughter whom I'm sure kicks your ass on a daily basis.

Not on RZ ... so far anyway. Lol!

rd

#6641 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Absolutely love the game.
Could we have the tilt warnings louder or a sound effect instead of words? Never knowing when a tilt warning happens.

Any word on this? every time people are over playing i have to let the people playing know when its a tilt warning as the speech for it just blends in with the rest of the game, maybe a sound effect that isnt used elsewhere and the speech?

#6642 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf old man.

I don't quite beat him on it yet...

Mind you I will after I rest up from exams.

So. I like it. It's alright. I mean it isn't my favourite game in the world, but it's pretty good. I actually really like the music in it and it's super cool - but I really really really don't enjoy adult mode. The cussing doesn't do much for me.

As for the way it plays I don't mind it. Some of the modes are harder than others but for some reason I don't seem to pump through them and get to the wizard mode. That's why I don't have any high scores either.
I like how it plays though. After having it for a few days it has slowed down significantly.

It is frustrating sometimes during 'what' when the ball just rolls on past the upper flipper and just doesn't want to participate in the mode

It's a pretty good game. I still much prefer AMH. The only thing is that RZ has better artwork - although that is in my opinion only.

I'll play it a few more times and then make another comment on what I think of it...

#6643 2 years ago
Quoted from Danni_NZ:

but I really really really don't enjoy adult mode. The cussing doesn't do much for me

To clarify ... I only just put it on Adult mode, then very first game with it on, I got the 166m.

I forgot to tell Danni and she's like "the game said very bad words!" Hahaha!

Mind you, nothing she hasn't heard before ....

rd

#6644 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Use the CHOP as much as possible .. if RZ didn't have the CHOP ball save then nobody would get anywhere. Keep it ready to go (three lights lit) and get ready to flick it to the outline as required when the ball goes screaming in that direction.

Fawzma, remember i brought this up several mos ago. A good player will easily abuse CHOP ball save. Sadly I haven't played the most recent code yet. Did you nerf it for subsequent spellings and/or make it setting adjustable? Damn I can't wait to get my game. The first 16 mos or so since announcement have flown by, these last couple are killing me!

#6645 2 years ago

CHOP has been adjustable for a while now. You can disable it from being a ball save and I think the other option is to reward points on CHOP completion.

#6646 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

One question for Fawzma, what's the ramp champ based on? Because I must have hit the ramp 100 times in that game and the ramp champ isn't 100.
rd

You need to run over the hands with the lawnmower. Hit the ramp and load up score, then shoot right orbit to collect.

#6647 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Any word on this? every time people are over playing i have to let the people playing know when its a tilt warning as the speech for it just blends in with the rest of the game, maybe a sound effect that isnt used elsewhere and the speech?

I'll work on it, tied up on something else at the moment.

#6648 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

CHOP has been adjustable for a while now. You can disable it from being a ball save and I think the other option is to reward points on CHOP completion.

perfect thanks for the answer and to Fawzma for being so insanely flexible!

#6649 2 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

A good player will easily abuse CHOP ball save

I'd prefer the word "utilise" ...

If that was turned off, good luck getting to the wizard. It's really the only thing in the players favour in an otherwise totally brutal game. And it still takes a fair bit of skill to "utilise" it well ... it's not a given.

rd

#6650 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I'd prefer the word "utilise" ...
If that was turned off, good luck getting to the wizard. It's really the only thing in the players favour in an otherwise totally brutal game. And it still takes a fair bit of skill to "utilise" it well ... it's not a given.
rd

Fair. "abuse" is a little over the top. Thanks for calling me out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10478 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside