Topic Stats

• 10,540 posts
  • 603 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by davijc02
  • Topic is favorited by 102 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,194 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ADE83A81-A076-486A-BB15-D149DE1BD5C7 (resized).jpeg
50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10540 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 211.
#6501 3 years ago

I'm holding out for some cool Horley art for blades and backbox. Hasn't Charlie hinted at some licensed stuff in the pipeline?

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I'm holding out for some cool Horley art for blades and backbox. Hasn't Charlie hinted at some licensed stuff in the pipeline?

I'd love to see and would pay for more art by Alex for back board and sides!

#6503 3 years ago

A couple weeks ago, I went on a 18 hour round trip to pick up another machine and the seller had RZ there. So I got a chance to play it.
I ended up playing RZ more than the game I went to buy. I'm looking forward to getting mine now.

Ever since expo, there's lots of hate showing up for RZ popping up in various forums. I don't get it.

#6504 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

A couple weeks ago, I went on a 18 hour round trip to pick up another machine and the seller had RZ there. So I got a chance to play it.
I ended up playing RZ more than the game I went to buy. I'm looking forward to getting mine now.
Ever since expo, there's lots of hate showing up for RZ popping up in various forums. I don't get it.

When I found out I won mine I PM'd quite a few pinside owners to ask about the game. The majority of the responses I received were all positive that they loved the game, it was like 15 positive and 2 negitives or meh responses. I feel this game will be very desired down the road...but that is just my opinion. I wouldn't have mine up for sale if I was single but my family is young and my wife doesn't really go for the look. I am in no hurry to get rid of it though as I might just hang on to it till my kids get older unless the right deal comes along.

#6505 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

my wife doesn't really go for the look

I like Robs material. But my wife loves Rob Zombie. She told me once if she ever met him I would just have to let her do him.
I told her fine as long as I get to play with Sheri

I knew there would be no resistance to getting the game.

#6506 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

When I found out I won mine I PM'd quite a few pinside owners to ask about the game. The majority of the responses I received were all positive that they loved the game, it was like 15 positive and 2 negitives or meh responses. I feel this game will be very desired down the road...but that is just my opinion. I wouldn't have mine up for sale if I was single but my family is young and my wife doesn't really go for the look. I am in no hurry to get rid of it though as I might just hang on to it till my kids get older unless the right deal comes along.

Kudos to you for keeping your asking price around what it actually cost.

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I like Robs material. But my wife loves Rob Zombie. She told me once if she ever met him I would just have to let her do him.
I told her fine as long as I get to play with Sheri
I knew there would be no resistance to getting the game.

TMI

#6508 3 years ago

Unboxed mine this weekend! First NIB, thanks Spooky! Kruzman is hanging onto this until I have room, lucky guy.

So I played one game and then made my usual interactive under-cab kit. This is not available on my website www.rockcustompinball.com but if you would like one please PM me here.

#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Unboxed mine this weekend! First NIB, thanks Spooky! Kruzman is hanging onto this until I have room, lucky guy.
So I played one game and then made my usual interactive under-cab kit. This is not available on my website http://www.rockcustompinball.com but if you would like one please PM me here.
ยป YouTube video

What is your game number? Congrats!

#6510 3 years ago

Sorry, game #132. It arrived last Monday.

#6511 3 years ago

So the add a ball multiball. Can it be started at any time? And when you're in it, nothing else can be done except play that multiball right?

I was getting frustrated last night while playing cause I kept starting that damn add a ball when I was trying to complete other things. Haha. Hopefully there's more to that multiball that I'm missing.

Thanks for the help!

#6512 3 years ago

That add-a-ball multiball is a problem, but it's going to get fixed. It throws the scoring and the flow of game progression off big time.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was getting frustrated last night while playing cause I kept starting that damn add a ball when I was trying to complete other things. Haha. Hopefully there's more to that multiball that I'm missing.

#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Just wait... Someone will sell their spot in the waiting list or have a game for sale two months after its released. It always happens.
I've never seen a hobby where people will pile in on an unknown project so willingly. Even though its apparent that Spooky can deliver, in light of recent pre-order debacles the behavior is bizarre.

Thinking I'll simply make those targets qualifiers. Hit them 2 times each then be directed to shoot left orbit to start the mode. If mode is ready, LDG mode select could be the first mode to be shown. If you want to start it, start it, if not; select something else.

#6514 3 years ago

Does anyone know the differences between the LE and Standard version. I know they have different translites. I have seen pictures of the side rails having Rob Zombie written on them...are these just on the LE version? Are there any other differences? Thanks

#6515 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Does anyone know the differences between the LE and Standard version. I know they have different translites. I have seen pictures of the side rails having Rob Zombie written on them...are these just on the LE version? Are there any other differences? Thanks

Nope, those are the differences and the LE's also got a small plaque denoting them as an LE (that owners could place as they choose.) Both the LE and 'Regular' editions have real backglasses (not translites) with the artwork printed on them.

#6516 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Nope, those are the differences and the LE's also got a small plaque denoting them as an LE (that owners could place as they choose.) Both the LE and 'Regular' editions have real backglasses (not translites) with the artwork printed on them.

Thank you for the information...can you confirm the side rails are different? Very cool that they use a real backglass!

#6517 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Thinking I'll simply make those targets qualifiers. Hit them 2 times each then be directed to shoot left orbit to start the mode. If mode is ready, LDG mode select could be the first mode to be shown. If you want to start it, start it, if not; select something else.

Hmmm... I'm not sure whether I'd like that or not. I agree that LDG seems to be running a bit too often, but making too many modes selectable feels like it might make the progression a bit too predictable.

For LDG, I think I would like an approach similar to the optional Iron Monger rules on Iron Man. With this enabled, all 3 spinners can be used to qualify the MB, but only the center shot will start it. Maybe the LDG targets could qualify it, then right orbit starts it, regardless of whether you want it to. I'd love to hear comments from others who are better players than I am.

At first, I was thinking I would also prefer to not select the other modes, and instead have it be something similar to the ring modes on LOTR. Having them somewhat controllable, but through gameplay rather than a menu selection would be good from the standpoint of awarding skilled play. That would eliminate replaying modes and all of the infected stuff, though. I do like the idea of getting forced into playing all the modes over time.

It's tough to get all of this right, and I don't envy the job of game designers. If you get it wrong, you'll certainly get blasted for it.

#6518 3 years ago

I think that qualifying it at the targets and starting it with another shot is a good idea. Also, make me want to play it. Right now, I actively avoid playing that multiball (which is very hard to do), because when I'm in the multiball it's worth little to no points when compared to 1000 corpses MB which requires essentially the same shot to start.

#6519 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Thank you for the information...can you confirm the side rails are different? Very cool that they use a real backglass!

Yes, the siderails are different on the LE's (with the laser engraved "ROB ZOMBIE"). There is a completely separate option you can purchase from Pinball Life which is the "Rob Zombie" laser engraved lockdown bar (for $295) to fit either version.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4256

#6520 3 years ago
Quoted from Brickshot:

Yes, the siderails are different on the LE's (with the laser engraved "ROB ZOMBIE"). There is a completely separate option you can purchase from Pinball Life which is the "Rob Zombie" laser engraved lockdown bar (for $295) to fit either version.

thanks

#6521 3 years ago

Another difference - LE comes with shaker motor and knocker kit.

* edit - I was wrong as they were not included.

#6522 3 years ago

Hey Jeff,

That's not correct (unfortunately ). Neither Shaker nor Knocker were part of the LE-set up.

#6523 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They did? I never heard that announced previously. Interesting. I thought those were strictly add-ons.

#6524 3 years ago

* edit - I was wrong as they were not included.

They are only available from Pinball Life. They have just recently been added. The only difference between the LE & the regular was the backglass art & the armour.

#6525 3 years ago

Please choose the center ramp to start mb. That right orbit eats my lunch.

#6526 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

They are only available from Pinball Life. They have just recently been added. The only difference between the LE & the regular was the backglass art & the armour.

Is powdercoat color the same on both models? If so it looks great and I also like the color selected for AMH. Spooky has released two games where an owner doesn't need to shell out cabbage to change the color of their hardware, it is already is done for them.

#6527 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Please choose the center ramp to start mb. That right orbit eats my lunch.

I agree

#6528 3 years ago

Are there any Rob Zombie's Spook Show International pinball machines on route in NY or NJ?

#6529 3 years ago

That add-a-ball multiball is just too easy to go back to. After the first mutiball it should be much harder to start it again, and even harder the 3rd time. It should be something worth shooting for, but then it should fade into the background making restarting it a secondary or distant objective.

#6530 3 years ago

Great discussion on LDG guys.

My two cents:
I'll agree that I'll want it less often; but I also don't want it as a left orbit selectable mode. Maybe make the start of it the targets on the far right by the R orbit? The right side of the pf needs more attention because currently you essentially always want the ball on your R flipper focusing on the left for LDG and drop target H1KC locks (and even the L orbit for modes) Gein cards and the R orbit should be worth a lot more in terms of points and progression.

Mind you I don't own yet- you'll know when I do hopefully in Dec because I'll document pics of my one of a kind (super)beast ^_-

#6531 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The right side of the pf needs more attention

I have some ideas for that including mode advancement / random awards

#6532 3 years ago

How do these work? I agree that I haven't really once felt the need to hit the right side of the game.

Also, what modes use the upper playfield? I'd like to check those out the next time I'm playing.

#6533 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do these work? I agree that I haven't really once felt the need to hit the right side of the game.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but...
Hit the center target to collect letter and spell GEIN, FISH, or SATAN. Once you have spelled one of these, you can collect the card from the inner right orbit. If you collect three, you complete Murder Ride. I thought it also lit extra ball, but that might have just been coincidence. Three modes completed also lights extra ball, so Murder Ride might have just been my third.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, what modes use the upper playfield? I'd like to check those out the next time I'm playing.

What! is nearly all upper playfield.
Demonoid requires you to hit the upper playfield switches to complete.
Nearly all the others allow you to hit the upper switches to increase a jackpot multiplier.

#6534 3 years ago

I love that right orbit shot, it's hard as hell. I can't think of more than 1 or 2 reasons per game to shoot it. So much potential there.

Quoted from ATLpb:

The right side of the pf needs more attention

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I have some ideas for that including mode advancement / random awards

Remember that we'll want a way to turn random awards off for tournament play...

#6536 3 years ago

Also, the hand jobs bonus has become a fan favorite at our monthly tournaments. We have no idea how we are getting them, but we love to compete to see who can get the most. Haha. Anyone know how the hand job bonuses are awarded?

#6537 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, the hand jobs bonus has become a fan favorite at our monthly tournaments. We have no idea how we are getting them, but we love to compete to see who can get the most. Haha. Anyone know how the hand job bonuses are awarded?

Center ramp as you raise hands from the grave. They are counted up throughout the 3 balls.

You are obviously in Adult mode, otherwise it would be "Ramp Hands"

#6538 3 years ago

Is there a chance we can get some more call outs for the rejected shot,"you must be use to that"I like it but that is all I ever hear.it would be nice if there was one more at least

#6539 3 years ago

RZ #142 is in the house! Got to chat with Charlie for a bit and play some Domino's Pinball while I was at the shop. Very happy to be supporting this company!

rz (resized).jpg

#6540 3 years ago

Is powdercoat color the same on both models?

No, I believe LE has bronze powdercoat and the others are black.

#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

No, I believe LE has bronze powdercoat and the others are black.

The standard is not a normal black, either. It's kind of a silver-black orange peel textured powder. I really like it a lot, and I think it's a perfect fit for the theme of the game. I'm not sure exactly how it differs from the LE, though.

Edit:
It looks like the LE is a copper colored powder using the same texture as the standard.

#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The standard is not a normal black, either. It's kind of a silver-black orange peel textured powder. I really like it a lot, and I think it's a perfect fit for the theme of the game. I'm not sure exactly how it differs from the LE, though.
Edit:
It looks like the LE is a copper colored powder using the same texture as the standard.

indeed.
the coating design is called "vein"

silver vein on the 250 standard.
copper vein on the 50 LE's.

Steve pinballrefinery makes an awesome orange for it.

#6543 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

indeed.
the coating design is called "vein"
silver vein on the 250 standard.
copper vein on the 50 LE's.
Steve pinballrefinery makes an awesome orange for it.

So which model does the Pinballlife lockdown mod match?

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

So which model does the Pinballlife lockdown mod match?

You can choose either one from the drop down menu.

#6545 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

You can choose either one from the drop down menu.

Thanks didn't notice that!

#6546 3 years ago

150 is paid and ready to ship! Freight terminal is 10 blocks from my work too, pick up will be super easy. Kayte's customer service and response time to emails is amazing. When you call them it's like talking to an old friend too. Some everyday conversation with the call, more companies need to be this way. You can tell the customer is #1!

#6547 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

This is true, if you have other mods installed in your RZ, topper, etc. in order to power up my UV LED GI lighting kit you will need this splitter board and can be ordered from PBL. If you don't have these mods the upper right corner of the main board in the back box will be unused and open, it is a 4 pin terminal.
Thanks everyone that has ordered these upgrades and I will work on getting them out,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Just to clarify the adapter is also needed if you have the lit toys upgrade from Spooky. These use the same aux port as well.

#6548 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hand Jobs for dollars might be the only time this doesn't mean something completely dirty...

Shoot the center ramp six times for handjobs then you need to collect (not sure what you get) on the right orbit shot, then you can ramp again for another 6 and then right orbit, etc.... until you finish.

#6549 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Are there any Rob Zombie's Spook Show International pinball machines on route in NY or NJ?

There's one on location in Rochester, NY @ Monty's Krown.

#6550 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

150 is paid and ready to ship! Freight terminal is 10 blocks from my work too, pick up will be super easy. Kayte's customer service and response time to emails is amazing. When you call them it's like talking to an old friend too. Some everyday conversation with the call, more companies need to be this way. You can tell the customer is #1!

150!!!!!! Wow that mean 198 isn't far away. That's exciting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 10540 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 211.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside