2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 223.
#6451 7 years ago

The sling power is on the shipping setting for v14. I think that's "high" setting.
I wasn't paying perfect attention, but I think the ball crawled up the lane from the left flipper toward the sling, but had so much crazy spin on it, that it caught a grip with the rubber and pulled itself up under it. We thought it had drained, but really it just vanished right before us. After looking around, we found it under the left sling. Wow.

It was a very cool visual effect watching the ball just vanish. Neither one of us saw it go under the sling, it just vanished, & it was just a 1 ball on playfield point in time.

#6452 7 years ago

True story, I had this happen right when I got the game as well. Could not find the ball for the life of me, ended up putting another one in after looking everywhere and thought my pin was possessed at first, seriously creepy stuff. Located it later after getting some shotgunning from slingshot it happened to be stuck under. Hasn't happened again since

#6453 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Interesting... are the sling posts taller than most games?

I don't think so, but worth checking out

#6454 7 years ago

Maybe the new unused balls are still a bit slicker than normal & that combined with smooth glossy playfield & incredible ball spin action were the magic combo?

Just noodling...

#6455 7 years ago

Any recommended settings (beyond 3-5ball & freeplay) to do out of the box? I heard mention of solenoid settings but is there anything else? Maybe rule wise also?

#6456 7 years ago

Got in some game time last night.
Wow... this game really-really comes alive during game play. Both audio, visual, gameplay & tactile.
This pin shakes, rattles, vibrates & fights back!

#6457 7 years ago

So happy milwaukee wi has a rob zombie pin on location at black bird bar. Nice suprize. Just dropped 10 bucks in

20161023_224337 (resized).jpg20161023_224337 (resized).jpg
20161023_224345 (resized).jpg20161023_224345 (resized).jpg

#6458 7 years ago

My RZ should be delivered to Kruzman's today! Wish I had room for it at my place but at least it's in good hands.

#6459 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

My RZ should be delivered to Kruzman's today! Wish I had room for it at my place but at least it's in good hands.

Are you listening to yourself? You just said it will be at Kruzman's! Chris, I hope both you and Ron enjoy the machine.

Brad

#6460 7 years ago

So, I've had my game with the version that shipped with it until this weekend. I updated to the version on Spooky's site (v015 I think) while working to debug another issue and I've noticed a couple bugs. I apologize if they've already been mentioned. This is quite a large thread and I while I did a quick check, I didn't see them.

1. When exiting menus, the game doesn't go back into run mode. The "sync'ing" message doesn't come up and I'm forced to power cycle. It's repeatable. This sync'ing thing was new as it wasn't part of my prior versions boot up process.
2. When you enter initials, entering the final initial doesn't end/save it. If you try to click end, it deletes the last character. If it helps I could try and capture a video sequence to show it. Also repeatable.

Jaz

#6461 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Are you listening to yourself? You just said it will be at Kruzman's! Chris, I hope both you and Ron enjoy the machine.
Brad

No longer living in Rons guest house! I figured this pin would be perfect for Ron anyways. I should probably buy and extra PF and have Ron clear it though. I should send Kayte an email and ask.

#6462 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

No longer living in Rons guest house! I figured this pin would be perfect for Ron anyways. I should probably buy and extra PF and have Ron clear it though. I should send Kayte an email and ask.

I was working from the idea it was in good hands being with him regardless of where you are at! And yes, you should have an extra playfield as Ron needs something to do with his spare time that he enjoys.

Brad

#6463 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

1. When exiting menus, the game doesn't go back into run mode. The "sync'ing" message doesn't come up and I'm forced to power cycle. It's repeatable. This sync'ing thing was new as it wasn't part of my prior versions boot up process.
2. When you enter initials, entering the final initial doesn't end/save it. If you try to click end, it deletes the last character. If it helps I could try and capture a video sequence to show it. Also repeatable.

Both items you mention I am aware of. The sync issue you'll need to power off and on for now. I can remove the reboot part from the menu system, but you should probably power off/on anyway as the font system will tend to goof up when you come out of the menu system.

I'll be working on the initials situation in the next update.

#6464 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

think i need to get lights for the speakers. any vendor recommendations?

I have all of the Rob Zombie lighting upgrades available to order off my website, here is the link to the store if anyone would like to purchase them:

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

There are pictures and videos on the website to see the difference with these added.

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6465 7 years ago

Williams or Stern style side mirror blades fit RZ? Does anyone know?

#6466 7 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I have all of the Rob Zombie lighting upgrades available to order off my website, here is the link to the store if anyone would like to purchase them:
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

ah cool. that's what it needs.
how long does it take to ship ?

#6467 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Honestly no- I've asked spooky directly, Joe/Jose. The consensus is that Williams "might fit." I'll have my game possibly by end of Nov and I can assure you I will figure out when I get mine.

#6468 7 years ago

Really hard to capture the lighting upgrades from Pinball Refinery, but it is a drastic improvement and well worth the purchase.

RZ (resized).jpgRZ (resized).jpg

#6469 7 years ago

just so you know, you will need the board from pinball life to add the upgrades (topper, playfield/speaker lighting)

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

#6470 7 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

just so you know, you will need the board from pinball life to add the upgrades (topper, playfield/speaker lighting)

Just another good reason to buy from the crew at Pinball Life

#6471 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ah cool. that's what it needs.
how long does it take to ship ?

I am working on building them as orders are placed, currently I can have them shipped out this week.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6472 7 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

This is true, if you have other mods installed in your RZ, topper, etc. in order to power up my UV LED GI lighting kit you will need this splitter board and can be ordered from PBL. If you don't have these mods the upper right corner of the main board in the back box will be unused and open, it is a 4 pin terminal.

Thanks everyone that has ordered these upgrades and I will work on getting them out,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6473 7 years ago

Here is a post that I seen on Jose (Tilt Graphics) Facebook page about some game blades for Rob Zombie... I will definitely be ordering a set for my RZ....

https://www.facebook.com/tiltgraphics/

RZ game blades (resized).jpgRZ game blades (resized).jpg

#6474 7 years ago

Am I alone in saying when I play American witch I get Kind of turned on

#6475 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

You doing an undercab led kit for it? I'm getting mine in a month or two and would love to buy one.

#6476 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

They have some for AMH. https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/special-regular-mirrors/
Is the RZ cabinet size identical to AMH?

#6477 7 years ago

Here is a post that I seen on Jose (Tilt Graphics) Facebook page about some game blades for Rob Zombie... I will definitely be ordering a set for my RZ....
https://www.facebook.com/tiltgraphics/

Are these licensed and/or will Horley be making any side blades?

#6478 7 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Really hard to capture the lighting upgrades from Pinball Refinery, but it is a drastic improvement and well worth the purchase.

I know it is really hard to capture the look of the true lighting in a pic, but would you describe it as a bit washed-out purple feel? I bought an expensive LED game upgrade for my TOM (NOT from Pinball Refinery) that just makes the whole game feel purple and now I'm worried about doing it again to another game.

Thanks.

#6479 7 years ago

Well it uses LED strips not actual spotlights, on the playfield and it gives off a purple hue, but mixed with the dark art on the playfield, it works well. The speaker light kit adjusts to the game to give an added intensity.

#6480 7 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

Well it uses LED strips not actual spotlights, on the playfield and it gives off a purple hue, but mixed with the dark art on the playfield, it works well. The speaker light kit adjusts to the game to give an added intensity.

Ahh, okay. Perhaps this will work much better then. My TOM LED upgrade kit was definitely purple spotlights along with several purple GI bulbs. I'm not overly happy with it. It just washes out all of the colors. I like a sort of blacklight feel at times but not constantly.

#6481 7 years ago
Quoted from tmontana:

You doing an undercab led kit for it? I'm getting mine in a month or two and would love to buy one.

Yes, I will be making an interactive undercab kit for it this weekend. I will put yours in the mail Monday.

#6482 7 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Yes, I will be making an interactive undercab kit for it this weekend. I will put yours in the mail Monday.

I would love to order one as well if possible

#6483 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Any recommended settings (beyond 3-5ball & freeplay) to do out of the box? I heard mention of solenoid settings but is there anything else? Maybe rule wise also?

Switch to adult mode,it ships in family mode.

#6484 7 years ago

Charlie gave PinballSTAR a field trip job today to Rob Zombie's house to set up Rob's personal game. Details and more pictures here for those interested :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-epic-pinball-road-trip

IMG_2238 (resized).JPGIMG_2238 (resized).JPG

IMG_2242 (resized).JPGIMG_2242 (resized).JPG

#6485 7 years ago

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life shaker motor? Do you recommend it for this title? I have no clue how well of how often it is utilized.

I'm definitely getting the knocker kit. I'm undecided on the shaker motor.

#6486 7 years ago

I have both the shaker and knocker in mine. I would recommend it if you like shakers. There are a few places it's used that I think really adds to the game; the lawn mower, video mode, etc. Others have said that the subwoofer is a good substitute, but I tend to disagree.

That said, if you don't really like shakers or want to save some money, I don't think you would necessarily miss it.

#6487 7 years ago

Will let you know after I pick mine up any day now.

#6488 7 years ago

My take on the shaker is that since it's officially supported, I'd be missing something if I didn't have it.

However, I haven't had time to play recently let alone install the thing.

#6489 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

My take on the shaker is that since it's officially supported, I'd be missing something if I didn't have it.
However, I haven't had time to play recently let alone install the thing.

Same for me. Pinheck rev. 7 was made with connectors for a knocker and shaker, and software supports both. That's why I had them both installed.

#6490 7 years ago

I am working on building them as orders are placed, currently I can have them shipped out this week.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Mine is in that pile to be done -- Thanks Steve

#6491 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Has anyone installed the Pinball Life shaker motor? Do you recommend it for this title? I have no clue how well of how often it is utilized.
I'm definitely getting the knocker kit. I'm undecided on the shaker motor.

I have it bought -- Just not in yet - Might be in tommorrow - My pinball guy is working hard on getting all my Mods on that I have bought in the last few weeks. Cant wait till the Rob Zombie gets done.

#6492 7 years ago

i have like 40 seventeen year-olds coming over tomorrow for halloween party.
Rob Zombie pin will be the high-light !!

#6493 7 years ago

I just installed the game blades from Tilt Graphic in my custom RZ... The icing on the cake .

Here are a few pictures of what they look like installed with the UV GI lighting on and off. I which my phone camera took better pictures.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20161028_145123 (resized).jpg20161028_145123 (resized).jpg
20161028_145153 (resized).jpg20161028_145153 (resized).jpg
20161028_145222 (resized).jpg20161028_145222 (resized).jpg
20161028_145233 (resized).jpg20161028_145233 (resized).jpg
20161028_145703 (resized).jpg20161028_145703 (resized).jpg

#6494 7 years ago

I'm dressing up as a Spooky Pinball advertisement for our Halloween party with about 40 teenagers ready to play Rob Zombie pinball tonight

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6495 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm dressing up as a Spooky Pinball advertisement for our Halloween party with about 40 teenagers ready to play Rob Zombie pinball tonight

Awesome. Enjoy! I did a Halloween outing with my AMH last year, and it was very popular.

#6496 7 years ago

Had a problem with my robot servo--which will require replacement--and Charlie as always came through quickly with support and sent me this video link detailing how to replace the robot servo. Very helpful. Spooky customer support is unmatched.

#6497 7 years ago

I just installed the game blades from Tilt Graphic in my custom RZ... The icing on the cake .
Here are a few pictures of what they look like installed with the UV GI lighting on and off. I which my phone camera took better pictures.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Do the blades just stick onto the cabinet?

#6498 7 years ago

I wish the blades and backboard had some kind of tie to the movies. The back board screams for half to be something black and white with Living Dead Girl with Spaulding's Museum on the right.

House11_rgb (resized).jpgHouse11_rgb (resized).jpg

House-of-1000-Corpses-Captain-Spaulding-s-Roadside-Museum-sign-1 (resized).jpgHouse-of-1000-Corpses-Captain-Spaulding-s-Roadside-Museum-sign-1 (resized).jpg

97_4 (resized).jpg97_4 (resized).jpg

#6499 7 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Do the blades just stick onto the cabinet?

Yes... very easily installed without pulling out the playfield. Just raise the playfield up to the service position. And install them by aligning the back to the front and sticking them on the sides.

#6500 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I wish the blades and backboard had some kind of tie to the movies. The back board screams for half to be something black and white with Living Dead Girl with Spaulding's Museum on the right.

would have had to have been officially licensed to do that...legally

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
$ 210.00
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.