Topic Stats

• 10,479 posts
  • 599 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 104 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50EAF020-4CD8-4119-9427-F544C9EF38B0 (resized).jpeg
5DEFF28A-B529-4D16-A30F-1A4C5F68DDB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
20191005_213740 (resized).jpg
20191005_213729 (resized).jpg
20191005_221951 (resized).jpg
20191005_221631 (resized).jpg
20191005_221713 (resized).jpg
20191005_221535 (resized).jpg
20191004_231821 (resized).jpg
20191004_230221 (resized).jpg
20191004_225937 (resized).jpg
20191004_225047 (resized).jpg
20190926_165833 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 210.
#6251 3 years ago

Also, for other games, that style of plastic leg "protector" tends to do as much damage as not having protectors at all.

Either buy the metal ones like the one that shipped with RZ or use the felt style protector. Metal is the best because there is no contact at all by the legs to the art.

#6252 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Aright thx info everyone I'll be taken them off tonight

If you like the look, the metal and the plastic together is fine since the metal ones keep the plastic ones from touching the cabinet. I agree not to use the plastic ones as the only line of defense, though.

#6253 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Does the spooky minute last for just one minute ?or does it start at midnight and last for an extended amount of time?

1 minute

#6254 3 years ago

First time I was playing at midnight on my GOT, I thought I fried a board or something. Very cool feature, i was glad to hear a while back that it was in the RZ code. I thought I heard that AMH had this too?

#6255 3 years ago

Well after 24hr of having my RZ and so far love the game. Had couple small issues which the spooky team took care of in a snap. They have the best support around and the fastest. So thanks Spooky you guys rock

IMG_20160921_182815 (resized).jpg

#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, the metal "spacers" make any other "protectors" redundant. You don't need them any more. The spacers are the way to go, especially for decalled cabinet art.
rd

You are correct but I've seen at least one case where the leg is a little bent on an edge and nearly touches the cabinet even with one of those standoffs.

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Well after 24hr of having my RZ and so far love the game. Had couple small issues which the spooky team took care of in a snap. They have the best support around and the fastest. So thanks Spooky you guys rock

2Kaulitz... is your playfield lighting modified by you, is it standard lighting, or is that the upgrade lighting option offered by Spooky?

#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

2Kaulitz... is your playfield lighting modified by you, is it standard lighting, or is that the upgrade lighting option offered by Spooky?

Its the upgraded lighting option that they offer.

#6259 3 years ago

MMmmmm the chicken LE looks delicious

#6260 3 years ago

Got to spend some time on a new RZ tonight, and my first impressions were very favorable. Game was playing fast and furious and we had to turn the flipper power down to 1. Is still a fast flowy experience. Can't wait to put a few more hours on it.

#6261 3 years ago

Been looking but can't find the song list for the game.

#6263 3 years ago

My #114 just shipped out yesterday

#6264 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you like the look, the metal and the plastic together is fine since the metal ones keep the plastic ones from touching the cabinet. I agree not to use the plastic ones as the only line of defense, though.

I replaced all of mine with clear plastic ones that I embedded LEDS in, so they are purely for decoration. RZ will likely get red.

#6265 3 years ago

#115 ships out on Monday

#6266 3 years ago

#119 arriving this Friday

#6267 3 years ago

113 ready to be picked up but can't make it there for 2 more weeks

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from pballinhd:

#119 arriving this Friday

Aka tomorrow?

#6269 3 years ago

Can anyone help me get the RZ instruction cards to print right ? I can't seem to get them to print to correct size ect.

#6270 3 years ago

A Spooky Bump lol

#6271 3 years ago

Make sure you are printing 1 and not altering the aspect ratio by fitting to page. You need to be much more specific as to what's wrong before anybody can give you specific help.

#6272 3 years ago

Jetsons would be a great machine to own.

#6273 3 years ago

Just found out I made the cut after someone backed out,#167 has my name on it now!

#6274 3 years ago

Wow that's great news. You get a game and you get one fairly soon!

#6275 3 years ago

Rob Zombie #114 came early yesterday morning. Only had to tweak the audio settings on the amp as the bass from the subwoofer was rattling the game way too much and causing distortion in the music. I got 666 corpses on my first time through House of 1000 Corpses; was hoping for a extra bonus for that but no.

Thanks Spooky for an awesome game!

IMG_20160927_105629 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160927_113111 (resized).jpg

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Rob Zombie #114 came early yesterday morning. Only had to tweak the audio settings on the amp as the bass from the subwoofer was rattling the game way too much and causing distortion in the music. I got 666 corpses on my first time through House of 1000 Corpses; was hoping for a extra bonus for that but no.
Thanks Spooky for an awesome game!

hrmm.. 666 corpse bonus.. i'll have to make a note on that

#6277 3 years ago

Who knew there would be this many RZ's within 10-15 minutes of each other with 2Kaulitz, oopsallberrys and myself. Herg & jints56 aren't far either. Not that big of a deal on a larger run but 5 out of 300 seems like a cool coincidence.

#6278 3 years ago

I've have my RZ for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying playing it. I have added a few lighting upgrades to my machine. 4 small LEDs in the skulls eyes, lighting the chicken bucket on the jet popper, add extra flashers to the robot, chicken and gasoline sign. After upgrading the insert and GI LEDs, I decided to do my biggest improvement by adding some bitchin UV GI lighting. This machine is dark when the lights are off so I wanted to make it playable in a dark room. The camera can not show the true color of the UV light and is not washed out. It's more blueish and makes everything pop. Perfect for this theme.

I still have to add some interactive speaker lights and new powder coating colors. I'm going to do a burnt orange on my machine. I'll post more pictures soon.

I'll offer these upgrades if anyone is interested in them.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

20160919_170640 (resized).jpg
20160919_170728 (resized).jpg

20160915_201533 (resized).jpg

20160915_203138 (resized).jpg

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Who knew there would be this many RZ's within 10-15 minutes of each other with 2Kaulitz, oopsallberrys and myself. Herg & jints56 aren't far either. Not that big of a deal on a larger run but 5 out of 300 seems like a cool coincidence.

Jints doesn't have one now, since I bought the one he had. I do still have my original order on the way, and Jints may end up with that one, though. There's also a guy right across the street from me with one on the way. I think there's just a LOT of pinheads in the area.

#6280 3 years ago

Are the legs for RZ same as wpc size ?

#6281 3 years ago

We are hopefully going to draw our winner of a AMH and NIB RZ this weekend in York - We are at 100 tickets sold for our raffle and need to get to 125 - WHO WANTS A SPOOKY GAME ???

Just need to send $ 200 to Joe@PinballSTAR.com for your entry !

Thread is here for info :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballstars-pintastic-amh-and-rob-zombie-raffle-now-live

#6282 3 years ago

I got to play one last night in league and it was great! Thanks Spooky!

#6283 3 years ago

The side art of this game will go down in the ages as some of the greatest.

Can't wait to see what's next down the line for Spooky. Has anything info leaked? (besides the pizza one)

#6284 3 years ago

I always look forward to updates to this thread to see what #'s are being shipped.
Spooky seems to be moving along at a pretty good pace, can't wait for mine #173 (I think).

#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Spooky seems to be moving along at a pretty good pace,...

So far so good - as in Spooky is scary good...and no talks of a corporate take-over. If they sell a pin and you buy it - they will build it and support it and polish the code for it until it sparkles.

After reading the AMH 1.23 thread, the general concensus is people are happy with their games and the coding in Spooky's first game is complete. RZ is very fun now, but I am betting it will continue to receive code updates on a regular basis until it is fully baked.

#6286 3 years ago

Quick question. We are getting a lot of airballs from the number 2 target just to the left of the middle ramp. These airballs are sending balls into the bottom of the cabinet in 2 different ways so far. One way is it airballs down to just outside of the shooter rod and finds a space to get into the bottom of the cab. The other way is it squeezes next to the spotlights mounted below the skirt right above the drain. Is anybody else having similar issues?

I guess if we take off the target post and bend them down to try and eliminate the air balls then the balls might not find the holes into the bottom of the cabinet. However it seems strange that there should be anyway for a ball to make its way down below, let alone 2 ways. Is it possible we are missing a couple of pieces that should block the ball?

#6287 3 years ago

I liked AMH the first time I played it (#22, I think?) but mostly because it felt so DIFFERENT from all the others. Raw, but different. There's a much later example on location near me and I've been playing it since it arrived. No doubt that it has matured greatly and once dialled in is a blast to play. It's not an easy game but it sucks the quarters right out of my pocket, which is why I didn't hesitate on RZ and have no regrets about staying in on it. I only got a few plays at Allentown but expect mine to be here before the end of the year and I'm all but standing at the end of the driveway in anticipation.

#6288 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I've have my RZ for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying playing it. I have added a few lighting upgrades to my machine. 4 small LEDs in the skulls eyes, lighting the chicken bucket on the jet popper, add extra flashers to the robot, chicken and gasoline sign. After upgrading the insert and GI LEDs, I decided to do my biggest improvement by adding some bitchin UV GI lighting. This machine is dark when the lights are off so I wanted to make it playable in a dark room. The camera can not show the true color of the UV light and is not washed out. It's more blueish and makes everything pop. Perfect for this theme.
I still have to add some interactive speaker lights and new powder coating colors. I'm going to do a burnt orange on my machine. I'll post more pictures soon.
I'll offer these upgrades if anyone is interested in them.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Here are the RZ mods that I have come up with and I have them on my website to order.

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc

Thanks,

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6289 3 years ago

Here are the RZ mods that I have come up with and I have them on my website to order.
http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/Rob-Zombies-Spook-Show-International/c/21009054/offset=0&sort=addedTimeDesc
Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Just ordered some of the mods. Figure I'd have them for next spring when I expect my table to get delivered. I will be interested in what you do with the powder coating. Do you plan on offering that for sale as well in the future?

#6290 3 years ago

Full order of refinery upgrades here including powder coating. Keep up the good work Steve.

#6291 3 years ago

Thanks,
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Does the UV GI kit consist of replacement bulbs or is this extra lighting in addition to the stock GI?

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does the UV GI kit consist of replacement bulbs or is this extra lighting in addition to the stock GI?

The website says "It will come complete with a plug in harness, no soldering is required and we will email you the installation directions once your order is shipped." so I'm assuming it has something extra. I would like to see everything that comes with it though.

#6293 3 years ago

I'm a fan of the stand powder coated rails and legs; they are not just plain black. They have a texture to them.

And on that subject, has anyone ordered the standard (not LE) lighted lock down bar from pinball life? It says silver colored but that wouldn't match the existing powder coat.

#6294 3 years ago

Quoted from SilverBallz:

The website says "It will come complete with a plug in harness, no soldering is required and we will email you the installation directions once your order is shipped." so I'm assuming it has something extra. I would like to see everything that comes with it though.

Yes, this is a add-on upgrade GI lighting kit for it you will not be replacing the machine GI lighting. I like the look of the standard white LEDs under plastics, but the upgrade makes the playfield and the figures stand out. There are 3 areas and 4 sets of the UV lighting that I add to the machine. I did edit my website to say this, thanks for asking.

Thanks for everyone that has placed their orders and I will be building them.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from Dynadan:

Quick question. We are getting a lot of airballs from the number 2 target just to the left of the middle ramp. These airballs are sending balls into the bottom of the cabinet in 2 different ways so far. One way is it airballs down to just outside of the shooter rod and finds a space to get into the bottom of the cab. The other way is it squeezes next to the spotlights mounted below the skirt right above the drain. Is anybody else having similar issues?
I guess if we take off the target post and bend them down to try and eliminate the air balls then the balls might not find the holes into the bottom of the cabinet. However it seems strange that there should be anyway for a ball to make its way down below, let alone 2 ways. Is it possible we are missing a couple of pieces that should block the ball?

#6296 3 years ago

Yes, this is a add-on upgrade GI lighting kit for it you will not be replacing the machine GI lighting. I like the look of the standard white LEDs under plastics, but the upgrade makes the playfield and the figures stand out. There are 3 areas and 4 sets of the UV lighting that I add to the machine. I did edit my website to say this, thanks for asking.
Thanks for everyone that has placed their orders and I will be building them.
Steve
Pinball Refinery

Thanks for the details, it looks great! Just wondering how/where the lighting is added if not replacing existing GI. Spot lamps, LED strips, something else?

#6297 3 years ago

Thanks for the details, it looks great! Just wondering how/where the lighting is added if not replacing existing GI. Spot lamps, LED strips, something else?

I use my custom UV LED strips that my supplier builds to my specification. Most of the other UV LEDs on the market are very dim and dull, but mine are bright and work amazingly. I place them in the machine where they are not going to blind you by shining in your eyes, but light up the features on the playfield. The kit come with everything you'll need, LEDs, plug in harnesses, mounting bracket, zip ties and pictured instructions.

Steve
Pinball Refinery

#6298 3 years ago

My latest mod on my Rob Zombie

RZ shooter Rod

IMG_20160930_151652~2 (resized).jpg

#6299 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

My latest mod on my Rob Zombie
RZ shooter Rod

nice looking, where'd you find?

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

nice looking, where'd you find?

Coin taker had them at the York show and it was there last one. Not sure if there getting more or not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waukesha, WI
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 10479 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 210.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside