IMG_7429 (resized).png
2024-01-30 14.05.02 (resized).jpg
sr17 (resized).jpg
R0010137 (resized).jpg
R0010139 (resized).jpg
R0010136 (resized).jpg
R0010127 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 223.
#6001 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Profit potential is just too great, under priced machine from the factory and many saw upside and never planned on keeping in the first place.

Was it truly under priced? I don't think many people realize that a fully upgraded LE was over $7k shipped. That's over $1k more than AMH. A handful of machines selling on the secondary market is very different from selling out an entire run from the factory.

#6002 7 years ago

I think the games are perfectly priced for what you get. If people want to over pay for a machine that thee isn't many of, that's fine. Doesn mean it's underpriced. Just means some people want something that's rare.

#6003 7 years ago

Put up a decent score (for a player of my skill level) on my friend's Rob Zombie tonight . High score number one but he must have recently updated his game because I seem to recall the scores being higher than that last time I was there .

20160904_202856.jpg20160904_202856.jpg

#6004 7 years ago

I agree in that it's spot on price-wise for you get, however given the limited availability of 300 and theme I believe it was a bit under-priced by $300-$500.

#6005 7 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Was it truly under priced? I don't think many people realize that a fully upgraded LE was over $7k shipped. That's over $1k more than AMH. A handful of machines selling on the secondary market is very different from selling out an entire run from the factory.

I agree ... I think the RRP is right on the sweet spot. And the quantity of games made as well.

As I discussed with Ben when he was down here a few months back, IMO its better to have 300 games sold and money in the bank, especially for a start up company. Money in the bank is golllllldddddddddd.

Just like Big Eno's word. Hey, when is the Smokey and the Bandit pin being made? Best movie everrrrrrrrrr

rd

http://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/8a0522a6-92d0-47ee-9a75-4b8d75593cef

#6006 7 years ago

It's a constantly evolving game and on that note, surely it would look better to have black screws on the speaker panel instead of silver?

Even better would be covers so they are not seen at all?

b58793397e73cab6642ca3a1a850cd7a1843caca (resized).jpgb58793397e73cab6642ca3a1a850cd7a1843caca (resized).jpg

#6007 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Glad I opted for a later built machine. This will be my first new pinball machine. Looking forward to not have to fix anything or have stuff that needs attention. Just play and enjoy the game. I am like 224 so by then all fixes, will hopefully be in place.

Sorry dude that late # is TAKEN! lol Better call Kayte

#6008 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I think a bunch are being sold due to it being a kinda crappy machine. Quality feel just ain't there.....

I totally agree...... played one and was very unimpressed.

#6009 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I totally agree...... played one and was very unimpressed.

i'm curious, what could Spooky have done differently, that would have impressed you?

#6010 7 years ago

I like mine. It looks simple, but it's not. It's so fast and that house of a 1000 corpse multiball is insane. I've only completed one mode so far. Still so much to see and do. I really wanted this game to keep not turn for a little bit of money, and it is staying.

#6011 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

i'm curious, what could Spooky have done differently, that would have impressed you?

Not all people will be impressed with every game. I am just impressed that we have another legit manufacturer that is cranking out games at a steady pace and from what I have seen has some very exciting titles on the way.

#6012 7 years ago

From Spooky's facebook

FB_IMG_1473085493954 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1473085493954 (resized).jpg

#6013 7 years ago

For me, I don't like the layout or pf art. Both of them missed the mark big time for me. Maybe the next Spooky game will work for me. No biggie.

#6014 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

From Spooky's facebook

Hey is that my old flight 2000 cabinet?

#6015 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Hey is that my old flight 2000 cabinet?

That's what it looks like

#6016 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and from what I have seen has some very exciting titles on the way.

WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN?

#6017 7 years ago

I dont like the playfield layout, I dont like the art, the ball gets stuck in the upper playfield often, flippers feel strange, and it just kind of feels cheap to me for whatever reason. I will however give the cabinet two thumbs up, the cabinet feels well built and solid. BTW, im not bashing on Spooky either, I want them to succeed and I hope they start making some of the best games that's ever been made. This game here just didn't do it for me.

#6018 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I think a bunch are being sold due to it being a kinda crappy machine. Quality feel just ain't there.....

Weird things happen on location or at home that never happen when designing a game. Spooky has addressed any issue head on and the code is constantly being tweaked with Dave taking/answering questions here. Sort of unprecedented access IMO. This is coming from a company 10-12 people deep. Below is the alternative company...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-just-doesnt-care
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases

#6019 7 years ago

#6020 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Weird things happen on location or at home that never happen when designing a game. Spooky has addressed any issue head on and the code is constantly being tweaked with Dave taking/answering questions here. Sort of unprecedented access IMO. This is coming from a company 10-12 people deep. Below is the alternative company...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-just-doesnt-care
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/about-stern-and-commitment-to-code-releases

The alternative company hs far more customers so naturally they're going to have more complaints. Stern isnt perfect, but they have been making some damn good pinball machine the last few years.

#6021 7 years ago

Code change request - What! needs progress memory similar to demonoid or dragula. I have never been able to complete this mode after hundreds of games. If it had memory, then mode would be more balanced and achieveable. Alternatively, you could offer setting of number of switch hits needed to complete what! Either will be an improvement.

#6022 7 years ago

Code change request - What! needs progress memory similar to demonoid or dragula. I have never been able to complete this mode after hundreds of games. If it had memory, then mode would be more balanced and achieveable. Alternatively, you could offer setting of number of switch hits needed to complete what! Either will be an improvement.

Ill put it on the list and see how it works out.

#6023 7 years ago

I've never completed What! either, and I'd say more than 50% of the time, I don't even get a flipper on the ball. I'm thinking that adjustments to the VUK might help.

That reminds me, last night I got two balls in the VUK at the same time during multiball, and I had to remove the glass and use a magnet stick to clear it. No amount of shifting was able to get the balls into a spot where the VUK would clear the jam.

#6024 7 years ago

The hard part is that first flip. What isn't that hard though so and adjustment is something I'd try.

Quoted from herg:

I've never completed What! either, and I'd say more than 50% of the time, I don't even get a flipper on the ball. I'm thinking that adjustments to the VUK might help.

#6025 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That reminds me, last night I got two balls in the VUK at the same time during multiball, and I had to remove the glass and use a magnet stick to clear it. No amount of shifting was able to get the balls into a spot where the VUK would clear the jam.

You'll find a happy place for the VUK.. either it will hit the edging near the skulls and roll down.. or you get a bounce and roll off the right edge into the rubber where it bounces to your flipper. From there it's rhythm.

#6026 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Spooky has addressed any issue head on and the code is constantly being tweaked with Dave taking/answering questions here. Sort of unprecedented access IMO

not your opinion- rather that's a fact.

#6027 7 years ago

I complete WHAT almost every time. 6 qualifying lanes, 3 spaulding bashes = multiball. Maybe I'm missing something - perhaps there is the jackpot collect I'm missing?

#6028 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I complete WHAT almost every time. 6 qualifying lanes, 3 spaulding bashes = multiball. Maybe I'm missing something - perhaps there is the jackpot collect I'm missing?

I can't speak for Jeff, but on mine, the ball comes out of the VUK, then often bounces off the rail on the left of the playfiled all the way back the rail on the right, then races off the upper playfield without me being able to get the flipper on it.

#6029 7 years ago

What is easy if the ball hits the flipper on the vuk exit consistently. Problem is it doesnt...mine hits the pile and either bounces straight down the rail or bounces over and off the playfield completely. If I turn the vuk power down then it takes 6 tries to get the ball up and that's equally frustrating. Not sure what the solution is but it's a good idea implemented inconsistently at best poorly at worst. One of the more frustrating aspects of my game currently.

#6030 7 years ago

hey has anyone had anymore fuse being blown after newest code ?

#6031 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Same for me, it's actually a really easy mode to finish and I'm not that good at playing.

Quoted from robertmee:

What is easy if the ball hits the flipper on the vuk exit consistently. Problem is it doesnt...mine hits the pile and either bounces straight down the rail or bounces over and off the playfield completely. If I turn the vuk power down then it takes 6 tries to get the ball up and that's equally frustrating. Not sure what the solution is but it's a good idea implemented inconsistently at best poorly at worst. One of the more frustrating aspects of my game currently.

If the ball is constantly going everywhere except the flipper, I think maybe some vuk adjustments are in order or wire form adjustments if that doesn't work. Noticed the left side of my upper play field wasn't seated properly from transport when I got my game home. Was as simple as pushing down on the upper left side. Just something to check

#6032 7 years ago

My best playing what! is 6 hits and drain. I have played hours of games choosing only what mode. OMG what is wrong with me??? I can achieve all other modes. Granted haven't been able to string them together in one game, but what! is messing with my mojo.

#6033 7 years ago

Ok, I did manage to finish what this evening by digging the ball out of the drain with the tip of the flipper, then getting a rhythm. I also finished Dragula, SB, DCR, AW, and about half of DP. Now, that was FUN!

I played with VUK settings, but it's either too weak or I get a lot of bounce off the rail. I'm not sure what to do with it.

#6034 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I can't speak for Jeff, but on mine, the ball comes out of the VUK, then often bounces off the rail on the left of the playfiled all the way back the rail on the right, then races off the upper playfield without me being able to get the flipper on it.

I have found it it a lot of rhythm once I get the ball under control.
When my ball comes out of the VUK, if I immediately try to flip it will go down the rail back to the playfield. A lot of times it will hit the right side post and bounce over to the mini flipper.
I have completed the what mode quite a few times but it took awhile to get the timing down.

#6035 7 years ago

I took some video of the VUK drop and What mode on my machine. I was playing one handed, so sorry in advance about the motion sickness you may get. Thought this may help

What mode:

VUK drop:

#6036 7 years ago

My number 105 ships tomorrow! Can't wait.

#6037 7 years ago

My best playing what! is 6 hits and drain. I have played hours of games choosing only what mode. OMG what is wrong with me??? I can achieve all other modes. Granted haven't been able to string them together in one game, but what! is messing with my mojo.

Adjust the leg levelers on your game. Different slopes and angles make these shots much easier or harder.

#6038 7 years ago

I suck and after I just a little adjustment in the vuk I found the upper playfield quite easy to get control of,mabey a little to easy,if you add memory to what make it adjustable,yes or no.

#6039 7 years ago

A few possible issues:

When a ball is sitting in the shooter lane, you can plunge it just far enough for the switch to open. The music changes like it assumes the ball is in play, although the ball is still sitting in the shooter lane. If you wait a few seconds, ball search kicks in.

I haven't been able to fully track this one down, but occasionally, I can plunge a ball and as soon as the ball leaves the shooter lane switch, the shaker rumbles and it says skill shot failed. Maybe there's a switch that is misadjusted and is getting triggered? I'm just not sure how to find out.

This is not a big deal, but I just have to ask. What's up with the double knocks? I have a knocker coil installed, and it knocks twice on a match or extra ball. Replay, I think it's only once, but I'm not sure.

#6040 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

A few possible issues:
When a ball is sitting in the shooter lane, you can plunge it just far enough for the switch to open. The music changes like it assumes the ball is in play, although the ball is still sitting in the shooter lane. If you wait a few seconds, ball search kicks in.

Fixed, will be available in V014

Quoted from herg:

I haven't been able to fully track this one down, but occasionally, I can plunge a ball and as soon as the ball leaves the shooter lane switch, the shaker rumbles and it says skill shot failed. Maybe there's a switch that is misadjusted and is getting triggered? I'm just not sure how to find out.

When this happens, go into the switch matrix, you may have a stuck switch.

Quoted from herg:

This is not a big deal, but I just have to ask. What's up with the double knocks? I have a knocker coil installed, and it knocks twice on a match or extra ball. Replay, I think it's only once, but I'm not sure.

You are welcome to suggest a change.

#6041 7 years ago

with V014, adult flip code is being replaced with "Auto Adult" This is an option you can turn on or off in the main settings. When on, holding the left flip and start button at power up will turn adult mode on.

#6042 7 years ago

David Fawcett for president

#6043 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Fixed, will be available in V014

Awesome! Thanks.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

When this happens, go into the switch matrix, you may have a stuck switch.

I have looked, and the only switches closed when the game is idle are the trough switches. It might be a momentary switch closure due to vibration, but I'm not sure how to track that down other than going into switch test and banging on the playfield.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

You are welcome to suggest a change.

Historically, the knocker means you won a free game. On match, it's usually a single knock (single credit), and it's usually right at the moment that the match value is displayed.

For replays, I think it's right as-is, but I can't really remember whether it's knocking once or twice. Once is normal.

Extra balls, I've seen both ways. Some games knock, others don't. Whichever way you choose, it should probably be a single knock, based on convention.

Usually, games will also allow the operator to award credits for high scores. Often the number of credits is configurable for each position on the high scores list, and you'll knock for each credit awarded.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

with V014, adult flip code is being replaced with "Auto Adult" This is an option you can turn on or off in the main settings. When on, holding the left flip and start button at power up will turn adult mode on.

That will be awesome. I'm excited for the update.

Thank you so much for the attention to detail and willingness to listen to feedback. Like other have said, it's very refreshing.

I'm sure you're internally keeping a list of changes and assigning priority to them. The knocker changes are LOW, LOW priority. Anything you guys are working on to improve the scoring balance would be highest on my list. If you would prefer feature requests and bug reports sent somewhere else, I'm happy to do that instead of posting here.

#6044 7 years ago

I always enjoy the beginning to multi balls on lotr. These are of course skip able by double flipper. They are memorable and a cool light show.
Does house of 1k corpses have a cool intro?
The song track begins with very cool and scary press sound bites. Thought that would be cool with just the red lights pulsing to a heart beat style rhythm.

#6045 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Anything you guys are working on to improve the scoring balance would be highest on my list

Agree.

#6046 7 years ago

And something for starting all the modes - a nice, epic reward

#6047 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Ok, I did manage to finish what this evening by digging the ball out of the drain with the tip of the flipper, then getting a rhythm. I also finished Dragula, SB, DCR, AW, and about half of DP. Now, that was FUN!
I played with VUK settings, but it's either too weak or I get a lot of bounce off the rail. I'm not sure what to do with it.

You might try raising the back right leg leveler a couple turns. I found a slight increase made the ball come out of the VUK, hit the right wall, and back into the left lane. hit it back to spaulding, change lanes, repeat. Very consistent. If the bounce doesnt go to the left lane, it comes down the wall, and will kick to the right back onto the flipper - so I seem to find the flipper out of the VUK nearly every time.

If I mess up from there, its user error - but the minor right back leg adjustment made a huge improvement.

#6048 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

I took some video of the VUK drop and What mode on my machine. I was playing one handed, so sorry in advance about the motion sickness you may get. Thought this may help
What mode:
» YouTube video
VUK drop:
» YouTube video

play suggestion - be sure to flip to change lanes - saves 3 flips to get to hitting spaulding and reduces risk of missing and having to restart. Consistency timing/speedwise on the left flipp as the ball comes through the left lane will almost always go back to spaulding and drop in the left lane, and then hit spaulding 3 times to open the gate.

Hint on spaulding gate adjustment - I had to adjust both the open and closed positions using settings, if its not open enough the ball can get behind spaulding and stuck on the plastic.

#6049 7 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

My number 105 ships tomorrow! Can't wait.

My RZ is also shipping tmrw #110

Correction KT sent me 2nd email saying mine well be next week now as it's not quite ready yet. But was also told shipping is only about 2 days. So no biggie

#6050 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

My RZ is also shipping tmrw #110

Well done Spooky

Over a third way through the run.

In 6 months time the chatter will be moving on to title 3!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 11,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.