2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 223.
#5951 7 years ago

Dave can comment further but he has yet to mention bringing the code back yet. I think he's focusing on more critical game functionality updates and improvements at the moment.

I would really like to see the flipper code brought back when he has time to implement it. I was really excited to hear about this early on, and a bit bummed to hear it was removed but there's still hope!

#5952 7 years ago

flip code is not back in

I'm revamping how adult mode settings work. The current issue is when you have the adult time setting on and you have the adult video/sfx settings on. They are conflicting with each other.

Turn off "use adult time" in main settings. And set the video/sfx as you want.

I am changing to where you can select blocks of time that the adult mode settings will be used.

New system will be as follows

Use Adult Time = On
New option comes up to set the times.. There are 24 time slots you can turn on or off. This will use the adult video/sfx settings

Use Adult Time = Off
Adult time blocks are ignored and the adult video/sfx settings are used 24/7

#5953 7 years ago

Great to hear you're working on it.

The timed settings are cool, but for my situation (and I'm guessing a lot of others), I'm finding that even if they were working properly, they wouldn't really work in practice. I don't know ahead of time when I'll be able to play without my son in the house. Often, it's when I come home from work to find that the family is out.

The flipper code would work in this situation, but it doesn't need to be as complex as setting a combination and being able to enter that combination at any time during attract to dynamically change the setting. Simply looking for the left flipper button being held when the game boots would work for me.

#5954 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Use Adult Time = On
New option comes up to set the times.. There are 24 time slots you can turn on or off. This will use the adult video/sfx settings
Use Adult Time = Off

This option is great for locations. Thanks!

#5955 7 years ago

A few thoughts regarding adult mode for routed games.

1. I don't want to have people to have the ability to change settings by cycling power and holding in a flipper.
2. Timers don't really work, cause kids could be in the location anytime

Suggestion:
Have ONE setting that you can select Adult (always on), Family (always on), Adult (Left Flipper Enabled at boot - default Family), Adult Time (expanded menu needed). The nice thing about this would be it satisfies both the home user as well as route operator.

#5956 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Great to hear you're working on it.
The timed settings are cool, but for my situation (and I'm guessing a lot of others), I'm finding that even if they were working properly, they wouldn't really work in practice. I don't know ahead of time when I'll be able to play without my son in the house. Often, it's when I come home from work to find that the family is out.
The flipper code would work in this situation, but it doesn't need to be as complex as setting a combination and being able to enter that combination at any time during attract to dynamically change the setting. Simply looking for the left flipper button being held when the game boots would work for me.

Quoted from u2sean:

A few thoughts regarding adult mode for routed games.
1. I don't want to have people to have the ability to change settings by cycling power and holding in a flipper.
2. Timers don't really work, cause kids could be in the location anytime
Suggestion:
Have ONE setting that you can select Adult (always on), Family (always on), Adult (Left Flipper Enabled at boot - default Family), Adult Time (expanded menu needed). The nice thing about this would be it satisfies both the home user as well as route operator.

The original flipper code did have a setting to be disabled for operator purposes.

I like the flippers holding while powering up idea. I can have this as feature setting to disable for operators (or families). If this feature is activated and used, I'll set it up so the adult mode setting isn't saved, so you can power down and back on without any surprises.

#5957 7 years ago

Why not just have ADULT MODE = ON/OFF in the service menu? If you want to change it, you have to open the door. This way the man(woman) with the keys makes the rules.

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

flip code is not back in
I'm revamping how adult mode settings work. The current issue is when you have the adult time setting on and you have the adult video/sfx settings on. They are conflicting with each other.
Turn off "use adult time" in main settings. And set the video/sfx as you want.
I am changing to where you can select blocks of time that the adult mode settings will be used.
New system will be as follows
Use Adult Time = On
Use Adult Time = Off

#5958 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why not just have ADULT MODE = ON/OFF in the service menu? If you want to change it, you have to open the door. This way the man(woman) with the keys makes the rules.

That's the way it is now, but it's more steps involved when you need to switch it back and forth relatively often. We're talking about a shortcut here.

I suppose the menus will get easier to navigate as I learn them, but for now, I find them pretty confusing. Additionally, there aren't four buttons like I'm used to. There's only two inside the door, plus the flipper buttons, so it requires jumping back and forth between the two sets of buttons.

#5959 7 years ago

This may be coincidence, but it started happening at the same time I upgraded to v12. Attempt the skill shot, don't hit any switches and drain. The DMD says ball saved, but it doesn't kick another ball out. The game then goes into ball search for a while, then eventually the game recognizes it as a drain. My plan tomorrow is to revert to v11 and see if the problem goes away.

Edit:
This now says fixed in the release notes for v13, which is still in progress. Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to it.

#5960 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

My plan tomorrow is to revert to v11 and see if the problem goes away.

Don't... Bug (our son and now aptly named code bug squasher) found this... Fawzma has already fixed it and we'll update soon.

#5961 7 years ago

V013 is available

http://www.fawzma.com/RZUPDATE/rzupdatestable.zip

Windows 7/10 users can use the following auto updater. Make sure to read the included instructions.

http://www.fawzma.com/RZUPDATE/rzupdate.zip

#5962 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

This may be coincidence, but it started happening at the same time I upgraded to v12. Attempt the skill shot, don't hit any switches and drain. The DMD says ball saved, but it doesn't kick another ball out. The game then goes into ball search for a while, then eventually the game recognizes it as a drain. My plan tomorrow is to revert to v11 and see if the problem goes away.
Edit:
This now says fixed in the release notes for v13, which is still in progress. Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to it.

Where can you see the release notes?

#5965 7 years ago

I don't know if it has been added or talked about but would it be possible to make it so you don't have to renter your initials for high scores for the same player.

#5966 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't know if it has been added or talked about but would it be possible to make it so you don't have to renter your initials for high scores for the same player.

it's on the list.

#5967 7 years ago

Side note. Anyone who has had fuse issues an you please let me know if it's happening anymore since v012?

#5968 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it's on the list.

Cool. Thanks.

#5969 7 years ago

I got to play this game for the first time the other day, which was pretty exciting because I'm a big Rob Zombie fan.

#5971 7 years ago

I'm not going to riddle this game (or any other game) with action figures and G.I. Joes. To each his own, just not my style.

#5972 7 years ago

My wife and I just saw an advance screening of Rob's new movie "31" tonight and it was pretty good. It pulls absolutely no punches. Someone should lock him up actually. It will be on video on demand 9/16 (I think) and officially out in the theaters October. Kind of weird as to why they are doing that. Definitely worth the watch IMO.

415-31poster_00 (resized).jpg415-31poster_00 (resized).jpg

#5973 7 years ago

Probably doing it in that order to generate more controversy for the theatrical release. I pay zero attention to when movies come out but I do want to see it, especially if it's a evil as you make it sound.

#5974 7 years ago

looks like my game well ship next week

#5975 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

looks like my game well ship next week

What number are you again?

Quoted from emkay:

Probably doing it in that order to generate more controversy for the theatrical release. I pay zero attention to when movies come out but I do want to see it, especially if it's a evil as you make it sound.

It was pretty good and I'd see it again. I think its better than his Halloween's and The Lords of Salem. His best work is House of 1000 Corpses and Rejects IMO. What was kinda cool is the guy playing Death-Head is Nihilist #3, Franz from The Big Lebowski and I think he pays homage to that character in this one.

#5976 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

What number are you again?

#5977 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I also have an occasional trap happening somewhere under the upper playfield where I can't see the ball.

This turned out to be a narrow spot in the inner loop. I just adjusted the guide a bit, and it's fine now.

20160903_131414 (resized).jpg20160903_131414 (resized).jpg

#5978 7 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It was pretty good and I'd see it again. I think its better than his Halloween's and The Lords of Salem. His best work is House of 1000 Corpses and Rejects IMO. What was kinda cool is the guy playing Death-Head is Nihilist #3, Franz from The Big Lebowski and I think he pays homage to that character in this one.

I love'em all... Looking forward to watch 31!

#5979 7 years ago

What holds the upper playfield. I need to retrieve a ball some where under it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5980 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

What holds the upper playfield. I need to retrieve a ball some where under it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have to remove the small flipper and two screws along the right edge. If you're completely removing it, you'll need to disconnect Spailding's wire as well.

#5981 7 years ago

Thank you

#5982 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I love'em all... Looking forward to watch 31!

Definitely going to watch 31.

It's amazing how Rob Zombie's wife never ages.

#5983 7 years ago
Quoted from Playmatic:

Definitely going to watch 31.
It's amazing how Rob Zombie's wife never ages.

Sheri F ing Moon. Sensational.

#5984 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

She looks great in this one also. Its hard to believe she's in her 40's now. Me too

#5985 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know if it's still around, but she used to have her own line of Women's clothing called Total Skull (maybe mens too?). I had a pretty badass shirt.

She's forever sexy.

#5986 7 years ago

So many people selling their games already, strange it's one of the games we have all been waiting for. Another strange thing is they are all listed on pinside. These people all know about the game and most of us who wanted one are getting one. I see none listed on ebay. Wouldnt they sell better to someone who has alot of money, but just didnt know about the pin?

#5987 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

So many people selling their games already, strange it's one of the games we have all been waiting for. Another strange thing is they are all listed on pinside. These people all know about the game and most of us who wanted one are getting one. I see none listed on ebay. Wouldnt they sell better to someone who has alot of money, but just didnt know about the pin?

Not that strange as a lot of people can't turn down an easy flip/profit. Always happens and then say in 3 years time this game will be super hard to find.

Also code is not yet at a point where it is cohesive and rewarding but it is being worked on so hopefully it will get better and better with mini-wizard mode added etc.

#5988 7 years ago

Glad I opted for a later built machine. This will be my first new pinball machine. Looking forward to not have to fix anything or have stuff that needs attention. Just play and enjoy the game. I am like 224 so by then all fixes, will hopefully be in place.

#5989 7 years ago

My LE 42 is for sale

Added over 8 years ago: sold

#5990 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not that strange as a lot of people can't turn down an easy flip/profit. Always happens and then say in 3 years time this game will be super hard to find.
Also code is not yet at a point where it is cohesive and rewarding but it is being worked on so hopefully it will get better and better with mini-wizard mode added etc.

I agree and we all know bunch were gotten just to flip to make a easy profit. There were AMH's popping up too like this and now you don't see them much. There also well be some that don't like it and sell it too. I also think no ones getting crazy amounts for there game as some figured.

#5991 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Glad I opted for a later built machine. This will be my first new pinball machine. Looking forward to not have to fix anything or have stuff that needs attention. Just play and enjoy the game. I am like 224 so by then all fixes, will hopefully be in place.

You will still be adjusting and fixing things .

#5992 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

My LE 42 is for sale machinefor salePlaced 2016-08-30 23:03 (5 days ago)For sale: Rob Zombie's Spookshow LE #42 (Spooky Pinball)“#42. Upgraded back alley toys, LEDs. software v12. Prefer local sale/pickup Chicago area.” $ 8,800 (OBO) dgarrett Geneva, IL Home Used Only (HUO)Featured

At least keep it until you host league!

#5993 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You will still be adjusting and fixing things .

indeed remember when shipping/moving a pinball things get shaking around.

#5994 7 years ago

I think a bunch are being sold due to it being a kinda crappy machine. Quality feel just ain't there.....

#5995 7 years ago

The machine is far from crappy. It needs some serious score/rule balancing but that will come.

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I think a bunch are being sold due to it being a kinda crappy machine. Quality

#5996 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I think a bunch are being sold due to it being a kinda crappy machine. Quality feel just ain't there.....

Profit potential is just too great, under priced machine from the factory and many saw upside and never planned on keeping in the first place. I've got one in my collection and the quality is there without question. Adjustments will need to made, like every other NIB pin. The rules do need to be polished up though

Here is what I've had to do

1. move drop target over to the right
2. adjust wire-form ramp to upper playfield
3. replace fuse-

15 minutes of adjustments

#5997 7 years ago

Just my opinion...I'm allowed.

#5998 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Just my opinion...I'm allowed.

Yes your allowed your opinion but have you owned a AMH or RZ ?

Yes they might not be as good as Stern or Williams/Bally but there learning there still a new company. To me there doing it right They have best/fastest customer service to date and stand behind there games.

#5999 7 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Yes they might not be as good as Stern or Williams/Bally but there learning there still a new company. To me there doing it right They have best/fastest customer service to date and stand behind there games.

Are there there yet? Yes, I think there there.... oh, look, there there are!

#6000 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Are there there yet? Yes, I think there there.... oh, look, there there are!

Haha BTW a bit drunk tonight

IMG_20160904_194040 (resized).jpgIMG_20160904_194040 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/120?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.