2024-02-20 13.12.31 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
RZ Glass (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8038068_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_6813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7429 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 223.
#551 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

300 is double the number of AMH's they sold. Thats a pretty ambitious goal from their side.
And given they are only capable of producing 100 machines per year, they wouldn't want to make a 500 limit and be tied to only producing Rob Zombie machines for the next 5 years. Companies need to be always introducing new products to stay relevant. They don't want to be known only as the Rob Zombie pinball manufacturer.

They can choose to increase production capacity. They can choose to extend licensing. But limiting to a 300 lifetime number didn't leave either of those options open for the future... that's the only point being made.

#552 8 years ago

I assume they know better than anyone what their capacity to produce is.

They alone cannot chose to extend license. RZ would also have to agree to extend the license. We can sit here and speculate what deal was negotiated but we have no idea. Maybe RZ said 3 years and that's it.....no extension. who knows I just know I am looking forward to watching the growth and success of their company. Good people and this hobby really needed something like this.

Good luck Spooky Pinball!!

#553 8 years ago

All this talk of 300 games is boring. It's a limited edition, it's not gonna change because you think you know better than Charlie, just let it go. Find something else to talk about. Like what the art might look like! What about Pinball Zombies *did* you like? Chuck wants a game with some wicked randomness if you miss a show, the ball is wild. If the rest of the layout works that's not a bad thing!

5d75bbe9ab8d6fffb8b012cc99903c54.jpg5d75bbe9ab8d6fffb8b012cc99903c54.jpgtumblr_moeclk4M871rg9i0ho3_1280.jpgtumblr_moeclk4M871rg9i0ho3_1280.jpg

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All this talk of 300 games is boring. It's a limited edition, it's not gonna change because you think you know better than Charlie, just let it go. Find something else to talk about. Like what the art might look like! What about Pinball Zombies *did* you like? Chuck wants a game with some wicked randomness if you miss a show, the ball is wild. If the rest of the layout works that's not a bad thing!
5d75bbe9ab8d6fffb8b012cc99903c54.jpg tumblr_moeclk4M871rg9i0ho3_1280.jpg

indeed awesmome art

#555 8 years ago

Congrats to charlie and the spooky pinball team for getting this great tittle . It really is awesome to see you guys succeed and get a dream tittle on just game two!!! Seriously awesome! You've got a lot of work ahead you , but damn ! This is awesome !

#556 8 years ago

Hmm, are you saying you've seen the art already and it's boobalicious?

#557 8 years ago

Just popping in to this thread to say kudos to everyone at Spooky.
Keep doing what you do, keep being awesome. Pinball needs your talent, reliability and straightforward communication. You are proving that dream that talented pinnerds can actually pull together the right people and make magic happen.

#558 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgMars needs women. Angry red women.

#559 8 years ago

Just a "reminder" for those that clearly never bothered to read the thread. Running it in circles at this point... Can't wait for real updates though

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We do have it in place should the need arise that we can extend the contract to complete the build, but we can't extend the contract for number of games sold.

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

5d75bbe9ab8d6fffb8b012cc99903c54.jpg tumblr_moeclk4M871rg9i0ho3_1280.jpg

Thats my problem with the game...if it's pinball zombie's layout I'm out. Do not dig that layout at all. If it's tweaked I'm afraid that won't be enough. If it's a new layout, we'll see...anxious to see this game!

#561 8 years ago

Did Ben reveal anything new at the southern fried show?

I have been out playing pinball at KISS launch and don't feel like digging through the crap to see some photos or whatever Ben was showing today.

anyone?

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, are you saying you've seen the art already and it's boobalicious?

No, but Charlie wanted to do this tittle . And based on the artwork I have seen from the artist it will be awesome.

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No, but Charlie wanted to do this tittle

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Congrats to charlie and the spooky pinball team for getting this great tittle

Quoted from trilogybeer:

It really is awesome to see you guys succeed and get a dream tittle

Stop trying to turn this into a tittle thread.

#564 8 years ago

Since the limited quantity seems to be such a sticking point for some, I thought I'd 'splain my own reaction to this announcement. By the time I got to actually play AMH, they were nearly all spoken for. When they were officially all gone, I realized that I genuinely wished I had immediately gotten on the list once I realized not only that I liked the game but that the limited nature virtually guaranteed a much slower rate of depreciation. Then the RZ theme kept getting kicked about and while I thought it was very unlikely, I loved the idea and so did my wife. We're both big music nerds and had already been leaning towards a music-based theme for our first NIB purchase. In between all that, I watched the drama unfold here on Pinside with all of these small guys trying to get into the game and while I enjoy Stern's current lineup for the most part, as a former small business owner I really loved the idea of going with a small manufacturer and the only one I trust with my $$ is Spooky. So when the announcement dropped, I looked up from the laptop and yelled, "Honey, Rob Zombie is gonna happen. Get on the list?" Dozen or two minutes later, I got a reply from KT noting my interest. If this were an open-ended project without a track record, my usual reticence would have kicked in and I'd still be on the fence - and I suspect many others would have as well. Instead, Spooky can kick out the jams knowing they simply have to deliver. It's an envious place to be if you want to build pinball machines instead of spending your energy trying to sell them. Their consistency sold this title as much or more than their choice of themes. I don't have deep enough pockets to speculate in this hobby and this is exactly what I want.

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thats my problem with the game...if it's pinball zombie's layout I'm out. Do not dig that layout at all. If it's tweaked I'm afraid that won't be enough. If it's a new layout, we'll see...anxious to see this game!

It's not a new layout. It's a tweaked Pinball Zombies. I'm waiting to see how it plays, but don't expect something different from that, because that's what it is.

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not a new layout. It's a tweaked Pinball Zombies. I'm waiting to see how it plays, but don't expect something different from that, because that's what it is.

I guess nothing to do but wait and see.

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I guess nothing to do but wait and see.

lol no, this is Pinside... we have to argue viciously while we wait and see.

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are elements of this layout I love, and some not sure about.

Love the crazy pop bumper chaos if you miss a shot.

Guess we will see soon.

#569 8 years ago

The underside of the playfield has been out for a while. Pops look like pzftg, but clearly there are other elements. I got it from Ben's twitter and posted it up on the second game thread.

spooky 2.jpgspooky 2.jpg

#570 8 years ago

I love that hand on the playfield between the flips it's very real looking they should keep that.

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

It's really Boolean.

Not sure I've ever seen Boolean used in this way. Love it.

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I agree, the layout although different, has a very poor configuration with almost no flow. Its all about the shots, designers need to worry less about being unique and more about flow. Given the size of a typical playfield, I believe there are no new good layouts as everything has been done........just find a game that had good flow and great shots, but had a terrible theme and copy it!

#573 8 years ago

As excited as I am about the possibilities of this game with Alex horley art, zombie music and a horror theme at the end of the day it has to be fun to play. If the action is anything like the zombie pin in the video I too would be ruluctantly out. Otherwise I could achieve the same package with a Horley poster and a zombie CD for much cheaper.

I understand spooky wanting to inject some randomness into the game and punishment for bad shots but of the three balls plunged in that video there were a total of seven touches before a drain...that's not even enough time to make a bad shot.

I'm hoping for maybe a drop bank in between those bumpers or a bash toy...if it's left wide open with the ability of the pops to send balls toward the slings for outlane drains or sdtm then imo Spooky will have squandered a great theme and taken a step back from AMH.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

As excited as I am about the possibilities of this game with Alex horley art, zombie music and a horror theme at the end of the day it has to be fun to play. If the action is anything like the zombie pin in the video I too would be ruluctantly out. Otherwise I could achieve the same package with a Horley poster and a zombie CD for much cheaper.
I understand spooky wanting to inject some randomness into the game and punishment for bad shots but of the three balls plunged in that video there were a total of seven touches before a drain...that's not even enough time to make a bad shot.
I'm hoping for maybe a drop bank in between those bumpers or a bash toy...if it's left wide open with the ability of the pops to send balls toward the slings for outlane drains or sdtm then imo Spooky will have squandered a great theme and taken a step back from AMH.

Well said!

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I believe there are no new good layouts as everything has been done......

Take a look at the Archer pinball thread.

#576 8 years ago

I really don't like the look of Pinball Zombies layout and hoping RZ is more than just a tweak of that. But by the looks of that under PF photo, and a few comments in this thread, it doesn't look substantially different. For me that's the only reservation...time will tell I guess.

#577 8 years ago

If you go back and actually read what Charlie said, they significantly changed the layout, toys, flow, etc.....not "minor tweaks".

Looking at the video is worthless.

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Take a look at the Archer pinball thread.

Huh? Going to find that thread!

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Stop trying to turn this into a tittle thread.

Sorry I didn't realize I used that word so often . From here on I shall refer to it as "Theme"

#580 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

The underside of the playfield has been out for a while. Pops look like pzftg, but clearly there are other elements. I got it from Ben's twitter and posted it up on the second game thread.
spooky 2.jpg

Are we sure this pic is of the "revised" layout? It looks pretty much just like the original pzfbtg layout to me. What are the other elements you see? If this is the layout for RZ Spookshow, it would be disappointing for sure.// Error: Image 419070 not found //

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Sorry I didn't realize I used that word so often . From here on I shall refer to it as "Theme"

I apologize if I'm explaining the joke, but the word is "title" and you keep writing "tittle" which makes it sound like "tits".

Quoted from robertmee:

This is the $1000 question.

I don't agree with the notion that there are no new layouts, and just copy some other one and retheme it. Charlie wants to make something different, that's part of the whole point of doing all the work to have your own pinball company, and I respect that.

The problem is it's not enough to just be "different". There's a reason why so many games feel similar, and that's because it's challenging to do new ideas and layouts that work.

When Charlie and I first talked about this game I expressed my reservations for the layout, I'm not saying anything here I didn't already tell him privately. At the time we just didn't see eye to eye on it. And it's his game, so that's fine.

I definitely wasn't the only one telling him these things, and he's tweaked it based on the feedback. There will be some more flow to it than before, more shots that return to the flippers. But it's also not going to be radically different, so that's my whole question now, is it changed enough to work for me? I haven't played it, but I do know what's changed, and it's not a ton, definitely tweaks not a full on redesign.

I'm keeping an open mind, and I'm excited to see more. But I definitely won't hesitate to drop out if the game doesn't feel fun. Awesome art and supporting a pinball company that's doing things in a true and honest way are great things, but I buy pinballs to play them, so that's my primary consideration.

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They're making 300. Don't like it? Life is full of things you can't control, might as well get used to it.

Sweet !!!

Spooky is making 300.
Awesome theme. I'm in !!!!!! LE comes with extra splatter ?

300-1.jpg300-1.jpg

#583 8 years ago

Anyone remember how awesome Rob Zombie made the Twisted Metal franchise with his music and the Dragula in the game? Man that was epic! I am definitely excited to see what this pinball machine becomes!

#584 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you go back and actually read what Charlie said, they significantly changed the layout, toys, flow, etc.....not "minor tweaks".

I've read both threads entirely. Please illuminate us because what I hear from people in the know is contrary to what you say.

Quoted from Aurich:

It changed enough to work for me? I haven't played it, but I do know what's changed, and it's not a ton, definitely tweaks not a full on redesign.
I'm keeping an open mind, and I'm excited to see more. But I definitely won't hesitate to drop out if the game doesn't feel fun. Awesome art and supporting a pinball company that's doing things in a true and honest way are great things, but I buy pinballs to play them, so that's my primary consideration.

#585 8 years ago

Well, there was no bash toy in the old layout and we've already heard something about Captain Spaulding bash toy being in the redesign. That sounds like a little more than a tweak unless it's just tacked on. I really hope Spooky came up with a way to make it all work well together. Only time will tell.

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've read both threads entirely. Please illuminate us because what I hear from people in the know is contrary to what you say.

I was confused, it was Andrew and Alien that those comments were made regarding the toys, layout, etc..

Yes I agree, it would be somewhat disappointing if that video is representative of what we are going to see in the final product.

#587 8 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, there was no bash toy in the old layout and we've already heard something about Captain Spaulding bash toy being in the redesign. That sounds like a little more than a tweak unless it's just tacked on. I really hope Spooky came up with a way to make it all work well together. Only time will tell.

I guess it's all semantics. The layout is essentially the same, with some tweaked shots so that there's more flow, and there are more toys, but the original PZ game was going to have toys that weren't on the prototype anyways as I recall.

As I said, open mind. I'll wait to judge until I see how it all works. I haven't seen it, just going off what I've talked with Charlie about.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I apologize if I'm explaining the joke, but the word is "title" and you keep writing "tittle" which makes it sound like "tits".

AH , OK I see . I was never any good at spelling , I'm going to blame that on phone's autocorrect though .

#589 8 years ago

Said it before, I'll say it again... It has more flow than the previous layout. More toys, more coils than AMH, more everything than what it had before. It's still wild and punishing as I intended. There are tons of pure fan flow whatever you wanna call it layout games out there, and I have no desire to make pure fan layout game #127. Others can and will do them better than I, so why try to be an immitator?

If it fails then I'm wrong and at least we took a chance on something different. If I believed that was the case I'd never even try.

We're making toys here... Really, I'm still surprised by that fact. I was writing script for a killer clown at midnight last night as part of my "job".

Debating if a toy you've never played is more or less fun than another toy seems kinda weird to me. And I know weird... Been weird my whole life!

Happy fathers day!

#590 8 years ago

When will we get to see the backglass art? Pins and needles over here.

#591 8 years ago

There are tons of pure fan flow whatever you wanna call it layout games out there, and I have no desire to make pure fan layout game #127. Others can and will do them better than I, so why try to be an immitator?

Amen to that! Different is a very good thing.

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When will we get to see the backglass art? Pins and needles over here

Alex is working on final glass now. All in due time. Toy Story 2 taught us, "you can't rush art".

#593 8 years ago

Said it before, I'll say it again... It has more flow than the previous layout. More toys, more coils than AMH, more everything than what it had before. It's still wild and punishing as I intended.

Why cant you release an outline/shot map of the game like Heighway did of Aliens?

Nothing but a theme is annouced and you want me to email and say im interested in spending $6000 for a game?

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Why cant you release an outline/shot map of the game like Heighway did of Aliens?
Nothing but a theme is annouced and you want me to email and say im interested in spending $6000 for a game?

No risk for you with the email and shot maps cost money.

Regardless, perhaps it's best that you not send your email on this one.

#595 8 years ago

Maybe he is almost out of E stamps.

#596 8 years ago

Why the low tolerance for questions?
Tough crowd...
-mof

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

We made a title announcement before it completely leaked anyway. We took a no obligation, no money down, interested parties sales list. Don't like it once you see it? It cost you an email and nothing else. If that upsets you, we're really sorry, we did our best. At least we aren't on page 400 discussing how to get your email back via attorney.

I personally wouldn't buy any game sight unseen, unless it was a dream title that I was completely enthralled with. I can think of maybe 3 things total... Rob Zombie is one of those for me.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After talking to Charlie in Denver, it sounds a lot more than "tweaked". I am expecting something much different.

#599 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

How much did that e-mail run you? Mine was free, and I can even refuse to send money later. I don't know maybe I am too liberal with my correspondence.

#600 8 years ago

I heard this is completely sold out for ZenTron (still some available for anyone else)

Sorry buddy. Better luck next time. Maybe you can save up all your emails and spend one sending it off for Spooky #3 to say you are interested.

I tell you what... If you are hard up for emails I can lend you one at that time and send it off for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 223.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rob-zombies-spook-show-international/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.